Swissport International Ltd. Employee Reviews

Really liked working for swissport
Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILMay 28, 2017
Administrative people were not to well versed in the jobs. People were hired with little to no experience. People that had experience were working under people with less people and task oriented skills.
Pros
Pay was great
Cons
Training
A wonderful experience
Passenger Service Agent/ Jetway Operator (Current Employee) –  JFK AirportMay 28, 2017
Multiple great experiences, interaction with amazing people, and a broad sense of responsibility are just a few of the benefits I received from being a part of Swissports team.
good exprience with customer services
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 27, 2017
On a typical day working on airlines is dealing with different kind of people,and giving a good service.
The part that I like the most is to help others and see a smile .
Pros
every day give help to others
Cons
part-time
Good starter job, great benefits
Cargo Agent (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 25, 2017
I worked here under the old management before they were bought out in April of 2016. So I can't say how things are under the new owners. I do know they have lost some huge contracts & in this business that's not a good thing.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Not willing to pay, bad scheduling, to much bumping heads
hardest youl ever work
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 24, 2017
not recommended for long term you will get back pains arm pains joint pains the management does not work professionally they will take advantage of you.
Pros
the hourly pay is good but not fair
Cons
no benifits
Poor managment
TRAINING SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  East Boston, MAMay 24, 2017
Hours are not flexible, Management could care less of it's employees. Rarely any break time. Management needs to improve on how they treat employees and everything's else.
fun and fast paced
field fuling trainer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 24, 2017
Trugreen is very demanding with the physical part and the mental​ part of the job you have to be in good physical shape cus some days you walk up to 10 miles in one day with 35 residential stops
Fun Workplace
Baggage Handler (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYMay 17, 2017
Fun and exciting workplace. Good job culture. Hard work but if paced right it can be very easy. You work on a team that cares about completing the job at hand.
Make your money and keep your mouth closed.
Fueler (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 17, 2017
Make your money and keep your mouth closed. Duty Managers were ok. Operation Manager typical bull crappers. Some Coworkers were great. Keep your mouth closed and work safely.
check in agent
Avianca customer representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 15, 2017
i learned how to multitask and start a conversation with passengers. A typical day will start out by checking how many bookings we have for each flight and it will end by checking in the last passenger for the flight. Work place is at LAX AIRPORT. The hardest part was to reschedule passengers if there would be a cancelled flight.
Pros
good complements from passengers
Cons
when passengers would be mad at us for a cancelled flight
Air Cargo at its finest
Air Cargo Agent (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 12, 2017
Truly a great stepping stone in my air cargo career. I learned everything i could at this job which gave me the experience needed to grow in this amazing industry
Pros
Fast pace
Cons
Short Breaks
Very active
Ramp Worker/Cabin Service (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 11, 2017
Swissport USA is a very active occupation. Flights come in and go pretty much every hour. You work with a crew to safely and securely load passengers baggage and cargo.
Pros
Breaks vary with the flights you're assigned to.
Cons
Short staff most of the time. Management does little to help their employees.
mail port
Mail Handling Clerk (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 10, 2017
learning different tasks working with an airline is very good some time tried. I was willing to make move into the company and learning to be a team player.
Its a start
Ramp Agent (Current Employee) –  Jfk airportMay 9, 2017
Swissport is not an arline its a ground handling company with no flight benefits. Swissport is an below average job for job hungry people looking for pocket money
Pros
Down time
Cons
Flight come back to back on sat and tuesday
Fast paced environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 8, 2017
Swissport has been a great company to work for. There have been challenges since the acquisition but we all are working hard to move forward. I enjoy working here.
Pros
Multi-national company
Cons
Lack of managing up of staff.
Run if you can!
Lead Office agent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 8, 2017
This was the worst job I ever had! They are completely backwards when it comes to progress. Getting promoted has nothing to do with your knowledge and dedication. It is all about who likes you. The more you learn, the more screwed you get. The management team are spineless pawns that get played by their sorry excuse for employees. I would only recommend this place if you are truly desperate and in need of an income.
Pros
Nothing!
Cons
No breaks, the worst schedules, no room for growth
swis
PASSENGER SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 8, 2017
Inspect and verify passenger documentation. Issue boarding passes and reschedule passengers affected by flight interruptions or cancellations. Manage passenger baggage processing including handling and fee calculation if applicable. Assist passengers as needed through arrival and check in processes including support for passengers with special needs such as unaccompanied minors (UM), VIP passengers and passengers needing wheelchair assistance. Direct passengers through Customs, Immigration, and Quarantine, as required.
Ramp duty manager
Ramp Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 5, 2017
Great work environment with the guys, get to satisfy customers and perform outstanding job performance. Need improvement in providing better 401k plans and health care
Pros
Flight benefits and 4/10 work days
Cons
No healthcare plans for management
Fun working place
Jfk (Former Employee) –  Terminal 4 Queens NYMay 5, 2017
When I was hired to work for Swissport I had a great team that Encourage me to work harder and to gain Leadership Experience. It was a gurling time working in the Summer but it was worth it. Working At Swissport I gained a Team lead Position which I Commanded my own team. I learned a lot and would love to work there Again.
Pros
Discounts on Flights, Going though the Airport for free
Cons
Some Coworkers were lazy
productive work place
Ramp Agent (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 3, 2017
overall the job was good although it was in a factory, the work in which the job required did not meet the pay. The work at times could be difficult a times.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Swissport International Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.

Swissport International Ltd. Reviews by Location