Swift Transportation

Swift Transportation Employer Reviews

having my own office
Data Entry Clerk- Data (Current Employee), New Boston, MIDecember 11, 2014
Pros: luncheions for teh shop
Cons: benefits
Data enter all work orders for the shop and outside vendors. Assisted at shop desk as a service writer. Help drivers when needed.
Productive place to work
Diesel Technician (Current Employee), Oklahoma CityDecember 9, 2014
A lot of up to date meetings to keep you in tune with the company's goals of production.
Fast paced
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Mira Loma, CADecember 8, 2014
Long hours, salary and benefits some holiday work days required most days are repetitious, little chance for advancement, not enough training sink or swim it up to you. i do not wish to review this company any further it totally up to you what you make of it
Swift Transportation
Driver (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 5, 2014
Pros: benefits, lots of freight, great on road service.
Cons: not enough home-time
Hmmmm...... Well Its a hit and miss Company it depends where you are in the national that determent how you are treated. some terminal's there very friendly and would give you their shirt off their back to help you. And their Terminal's that will treat you like well not so much. The overall care of their Trucks and Trailers are fairly good and good – more... up keep. Their Safety Department is generally on the side of the drivers. Their Human Resource's Department is a so/so. The Payroll Department will find a error and fix it very fast. The best words of advice i can give for someone interest in joining is. don't rock the boat. And do what you can to make your Dispatcher aka Driver Leader and Fleet Manager happy.

I generally cant say anything bad about this company. all the thing that happened to me isn't normal behavior of swift i was a odd case to say the least. If i had to go back I would. In a way it was like a family of course we had our fights and we laughed as well. Like any trucking company its what you make of it out to be.

sincerely that driver swift accidentally hired. – less
not a great place to work
Orientation Facilitator (Former Employee), Denver, CODecember 4, 2014
Managers and staff not very friendly, and insurance is now through an exchange ( very costly)
Productive Company
CDL Truck Driver, Location (Current Employee), Phoenix, AzDecember 3, 2014
You have several options when working for the company. You have the option of driving a company owned truck or driving your own personal truck. There are several companies that you can be a dedicated driver for or you can drive over the road.
ok company
otr truck driver (Former Employee), jonestown paDecember 3, 2014
Pros: lots of terminals/drop yards, nice dispatcher
Cons: low pay, slow trucks, waiting at customers.
i been at swift over a year and had an ok experience at swift transportation. trucks run at 61mph well thats what my gps is show and is usually accurate. the dashboard always shows a different mph (65mph) which is not correct lol. had problems recently with bed bugs in the truck or something biting me throughout my body and leaving scars of my itching. – more... grrrrrrrrr and had to leave especially when its cold and very cold outside cant deal with both and not being
well rest to drive for hours. – less
Great beginner company to work for.
PROFESSIONAL DRIVER (Former Employee), Gary, IN and Memphis, TNDecember 1, 2014
Pros: will train
Cons: long time away, there are no emergencies
Swift Transportation is a great company for a recent school graduate to work for, because they are a basic company. There are no emergencies at Swift. Swift is not a family friendly company and home time is not guaranteed on the day scheduled. However, you may take home time in any state you choose by zip code.
Can only move up so far unless you are a "good ol' Boy"
ECT Supervisor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 26, 2014
Pros: good co-workers
Cons: plays favorites
Worked with Swift 5 years and worked my way to a supervisor in operations. Then the path just stopped. There was no way to move up because all the good ol' boys were getting the promotions. Also the irrelevant executives were having new positions created for them to keep them there so the good ol' boys could move into their vacated positions. Hard work – more... will only carry you so far with Swift it then becomes a game of who you know. I like the company. I liked my drivers and taking care of them. Unfortunately Swift seems more interested in the politics inside opposed to taking care of their lower level people and the most important people....the drivers. Terminals such as Memphis and their way of doing nothing like anyone else in the company made it difficult to work with them. I like the skills obtained working here, but unless you wish to be stuck in the same position, with an annual 3% raise, for a few years Swift is not the company for longevity. If you do not wish to advance then Swift is where it's at. – less
Local management was very helpful, but corporate was not.
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee), Monroe, GANovember 25, 2014
Pros: pay was approx. $900 to $1000 a week.
Cons: drivers would work almost double the normal 40 hr. workweek.
Local supervisors helped drivers as much as possible to do their work. The work rules established by corporate was hard on drivers who had one weekday off each week with 14 hour shifts each workday. A driver could work as much as 70 hours in a five day period and then take a 34 hour break before returning to work.
a job for rookies/drivers without recent experience
OTR Driver (Former Employee), Richmond, VANovember 19, 2014
Pros: new truck
Cons: lies
typical startup company, you're just a number. When I gave them two week notice they tried to strand me in Baltimore, but I didn't have enough hours to take the load. They wouldn't deadhead me or give me a load from the Martinsburg, WV terminal to the Richmond, VA terminal so that I could haul my tools and gear back to the house in my pickup, they said – more... they'd get me a Greyhound ticket but I'd have to leave my tools! I ended up having to rent a car to go home, The people working the Martinsburg terminal tried to get them to hook me up, and couldn't believe what they were doing to me after giving them notice instead of just leaving. I also was punished during my employment for idling the truck, which I only did when it was too hot for me to sleep (they refused to fix the optimized idle so the truck just ran after I fell asleep). My punishment was having to drive 60 miles to the terminal in my personal vehicle instead of taking the company truck home, which was the original agreement. WHEN THEY HIRED ME THEY TOLD ME TO IDLE THE TRUCK! LIES LIES LIES, HOW TYPICAL OF LARGE SCALE TRUCKING. – less
This job is good for a single non committed individual
Class A Driver (Current Employee), Jurupa ValleyNovember 18, 2014
Pros: free shower credit, points to buy food, drinks ect
Cons: sitting for long periods of time. sleeping in a confined space.
This driving position required OTR over the road driving. Driving 13,000 miles and being away from home for 27 days. This does not work for me. I need a local job so I won't be away from home for so many consecutive days.

Hardest part of the job was backing into tight dock areas. Enjoyable part of the job was the ability to see the country.
Perfect job for the time
Driver (Former Employee), Lewiston, IdahoNovember 17, 2014
I really love driving, but the being away from home just did not play well for my family. I learned much from the experience and was able to learn much about the country in my travels. The most difficult part was lack of information regarding delivery access to locations and unanticipated delivery/pickup procedures of some customers.
nice terminals lots of things to do
trucker driver (Former Employee), denver coloradoNovember 17, 2014
good company with a lot of respect for there drivers they also have a lot of different types of truck to drive
OTR
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee), Greer, SCNovember 13, 2014
Pros: ...
Cons: did not make accommodations for sleep overs
Away from home more than I would like to be. Great company for men...not very women friendly unless you work in the office.
no what you think
mentor (Current Employee), greerNovember 12, 2014
Pros: nine
Cons: to many to list
Swift do not care about its drives at all. You will hear from swift . we are here to help you. That's not the case. 90% of the time swift will not help you. I can not think of any thing good to say about swift.
Worst company I've ever worked for
Customer Service (Former Employee), PhoenixNovember 9, 2014
Pros: you can buy great household stuff from the cargo store for cheap
Cons: aweful management
Unorganized, management is horrible with no structure what-so-ever, therefore there's no structure with the employees. This is a very large establishment, strict rules need to be implimented. If it starts with management it will trinkle down to the enmployees and things would run smoother and there wouldn't be such a high turn over in a lot of departments.
swift workers
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Decatur, GANovember 7, 2014
Pros: free showers
Cons: hard to sleep
rive to pick up your load, then get your rout in order , head out to your destination, had to be responsible to get the merchandise to and from in a safe timely manner .most of the time there are no co workers you work alone, the most enjoyable part of the job is traveling
Long-haul driving across the USA
Truck Driver/Equipment Operator (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 6, 2014
The best part of the job was seeing new areas of the country.
The worst part was being away from home 3 to 4 weeks at a time.
very unorganized
Truck Driver potato hauler (Former Employee), Pasco, WANovember 5, 2014
Pros: home every night
Cons: you may work 14 hrs a day agin fight to get work done on the truck
again they did not have a very good maintenance program but you did get paid buy the hour

1 2 3 4 5