Swift Transportation

Swift Transportation Employee Reviews

productive and fun work place
Commercial Truck Driver (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 30, 2015
I loved this job for many reasons it was a fun experience for me, I love driving and I love going to different places. I learned a lot of time management skills here and learned how to use it wisely and productively. I always made sure the freight would arrive on time and safely.
lease purchase not enough miles
Lease Operator (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 28, 2015
Pros: good tractors trailers both sides of the coin
Cons: not enough miles. always trying to sent me to east coast
Kids who never drove a truck telling me how to do my job. Same as most other companies hard to get home hard to get time off at home. They blame me for mistakes management made. To much time to deliver loads. Trucks roll to slow.
A very fast paced enviroment
Onsite Leader (Current Employee), College Park , GAJune 28, 2015
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: lack of indepth training programs for office employess
I learned a great deal at Swift and will always think of it in high
regard with the people that I meet while I was there.
The management is very driven and seek to meet all there goals
while trying to meet the demands of the industry .
My coworkers are for the most part up to the challenge but some are not as willing to go that extra mile when you are up against deadlines.
The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new techniques to improve work functions .
It's a good place to start.
Driver and Trainer (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 27, 2015
Pros: Driving
Cons: low pay
It's a good place to start at the other drivers for the most part were really friendly and nice, the pay's not that good but driving was fun. there was alot of cool places I got to see.
open area to safely work on cng engines
diesel technician (Current Employee), Mira Loma, CAJune 27, 2015
all five start projected training thru swift university outstanding challenging due to different engines cummins,freightliner and volvo engines as well as cng engines needs more open space to properly and safely work on natural engines atmosphere in addition
my 8 years at Swift have been a great learning experience. I've been able work my way from the ground up. I've had some great people come through my working experience and teach me or have given me the opportunity to expand my skills and give me a chance to show my skills.
Short runs take a toll
Driver OTR 48 states (Former Employee), Sparks, NVJune 25, 2015
Pros: Gets you experience.
Cons: A hard life, join an easier company, they are out there.
I was with a previous company for 7 months. I didn't know how good it was until I joined swift. It's a hard life when you do 300-800 mile runs constantly, because you're constantly swapping trailers and therefore waiting on shippers and on deliveries. With my previous company, I would most often go on 1500 mile runs up to 2500 miles - it was truly an OTR 48 states job. Not so with swift! All I got was California and the surrounding area - maybe 6 states total, not even 11. -_- I made more at .31cpm with the previous company than I did with swift at .35cpm. Really, I think I was making minimum wage many days.
It is like self employment with a paycheck
Truck DriverOTR (Former Employee), I drove all 48 plus Canada.June 24, 2015
I worked for them , they paid me in a timely manner according to our agreement. They lived up to their contractual obligations.
new learning experience all the time
Warranty Claims Coordinator (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 24, 2015
Pros: new skills, schedules
Cons: management, pay
Swift Transport is providing a very new and unique job experience
OTR Tractor Trailer Driver (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 21, 2015
Pros: Immediately hired after training, when relocated after 30 years in south Texas
Cons: Low compensation rated and benefits lacking in diversity
For me, coming from a 30 year career in a very structured and precise environment with very a detailed job scope, into the trucking industry has been a fairly easy transition. However gaining the confidence in the new skill set and feeling that i am as successful at it as I was in the environmental sciences has been a challenge. I learn something new everyday, for example i should not get into a spot that I cannot easily back out of or pull out of, and that is okay to ask fellow drivers for help backing into a tight spot. I enjoy the long haul drives, the scenery and meeting new people all over the country. The hardest part is the bad equipment which often is in need of repairs and the wait time on that can be very long and cost me loss of "on duty driving hours", which mean I am losing money. Rules and regulations are strictly enforced by the Department of Transportation, which is a good thing over all. Each trucking company has many policies and restrictions in place as well and learning all those details can be daunting.
Excellent Employer
Company Driver (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 18, 2015
Benefits are great and inexpensive. The only real downside is that my work week is extremely unpredictable, which makes it hard to plan for a social life.
Great for a large company
OTR TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 18, 2015
I gotta say, for as big as Swift is, I'm impressed with how well I was treated there. The pay is low, but they do try to work with you, and if there is an emergency at home, they work hard to get you there. Great place for a new driver to start their career.
Compliance Officer (Former Employee), Desoto, TXJune 12, 2015
Pros: Working with good people, casual culture
Cons: Low paying
Reviewed, verified and processed student driver applications. Scheduled transportation, medical physicals, and new work assignments.
Bad management
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYJune 11, 2015
i drove for swift for about 3 years and was treated like a number, not a person.its a great place for driving experence but that's about it. the communication throughout the company leaves something to be desired
Excelent Company
Swift Transportation (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJune 11, 2015
Pros: fighting the weather
Cons: sometimes you dont win
Waking up in new city every day after driving ten hour night them driving to a new city some time from rain to show driving teams you learn to put your life in his hands hardest part is do your ten hours enjoyable doing your ten hours and getting there on time.
Good Job for inexperienced Drivers
Driver (Former Employee), Jonestown, PAJune 8, 2015
Pros: Lots of miles, several accounts
Cons: Low pay, No holiday pay or days off, Little home time
This is a large company with a lot of accounts all over the US. Expect to get lots of miles and limited home time. I started here with their mentor program which is only as good as the mentor. I was fortunate and had a good mentor but its a 50-50 chance your mentor will be good. The account I was on was a regional dedicated account with 100% driver unload.
nice place to work
COMMERCIAL Driver, OTR driver (Former Employee), Riverside, CAJune 7, 2015
good place to work , my team i worked with where easy t get along with and was very professional and was going we all enjoyed working together and got a lot go are work done because we are such a great team.
A great job and full of adventure
OTR Semi Truck Commercial Driver (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJune 4, 2015
This is not a job for everyone. You need to be quick on your feet, and be able to resolve issues. No matter what anyone one tells you, this is a job that you can't be picky on which loads you want. decline too many loads and you'll find yourself sitting in a truck stop for a very long time while your load is given to someone else.
Mediocre pay and low amount of home time.
Driver (Interstate) (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 4, 2015
Organization is well established however the planners could be better at load assignments based on drivers down time etc.. Planners not to take into consideration local loads for OTR drivers thus restricting their earning potential.
Lots of experience learned
Driver (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 2, 2015
Head cook, bartender, Supervisor
 Food Prep and Cooking
 Pour beer, mixed drinks
 Make schedule, liquor and beer orders and food order, inventory
head aches and pain
truck driver (Current Employee), Tracy, CAJune 2, 2015
All i have to say is please don't do it your about to get robbed every check. I been with them for a year now and there have been times i call to see why i didn't get paid for the week they don't have a reason nor try to find out if you want to work for free this is definitely the company for you

1 2 3 4 5

About Swift Transportation

Swift Corporation is a truckload carrier that operates a fleet of truckload carrier equipment.

Swift Transportation Salaries

$2,000 per month
Truck Driver
$600 per week

Swift Transportation Photos

Making a stop before we deliver.  2 hours early.
First stop at new home.  Dad taking my photo in my 1st truck. 2008
regreso a casa de cordoba capital