Swiss Re Employee Reviews

Working Experience
Data Migration Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSOctober 24, 2017
Focused company and your individual experience increases while employed there. I liked working at the company. I suggest 100% to join in this company if anyone asks my suggestion..
Work life
Vice President - Sr. Risk Consultant (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSAugust 16, 2017
Swiss Re has an excellent approach to work/life balance. It is a good company to work for. Most bosses are well trained and flexible. They tend to reorganize their European operation a lot. That is why I'm on the market.
Pros
Travel
Cons
They tend to reorganize a lot - that is why I'm on the market.
Swiss Re
Senior Treaty Accountant, Special Lines Division (Former Employee) –  Armonk, NYAugust 15, 2017
Had many lay offs. Company grow ever fast. Stong managment. Employees come first. Great workplace culture. Gave back to the community. Love working there.
Pros
Work place culture
Cons
Lots of lays off
intern experience
Risk Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Windsor, CTJune 20, 2017
I liked the people I worked with and my line managers were very helping and experienced. This is the good part. However, the company was in a state of disconnect. At least the project I was involved with was not being provided by the technical assistance that was needed. I was wondering why initiate a project while there is not enough support to do it.
Fun Place
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 8, 2017
Follow ups, and uncovering issues that lay in Policy premium and payments.

I learn a lot about the company and the history.

Hardest part of the job is getting in a grove because not everyday has the same things going as the day before you have to be more flexible in other areas and a team player outside your team. But its a great place and extremely rewarding job .
Did not stay long enough to give feed back
Financial Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Armonk, NYMay 24, 2017
* Long hours - but this is my personality
* Pleasant colleges
* I only stayed for couple of months to provide feedback due to commuting hours was stressful than I expected
Swiss Re
Senior Property Facultative Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMay 10, 2017
My job responsibilities typically included identifying and analyzing significant exposures, developing strong marketing relationships. The most interesting aspect of the job was having the opportunity to review and learn about so many different types of business. The hardest part of the job was learning how to deal with the declining rate environment.
Good company but team really matters.
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Armonk, NYApril 5, 2017
Good company but your experience really depends on the team. Office politics of managing people is another issue. However , most co-workers are nice to work with.
Excellent company
Chief Financial Officer - Life Capital Americas (Current Employee) –  Armonk, NYOctober 5, 2016
World class organization, flexible work environment, engaged management. Overall people are very friendly and willing to help where needed. Very clear mandate from management on executing on the vision of the leadership team.
Sr. Business Analyst................
Sr business analyst (Current Employee) –  Armonk, NYSeptember 1, 2016
Company offers a variety of products and services, including life insurance, property and casualty insurance, mutual funds, annuities, pension and retirement services, real estate brokerage franchises, and through real relocation services. Institutions in addition to programs offered directly to consumers to manage accounts. The online service including obtaining mortgage loan information quotes, making loan payments, managing personal and amortization schedules, obtaining documents, forms, payoff statements, and manage automatic account drafting.
Great working experience!
J2EE Developer (Former Employee) –  Kansas, US / IndiaAugust 8, 2016
Great working experience and learning.
Learnt lots of new J2EE technologies.
Great start as a beginner. People were so nice to work with.
Great job but no advancement.
Logistics Security Access (Current Employee) –  Armonk, NYJune 5, 2016
Work in a great environment also get to meet wonderful people but no room for growth. very busy in certain times of the year. lot of different companies in one building.
Pros
coffee, people and environment
Cons
hours, no room for growth and bad benefits.
Progressive, innovative company with good work/life balance
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Armonk, NYMarch 22, 2016
Creative company with expertise in a number of diverse areas including emerging risks, behavioral economics, and the impact of technological change on the insurance industry.
Good Place to work
Java Technical Lead and Onsite Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  Armonk, NYFebruary 18, 2016
Performing Onsite Lead position with good team.Learned new technologies in order to improve the application usage and provide good application to customer.
Claims Professional
Claims Expert (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJanuary 7, 2016
A typical day at work involves investigation, evaluation, and resolution of claims.

In handling E&S commercial claims, I have learned how many businesses operate. This ranges from theater chains to product manufacturers.
Pros
Very good benefits
Cons
No raises in three years
A typical day entails working on General Ledger related items.
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT - CONTROLLERS GROUP (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 10, 2015
Swiss Re is an excellent place to work, however it is difficult to move to different departments. Positions are currently being outsourced to India.
Pros
The benefits are excellent
Cons
It is hard to move around in the company.
Great colleagues
Big Data & Smart Analytics Lead Americas (Current Employee) –  Armonk, NYOctober 26, 2015
A Swiss boys club, no growth opportunities outside the Zurich headquarter. The major challenge for this firm are internal politics and nonsense bureoucracy.
Good Place to Work
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 21, 2015
A typical day consisted of sorted, and distributed all incoming/outgoing shipments and mail, according to policy and procedure, performing clerical responsibilities, such as copying, filing, and faxing documentation. Welcomed new challenges, worked well with my team as well as other co-workers. Management was easy to get along with.

I learned more about being in the corporate world and how to enhance my skills.
Pros
Gained more experience
Good
UI developer (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSSeptember 14, 2015
excellent to work in this place... fun working and great culture and happy to work their. Good feedback from managers supportive environment
Excellent company to work for and launch your career with!
Vice President, Human Resources (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 9, 2015
Providing a full range of HR services to several business units within a large reinsurance company with off shore locations had its challenges but provided a great learning foundation.

There was never a typical day and that's what made this position exciting. My day always started with a plan or a "to do list" but was quickly altered with the first call of day. I was responsible for recruiting, training, performance management, employee relation issues and policy interpretation.

My co-workers were great and we pitched in whenever help was needed. As for my Management team, they challenged me daily and never accepted anything but the best, educated me on their lines of business and helped shape me into the best HR person I could be.

HR is all about relationship building. I learned this early on and worked hard to nurture the relationships I had and quick built new ones. Working together, as a team, allows you to accomplish your goals, appreciate your successes and learn from your loses.
Pros
People, environment, growth opportunities