Find companies:

Swisher Hygiene

Job Work/Life Balance
Compensation/Benefits
Job Security/Advancement
Management
Job Culture
25 reviews

About Swisher Hygiene

Swisher Hygiene sweeps away the competition in the corporate world. The company provides commercial cleaning services, equipment, and supplies to more than 50,000 businesses in North America and abroad. Recognized for its restroom cleaning and disinfection services, Swisher also sells soap, cleaning chemicals, and paper products, and it rents facility – more... service items (such as floor mats and mops). The company sells, rents, and maintains commercial dishwashers and other cleaning equipment. Swisher has expertise in serving customers in the foodservice, hospitality, health care, industrial, and retail industries. It boasts a global network of about 80 company-owned operations, 10 franchises, and 10 master licensees.

In a substantial move to expand its operations, in May 2011 Swisher Hygiene acquired ProClean of Arizona, an independent hygiene and chemical provider serving more than 4,000 customers throughout the Southwest. ProClean primarily provides warewashing (method for cleaning dishes, glasses, pots, pans, etc.), general cleaning, and laundry and housekeeping services to the foodservice and hospitality industries. Swisher Hygiene its combining its Southwest operations with ProClean's, a move that will bolster its presence in the markets of Albuquerque, El Paso, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Phoenix, San Diego, and Tucson. In a move to expand into the deep South, the company acquired the Mississippi-based Gulf Coast Laundry Services late in the year. Gulf Coast provides linen and uniform rentals and laundry services to the hospitality industry in Alabama, Louisiana, and Mississippi.

Formerly named CoolBrands International, the company adopted the Swisher Hygiene moniker in late 2010 after combining with cleaning services provider Swisher International, which became a subsidiary. As part of the arrangement, former CoolBrands shareholders own 52% of the entity, and former Swisher International shareholders control the remaining 48%. The combined company is led by Swisher's primary shareholders, Wayne Huizenga (who serves as chairman) and Steve Berrard (who is CEO).

Once a leading maker of ice cream, yogurt, and other frozen treats, CoolBrands had been chilling as a publicly traded shell company since 2007, when it finished disposing of all its operating units. The company's portfolio included such popular brands as Eskimo Pie, Godiva, and Yoplait. It also operated and franchised retail outlets under the banners I Can't Believe It's Yogurt, Tropicana Smoothies, and Yogen Früz. CoolBrands was formerly controlled by the families of former chairmen Michael Serruya and Richard Smith. – less

Swisher Hygiene Employer Reviews

Former Employee Finance (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 19, 2014
Operations Manger (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLMay 13, 2014
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), Miami, FLMarch 11, 2014
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAMarch 5, 2014
Area Service Manager (Former Employee), Rockland, MAOctober 15, 2013

Swisher Hygiene Photos

Working at Swisher Hygiene

  • What do you think - will Swisher Hygiene grow fast? Are they expanding their staff? How does Swisher Hygiene stack up against the competition?
  • Do you work at Swisher Hygiene? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview? Any advice for someone trying to get in?
  • What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Swisher Hygiene? What do you like best about working at Swisher Hygiene? Are the...
  • It's always hard to know what to expect when going in for that interview -- and preparation can make all the difference. What is the interview process like at Swisher Hygi...
  • Every business has its own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Swisher Hygiene? Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-o...