Swift Transportation Employee Reviews

Found 1,513 reviews matching the search
It's okay to start with if you're new
Commercial Driver/Fuel Island (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, TXJuly 22, 2017
The trucks are decent for the most part and they already have some of them with automatic transmissions, The automatic transmissions make it real easy to get around when you're in really bad traffic. The GPS system that they have is pretty good and rarely needs to be corrected.
Pros
GPS Navigation system and semi tractors with automatic transmission
Cons
trying to get dispatch to answer you on the qualcomm, they have yet to answer me and wind up having to call them, you don't get paid time off as a driver here even if you are a company driver
I liked Swift but...
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TX 78045July 22, 2017
Swift was pretty good when it comes to bringing your spouse. I did when I worked there. I did get along with my supervisor and benefits were good. Can be very exhausting and boring at times...especially when driving a lot but you get breaks. However, what I didn't like that sometimes they would give you short distance load which makes you little money. There were times when you have to wait for awhile or longer to get another load. Which can be frustrating because you only get paid when your truck is moving. Other than that, Swift is an okay company to work for.
Pros
Benefits, nice trucks, truck stops, bringing spouse
Cons
less home time
Safety Auditing
Safety Auditor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 21, 2017
I enjoy working on the computer and I am good at detail work. I like the group of people I work with. I enjoy what I do. If I was not relocating I would not be leaving this company. But they don't have a office in Indiana.
Pros
They have quarterly meetings to let the workers know how the company is doing, and have food catered in.
Cons
Days we don't have much to do. I like being busy.
great work place
Driver (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAJuly 21, 2017
It was great to work no forced dispatch
I would recommend to anyone looking for a job
The pay was great and you can earn a lot more
If your willing to put in the work you get paid very well
Great enviroment at work. Good attitude towards drivers.
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Corrine, UTJuly 21, 2017
I was on the walmart account in Swift Transportation company. The office people were amazing. The driver managers were good to drivers. But the OTR experience for Swift was the worst experience I had. Driver manager for OTR never really help drivers and they always pass things on to other departments when you ask them for help. For example, when you ask your driver manager for help on the Bills of Lading. They alway say that i need to check with the customer if it was wrong. Then I would tell them I double check and they will put me on hold. Then another person from a different department would answer and they would do the same thing over again. I just hate the way Swift OTR office workers act. But in the dedicated Walmart account in Corrine, UT. They are amzaing people.
Pros
Dedicated accounts are amazing.
Cons
OTR is very bad for Swift.
Excellent for beginners
Truck Driver NY dedicated (Former Employee) –  Syracuse NYJuly 20, 2017
I believe it is an excellent place for people new to the transportation industry. Office staff is very driver oriented and they are constantly working to improve. The negative is that the pay isn't great.
Pros
good training
Cons
pay scale
Otr
Professional Driver / Mentor (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXJuly 20, 2017
Oh My God, where to start, I did get all the hours but the management team is horrible. Never have I seen a company that is this big with a management team that cannot pull their heads out of their rear ends.
Pros
miles
Cons
management team
Good starting point for new drivers
DRIVER AND TRAINER (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 20, 2017
overall good starting point for new drivers, requires hard work and good work ethic dont get caught up in lazy crowd. Trucks are governed slow and pick a mentor who cares
Pros
travel everywhere
Cons
alot of hours
Good Starting company
Over the Road Driver (OTR Driver) (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 19, 2017
Driver managers discriminate against company drivers by giving the worst loads ie, worse routes, time consuming customers etc. while giving owner opps great miles and almost exclusively drop and hooks. To add requesting days off 2 weeks in advance doesn't make a difference they will route you wherever whenever without regard for home time. Most terminals are nasty dirty and VERY cheaply made.
Pros
CDL training and good benefits
Cons
Poorly managed
my job at swift
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Henrico County, VAJuly 19, 2017
Navigated through a variety of terrains and weather conditions to safely deliver
product. Maintained log books according to DOT regulations. Inspected truck
and operated according to rigid. the hardest part of my job for is sitting in traffic. You can be in one spot for hours . I truly like everyone about the job. I was going to a different city and state every day.I got to see a lot of new states and meet a lot of new people.
not a good secured place to work
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 19, 2017
not a good place to work. some days make money and other days might work 12plus hours and not make a penny. they do not care about there employees. will tell you to use non safe equpment and say its on you not them. if you don't do those things they will not pay you. overall a bad place to work. they want too see people live up there too make a pay check. nothing like what they say it will be like.
Swift.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Wilton, NYJuly 18, 2017
great company, just wanted back in the yard
things have just come up in my life, and i just really enjoyed working in the yard,
i just really dont wanna be out on the road anymore
Not a good comany to work for
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 18, 2017
Was not pleased with the company as a whole. Not a good place to work. Did not treat you as a person only as a number. Work assignments were terrible. No money to be made
Pros
Cons
Many
Lot of negativity with employees
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  UtahJuly 17, 2017
As a driver I was happy to work with swift, they were usually considerate of my needs and provided many terminals to park and relax in between loads, with the shortage of parking in major cities it's nice to have a ho e terminal to get a hot shower
Cool place to work if you don't have a family and kids back home and if you are just starting in the trucking industry
Commercial Driver (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 17, 2017
I feel like this company can have many improvements just as any other company but overall it's pretty decent it mostly depends on who is your DM or if you can get a dedicated route that is good like TJ Max or Wal Mart
Pros
Good starter company do your 1 year and bounce
Cons
Hometime, company pay, and DMs
job
Driver (Current Employee) –  Jurupa, CAJuly 17, 2017
Swift Transportation is a good company to start with. Like any other company there is always politics and management to deal with. If you are looking to get a start and your needed experience for trucking its a good company.
not a family nor friendly company to work for
Driver Development Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJuly 16, 2017
work environment is very hostile towards all employees, pay is not enough for what has to be dealt with hours are not compensated for, passing people that are not qualified to even drive. Drug and alcohol testing is a joke. I do not feel that this company cares about a person period.
Not a good company to work for
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, TXJuly 15, 2017
The training at swift has the length of good training but the trainers are not patient enough for starters. The management is cruel and unprofessional. I don't advise anyone to start or switch over to this company.
wow
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 14, 2017
There is really not that much to say about Swift Transportation but its a good trucking company . The pay starts off slow ; but once you've been there for so long ; the pay gets better
Enjoyed the traveling and met different people regularly
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 14, 2017
There were too many stress raising regulations, I found unnecessary on top of the Department Of Transportation's regulations. Not enough runs, most enjoyable to me was completing a one thousand or more mile run and getting another good run, (700 miles or more) right behind it. Learned to enhance my patience level.
Pros
n/a
Cons
Rather not say

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Swift Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7