Swim n Sport Employee Reviews

Worst Company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaNovember 16, 2017
No raises, no work/life balance, prepare to get called in on your day off if the Director of Stores shows up. 8+ hours a day, if you are lucky you may get a customer, then you are required to do the 21 steps. Heaven forbid this is a secret shopper (so easy to pick them off with the rarity of customers) They run contests & take forever to pay you for winning, IF they pay you. So few hours allotted that you work all day w/o a break & then you are expected to take a break before you go home.
Pros
Cons
read my review
Overall nice place. To work
Key Holder and Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 1, 2017
Great job if you want part work or big you are a student. Management is great. Very chill and relaxed environment. Will work mostly by yourself unless it's expected to be a a high volume week. Coworkers have been pleasant.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Only part time hours
swim n sport
Assistant manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAJanuary 30, 2017
very bad place to work for. management Is horrible. they don't follow the rules and just do what they want. very self centered. bathing suits are over priced
Good staff great quality product
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMarch 21, 2016
Good work environment, caring staff , great selling module , i learned a lot about the different styles of swim wear and their fits.
interesting people to talk to
manager (Former Employee) –  flOctober 15, 2015
micro manage daily, goals are unobtainable, boring and uninspiring. long hours each day. Its all about the numbers, whether customers come in or not.
Pros
fair discount
Cons
long hours working alone
I loved being a manager
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJune 14, 2015
I worked all day and got to hire my own staff and I really wish my husband didn't have to relocate or I would still be with this company.
Fun
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 23, 2015
You open the store alone. Your payroll is so low you are alone until 3 in the afternoon. Makes it hard to use the bathroom or eat a snack. You check in your merchandise hang it up and merchandise the swimsuits. Very fast paced in the summer. Winter is dead of course. Cruise season in the fall is just ok.
Pros
travel
retail
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 23, 2014
A designer swimsuit store in Arizona Mills Mall. Enjoyed gaining experience in the management role.
Required to work more hours then usual
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLAugust 8, 2012
The hardest part of the job is having no sales and still trying to increase the stores sales when all the customers ask for sales. The customers want sales on suits nothing else.
Bad Managment
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAMay 16, 2012
On my first day I was trained by the assistant manager who had started the day before me. After a few weeks it was the two of us running the store with help from the district manager who had to come from Maryland and stay over night. The job itself was fun. I stocked the racks and fixed them when the bathing suits were out of order. Working with customers was fun to, expectably when you helped them find a suit they loved! I enjoyed the assistant manger who also became a friend being that we spent so much time talking and figuring out how to run the store.
Pros
made a friend, got a pay check
Cons
bad managment or no manager, location i worked at closed now
Fast pace friendly environment
Lead sales associate (Former Employee) –  Denver, ColoradoJanuary 15, 2012
I enjoyed working at swin n sport. I was given a great oppurtunity to work close with customers. Also was able to meet alot of new people.
Pros
working in the mall, full time hours
Cons
winter comes no hours, work monday through sunday