Swinerton Builders Employee Reviews

Summary
Employee (Current Employee) –  HawaiiSeptember 18, 2017
Good culture
long work hours when on project
employee motivation from project to project can lack
everyone responsible only for their work, minimal teamwork and collaboration
competitive benefits and pay
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
teamwork and management
Great learning experience with excellent management
Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 15, 2017
Swinerton in Portland invested in their employees by providing ample training. Swinerton in San Francisco did an exceptional job with the website for employees.
Pros
Construction!
Cons
Couldn't think of one
You have to be there favroite
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 29, 2017
I worked there and had them say inappropriate remarms would not let me do trying to get advancement. They didn't even want to show you anything. Not good.
Pros
Worked well with hours
Cons
No room for advancement
Unprofessional manager
HR Records Assistant (Current Employee) –  San FranciscoAugust 22, 2017
My manager had her own style of management. She doesn't believe in team work, but finds it fun to put her team members into challenging situations or pushing them to compete. Thus, she's never opened to suggestions.
Pros
Free lunch once a week
Cons
Short breaks
Fast pace work environment
Finish carpenter/Foreman (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJuly 30, 2017
I hung and trim doors for Swinerton Builders. I would fall back to help install cabinets and counter tops. I learned here that you need to know people to continue to work steady. Management was on top of long lead orders and safety The hardest part of this job was fitting in with the crew that constantly worked year round. I enjoyed meeting new people with different skill levels.
Pros
Awsome workers
Cons
You needed to be in with the crew to advance
good
pe (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 18, 2017
enjoyable work place. intelligent people. great management. team oriented job where everyone has one common goal. great place to work. highly recommend
good
Operator/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Niceville, FLJuly 9, 2017
learned how to drive heavy equipment. the job was building solar power plants. the pay was above normal. the job ended because we were done. i loved the job.
Modern-Day Construction Workplace
PROJECT ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 22, 2017
Voted Best Places To Work 2017 for 50 Employees or less. There are General Contractors with the same old philosophies, standard office workplace cubicles and very little investment in workplace amenities. This company thrives on new technology, a fun work environment that caters to the modern office furnishings, state of the art kitchen/breakroom and believes in rewarding their employees.
Pros
Free Lunch
fun and uplifting
Quality Control Foreman (Former Employee) –  Milford, UTMay 27, 2017
Good and happy work environment, good safety measures, people are able to work well on a teem, good system of communication, overall quality in work, good leadership
very good management, fun coworkers
Division Accountant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 18, 2017
Swinerton is a very good General Contractor. Fun people to work for. Was paid fairly with good benefits. They have a very good training program. Honest company.
Pros
pay and benefits - fun gatherings
Great company
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 17, 2017
The company is great but the method they use are traditional, Which mean It takes longer to process. Overall it is a great company to work for and will help you grow.
Brown Nose Society
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIMarch 13, 2017
Company used to be very high in integrity but found that as the company grew, so did the brown-nose advantage. If you did not adhere to those "in control" or in positions of power, you could pretty much guarantee you would not find advancement here.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Brown-nose society with questionable ethics of some managers
good place to work
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Wilcox,AZFebruary 8, 2017
A typical day would include getting the crew and myself ready for a long day of harsh desert weather. It was a fun job with an outstanding crew. I learned time management as well as a boost within my communication and verbal skills. the hardest part of the job was the 150 plus miles of daily travel. All in all, I enjoyed my time here.
OK if you're desperate, I suppose
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 18, 2017
Great coworkers, but learning opportunities are hit or miss. I've had great bosses & absolutely horrible ones. The great ones helped me along - understand the process and the reasoning behind them. The horrible one showed zero respect for their employees - for example stopping an employee review to call their pet groomer to set up an appointment for their pet, continuously referencing certain employees with disrespect, etc...

My take - if management in Texas building group (from the top levels) has changed, I'd consider a position there - otherwise no way I would for any amount of money.
Pros
Hit or Miss with management - California Corporate is Awesome, Texas not so much
Cons
hit or miss with management
internship
Internship (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 11, 2017
internship only
i have nothing to review for this company. only 3 month worked onsite. only thing that was good work environment. the most excited moment when i was working in this company because it was my first internship of real field.
Very Productive, Active and fun place to work
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  600 World Way LAX, Los Angeles CAJanuary 5, 2017
Every day was different, because of the construction life that's how it is and that was amazing. I learned a lot about how buildings and renovations go. The engineers are so amazing. Love all my co-workers, young old, men and women. The hardest part of the job was just trying to maintain the subcontractors with their contracts, business license, Safety license. The most enjoyable part of the job was that I meet a lot of beautiful people who are still friends to this day.
Pros
Free Lunches every Tuesday and Thursday
Cons
Lunche was just 30 minutes
The pay was great the work was opposite.
Solar Installer (Former Employee) –  Mountain Home, IDJanuary 3, 2017
Work consisted of 10-12 hour days out in the 90-100 degrees. We had short breaks that caused for people to pass out from lack of water. I had to go to the hospital from dehydration and the company's benefits are not acceptable . Overall its a horrible company and they treat there workers not good.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Short breaks, benefits, management, work environment.
Swinerton
Carpenter Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 20, 2016
Great company good leadership
Take great care of employees and family time is always given and never looked down upon
Learn a lot by the best and doing it SAFELY
Pros
Great leadership
Not good
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  TexasOctober 26, 2016
The San Antonio office shut down and left lots of people out of work. The did give exiting packages. The local leaders were great, but overall you were a number due to the size of the company.
Pros
Cons
Texas was left to drown
Nice people to work with
Quality Control Inspector/Foreman (Former Employee) –  Los Banos, CASeptember 21, 2016
Safety needs improvement for new employees but improved as the job continued on as training classes were started and more of a safety culture was established !!
Pros
Nice people to work with
Cons
More Safety focus at beginning of jobs neede