Swisher International, Inc Employee Reviews in United States

Sales tax, property tax, handle audits
Senior Tax Accountant (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 18, 2015
A typical day would be running detail trial balances from Great Plains for the audit sample, and saving it on a CD to mail to the auditor. I open the tax mail and give my co-worker her mail. I would decide the urgency of the mail and decide if I need to scan sales tax notices to Avalara to respond to the state for not filing a tax return or making a payment on time. In the afternoon, I would put the tax bills on an Excel spreadsheet. Once it is approve, I will send it to Accounts Payable to integrate into Great Plains and they will schedule payment by the next Friday. Then, depending on the deadline, I process property tax returns in OneSource, review and mail the returns.

My co-workers are great, hard-working, and friendly. I will miss them when I leave.

In the six years I have been at Swisher, I have learned new software packages, updated property tax records to properly file returns with jurisdictions across the nation, and handled multiple sales tax audits.
Pros
Good workplace, friendly people
Cons
they are selling the company to a competitor
Amazing workplace with some of the best co-workers and users I've ever had the pleasure to work with.
IT/Network/IBM/Mobility Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 21, 2015
Swisher is a family owned business and has been in production for over 100+ years. I am very proud to say I am a part of such a stellar organization. I currently work in Information Technology and have never been let down from my immediate co-workers, management and the overall company itself. The IT Dept. has been well equipped with knowledge transfers and always willing to take on someones roll if need be. I am first hand support for the internal executives and field support executives. Everyone here at Swisher has a great attitude and the daily work grind is always full of laughs. Days can be stressful regarding my projects and goals but overall, Swisher is a very enjoyable place to come to everyday.
Pros
Too many to list..
Cons
Healthcare
Experience at Swisher International, Inc.
Cigar Manufacturer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 26, 2014
I enjoyed my tasks as a cigar manufacturer. It was a great opportunity to learn the different levels of processing and manufacturing cigars; as well as gaining knowledge on how to operate forklifts and the electric pallet jack.

There was a cohesiveness among employees and management where everyone helped each other and got along well.
Pros
building skills in warehuse and manufacturing operations
Cons
being laid off indefinitely
Very negative atmosphere.
Machine Operator, Finishing Department (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 24, 2014
I enjoyed my job years ago until new management took over. I worked here for almost thirteen years until recently i was layed off. My job along with many others in the company left and went over seas.
Productive environmentwith aging work force
Finishing Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 27, 2012
I enjoyed the warm family environment at Swisher International.
Pros
excellent benefits and hours.
Cons
aging work force lenghty training program
Worked 20 years for Swisher, 19 record years of sales.
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OklahomaFebruary 23, 2014
I worked for Swisher Int. for 20 years. My territory was half of Oklahoma. I would leave out on Monday morning and work a route that brought me back home on Thursday. I called on everything in my area. I called on store owner, managers, buyers and chain store headquarters. I also call on wholesale accounts and managed our part time employees. My direct boss and I still have a great relationship.I enjoyed being one of the senior reps. because everyone came to me for answers.
Pros
company car, paid vacation.
Cons
put work before family.
very good place to work
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  jacksonville ,floridaJanuary 14, 2015
i would have never have left that job if the company hadnt moved over seas
Pros
great work envioerment great pay
Cons
long drive to work there fpr me
horrible communication, very disorganized company
Sales Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Gaylord, MIJune 19, 2013
This company is very disorganized, I honestly cant believe this company is still around. For what they charge for cleaning restrooms i would just force my employees to clean them and save almost five hundred bucks a month.
N/a
Machine and Fork lift operator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 16, 2014
machine operator, forklift operator and line inspector.
this company is a tobacco manufacturer.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
productive and fun work place
CUC (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 18, 2014
I cleaned machines and made sure they were ready for production.
Pros
co-workers

Want to know more about Swisher International, Inc?

Ask a question
An outstanding work place to presume your career
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 14, 2012
I really enjoyed the working atmosphere and the working ethic of the whole work force.
IT Support/Intern (Former Employee) –  Darien, CTApril 2, 2014
Great Company and office environment, in a good location.

internal and external customers
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 7, 2014
It was a good company to work for. where I did internal and external work.
Pros
goog
Cons
goog

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Swisher International, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4