Swift Transportation

Swift Transportation Employee Reviews

Good first time job
Diesel Technician (Current Employee), Inver Grove Heights, MNMay 28, 2015
I feel its a starter company. Low pay and straight pay after 40. The management does not put there foot down which coworkers run the shop not the management. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the coworkers. The most enjoyable part of the job is pulling the truck in repairing the truck and getting it back on the road knowing you made that happen. I've have learned everything I know about diesel.
its alright
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Ocala, FLMay 26, 2015
This job was very hard for me at first being away from my family and what not. i worked alone and drove 10-12 hours a day non stop. The best part of this job was seeing how beautiful the world is. Management was okay, it paid the bills at the end of the day.
Stable job with no shortage of work
Commercial Flatbed Truck Driver (Current Employee), Richmond, VAMay 26, 2015
Pros: Very steady work & many positions available
Cons: Lots of unpaid hours & abusive dispatchers
On a typical day I spent 8-9 hours driving and 3 or 4 more unpaid hours loading, unloading and filing paperwork. The job security and work availability was excellent, but the amount of unpaid work and high equipment costs just weren't worth being away from home 27 days out of the month.
GREAT MILES..SAW 48 STATES
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee), Ocala, FLMay 26, 2015
Pros: SEE THE COUNTRY
Cons: NEVER HOME
WORKED HERE NEARLY THREE YRS...THOUGHT I WANTED TO TRY ANOTHER COMP SO WENT TO CRETE WHO PAYED ME MORE BY THE MILE,BUT LESS MILES,SO PAY WAS ABOUT THE SAME. CAME TO REALIZE I NEEDED A BREAK FROM TRUCKING AFTER 3+ YRS OF MISSING OUT ON A LOT OF THINGS
and ok place to work there
OTR Driver (Former Employee), Appleton, WIMay 25, 2015
Pros: like to drive
Cons: communication problems
drove truck all over the country,and to pay could have been better and they need to have better communication with the drivers.
Temporary position with Accounts Payable
Accounts Payable, Temporary Assignment (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 25, 2015
Everyone there was friendly and helpful. Family atmosphere even though it is a large company. Lots of amenities; gym, health care clinic, on site grill and company store.
third largest trucking company
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 23, 2015
Large company, terminals in most states. Hard to get ahold of anyone when you call, longest Ive waited was 4 hours to speak to my driver manager about my upgrade but my phone died and I spent the next week trying to call them.
Fun loved being on the road
Truck driver (Former Employee), Fontana, CAMay 21, 2015
Pros: the freedom I get
Cons: really no cons
I love being on the road. the only thing is having someone to listen to me. when I have things that isn't working please hear me and check things out.
lol not bad
Truck driver (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMay 19, 2015
my pay check was always there...but don't do there lease program its a pain in the but if your not running team its not worth it
Over the Road Driving
Driver (Former Employee), Denver, COMay 16, 2015
Pros: Cross country driving and getting paid for it
Cons: Driving long distance alone
Waiting for a load and then driving across country to deliver the product, some down time. No co-workers to really deal with, the hardest part of the job-driving alone
Most enjoyable-freedom and traveling the country and getting paid for it.
MANAGEMENT IS NOT TRAINED CORRECTLY
OTR Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMMay 15, 2015
WORKING FOR SWIFT TRANSPORTATION WAS GREAT UNTIL DRIVER MANAGERS TRY TO TELL DRIVERS THEY CAN'T HAVE
MORE THAN TWO DAYS OFF EVEN AFTER THE DRIVER HAS BEEN OUT ON THE ROAD FROM THREE TO FOUR WEEKS
Too much micro managment
Administrative Assistant / Data Entry (Former Employee), OklahomaMay 15, 2015
Pros: immediate boss was great
Cons: micro managing by the upper management
Too many chefs in the kitchen. The more I did the more they wanted! Upper managment (my bosses boss) was a nightmare! Drivers were rude when they didn't get it their way. Wasted 9 years with this company thinking it would get better but it got worse instead. I remember when the owner actually cared about ALL of the employees.
swift
Driver/Laborer (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 14, 2015
coworkers..awesome.
management...ok
work was there in the shop,not so much if you were a driver. lots of angry drivers deliberately breaking trucks so they didnt have to do loads and get paid hourly to wait for a new truck. Had alot of fun working in the shop. We all helped each other out on each job.
horrible job
Long haul operator (Former Employee), Lancaster, TXMay 14, 2015
this is one of the worst companies i have ever worked for i wish i didnt go through them to even get my cdl because they are a ok school but the company it self sucks the pay is low and miles are also
bad supervision
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Decatur, GAMay 14, 2015
Pros: good potential way to make money
Cons: not enough home time
very unorganized and unprofessionally ran. Over 10 managers over you. neither of them anserw they phone when you need to reach them. they all tell u different things that go against what the other says.
My typical day is on the road. Thats good because I enjoy it, but need more time with my family.
Operador de Transporte (Current Employee), 1101 Carriers Dr, Laredo Texas 78045May 13, 2015
Pros: The salary is good and the enviroment good too.
Cons: I stay on the road every day. I need stay more time with my family.
I worked in team, and then this is very complicated because is like to live with a person every day and every night. Thats so dificult. But the job individual is good.
you are just a number. .
CDL Class A Driver (Current Employee), Duncan, SCMay 12, 2015
Pros: sometimes get good miles
Cons: lots of sitting and not getting paid
Been a otr driver 2.5 years now..had 15 trucks . People inside treat u like trash . Your mile go up and down ever week one week 2100. Next 2800. Then back to 1900... pay check sometimes are wrong u have to wait 2 weeks to 3 weeks for them to fix it right... the computer they put in the trucks break down all the time.. hometime .take more then 4 days off lose your truck.. . U may gross 850 a week . But most of the time it 650 to 500
drove crazy amount of hours.
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Ocoee, FLMay 6, 2015
Pros: you get paid money
Cons: you don't get paid what you are worth
This company cares nothing about its employees. They send you to wrong addresses and get mad when the load is late. They expect you to give them your soul and get mad when you don't smile about it.
teas only
Depot Assistant Supervisor (Clerk; Checker) (Former Employee), Beit BridgeMay 5, 2015
Pros: teas only
Cons: lunch breaks for 30 minutes
Preparing the deliveries of cargo , matching cagro to the consinment notes, receipting freight cost per consignment,, going to the different farmers to collect freight charges, preparing consignment notes, preparing cargo manifests for the diferen destinsations. Paying driver allowance, preparing salaries & overtime work sheets,paying workers. preparing banking, Booked driver both incoming and outgoing local and regional and attending stakeholers & farmers meetings.
We worked as a team under the supervisor.
The hardest part was to deal with some farmers who could not pay their bills on time.
The most enjoyable part was dealing with the Customs department and the vehicle inspection departments as they we very suppotive.
steady employment.
CDL Class A Driver (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 30, 2015
Pros: steady employment
Cons: not enough home time
steady employment, but not enough home time. but the staff is professional when it comes down to talking to the drivers with respect and concern.

1 2 3 4 5

About Swift Transportation

Swift Corporation is a truckload carrier that operates a fleet of truckload carrier equipment.

Swift Transportation Salaries

$2,000 per month
Company Driver
$500 per week

Swift Transportation Photos

Making a stop before we deliver.  2 hours early.
First stop at new home.  Dad taking my photo in my 1st truck. 2008
regreso a casa de cordoba capital