Swift Transportation Employee Reviews

Found 1,372 reviews matching the search
Swift is a good company to drive for.
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLMarch 7, 2017
Swift is a good company to drive for.Only,if they had the technicians to get you rolling sooner ,much sooner than later.Much,much later.As far as dispatchers go,the one I was assigned to,was great. The trucks are o.k.Get ready to spend a few hours looking for empty trailers,though.
Pros
Good Home Time
Cons
Not enough techs, equipment, not enough trailers
Otr
Semi Driver Class (Current Employee) –  Ocala, FLMarch 7, 2017
Great place to work!! very nice and friendly environment, Brand new trucks ., terminals in every state. with accomodations, showers. simply a very good place to work !!
subpar
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 5, 2017
This company does not care for the safety of it's drivers. Although they offer schooling through a company loan you are better trying to find a contractor under a different company to earn your cdl license.
terrible company
Driver/Delivery/hostler (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 5, 2017
I would not recommend this company to anybody because they don't pay good and they don"t back up their employees when push come to shove management is terrible
no comment
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  IndianaMarch 4, 2017
good pay over the road driver i learn how to drive a truck over the road the hardest part of the job,too many bosses and unprofessional management
Cons
job
Gone too long, but enjoyable at times
Professional Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAMarch 4, 2017
I was driving team for them, and they kept us running but they seem to not care if we were tired and needed to pull over. As long as the load was on time, was the response. Overall, it was enjoyable, and the manager was great. Sometimes they would take a load from us and give it to someone else 2 minutes after they give it to us.
Good job with teamwork
Reciever (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 3, 2017
This job was great on most fronts. when it came to teamwork and leaders there was no problems. It was a fun environment since you work along side some one. You would have company to keep you entertained. The leaders were fair and would try to help you when needed. overall the job in it of itself was not that bad. The issues comes when the work is not guaranteed daily. Even if you are among the top (the ones that always get called no matter what) you may find yourself getting a call to not go to work. Not to mention where the leaders are helpful the supervisors are less then that.
Pros
fun enviorment good leaders
Cons
Supervisors are not informed, many days without work
Swift is a great place to get your experience
Driver (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAMarch 3, 2017
This is a very good training company. There's a lot of freight and a lot of miles. I used to run coast to coast and made good money doing it.
good job
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAMarch 2, 2017
lots of work, keeps you busy. work though out the 48 states and god pay. nothing really hard about it if your already a truck driver.
Long Haul
Driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 28, 2017
First off this is a truck driving job. So if traveling is your bag and you like money this is a pretty good mix.

The hardest part for me was the extended time being away from home.

The best thing is you practically set your hours as an Owner Operator. You could chart your own route based on the available freight.

Driver managers were always at the ready to handle any concerns or problems.

I learned how navigate trips that run through heavy traffic areas.
Pros
Weekly pay, getting paid to travel
Cons
Long periods away from home, traffic
Many companies in one
Director of Telecom and Network Operations (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 28, 2017
I worked for Swift over 23 years and loved my job there. We were family. I started as an entry level admin and worked my way to upper management. You work hard, everyone does. They run lean. That can lead to problems. You can be too focused on fire fighting and miss the big picture. The people were the best and worst part of the job.
9 working years for Swift, if I knew better then, I wouldn't have.
Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 27, 2017
They certainly don't think much of you if you don't play their way.
Let you go without blinking twice, it does not matter what you have to say. Over all, look elsewhere, work there only if no other choice.
Pros
not many
Cons
quite a few
great work enviornment
OTR Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 27, 2017
enjoying the open road, delivering to different cities, & states. recognizing previously traveled routes making commute and appointment times and times to drive daily more manageable hardest part of he job being on the road away from wife and kids
truck driver
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, IDFebruary 27, 2017
went through there driver trainer program. went to truck driving school then trained with a trainer for six weeks. hauled over the road van truck and trailer.
The worst
Driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 27, 2017
I learned a lot about trucking but mostly I learned what a company should not be . And swift is by far is the lowest for of carriers .Ypou are a number not a person
Swift Transportation
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Phoenix ArizonaFebruary 27, 2017
They overwork you or they under work you they will let you sit for two weeks without a load they will not communicate with their drivers they are actually one of the worst trucking companies out there they miss route you they send you to the wrong town they gave you the wrong information on your dispatch they never want to send you home for home time they underpay you if they pay you at all
Terribly Company
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, TXFebruary 25, 2017
One of the biggest trucking companies out there with no freight. They hire at least 100 drivers every week, so that's the main reason why there is no freight. To many drivers. To many rookie drivers.
Pros
Cons
Alot of sitting and waiting, no freight, to slow, trucks are terrible and constent lies.
starter company
cdl driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 23, 2017
they offered a trucking academy and since I needed a cdl this was a good fit for me. after graduating I was on the road quickly but home time was always a issue.
Took job for benefits
Extended Coverage Team Driver Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 22, 2017
This was a septic work environment. The management sought to get rid of people rather then repair problems that they would bring forward. I enjoyed working with some of my co-workers, but overall this was a job for benefits and nothing else.
Pros
Medical benefits for my family
Cons
Everything else.
swift
Driver (Current Employee) –  glensfallsFebruary 22, 2017
Its a big company , and you are just a #, you wont get rich they dont even pay the average of ,50 a mile you`d be lucky to get .40 , bennefits are bad and you pay for most of them i have a family plan it costs 170.00 a wk if youre single and learning or someone who`s had some bumps in their past and no reputable company will take you , go for it
Pros
Cons
to many to list

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Swift Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7