Swissotel Employee Reviews

I Loved working at this hotel
FLOOR MANAGER OF HOUSE KEEPING (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 6, 2016
This had to be one of the best hotels I've ever worked for. It was no hard part of my job, my job was amazing the staff was amazing. I enjoyed every moment of this job.
Not worth the money or stress
Front Office (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 25, 2013
Everyone is constantly worried they will lose their job over something whether it be a guest review or a manager that has no clue what is going on.
The schedule is never out more than 3 days in advance and you can't chose your days off, so if you want a life outside of work forget about it.
The managers have no clue what is going on and the sales team can't get groups in to save their lives.
You can be fore than 2 minutes late more than 2 times a month or your fired. So if you have kids or deal with Chicago traffic....your probably gonna lose your job
The employee food is horrific, I personally got sick from it more then a few times.
There is no employee loyalty.
Actually you will work here for the summer and get amazing hours and pay and then when winter hits they will not give you any hours and make your life hell until you quit, get fired for something minor, or get laid off.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no loyalty to employees, should only hire summer temps
Laid back atmosphere
Risk Management Officer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 24, 2012
The same calls come in everyday. The learning curve can be completed within three months. Most of the staff is very helpful and fun to be around with makes it enjoyable. It is nice to meet new guests everyday.
Pros
free lunches, helpful employees
Cons
no room for advancement
I love working in the hospitality industry
Banquet Set-Up (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 13, 2012
I like working in the mornings, because all you do is put out water
Pros
free lunch
Cons
plenty of breaks