Swift Transportation Employee Reviews

Overall good company
Recruiter/ Driver Manager (Former Employee) –  Corsicana, TXOctober 15, 2017
In business for a long time, training company. Great people to work with. Managers were great and easy to work with. Training with the company was great.
Be very careful every decision matters.
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 15, 2017
Take on new drivers easily Rush through orientation but with lots of waiting, doing nothing. They set you up with a mentor that may not may not suitable.
They rush through 6 weeks and push you into a truck that is oftentimes not up to par. They pressure to go beyond your comfort safety. Then about the time you should be trained you may have detriments to your lisence and boot you off with a bad reputation.
Pros
They accept anyone
Cons
Not enough or sufficient training
Unsanitary working conditions
ECT Member (Dispatcher) (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAOctober 14, 2017
The job itself was good. I worked as part of the extended coverage team that operated the AS400 dispatch program and filled in for driver managers that called in sick. The office area was cramped and everyone who came in sick passed it around to everyone. My biggest memory of that place was a case of bronchitus that too 2 months to kick.
Pros
Few
Cons
Fast paced work, diseased ridden place.
low pay, dispatchers play favorites
OTR Class A driver (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 13, 2017
Dispatchers and driver managers play favorites on load offerings, they excpect you to be awake and available for dispatch 24/7 even if they are aware you havent slept in a couple days. great starter company but get your experience and run
Pros
builds class a experience
Cons
low pay, favoritism, poor hometime, dispatch punishes for setting home time
i pleaded 5th amendment
Texas over road driver (Current Employee) –  Laredo, TX 78045October 13, 2017
people do not tell the truth so u get what u ask for bad management low wages to many boss most of they time office personal treat us like we are not welcome trash
It's a start
Over the road truck driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85043October 13, 2017
They have a truck driving school and it is a good place to start out. You have to remember that you get out of it what you put in, and don't be afraid to say no to your driver manager.
Pros
see the open road
Cons
every other driver picks on SWIFT
Over the Road Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 12, 2017
Pick up, deliver 53' trailers nationwide. sometimes wait while trailer was loaded and unloaded. Keep an accurate log book of hours worked, To keep in compliance of transportation laws.
average company
Truck Driver (OTR) (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, TXOctober 10, 2017
Average company to work for. the only problem with swift was the process for getting loads and too many messages on qualcom while trying to drive was a distraction. The qualcom constantly going off. I was not there to long because the truck they gave me had been wrecked and the drivers door would not properly close and in the winter it was too cold trying to drive and freeze. They also treated you like a number and not a driver.
Pros
no comment
Cons
no comment
Decent place to work
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTOctober 9, 2017
Swift transportation was a great job. I would get with the dispatcher and he would assign me loads. Once load was picked up I would make it my mission to get there on time if not early.
Driving dry Loaded
Driver (Former Employee) –  Inver Grove Heights, MNOctober 9, 2017
Iam working hard and safe driving all day to get more experience
I learned more experience this company leaned different places
Good managed an good peaple.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 9, 2017
Really enjoyed working for the company. The mentor was great and the help from driver managers were also great. I would love to go back and work for the company at any time.
poor company
Driver (Current Employee) –  Lathrop, CAOctober 7, 2017
Company does not utilize your service hours very well no communication they worry more about the loads then the drivers safety I would not reccomend this company to my friends
manager is not fit to lead
Mentor and assist any shop personnel (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAOctober 7, 2017
the manager is a previous trailer mechanic that still carries on with everyone in such a disrespectful manner but refuses to let anyone talk to him the same way. if you do hes very vindictive and will essentially start the process to move you out or find way to fire you. honestly the job is amazing, but the work environment is awful and causes people to hate their jobs
Stressful
Driver Manager (Former Employee) –  Menasha, WIOctober 7, 2017
Office environment was very stressful and everyone was after each other to blame someone for one thing or another. Not a team oriented place. The terminal manager would come up with improvement idea's but then would never implement them.
Great starter company
Professional Driver (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 6, 2017
Get your experience and try to get on one of the accounts. After a certain amount of time being over the road your miles tend to drop a little. That might also have to do with the driver leader as well since you might go through a couple through out your employment. Best thing to do is get the experience and try to find something better.
Pros
Good amount of terminals across country
Cons
Hard to hold on to any local accounts
Otr
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 6, 2017
Great for OTR experience. Lots of help available to you at all hours of the day and night. Plenty of customers to help keep your truck moving. Good job.
100% pick up & delivery, no accidents , no traffic violations
Trucker (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 5, 2017
Less hometime, no sign in bonus , no team bonus, less miles , less benefits, poor management, no respect to the driver , over all for me not worked it well with the swift
Pros
Not sure
Cons
Not sure
A place to learn a lot
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 4, 2017
I learned a lot inside the classes, my mentor taught me a lot of things and I was driving and acting as a professional driver in ten days or less. Trucks are new and in a good condition.
Pros
Good professional managers, excellent mentors.
Cons
Loads going fast, no times to rest.
productive and on-going
Otr Driver (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 4, 2017
they have lots of freight but the driver managers could communicate with drivers more. Also the time consuming portion is the loading and unloading of the loads.
Pros
traveling to major cities
Cons
not enough home time
fun work place
OTR Driver (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 3, 2017
There is a lot of time to yourself without someone over your shoulder but not a lot of time at home. i miss being home! I like seeing the country tho!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Swift Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7