Swift Transportation Employee Reviews

Found 1,178 reviews matching the search
verry buissy plase to work for they keep youre weels turning
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 9, 2016
Verry friendly staff willing to go the extra mile to ensure on time safe delivery .The most dificult part was day time traficc in the cities but verry much fun to drive for them.
Okay place to start out at
Diesel Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Rochelle, ILDecember 8, 2016
Its an okay place to start out at. I wouldn't stay there for to long. There is no engine or trans rebuilds. They Hire an outside Company to do that instead of having us trained.
Pros
Good place to start out at
Cons
poor pay
Recruit Lead
Recruiting Lead (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 6, 2016
Recruit Leads are responsible for the drivers that their group hire. I still hire drivers, but I am over a team that covers different regions. Each driver that is contacted, I have to make sure their paper work is in order, their legal status are cleared, their back ground checks are correct, and that their training is taken care of.

I've been with company for 10 years, I've seen the many changes, witness many variables that effect the companies; law suits, closing offices, holiday seasons, etc... but I've manage to stay ahead of the curve

Again being with the company for 10 years, I've had no choice to grow very close with my coworkers and their families over the years

hardest part of my job is the slow seasons, there's only so much we can do after we have exhausted all resources to meet our quota

most enjoyable part of my job is the flexibility
Pros
great work culture
Cons
pay structure has declined over the years.
Entry level
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 5, 2016
Great for a starter driver like i was, the mentor ship program lacks a lot, but use the time to ask questions and practice as much as you can. Best advice is try and drive for someone withing the company, because as a company driver you wont make a lot of money.
Pros
Great for non skilled driver.
Cons
Low entry level pay, mentor ship lacks substance.
Great start up company
Professional Over the Road Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 3, 2016
if you're a new driver this place can be for you. I just finished my year and am looking for work elsewhere. I learned everything necessary to move forward with this type of career. if you love working alone and challenge yourself daily this is for you.
training company
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVDecember 2, 2016
not a bad company to start your cdl career off at.pa is not bad at all for a beginner driver.they keep moving pretty good,you can make decent money by keeping the wheel turning
Pros
Cons
not home much
Delivering from Walmart DC to Walmart stores
Local Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Robert, LADecember 2, 2016
No set schedule Hard to have family life. Work dominates life. friendly co workers. Mostly work nights. Avg day 12 to 14 hrs.
Great place for beginners with NO FAMILY
Company OTR Driver (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 1, 2016
I love working for Swift. They are great with getting you loads. They are also great with getting you home time when you REQUEST it. Management is okay.
Hard life.
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTNovember 28, 2016
its a hard life, protect yourself if you going to work for swift, they wont throw you down... But if you fall under the bus they will run you over.
Pros
they take just about anyone
Cons
not enough miles
Not good
Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 25, 2016
Low wages Long hours no respect towards drivers. Need to put drivers first and increase freight and payment. I am not happy at all with their company ethics and priorities.
Fun Workplace
Driver Leader Level II (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 23, 2016
Very comfortable, able to workout and play basketball on break. Very fun environment and people that want you to advance in the company.
Pros
Gym, advancement
Cons
Very large company
The supervisor of Jurupa Valley trailer shop tried the employes bad
Trailer Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CANovember 22, 2016
The coworkers are really helpful , the only bad thing is that the supervisor talk bad to the employ and do not help the worker to success . The supervisor of trailer shop go in the work time to buy food and takes a lot time .
Pros
bad tread
Cons
bad vaccination times
Just another number
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 21, 2016
They didn't treat there employees with respect. They made you feel like you were just another number. The pay wasn't good and you had to be away for four to six weeks at a time with two days off before going back on the road.
Eh, it's a trucking company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Phenix, ARNovember 21, 2016
What can you say. They have good dispatcher and bad ones. Some drivers like to complain a lot. But I felt they treated me fair.
Great place to start your trucking career
CDL Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 20, 2016
They are not committed to retaining drivers. There is a revolving door on hiring. Starting out be prepared for not running a lot of miles. Pay is average compared to industry. The only problem is as they say " if you aren't turning you are not earning". They don't keep you running.
Large breakroom with vending machines
Yard Worker/Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 20, 2016
Pick up load papers and trailers and head out to destinations. Allways map out time on the road and arival times. Road conditons were allways changing.. being on the road making drop offs at stores.
Pros
Working alone and making dropp offs.
Cons
Having bad directions from office.
Fun place to work- and very fast paced love it
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCNovember 18, 2016
Swift was very fast paced and I enjoy that- makes time go by faster.
I would recruit driver in office or travel to truck driving schools
and have presentations- loved that part of my job- meeting new drivers is always great.

My manager was awesome- while working there my sister passed away and he was great during my tough times through loosing her.
loved my co-workers had 2 that helped me when I first started- they knew team work..

the hardest part of my job was getting paid every 2 weeks- It's just me paying the bills so had to make it stretch.

The most enjoyable part was hiring drivers and knowing they had gainful employment.
Pros
Have to say here at Swift traveling was my favorite part
Cons
Getting paid every 2 weeks was hard for me
Nice job
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Jurupa, CANovember 18, 2016
Worked on a dollar tree account. Work was very intence. Truck was unloaded by swift drivers with no pallets no forklifts. Trailer was fully loaded and unloaded by hand
Pros
Otr
Cons
Intence labor
Great employer to work for.
Dedicated Driver (Current Employee) –  Greer, SCNovember 18, 2016
Great company to work for but not many local job opportunities. Swift Transportation is a good reliable employer. Swift have many accounts with customers and companies.
Pros
Very good benefits and dependable employer.
Cons
Most accounts are over the road.
Best Training
Flatbed Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 17, 2016
I lived in the dorms at Swift in Phoenix, Arizona for 3 weeks & achieved my class A license. Shortly after school was completed I went out on the road with a driver trainer for 6 weeks to complete my over the road training. Issued a Freightliner condo and lived out on the road for a couple of years working for Swift as a flatbed driver.
Pros
Training
Cons
Lonely @ Times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Swift Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7