Swift Transportation Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,018 reviews matching the search
goal is to be best in class
Terminal Manger (Former Employee) –  Monroe, GAApril 11, 2016
steady work, strives to best in class great equipment for drivers,still growing , driver friendly motivating annual meeting for upcoming year
Pros
the nations largest
Cons
lose sight of what is going on in the trenches
Great Company
Professional Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, TXApril 10, 2016
One of if not the best company I've ever worked for not complaints from me.I got to travel and see the nation with this company. They have Terminals in most states if not two or more.
Pros
You get to see the world with multiple account with various compaines all over the USA.
Cons
the DOT 70hr Reset but its the law.
Low miles and low pay
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, TXApril 9, 2016
I've been with the company for a short time but for the most part it's has been a very hard living. The miles are low and the pay is even lower. There have been several times where I haven't even got paid and couldn't pay my bills. I'm a solo driver. Most of the driver managers are helpful when you can get ahold of them. It may just be me but a company this size should be able to keep its drivers running and getting paid.
Pros
You get to see the country and not have to pay for the fuel
Cons
Low miles for solo, and low pay.
Drivers
ECT Planner (Former Employee) –  Jurupa, CAApril 7, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting the drivers complete their assignments. I had a good working relationship with the drivers and my coworkers. I prided myself on consistent communication with fleet leaders. I learned a great deal about transportation working there.
ok
Customer Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 5, 2016
It's ok if you like working nights, weekends and holidays. And if you like working 12 hour shifts. I miss holiday's with my family.
Pros
Its a pay check
Cons
nights, weekends and holidays
Great place to work for
CDL A Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  North Syracuse, NYApril 1, 2016
Company is flexible with your personal needs. Good home time. Management team is pretty good at what they do. Good pay as well.
Local Driver (Former Employee) –  Jurupa, CAMarch 23, 2016
Good place to work long hours different accounts and offer OTR and Local Positions. Swift license and no experience required
Production
ECT/Dispatcher/DM (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAMarch 22, 2016
This is a typical cold job but it was a good experience, I had some great co-workers. The hardest part was really the standing for the most part
miles, company, management, and employees horrible
Driver Tractor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 21, 2016
they do not care about your home time request.
they do not care about the type of people they hire.
management only knows you as a truck number.
no money to be made.
Pros
nothing at all
Cons
the insurance, the cpm, the company altogether
Clean enviroment
Dedicated Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 21, 2016
Driving state to state ,I learned to be patience with the customers.Helping others drivers when they are in need.Waiting on the loads at the dock
Pros
raises
benefits
Amazon Planning
Amazon Planning (Current Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAMarch 19, 2016
This company is an excellent place to gain experience for the trucking industry. The pay package is below average, and there isn't much room for growth or advancement.
Co-workers are excellent, with a good sense of teamwork and camaraderie.
Good company
CLASS A Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 18, 2016
This is a company that is good to get started in the trucking world. the managers are really good to talk too. the trucks have new dash cams. that's not good.
Pros
training
Cons
pay not great
These was my school and I am grateful for that.
Truck Driver CDL (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 17, 2016
Swift is the trucking company that welcomes new driver and give them the first experience in dealing with the road, the trucking business is a very hard and demanding one and if you don't learn the right way is very possible you will have an accident or hurt some one on the road, you meet people from all over the U.S and some times they become family and friend on the road, the hardest part in these job is to find out that a driver that is part of the road family never get back to he's or her's own family and the most enjoyable part of these job is that they do have pin pong tables.
Pros
The chance to learn the necessary things to survive the road.
Cons
I can't find any.
Awesome
Freight Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 16, 2016
A typical work day consist of getting in truck receiving load instructions and being on you way. Friendly owner, staff, and employees. A good company to be a part of
i dont ever want to work here again
OWNER OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 12, 2016
i wouldn't work here again personal information giving to another driver and no freight to big of company with a lot of drivers but no freight for every driver and they don't treat you with respect
Pros
n/a
Cons
no freight
Over the road driver
Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg PAMarch 9, 2016
Hauled trailers, verifying weights on scales. Operated in the south and south west. Over the road from Harrisburg PA to over the road locations. 100% on time delivery. Productive company, good people and trainers.
Reliable work, company system wastes all your time.
OTR Team Driver (Former Employee) –  Jurupa Valley, CAMarch 8, 2016
Get a bad nights sleep, wake up at a truck stop or rest area, take 10 minutes to brush your teeth and take over a 12 hour shift for your co-driver. Our direct driver manager was great, upper management...not good. For the driver. probably good for company bottom line! Hardest part of the job was constant sleep deprivation and just life on the road in general. Most enjoyable part was you get to see the country, and no lack of work
Pros
Any breakdown problems are quickly fixed
Cons
Sketchy pay system, company inefficencies slow everything down
Not the greatest work enviorment
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAMarch 8, 2016
Everything seemed to be ok the first few weeks when
I got on my own truck. I was over the road for 3 months before I decided to ask for home time, they kept pushing me further east when I live in the west coast. I was only able to be home for 2 days before they threatened to take my truck away for being home for to long. Asked to be home for thanksgiving, was not able to make it to my home state until Dec 28. After being away from home for so long, I decided to become a local driver, was denied on the spot, went back to talk to a manager, i was told there was nothing they could do for me, my position was over the road and that was that. Will never work for this place again, did not feel like an appreciated employee.
Pros
Reliable Trucks
Cons
Personal is very rude, and non helpful
Great learning experince
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 8, 2016
The company is a great place to get your toes wet in the industry. You will definitely learn something in your time here. The mentors are not teachers but they will definitely help you learn.
Pros
Great place to learn and grow
Cons
You'll pretty much have to froget of your life and family here.
Great place to start your career as a truck driver.
Truck Driver Class A CDL (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 7, 2016
Swift hired me right out of truck driving school and my experience with them was nothing but pleasant. I learned a lot about this industry and was able to advance quickly as a mentee, mentor and then an owner operator. I had a great experience as an OTR driver and I learned a lot about how to run my own business. The hardest part of my experience was being away from my family for extended periods of time but otherwise it was rewarding for me because of how much I learned which is why I am the confident and professional driver I am today.
Pros
Plenty of advancement and learning opportunities
Cons
Long periods of being away from home.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Swift Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.