Swisher Hygiene

Swisher Hygiene Employer Reviews

headache
Operations Manger (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLMay 13, 2014
Cons: all
Management undervalues its people, no benefits, and very long hours
Large company with a lot of potential
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), Miami, FLMarch 11, 2014
Pros: good benefits, steady pay, great employees
Cons: management showed favoritism, nepotism is the normal
I handled all of the shipping and receiving for all of the south florida locations. At this job I learned about P/L, budgeting, scheduling, and management. the hardest part of the job was inventory control an managing other employees. Good employees with great personalities that made it a pleasure to work with.
to many corporate people no field personel
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAMarch 5, 2014
Cons: poor management
This company will suck the life out of you and your family. Lack of concern for field personel.
Poorly managed
Area Service Manager (Former Employee), Rockland, MAOctober 15, 2013
Cons: inadequate management
Poor management, bad business practices. No faith in anything they say
Excelent Place to work
Chemical Accounts Representative (Current Employee), Fairbanks, AKSeptember 11, 2013
Excelent place to work. Good People, great customers, superior products
Great Company to work for
Route Driver (Former Employee), Stockton, CaJune 9, 2013
You set your time that you want to work. As long as you complete your route for the day you will have no problems If you need to take care of something during the day you are allowed to do so as long as you still finish out your work day. If you need to reschedual a stop there are no issues doing that either. It is a very good company to work for with – more... little to no supervision – less
Productive with great scheduling
Service Technician (Former Employee), Charleston, SCFebruary 22, 2013
Pros: no set hours to eork a week
Servicing customers and when your done with your work load you can go home and still got paid for the day.
Small office enjoyed own office
Accounts Receivable Manager (Former Employee), Marietta, GAJanuary 13, 2013
Pros: own office, small staff, casual environment
Cons: company struggling financial and legally
Wished position could have been permanent the AR division was struggling and behind and I came in and got under control and then the company downsized the AR division and that ended the assignment.
Small office enjoyed own office
Accounts Receivable Manager (Former Employee), Marietta, GAJanuary 13, 2013
Pros: own office, small staff, casual environment
Cons: company struggling financial and legally
Cramster
Account Receivables Associate (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 20, 2012
Pros: daily lunch $3. free name brand coffee. java smoothies.
Cons: no training environment.
Company fairly new to being a public traded company. Has people that's been there for 11+ years. They were not willing to train and provide tools needed to perform job. I was thrown in with the wolves. They lacked the culture of being nice and friendly. Company was very secretive. Financial reporting was out of sync.
Nasty work....little pay
Asst Service Manager (Former Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 13, 2012
Pros: few nights or weekends
Cons: low pay, no benefits
I worked there for over 12 years and the company ,pay, etc was fine until corporate buy out. After that customer care and employee care was minimal. There view was if you lose a customer, so what. And they promised many,many things to the employees and never came through. I stayed there for 2+ yrs after the buy out and nothing improved, but rather got – more... worse. They may be different now, but wouldn't bet on it. – less
fast paced and great place to meet people
Hygiene Specialist (Former Employee), Elmhurst, ILNovember 7, 2012
start the day by checking inventory to make sure that you have everything you to start your day with, and make sure that your customer is taken care of. I've learned how to manage and control inventory and properly sell product
very busy
Service Manager (Former Employee), Miami, FLOctober 24, 2012
very busy job. always following up on account managers balancing their days recipets and following up on customer satisfaction
Swisher is going through a lot of growing pains in a tough economy
Sales Manager, Service Manager, General Manager (Former Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 10, 2012
As a Sales Manager I was responsible for selling new business, I was able to do this successfully by networking with other customers and working with Service Technicians in the field. I demonstrated the features and benefits of the goods and services I was providing for them.

My duties as a Service Manager were to maintain inventory control for the – more... 18,000 warehouse as well as place any special orders that came in. I worked closely with our distributor partners to help build a good working relationship. Worked on P&L's and budgets with the GM to insure direct and distribution numbers were hit. Managed and mentored 14 employees from 2 branches by doing “ride alongs” with them as well as training them how to sell correctly. Covered open routes when needed. Performed monthly Quality inspections for customers and addressed any concerns they had. As a GM I had to handle the final decisions on all HR responsibilities such as hiring, firing and employee counseling.

During my time as a General Manager before this position was eliminated by Swisher, I was responsible for the day to day operations of the entire branch. Handled all HR issues that occurred. Dealt with all aspects of making the yearly budgets and P&L's for the individual rep's as well as the overall branch. Working closely with senior management on the direction the company was heading and how we would meet those targeted sales numbers. – less
Look forward to working everyday.
Director of Operations (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLAugust 12, 2012
Managing day to day operations.
Seeing customers face to face.
face differant challanges everyday.
EASY JOB
ROUTE TECH (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKAugust 9, 2012
Pros: i would usually be home by noon.
Cons: traveling in snow, and extreme heat.
I LIKED THE JOB. I MEET A LOT OF NICE AND INTERSTING PEOPLE. TRAVELED ALL OVER TOWN. IF I SOLD A LOT OF PAPER PRODUCTS I MADE MORE MONEY SO I SOLD AS MUCH AS I COULD.
Horrible Company - Stay Away
Service Manager (Former Employee), North Hills, CaliforniaJuly 25, 2012
At first I thought it would be a great opportunity, all they did was suck you dry as far as work goes. They want something for nothing, they are destined to fail.

I look forward to seeing them fall .. I quit and got a real job!!
must be dedicated 24/7 to the company
GENERAL MANAGER (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 7, 2012
Pros: frontline employees are fun to work with !
Cons: micro managed to the extreme by senior management
dedication is required beyond normal corporate levels. Too many conference calls and webinars to effectively spend time with customers and working with field sales team.
It keeps you Running!
Customer Service Tech (Former Employee), Nashville, TNMay 24, 2012
Pros: got to be outside
Cons: had to eat lunch while i drove!
This was a busy job- some days I had as many as 22 places to clean! I would sanitize the bathrooms in the business, stock paper products and cleaning supplies. I was driving all day and enjoyed that part of the job. My boss was a good guy, the other techs were ok. The hardest part was just getting it done, with all of the stops I had to make every day. – more... I was running all day long! – less
Great Place to work, everyone so nice to work with...I wish I STILL worked there
Data Entry (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 3, 2012
It was all great, nothing hard about it, all of my co-workers were just like family. I looked forward to going to work each and every day.

About Swisher Hygiene

Swisher Hygiene sweeps away the competition in the corporate world. The company provides commercial cleaning services, equipment, – Read more