Swift Transportation Employee Reviews

Swift will give you a start
Driver (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCDecember 15, 2017
Good to start with you cam make money. Some good staff and some some staff available to your needs. Will train you and house you and only have to pay it back once you are off mentor truck
Pros
Lots of work
Cons
Otr mostly
Poorly paid
Diesel Technician (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXDecember 15, 2017
Poorly paid and a lot of back stabbing by coworkers. Would not recommend it's just for starters. Management won't do anything if there are issues with other workers.
Working for Swift
Truck Driver Class A CDL (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 14, 2017
Immediate Management was great but the hrs were long and it was stressful a lot of the time. Very little time off. Drive for 30 off for 4. The enjoyable part of the job was getting to see the country.
Pros
milage bonus every 90 days
Cons
waiting at vendors with no compensation
They want you to sleep 10 hours and run 11 hours
Truck Driver Class A CDL (Current Employee) –  ArizonaDecember 13, 2017
You do not have a life it's all about making them money not you I like to go home more but live to far they are alright to work for if your straight out of school cause they have you run run run don't go home till you done three weeks and home two days
Going through changes
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 13, 2017
With the merger of two trucking companies there are several changes. Most of which are making it more difficult to perform job duties, such as unnecessary paperwork and unsteady schedule.
Pros
secure job with the possibility of advancement.
Cons
unstable working conditions, too many changes.
fun place to work if you enjoy driving
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Lathrop, CADecember 12, 2017
I recommend swift to everyone to at least try for themselves and make their own decisions. If you love driving and seeing new places then get on board.
Pros
see lots of new places
Cons
long hours, away from home too long
Great place to work.
Driver Leader (Former Employee) –  Taylor, PADecember 11, 2017
Great place to work. Had a great relationship with fellow employees in the office and also with the drivers. Never had undue pressure at work. Would go back to work with Swift Transportation.
Low pay
Driver (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GADecember 11, 2017
Low pay lots of sitting waiting on loads most management didn't care about employee and they didn't take good care of their trucks no maintenance and hard to get problems fixed
Good Place to Work
Owner Operator Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Inver Grove Heights, MNDecember 10, 2017
I enjoyed working there they treated me great and the only reason I am leaving is I need to be home more than once a month and make money. The pay is NOT good.
Driver
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, TXDecember 10, 2017
Its ok if you want a truck driving career a train here. Its a job where you will not get paid low mileage because its a large company and there are a lot of drivers that work here. You will get a load by your location and sometimes have to wait until you get one.
Pros
Training for inexperienced drivers
Cons
Low mileage pay
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 9, 2017
Swift gives scheduling priority based on experience. As an experienced driver, choose between traveling the country or staying close to home. We cater to your work/life balance.Providing for your family is just as important as time spent with your family. At Swift, we believe in a work/life balance. This means we prioritize your driving schedules to
Pros
Flexibility
Its a decemt gig
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 7, 2017
Its a decent gig but trying to manage a home life and trucking isn't for every one. But swift can compensate for your time away from home, they have a very family oriented staff that doesn't make it too hard.
Great team
Implementation Specialist and Office Admin (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 7, 2017
great place to work. I couldnt get their anymore with the long commute so i left but i still miss the company and the people. One of my favorite jobs ever.
Flatbed Division is very good
Company Specialty Flatbed Driver (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXDecember 7, 2017
Before joining Swift it seems I only heard bad things about them but I was very surprised to find it to be a very good company. Never had a problem getting home when I requested. I only left because I had an local CDL job come open. Good company.
Pros
Good equipment, per mile rate
Cons
Otr
No real commitment to Employees
Logistics Manager (Current Employee) –  Springdale, ARDecember 6, 2017
We signed contracts yet they were only binding for us no tthe company. Our commissions were changed a few times and then taken away all together. We were promised job growth and advancement possibilities but non of that happens because we are a satellite office.
Great entry and training to find out if Over The Road driving is for you.
Regional Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Edwardsville, KSDecember 6, 2017
Leave for trailer pick up anytime between 1:00 - 6:00 am sometimes the load was ready sometimes not. Safety check load drive for 2 hrs to 6 hours to destination, get unloaded or wait to drop the load at the yard and pick up empty, back to pick area to drop off the trailer. every once in a while you would have to stay out overnight

How to drive a CMV and what to look out for on the road in general.

Most of the work was solo.

being alone for about 9 - 10 hours a day was both the most enjoyable and the hardest part.
Pros
Travel got to see a lot of the country.
Cons
You only see the country for inside the truck.
A career place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Manteno, IL 60950December 5, 2017
I liked working at Swift. There was plenty of advancement opportunities, salary increases and bonuses as well as training. I liked my coworkers. Swift gave me a job and trained me for a career not just another job. I wish I could go back.
Pros
friendly place, lots of benefits
Cons
very stressful and fast paced.
Good
Commercial Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Brownstown, MIDecember 4, 2017
Good company to work great miles from shipper to home and back to shipper from managers approval for need to get driver home more often especially when told so by management and successfully completing daily quotes.
Pros
Helayjcare
Cons
Hometome
Otr
Driver / Mentor (Former Employee) –  Jurupa, CADecember 3, 2017
Swift was okay, but you always have to fight to get miles in order to get a decent paycheck. Had a fair and decent drive manager that tried hard to work in my behalf, but the planners always wanted to cover their loads at drivers expense.
Starter job out of school
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 30, 2017
Great starter job
*Maintain truck and trailer *deliver time sensitive freight on time
*Maintain logs otr
Hardest part of my job was being away from my family
The most enjoyable part was learning the job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Swift Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7