Swift Transportation Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,074 reviews matching the search
Good Job Good People Support
Parts Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 23, 2016
Productive and fun workplace. Learned a lot . Helped a lot of customers daily and enjoyed my associates. Looked up parts constantly for repairs of semi-tractors and semi- trailers. Also purchased outside parts from vendors via telephone.
Pros
Friendly Atmosphere
Cons
No breaks
unorganized, lies, no communication
I am not employed with swift (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 23, 2016
.Dispatchers has NO communications between other dispatch. All things told and promised have never been full filled. Dispatchers are paid off on the side for certain loads.Completely unorganized. I don't see how some dispatchers have a job.
Cons
getting sold a dream. Unfulfilled promises. Dispatch ill mannered, disrespectful.
I work as hard as I can no matter what.
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, TXAugust 21, 2016
I arrive early, see whats going on that day. See if there's anything I can help with,talk to others while waiting to clock in. I thinkthat the hardest part of drivinga truck is you never know what others are going to do while they're driving. I love todrive and meet new people out on the road.
Pros
getting to see america it's all beautiful
horrible place to work
OTR Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Lathrop, CAAugust 20, 2016
Dispatch has no training or experience in trucking so they have no idea what the job really is. the company constantly tries to jip you on your pay. there is no chance to move up, they constantly lie to you. they do not honor any of their promises that they make to their drivers. they have no respect for their employees, they are constantly blaming their drivers for dispatches mistakes and they only pay zip code to zip code. after working and then resigning to work for a better company they promised that they wouldgive me a good recommendation for another job and refused when i found a job i wanted. My best advice; NEVER work for this deceiving company.
Pros
you will gain valuable experiance
Cons
you lose more money than you gain no matter what you do
Good diverse company
Telephone Operator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 18, 2016
busy place to work at which I love. Pay could be better since we are first point of contact for the drivers and civilians. Get along great with all co workers.
A Roller Coaster Ride
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Manteno, ILAugust 18, 2016
A typical work is very simple. First, check your truck before you get on the road to make sure it's safe to operate. Secondly, what I've learned at Swift was how to really be responsible. Management was fairly okay with me I never had any problems and they handle everything very professional. But, it depends on who your driver leader is because they might try to work you too hard and not tell you what's gonna happen in advance. I always see different drivers over the road and for the most part we looked out for each other. The hardest part of the job is when you have a breakdown with your truck, accident, and traffic if you're in a big city at a certain time of the day. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you get to enjoy traveling all over the United States from city to city meeting new people and also the scenery.
Pros
Traveling
Cons
Pay
reliable company
Commercial Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAAugust 18, 2016
ive had a great driver manager that keep me on the road driving. had no down time. truck and trailers were all in new and descent condition. the pay was also descent.
Pros
steady work
Cons
low pay
was a good experience for me to grow
Driver/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CAAugust 16, 2016
early morning get drivers assign to their trk make sure the del and pick up shippment on time. Communication was the most important skill everybody needs. Managers good to work with. my co-work were very helpful.the most enjoyable part of my job is at the end of the day we all got the job done and completed a successful day
Fun Job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALAugust 11, 2016
I love to work at swift because i got to see a lot of different places and I was my own boss. I knew my product had to be where it was was suppose to be on time. I was able to make the judgement call to assure the delivery of the merchandise.
Fast Paced and very productive
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTAugust 10, 2016
Absolutely loved my position here. Compensation was lacking but you are able to make that up with bonus options. Hard work pays off!
Love the job
OTR / Regional Driver (Former Employee) –  Troutdale, ORAugust 8, 2016
Great place and amazing co-workers. I enjoyed the training and very good at taking care of their employees. OTR driving is a stress on family, but they accommodate to your schedule very well.
only as a steppng stone
Driver (Current Employee) –  Valley, ALAugust 8, 2016
Do Not recommend it that company. their school doesn't teach you anything. you only get about 5 hours behind the wheel of training. pretty much you buy you license and send you on the road. your a joke to the industry
Pros
Cons
your a joke
ok place to work
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  great placeAugust 6, 2016
it was great working there. great benefits great hours, was close to home so it was fun. just got tired of shaving.
benefits
Cons
policy of being cleaned shaven
Fun job see new places everyday!
CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  North western statesAugust 5, 2016
Fun job you get to see new places everyday, I do miss my family a lot but the pay is good and they do try to get me home once a month to see my family. All in all good company.
great company
Driver/Owner Operator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85043August 5, 2016
no complaints, miles are there and paid on time each week. Great personnel to work for it I just time to come in off the road for a while.
Cons
otr is difficult
worst job
Driver (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTAugust 4, 2016
If you want to be lied to and make pennies. This is the job for you. Lost my house,my kids,my wife. All because I couldn't get home. And most the time I was just sitting in another state,not making money!
Pros
run
Cons
run now
cheap frightliners truck dont run 62mph and spycam on you all day long and no miles
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 4, 2016
you will get good miles one week a month 3 week you'll be lucky to get 1600 to 1800 miles a week. trucks don't run at 62mph the realy run 59 to 60 mph if you work out of Laredo tx you will never get management on the phone there always in a meeting. if your d.m. is out that day your on your on, even if he is there your still on your on, they do not have fright for the drivers they have and they are still bringing in new drivers. planers don't plan anything there's realy no planning it's just load throwing! all there trucks have a spy cam in the truck and it on all the time. they realy don't care about there drivers there trucks are cheap frightliners , there trailer are ok,
Pros
There trailer are ok
Cons
cheap frightliners, spycam, low low miles, safety is a joke, bad management slow trucks
Big company - expendable drivers
Commercial Truck Driver - Trainer (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVAugust 3, 2016
You will walk on egg shells working for swift - you will be promised alot of money earned by driving alot of miles that they also promise you but fail in because they have so many drivers and not near enough freight.

Benefits will cost you alot of money per month - to the point where you're paying over 1000 a month for you and a child.

Communication with upper management to your boss and then to you leaves alot to be worked upon.

Company wont allow power inverters to be installed into their tractors, so you are very limits to meals in the tractor - not much to eat hot unless you spend money eating out alot while on the road.

I left because I was not making money - I lost money.
Pros
NONE
Cons
HEALTHCARE, WAITING ON FREIGHT
Could be better
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 3, 2016
Need to more money away from family and friends for to long not enough time at home not getting paid for all my miles when driving keep about 100 to 150 miles each week
Cons
Miles
Worst Company out there
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 1, 2016
If you have no other option but swift I feel bad for you. I was one of the unlucky ones where I was stuck with going with swift because of my criminal record. Let me tell you now,,, whatever you do... (((Do not))) lease a truck with this swift transportation!!!!!
Pros
They will tell you everything you want to hear
Cons
They dont give a dam about you, PERIOD

2.7