Swift Transportation

Swift Transportation Employee Reviews

Good company if you want your cdl only.
Truck Driver (OTR) (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLNovember 6, 2015
Swift can be a much better company. There is confusion among the planners, I have had loads that was accepted, only to be taking away with no reason why. Can't find empty trailers in time, miss assignments because of this reason.
Pros
Okay starter company
Cons
Lack communication, Planners
Long haul company
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, IDNovember 5, 2015
Gave good experience at long haul in the lower 48 states. Great company benefits, great team players, great trucking equipment and great experience for a person who is starting out.
Pros
Good equipment
Cons
load assignments/ pickup and deliver on time in a safe manner
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCNovember 4, 2015
working as a lease operator learn a lot of the facets of the trucking industry. one also learns defensive and safe operation of his vehicle.
Weeks away from home.
COMMERCIAL TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Lathrop, CANovember 3, 2015
Over the road type work. You sleep in your truck and eat and shower at a truck stop, provided you have money to do so. At time you sit around the yard waiting for a pickup or delivery assignment. This waiting can take several of days. No pay while waiting.
Pros
If you are homeless you will have a place to sleep.
Cons
12.00 -16.00/hr. when miles are divided by time.
not bad for a starter company
driver (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WINovember 2, 2015
This company is no different than any other OTR Co. All of them paint a pretty picture..and don't get you home when they are supposed to.
They say you can see the country..BUT ALL YOUR DOING IS PASSING THRU!!! Not much to see in a wall mart parking lot. Or behind a shopping
Plaza in the dock!!! When your an OTR DRIVER you shouldn't expect to get home when they say (from any Company)..The DM'S are just as stressed out as any driver the majority of the time..Some are decent some and don't care..But that's with any company. .the rules should be the same for every swift terminal. .I am stunned that most of them are not.. This is one of the biggest problems they have..besides money. .they have all these truck computers and watch your every move now..but I drive as I drive..they didn't like it..So I took my 20yrs accident free record and QUIT !!!
Pros
Good starter Co
Cons
money way below industry standard.
they say you would drive an tractor but you don't
Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Johnstown, NYNovember 2, 2015
applied for the class a driver position and they had me driveing an box truck that was only an class b requirement. they also had people with an normal lience driveing an class b vechicle. and you had to have your own cell phone and if that broke and they had no way of getting ahold of you they would fire you.
Training
CDL Driver (Former Employee) –  Gary, INOctober 30, 2015
Drive 8 to 11hrs and do paperwork for 3hrs I learned how to drive Semi Trucks also learn how to drive the truck over the road and really enjoyed viewing the country driving
ok, except for so many electronic stuff like a noose.
OTR Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 29, 2015
I liked swift ok, DM was a lunatic who thought he was gods gift to trucking but didn't drive. didn't like all the alarms and warnings etc always going off in the truck and tattlling on you. Got too many critical events etc, didn't like that. Doesn't seem to stop other drivers from doing dumb stuff, I NEVER was in any danger of rolling their truck but electronics blaring all the time, and I hit a pothole in new jersey,, had to be counseled on safety because of that mess. They also forced me into an automatic truck, I hated that heap. I have driven a stick about as long as I have been driving and to me trucking is about the transmission as much as the driving skill.
Pros
ok people and good training
Cons
forced me into automatic truck, too many electronics
Not very personable
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Grandview, WAOctober 29, 2015
They don't seem to care that you have a life outside the truck.
They switched driver manager on me 3 times.
Co-workers are not very friendly.
fun workplace
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Gary, INOctober 25, 2015
Good job to work at. very friendly company and good bonuses.
They believe in their employees. learned how to stock merchandise
Pros
free lunch
Cons
hours
good company
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 23, 2015
This job requires several months of OTR. At first you will be gone for weeks at a time. It is a great place to start a truck driving career.
Fun and acceptable work environment.
Tractor Trailer/Driver (Former Employee) –  Inver Grove Heights, MNOctober 22, 2015
Totally reccommend this company to any person who are interested. .I have had a wonderful experience working at this company from my driver Manager to my fellow employees were all geared at making you feel welcome,
Pros
Great environment to be in.
Cons
Too short break
driver support
CDL Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 22, 2015
Driver support isn't really supportive, they're more people who just try to pass you on to the next person with not really helping.
x
Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 21, 2015
Swift is a great Company and I learn a lot at swift Transportation every day was fun to me, my only problem I just feel like I don't have enough OTR training cause I was train on a dedicated account.
Its a job
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, TXOctober 17, 2015
Don't expect to be home a lot if you are OTR. I think they should definitely work more with the truckers who want to be home more.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hour
With other management this company probably would be ok.
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLOctober 15, 2015
This company did not keep one promise it made. Example was break-down pay(they never pay), another is there dispatchers were cheats & liars. I would never work for them again.
no time off
Road Driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 13, 2015
Where do i start? ill just keep it simple, its Swift way or no way. they will keep you out on the road for months at a time and continue to feed you the same line that their trying to get you closer to home. if you have a family and love them then this is not for you.
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCOctober 11, 2015
A good place to work but the management there needs to be changed. They have there favorite picks there. I was a diesel mechanic. I drove trucks around and serviced them and got them ready for new drivers.
Pros
Cons
Management and moral
OTR DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLOctober 11, 2015
Always a fun and great place to work. always had something different to learn. driving experience was awesome. Loved going from state to state meeting new people and handling new job experiences.
loved this job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAOctober 9, 2015
Enjoyed working for the company. It interfered with my military career as a Reservist. But otherwise and excellent company to work for.