Swift Transportation Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,002 reviews matching the search
Not a Good Training for Women
student (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 14, 2016
I went to the school in Memphis The On range recruiters are very arrogant and Say smart remarks which is very discouraging while your trying to learn. The show you 1 time how to do something and expect you to know it then test you later that day. If you dont pass you go home!. Its a teach yourself program basically
Pros
They give you 1 free lunch the first day
Great Company to work for
Swift Dedicated Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Urbandale, IASeptember 21, 2015
I've worked with Swift for 20 years and have loved my tenure with them. They are a great company and great people to work with and for. Huge company with so much growth potential. They are always working to stay ahead of the game. That is what it's all about. One cannot become stagnant and stale as if one does then they fall behind and become complacent putting them in the back of the line. My current position is relocating and I am not able to relocate for another 3 years till my children graduate high school. At that time I'll be able to relocate so one never knows what the future may hold.
Very routine & cultured diverse environment.
Fleet Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago Ridge, ILFebruary 19, 2015
Typical workday for managers starts anywhere from 5 am to 7am. As on onsite manager I worked from 5-3. These hours however were dependent on if you accomplished certain tasks. Otherwise you were in earlier the next day. Management was their. I had a boss who always was their for me until the very end. Co-workers were great, It was more of a team environment. Hardest part of the job would be attempting to accomplish all the tasks to satisfy your drivers an boss's. The most enjoyable part of the job was you made alot of long lasting relationships with the drivers.
Pros
good benefits, vacation
Cons
at time upper management is confusing. when you expect them to have your back, knowing all the pressure your on, they turn their heads and leave you to the fire.
Swift
Mechanic M3 Level (Former Employee) –  Jonestown, PAApril 13, 2016
A typical day at work would for me to get at work and hour early everyday. Start with organizing my tool box for what ever my job was for that day. I learned new things everyday as i took on a challenge i never seen before. I was a Level 3 Tech out of 5.
Got to see this amazing country.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 13, 2016
I really enjoyed the travel through most of the states in this country. Delivering up in the mountains of Washington, to the Dessert of New Mexico.
Pros
Getting to Drive which I really enjoy.
Cons
Never being Home but once a month.
Progressive company in theory
BUSINESS ANALYST II (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 19, 2016
Great group of people to work with. Get real life experience of working with the whole P&L. Finance team are forward thinkers but it is hard to get ideas off the ground
Pros
Great learning enviorment
Cons
there are many
Much opportunity to learn and grow
Warranty Parts Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AzAugust 5, 2015
I held several positions at Swift, and learned a lot about the transportation industry. Management seems to stay engaged with their departments and workers. My co-workers shoulder a lot of responsibility, keeping trucks and equipment operating and safe on the roads. I feel the hardest part of this job was getting "lost in the crowd". I most enjoyed the variety of experince and knowledge I obtained in my many positions.
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Greer, SCOctober 11, 2015
A good place to work but the management there needs to be changed. They have there favorite picks there. I was a diesel mechanic. I drove trucks around and serviced them and got them ready for new drivers.
Pros
Cons
Management and moral
goal is to be best in class
Terminal Manger (Former Employee) –  Monroe, GAApril 11, 2016
steady work, strives to best in class great equipment for drivers,still growing , driver friendly motivating annual meeting for upcoming year
Pros
the nations largest
Cons
lose sight of what is going on in the trenches
i dont ever want to work here again
OWNER OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 12, 2016
i wouldn't work here again personal information giving to another driver and no freight to big of company with a lot of drivers but no freight for every driver and they don't treat you with respect
Pros
n/a
Cons
no freight
Loyalty Not Rewarded
DRIVER LEADER (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 27, 2016
4 years with the company - unable to change schedules even though I'm the most qualified in the entire location. Driver retention is poor due to freight volume and they are not offering raises this year.
Swift a very impersonal company
independent contractor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 6, 2016
Nicest thing about working here you really didn't have to share your work day with anybody, because nobody really cared. All you needed to secure your job was to do your job
Pros
busy work days
Cons
24/7 work schedual
Variety of work
Diesel Mechanic Intern (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 9, 2016
Preventative Maintenance, light bulbs, oil changes, brake inspection, tire inspection, ensure safety of truck

Loved my co-workers, great sense of pride and teamwork
Pros
Great Management
Cons
travel
Over the road driver
Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg PAMarch 9, 2016
Hauled trailers, verifying weights on scales. Operated in the south and south west. Over the road from Harrisburg PA to over the road locations. 100% on time delivery. Productive company, good people and trainers.
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 20, 2016
A very busy front lobby, many vendors and customers thru the day. Very happy employees many have been here many years. Co-workers are very pleasant. Hardest part of my job is saying no to a room reservation someone requested and is not available.
na
ECT, CSR PLANNER (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 6, 2016
Reviewing a previous employer is not fair how can this be a productive way of finding new employment has nothing to do with posting a resume
running a transportation dock
Foreman/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, TXJanuary 28, 2016
working at different shifts managing the dock and the personal and the equipment. the company was a good place to learn different job positions to hone my people skills
Great for a large company
OTR TRUCK DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 18, 2015
I gotta say, for as big as Swift is, I'm impressed with how well I was treated there. The pay is low, but they do try to work with you, and if there is an emergency at home, they work hard to get you there. Great place for a new driver to start their career.
loved this job
Driver (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAOctober 9, 2015
Enjoyed working for the company. It interfered with my military career as a Reservist. But otherwise and excellent company to work for.
Mostly a positive experiance
OTR/CDL-A Driver (Former Employee) –  Denver,COJuly 13, 2015
Although I generally enjoyed my time at Swift, picking up and delivering 53ft trailers anywhere in the country, they had the bad habit of shaving miles off my pay and constantly lying about delivery times. While I do understand the" corporate needs" this does cause undo stress on the individual driver. Other than that, I found the people and the work enjoyable and I look forward to working in the trucking industry again.
Pros
travel, working on my own schedule, reasonable pay
Cons
expensive benefits, dishonest dispatchers