Swift Transportation

Swift Transportation United States Employee Reviews

Fast Paced Office
Driver Leader (Current Employee), College Park, GAApril 23, 2015
I enjoy the fast paced work environment. I enjoy working with drivers in the transportation industry. I manage about 50 drivers a day and assist in making sure they get daily plans and dispatches. I handle the payroll for hourly drivers. I communicate with drivers through the QUALCOMM and phone.
Run Run Run from this company
driver (Former Employee), AtlantaApril 23, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: It's a dishonest business
The training school is a scam. They charge you 4400 bucs to go to a lot in Utah and stand around. I got 20 minutes of seat time and zero classroom training. I did get my license but it wasn't worth what I paid for it!!!!! They get you to sign a contract for payment. DONT DO IT. There are much better options than Swift for training.... The pay is not good either. The driver managers have favorites that they give the miles to. Pay is based on miles. You bump a dock and
I have sat as much as 7 hours waiting for a load or unload. Time that you are not getting paid for unless you count the 12 per hour after 2 hours. Basically no pay... You have other options for training. Community Colleges offer truck driver training now for less than half of what Swift charges.. It's a ripoff! !!!!!
fun
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 21, 2015
otr was fun at times long days paper work. loads sealsa on trailer r wright. pad locks ect good money job kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
ITS PRODUCTIVE JOB ALSO
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 21, 2015
I DRIVE TO A CUSTOMER AND WAIT FOR HOURS. SOMETIME TWO OR THREE FOR PICK-UP, WHEN I DELIVER THE GOODS TO A CUSTOMER THEY MIGHT BE. NO MANAGER
AND NO CO-WORKER. THE HARDEST PART IS TO DRIVE FOR FIFTEEN HOURS AND THE CUSTOMER ISN'T THERE FOR WHATEVER REASON. NOTHING
Largest transportation company in the U.S
On-Site Manager / Weyerhaeuser (Current Employee), Henderson, COApril 16, 2015
I have worked for Swift Transportion since 1999 and Ive enjoyed working here throughout these years. A typical day at Swift transportaion is helping internal and external customers with their needs. Ive learned alot from the management through out these years, the positive notes ive tried to make them better and the negative notes i avoid doing to my emplolyees. The hardest part of the this job is reducing turnover.
Excellent Company
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Lancaster, TXApril 14, 2015
Driving over the road was a lot of fun.Got to see and meet different people and learn other cultures of the business. Owners were very caring and thoughtful of there drivers. Ensured their was a work life balance. Safety first was very important. Overall excellent company
Road warriors
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 14, 2015
Pros: Good lease program
Cons: long days away from home
Swift transportation is 1 of the leaders in the transportation industry great company if your trying to get your foot in the field of commercial driving
what can you say about the trucking company.
Truck Driver (OTR) class A (Former Employee), New Boston, MIApril 13, 2015
Pros: get to see all of the United States
Cons: only home two days a month
the money was good miles were good in the beginning, but new dispatcher not willing to work with you making things difficult. A typical trucking company.
Productive learning workplace
Truck Driver (OTR) Trainee (Former Employee), Laredo, TXApril 11, 2015
Pros: driving trucks
Cons: not much time home
Learned alot from my mentor while on the road for the short time I was there. Basic driving and the conditions you have to look out for.
OTR they have great trucks.
John (Former Employee), Fontana, CaApril 10, 2015
Pros: Good trainer.
Cons: Nothing.
Great trucks, Good management, and reliable work. They would help us out with meals sometimes. They had a great orientation.
Busy, Energetic
Orientation Assistant (Former Employee), Memphis, TNApril 10, 2015
Pros: Bonuses
Cons: Having to meet quotas
Meet and interview prospective drivers
Assist in completing job applications
Work closely with a Recruiter to hire over the road truck drivers
The hardest part of the job was not being able to qualify applicants to be hired.
The most enjoyable part ot the job was to give a person a new start in life.
Interesting
Driver Manager (Former Employee), Memphis TNApril 9, 2015
Pros: great opportunity
Cons: night shift
Followed company guidelines to supervise nightshift drivers. different managemnt style than what I was used to. Offered me the opportunity to expand.
A job That makes you a number
Diesel Technician (Current Employee), Johnstown, NYApril 8, 2015
I loved my job before Swift took over. They turned our shop into a micromanagement nightmare and destroyed any enjoyment anyone could have. My work load barely changed when Swift took control. It was the demeanor of the higher management, the attitudes of never good enough, the issues with pay among other things.
Short miles small Checks
OTR Driver (Former Employee), Lancaster, TXApril 5, 2015
Pros: Good trucks
Cons: low miles and lower pay
I worked in the Regional routs promised that I would be home every two weeks, this did not happen. Promised that I would make 50 to 70 a year I was only bringing home $500 a week so less than $30,000 a year. The trucks are good.
over the road long haul was ok
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Lewiston, IDApril 3, 2015
Pros: time alone. ALOT
Cons: To much time away from home
Company would drive you hard to pick up trailers of product and deliver threw out the western states.On time every time.Assist in off loading as need be to pick up next load.
had wifi at terminal as well as cafee and sleaping rooms
truck driver/transportation engineer (Former Employee), ewedsville kansasMarch 31, 2015
Pros: good on the job training
Cons: none
good atmosphere to work in
if you had a problem some one would be there to help
transported products form shipper to receiver over the road
good equipment very good communication between drivers and dispatch as well as good interdictory training on quall coms
a job
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 30, 2015
it was fun but it had its days im glad for the chance they give me to learn and drive I had no hash word about them im thankful for everything they did to help me grow
dismal company
Class A Commercial Driver (Former Employee), Denver, COMarch 30, 2015
Pros: pay 41 cents a mile
Cons: broken trucks
They pay good by the mile, however they have broken trucks and do not have good logistics which affect the driver and his salary.
A great place to learn to drive a truck
Company driver (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 26, 2015
Pros: instructors are very ernest in teaching you how to drive a truck.
Cons: short home time
Swift taught me well but you get tired of always being away from home. You are away from your family and friends for very long periods of time. You can make good money ,but you never home long enough to enjoy it.
Have the right attitude
OTR O/O Driver (Current Employee), Lancaster, TXMarch 24, 2015
Trucking is not a great job...it's a decent job that many grow to love. It's not easy in the beginning and like most places no one takes you seriously (read competent) until you've been around at least a year or more with no accidents or service failures.

In every business you will have people difficult to work with, the good news with Swift is that you can change dispatchers, terminals, and other issues pretty much whenever you feel the need. Keep in mind however, that this is not a job where you get paid to just show up. It's hard work in the sense that it is a different lifestyle for most people.

1 2 3 4 5

About Swift Transportation

Swift Corporation is a truckload carrier that operates a fleet of truckload carrier equipment.

Swift Transportation Salaries

$500 per week
Truck Driver
$500 per week

Swift Transportation Photos

Making a stop before we deliver.  2 hours early.
First stop at new home.  Dad taking my photo in my 1st truck. 2008
regreso a casa de cordoba capital