SWIRE COCA-COLA, USA Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
It was better before swire took over
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Washington StateSeptember 19, 2017
Don't do it. The benefits are great but the new managers micromanage you and make it a hostile work environment. Even after working 12 hours a day they expect you to be on your A-game when you are exhausted
Benefits
Cons
Micromanagement
productive and fun work place with people and good environment for work!
mechanical engineering expert and technician (Current Employee) –  New York StateSeptember 18, 2017
I like your production and working place of your company.
I believe in the quality of your product is excellent.
I work in your company according to your working principle and standard.
I accomplish the vision and mission of your company!!!!
Pros
free launches
Cons
health care
Lackluster management and finance department
Class A driver (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 31, 2017
3 supervisors either fired or quit during my time here.
I have had more issues with my pay than I can count on my 2 hands! From not getting paid scheduled bonuses to raises. The finance office is beyond negligent. High turnover rate across the board in distribution/merchandising/warehouse because they just don't care about you. Do not work here.
Pros
Cons
Pay issues, poor management, poor finance office
Horrible pay for the work.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Pocatello, IDAugust 30, 2017
Id rather work 12 hours at McDonald then here the pay sucks and you hardly get a break. You don't feel appreciated because of that its a new schedule every week. way to overloaded with work and they dont seem like they are actively looking for anyone else even though we havent worked less then 12 hours the last 2 weeks and woring 5 days a week for twelve hours is not fun.
Pros
Cons
everything
Can be stressful
Utility RAR (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTAugust 14, 2017
When understaffed you work long hours. Has a high turnover rate, however if you are good at doing your job and can manage your time well you could move up in positions fairly quickly.
lots of overtime
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJuly 29, 2017
good paychecks and lots of overtime, company parties, meeting new people, cleaning, stocking, forklifts, pallet jacks, discounts on coca cola products
Great company
Market Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTJuly 14, 2017
Swire Coca Cola is a great company, with great benefits. Advancement opportunities are available, but seem very biased in the candidates that are chosen. This is the main reason I am looking for a company that can better utilize my talents success track record.
Pros
Good pay, good benefits
Cons
Negative Managers
Excellent Company to Grow With
Employee (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 13, 2017
Swire is a great company to grow with, most employees start off as Warehouse Loaders or Product Merchandisers. Management is easy to talk to and helpful in helping you build a career.
Fantastic Company
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Denver, ColoradoJune 15, 2017
A Company that does the right thing for their employees, provides promotional opportunities and has that Family Feel in a world where that is hard to find.
Pros
Flexibility, Promotions, Benefits
Great place to work for!
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Moses Lake, WAJune 7, 2017
All I have to say is Idk why I diddnt apply sooner, great pay, plus mileage and health benefits. Drive my own car and its easy. Great schedule too, 4-10's, do I still get to be a full time online student.
Say good bye to your life
Order Builder (Former Employee) –  New MexicoJune 5, 2017
Working at coke seems pretty good, but its not, horrible management, hours up the butt, descent pay i guess, and never having time to do anything you want to on your free time
Pros
good co workers, free water
Cons
management, hours, no personal time
Horrible company
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTMay 20, 2017
If you don't work in the office, you do not matter. The Asm's have no clue what is going on in the stores, their customers are angry because Coke piles product into their back rooms. This company believes that sales numbers are exponential, no matter if sales slow down you had better jam even more product into the stores. They pay less than their competitors, and work you more. I hate my job now, used to be proud to work here. Until I saw how unethical this company is. For your own good DO NOT WORK HERE! God help you if you are genuinely sick. I've worked with bronchitis and a cracked rib, because you are not allowed to call in. Their turn over rate is 70% and they refuse to see it's due to how managers in the office treat their teams.
Pros
None.
Cons
Management is a complete joke, Less pay than competitors, No lunch breaks. Pay less for mileage than their competitors.
Quick pay increase with a lot of hours
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORMay 17, 2017
If you're interested in earning a lot of overtime, especially during the summer and holidays, than this could be a good fit for you. I earned a $3 raise after working 600 hours which was about 2-3 months after I was hired and believe I'm supposed to earn another after an additional year.
Oregon is just now switching from Coca-Cola to Swire Coca-Cola, so there will be a lot of hiccups for probably the first 6 months to a year.
When the job posting says "Tigard" the job itself will most likely not be there. It can be anywhere in the Portland vicinity. "Tigard" just happens to be where our offices are for the interview and hiring process, so expect to be sent there for an interview.
Pros
Lunch anytime before 6 hours, quick pay increases, start time anywhere from 4am-7am
Cons
Long hours, expect to be watched closely
Productive and fun place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Draper, UTMay 6, 2017
Incredible stability and growth! Swire is a very driven team with the passion to train employees. Pride in the business and excellent customer service is key.
Stressful, repetitive and boring
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAMay 5, 2017
If you don't worry about doing a good job and focus on kissing butt you will move up fast. But don't expect hard work and loyalty to mean anything it's all politics.
Pros
Decent pay/benefits
Terrible!!!
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Draper, UTApril 28, 2017
For anyone who wants a life outside of work, do NOT apply. I worked in the call center for two weeks before I left. They give you a shift, but you are expected to stay until all* calls are taken care of, so if you're regularly off at 5pm but you have to stay until 8pm, that's too bad. They forced us to "skip" lunches and breaks often, so we were clocked out and eating as we helped customers, which really sucked. There were so many calls coming in, that both of my trainers were having to do 2-3 at a time, placing each customer on a hold in order to help the next. Most customers were angry that their calls were not being returned, and understandably so. The sheer volume of calls was overwhelming. I was getting married in a few months and they were not willing to work with me and refused to give me the time off. Scheduling is very strict as well as attendance. If you apply for the call center position, be aware that there's no balance between work and home life and there is a lot* of micromanaging.

Basic job description: Calling customers along your route and placing their orders, submitting any service tickets for Coke vending machines, etc., and cross-selling any new Coke products.
Pros
Lots of hours available
Cons
Sometimes no breaks/lunches, long hours, inflexible with time off
Beware beware beware high turnover rate for a reason
Driver/Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAApril 26, 2017
This is a horrible place to work due to the driver supervisors. Only two of them have a cdl so the other two are pretty useless overall and can not help with much of anything. Incredibly disorganized!!!
A lot of OT which means no family life balance.

Interestingly one of the craziest things is the conflict of interest when it comes to the bosses. If you want to work endless hours and have to walk on eggshells because a boss thinks she is untouchable this is the place for you.

Save yourself a lot of time and find a better place that will value their employees. There is a reason we have an ASTRANOMICAL turn over rate of drivers.
Pros
Cons
Bosses are ridiculous and unrealistic, disorganized a company who wants to hit numbers vs taking care of their employees.
Overworked but paid well
Driver/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAApril 9, 2017
Spent about a month as a driver.
Working for a company that doesn't care about Overtime is great, for a few weeks. Then you realize that your supervisors don't care because routing is /so inefficient/ that just getting product from the warehouse to the customer is an enormous struggle.
Shockingly disorganized. Extremely frustrating.
Not as fun
Lift Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Pasco County, waMarch 18, 2017
I work there for seven years. There was a person witch was my warehouse boss that made my job more difficult..he is just really hatd to work with if you do one thing he would redo it making it worse and then you would have spend time redoing it all ovet again..
Pros
Could be late if needed
Cons
Work noon to 8.30
Great oppertunity to move up in the company
Assistant Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COMarch 15, 2017
A typical day working for Coca-Cola is a good day due to the fact that it is fast paced work and good hard labor. All the bosses were great to work for, you learn hot to load trucks with profishincy you also learn how and Check trucks out to their destination. The hardest part of the job is learning how to stack the pallets correctly. The best part is it's a job that will never go anywhere.
Pros
Its Coca-Cola

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SWIRE COCA-COLA, USA. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7