Swift Transportation

Swift Transportation Employee Reviews

Great Work experience
Customer Service IV (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 24, 2015
Great work experience love the type of work.. learned several ways to manager an account thru AS400 software co workers are self sufficient. the hardest part of my job is working the long hours when unneeded most work can be finished in 8 hours but in stead 10 hours of work is done per week plus an extra 5 every 6 weeks
very fast paced and a good job to have
truck driving (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJuly 23, 2015
when placed into driver training some mentors seemed to want to train by their standards and not follow the swift guidelines
Up to date equipment
Truck Driver CDL A (Current Employee), Phoenix, Az.July 23, 2015
Kept drivers happy and had a great support staff. Made sure that the drivers were happy and that they were home when they requested it.
very good for start ,but compensation were not so good not practical miles
Truck driver CDL (Former Employee), North Syracuse,NYJuly 22, 2015
Costco dedicated driver ,very good account,management was no so good ,co-workers were very glad to inform management if i did something wrong
Great starter company
Truck driver (Former Employee), Edwardsville, KSJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Good money, New equipement
Cons: You got to stay out 14 daus to get 2 days off
If you're fresh out of truck driving school. Swift if the place for you. Forget what you have heard about the company all the negatives are NOT true.
bissy fast passe safe enviroment
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Denver COJuly 18, 2015
Pros: weekly advances
Cons: not relaying enough information
Dayly pre- tip and post trip inspection .Accommodate all necessary prior to start such as pre -plan trip rout brakes and all safety precautions following DOT regulations. My experience at Swift was my first at the trucking industry and got to say one of the best ,learn to manage and understand many things. The hardest part of the job was the wates for the next load assiment that sometimes were long. but the reason is i love driving the machines and dont like to be sitting for long periods of time
Very stressful.
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Out on the open road
Cons: Homesick
It was not what I expected. The pay was low and I was away from home too much, and for me the work was too dangerous. Others may like this line of work, but I found that it was just not for me.
very fun place
pm tech (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 15, 2015
Pros: good work place
Cons: low wages
i go in at five do my lot check on the trailers and then i go to set up my area for all coming through trucks and i wait till one comes in to service good co workes but boss was ok and the heat was the hardest part
rookie drivers
Spotter Driver (Former Employee), Morris, ILJuly 14, 2015
Pros: good money
Cons: never home
good place to start
accepting of rookie drivers
made some good money
but over the road is hard on your family life
we were never home
Learned a lot about managment
TERMINAL MANAGER (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 14, 2015
Winn-Dixie gave me my first chance at management. Miss this kind of work. Wish DC in Sarasota never closed down, I would still be there today.
Mostly a positive experiance
OTR/CDL-A Driver (Former Employee), Denver,COJuly 13, 2015
Pros: travel, working on my own schedule, reasonable pay
Cons: expensive benefits, dishonest dispatchers
Although I generally enjoyed my time at Swift, picking up and delivering 53ft trailers anywhere in the country, they had the bad habit of shaving miles off my pay and constantly lying about delivery times. While I do understand the" corporate needs" this does cause undo stress on the individual driver. Other than that, I found the people and the work enjoyable and I look forward to working in the trucking industry again.
Stressful work environment with insufficient training policies
Extended Coverage Team: Planner / Dispatch (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Great pay and benefits
Cons: They do not care about you, and will prove it to you.
If you'd like to spend everyday not know for sure if you're going to have a job tomorrow because the training is that sub-par. This is the place for you.
Delivered products to assigned place
Driver (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 8, 2015
Did not pay as well I thought it would. As they advertised, the money was not being made to support a family of 4. Missed a couple of holidays and birthdays due to miss scheduling.
No Life
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 7, 2015
Pros: Job security
Cons: Poor(no) communication from management, and dishonorable business practices.
Recruiter guaranteed local position once finished with training. Upon reaching completion of training found out management weren't going to honor what was agreed, and intended on my position being over the road.
fun company
driver (Former Employee), arzonaJuly 7, 2015
had a good time,the company had me on the road a lot and I never got home in time, my team driver , and I got along okay, but we all ways talk about getting home
productive and fun work place
Commercial Truck Driver (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 30, 2015
I loved this job for many reasons it was a fun experience for me, I love driving and I love going to different places. I learned a lot of time management skills here and learned how to use it wisely and productively. I always made sure the freight would arrive on time and safely.
lease purchase not enough miles
Lease Operator (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 28, 2015
Pros: good tractors trailers both sides of the coin
Cons: not enough miles. always trying to sent me to east coast
Kids who never drove a truck telling me how to do my job. Same as most other companies hard to get home hard to get time off at home. They blame me for mistakes management made. To much time to deliver loads. Trucks roll to slow.
A very fast paced enviroment
Onsite Leader (Current Employee), College Park , GAJune 28, 2015
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: lack of indepth training programs for office employess
I learned a great deal at Swift and will always think of it in high
regard with the people that I meet while I was there.
The management is very driven and seek to meet all there goals
while trying to meet the demands of the industry .
My coworkers are for the most part up to the challenge but some are not as willing to go that extra mile when you are up against deadlines.
The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new techniques to improve work functions .
It's a good place to start.
Driver and Trainer (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 27, 2015
Pros: Driving
Cons: low pay
It's a good place to start at the other drivers for the most part were really friendly and nice, the pay's not that good but driving was fun. there was alot of cool places I got to see.
open area to safely work on cng engines
diesel technician (Current Employee), Mira Loma, CAJune 27, 2015
all five start projected training thru swift university outstanding challenging due to different engines cummins,freightliner and volvo engines as well as cng engines needs more open space to properly and safely work on natural engines atmosphere in addition
my 8 years at Swift have been a great learning experience. I've been able work my way from the ground up. I've had some great people come through my working experience and teach me or have given me the opportunity to expand my skills and give me a chance to show my skills.

1 2 3 4 5

About Swift Transportation

Swift Corporation is a truckload carrier that operates a fleet of truckload carrier equipment.

Swift Transportation Salaries

$2,000 per month
Truck Driver
$600 per week

Swift Transportation Photos

Making a stop before we deliver.  2 hours early.
First stop at new home.  Dad taking my photo in my 1st truck. 2008
regreso a casa de cordoba capital