Swiss Chalet Employee Reviews

Food Sales... yikes
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAAugust 3, 2017
This company sells great products. Their training program was loads of fun. I just worked there during a difficult time in our history. They have since changed ownership.
Chaotic sinking ship
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLJuly 10, 2017
What used to be a fabulous stellar company has become a sinking ship. No products to sell, No marketing, No management, high turnover, favoritism, management by fear.
Pros
there were so many pros before new managment came in
Cons
they don't carry a diverse product selection for a salesperson to make a good living.
Good company
Culinary Sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 14, 2017
This is a good place to work. I enjoyed my time there and would recommend the company to anyone. I look forward to promoting it to others. I would recommend this company.
Unpleasant place to work. No room to advance your career. Clueless Management, grotesque Ownership
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLJuly 13, 2016
Clueless Management with no vision, ruling from a paradigm of fear rather than respect.

Paranoid culture, everyone in fear.

Hostile HR department that is essentially a rubber stamp for Ownership.

The only thing that made the day bearable were excellent colleagues.
Pros
Good work/life balance
Cons
Hostile Ownership/Management/HR Dept.
very fast paced
Chicken cook (Former Employee) –  Barrhaven, OnNovember 11, 2015
I was responsible for a lot of the menu, was a little stressful keeping everything rush ready but manageable. I had a couple employees I didn't enjoy working with so it just ruined the whole experience for me.
This was a temporary position. The supervisor was very rude and non professional.
Materials Manager/Order (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 20, 2015
You work in work in a warehouse picking order for different food companies. The orders that are pick are loaded on to trucks and transported to various customers
Fun workplace, exciting challenges
Cook/Line Work (Current Employee) –  1164 dixon rdApril 18, 2015
every workplace has its pros and cons but the swiss chalet i work at is very corrupt with people which are not qualified to work. Starting form the front of the house to the managers. This needs to change, many of my fellow employees are leaving because of the pressure the managers are giving, no respect for the worker, i can only say this location i will not recommend to anyone
Dishwasher/prep cook (Former Employee) –  Woodland Park, COFebruary 11, 2015
As a dishwasher/ prep cook my daily activities were to help with setting up for dinner service/ preparing salads and desserts for customers as well as the nights i would jump over to the dishpit to clean the dishes and put them away the staff are always friendly and supportive
Pros
good pay
Cons
no healthcare
Accomplished many challenges.
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  RUIDOSO, NEW MEXICODecember 24, 2013
I gained a sense of accomplishment working at the swiss. I had many challenges for which I completed with a sense of pride and recognition.
Family Culture Food Specialty Company
National Brand Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FlAugust 12, 2013
Wonderful family atmosphere where everyone worked together. Great company to work for in the specialty foods industry.
it was a bit strict environment
Human Resources Assistant/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLMay 23, 2013
rigid owners, did not draw lines between family issues and work issues (business was owned by family while employed there)
Pros
learn about the food & beverage industry
Cons
owners were rigid and just too strict
Ok place
CAD (Customer Assistance Desk) (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 30, 2012
Somewhat stressful. Management constantly breathing down your neck.
Euro food!
Regional Culinary Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 27, 2012
Loved selling Haco, Hero, Felchlin! Outstanding products for the decerned Chef!
Pros
great food available
Cons
mom and dad retired, son took over and all went bad.
Top of the line products.
Sales Representative and Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 4, 2012
I enjoyed going out and meeting my customers. I learned different techniques to present the products and educate the customers in making good decisions in buying my products. My co-workers were pleasant. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new people and making friends with my customers.
A great place to start and to gain valuable experience in the field of hospitality
Part-Time Hostess/ Take Out Personnel (Former Employee) –  Swiss Chalet Toronto/ ONJanuary 26, 2012
Swiss Chalet will always have a place in my heart for it was my very first job when I was in high school. Of course, much of my memorable experience is based on the people I worked with, which makes a great difference between locations. The company as a whole at the time, however, was behind on the minimum wage increases at the time. Moreover, the union fees were quite ridiculous considering that they took the same amount of money from your paycheck regardless of the amount of hours you worked. As a student working at the time, a good half or more of my pay could go to union fees if I did not work too many hours in the week due to school work and exams. Needless to say, that was my experience in 2007-2008, things could have changed. My hope is that they change for the better, and for the fairer.
Pros
discount on meals
Cons
too short of a break