Manager of Technical Services/Mx Control
Airline | Phoenix, AZ United States
Swift Air is seeking a highly motivated Manager of Technical Services/Maintenance Control for the Maintenance department based in our Phoenix Arizona Headquarters. The Manager of Technical Services/MX Control is responsible maintaining the Swift Air Aircraft fleet according to approved maintenance program and GMM procedures.
The following outlines our minimum requirements for applicants:
- Hold a valid FAA mechanics certificate with Airframe and Power plants
- Meets requirements CFR 14 FAR 119.63 and 119.65.
- Must have 737 Background
- 10 years in technical position as Flight Mechanic, Maintenance Controller, Engineering or combination with minimum of two years in managerial or supervisory position.
- College degree preferred
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Assumes duties of DOM on his a absence.
- Responsible to develop detailed procedures following normal and abnormal conditions and ensure all procedures are followed by the controllers.
- Supervise and evaluate MX controllers and ensure they are complying with the procedures established for MXC operations.
- Responsible to develop MX controllers training and recurrent training up to date and keep them effective.
- Advise the Director of Maintenance and DQA as to any maintenance problem that Airworthiness implications and/or involves major flight delays and cancellations.
- Ensure that MX controllers are maintaining a turnover log of all work in progress, follow up, action taken, instructions given, information received and details of any special projects. FAR 121.36 9(b)(9)
- Coordinate maintenance activities with the MX Controllers and MX providers. +
- Monitor the flight schedules to ensure adequate maintenance opportunities is provided.
- Coordinate with stations maintenance contract for manpower and facilities to ensure maximum use of maintenance time.
- Communicate and coordinate with Materials Department and other departments the scheduled maintenance to ensure smooth transition with no or minimal delays.
- Oversee the MEL/DMI program on a daily basis to ensure parts and resources are made available for corrective actions on a timely basis.
- Coordinate with planning and line maintenance and QC/QA the accomplishment of the scheduled work load.
- Oversee maintenance controllers operation with regards to line maintenance operations.
- Ensure the maintenance controllers are kept informed of procedures or policy changes and they communicate those to line personnel.
- Develop and maintain AOG log for each aircraft.
- Make sure all manuals used in MXC being maintained in current state.
- Attend the daily maintenance/operation meeting.
- Maintain a current list of all contact maintenance and a list of designation issued by Quality Control.
- Coordinate with the Maintenance Planning, Materials Support, Quality Assurance and Maintenance for scheduling and performance of power plant, APUs, and Avionics systems related tasks.
- Will audit all deferrals issued and ensure they are carried out as per Swift Air’s. MEL manual procedures.
- consult with and inform engine manufactures Field Service Representatives on planning and troubleshooting issues.
- Assist DOM and DQC review all company Power plant, APUS, and Avionics systems vendor contracts for conformity.
- Review Service Bulletins for applicability.
- Responsible for responding irregularities or making suggestions to avoid a potential delays.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Maintenance or higher authority.
About Swift Air
Swift Air LLC was founded in 2000 and is focused on safe, reliable transportation of first class aircraft for the sports, entertainment, and business segments including heads of state, high net worth individuals, celebrities, and music tours. Swift Air LLC is an international carrier with Worldwide Operating authority operating B737 aircraft.
Our focus is providing our customers with superior service, value and safety in the manner that best fits their needs. We have been recognized, and carry the highest ratings available, by independent industry rating organizations for our compliance with the highest standards of safety and operations. Our focus on training, safety and service allow us to provide our customers with the best possible service available.
How to Apply
Please send an email with your cover letter and resume
Include the position in the subject line. No phone calls please.