Switchboard Employee Reviews

I liked the phone work
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Paul, MNMay 17, 2017
Once I got used to the companies phone system it went quite well. When someone went to lunch,etc someone needed to be there to take over the phone due to having calls in the queue.
Most enjoyable part of the job
Admissions Assistant (Current Employee) –  Batavia, NYMarch 30, 2017
I enjoy the rewarding experience I have encountered working at Premier Genesee Nursing Home, the feedback from other co-workers and patients makes my job quite pleasurable,
Productive and fun place to work
Communications Lead (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAFebruary 13, 2017
It is a great company to work for. They promote from within a lot so it gives you the opportunity to move around and learn new job set skills. They are an equal opportunity employer.
Fun work place
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 22, 2016
I had a great time working with this company.

I answered phones, separated mail, delivered mail, made copies, made coffee and greeted guests.
Pros
fun environment
Sonic Review
Team Member (Former Employee) –  White Lake, MIMarch 6, 2016
Sonic was a decent job to work at, working the cash register, making drinks for guests working as a barista, and daily cleaning duties. The employees were nice as well.
The group was a great place to work. Sorry to leave.
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAOctober 31, 2015
Insurance is a big business. When I began there, it occupied 4 floors. Twenty-three + years later, working in an office wth 9 floors, branch offices in LA, NE, and CO, and almost 400 people was a challenge, but an exciting one. It was important to know who everyone was, including their department, their job title with a basic idea of their responsibilities, and their floor/branch. From the peons in the Records Library, to the President, every person felt important in this company.

Like most employees there, I began in the Records Library. After a short time,, I began substituting for breaks on the PBX. From records, I went to manual coding of Uni-Pak policies. For a time, I worked with Life marketing. Trying to remember today what I did in all those departments would be a challenge.

Through my years there, I saw many new faces and several phone systems as we grew. For a time there were two full-time operators. As technology advanced and direct-inward-dialing was introduced at the office, I became the full-time PBX operator in 1985. The phones were very busy from opening until closing. But still, there was always one hand free to do multi-tasking. Whether it was collating booklets (for printing), stapling status updates (for Life), or even pairing the yearly tax records for mailing (for Admin), there was an endless number of tasks (for any/all departments) that could be accomplished at the switchboard. My annual favorite was addressing the company Christmas cards. It was a privilege.

Though I had several supervisors in my years there, I liked them
  more... all. It was a great place to work and I was sorry to be leaving. I was disappointed they didn't have an office in FL. But, at the same time, I looked forward to the new chapter in life.  less
Pros
they kept up with technology in phone service !!!
Cons
system accommodated 1000 phone extensions for growth ...LOL
great place to work
Per Diem Operator/ Switchboard/Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Mason, VAOctober 1, 2015
Working at Virginia Mason was a great experience. I loved talking with and assisting patients with questions and concerns. The management was always very supportive.
Pros
great place
Cons
Enjoyed working at the switchboard
District Level Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLSeptember 24, 2015
Checked messages, answered multiphone lines, assisted customers coming into the district office, placed faxes in dept mail boxes. Most enjoyable part of the job was meeting people and talking to people. My co workers were outstanding and loved working with each of them. I learned how to work a switchboard very quickly!
Cons
Only part time position
Fun work place/ Family
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Hoffman EstatesJuly 29, 2015
I was an awesome place to work at. Just wish the pay was there.
Everyone was willing to help out each other.
Even Management
Sucessful business with a different than usual style workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Easton, MDJuly 6, 2015
A very laid back successful small to medium size company with many benefits to offer if you fit the criteria that they are looking for.
Pros
Free lunches, bonuses, early summer schedule
Cons
Assement of education, skills, and abilities a little strange for trying to advance

Want to know more about Switchboard?

Ask a question
Crisis counselor
CRISIS COUNSELOR (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 2, 2015
It gave me great pleasure to help the people in their darkest moments. I helped them to create a safety plan together and if they refused I just listened to them.
Pros
I worked from home and gave me the freedom to be more comfortable.
Cons
You had to be very focused, alert before you wrote anything to client.
Productive and easy going workplace
STUDENT ASSISTANT MAILROOM (Current Employee) –  HIMay 12, 2015
A typical day at work includes answering multiple phone lines and transferring calls, as well as typical office duties. I've learned a lot, such as how to post mark, organize, & distribute mail, and how to operate a switchboard system. It's a comfortable and fun atmosphere, I have great coworkers, and I really enjoy working here.
productive
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  aurora ilMay 7, 2015
I worked independently and reported back to my supervisor probably 3 or 4 times a day for more work or questions. The most enjoyable part of my job was working events down town at the RiverEdge Park.
New Mexico Jr College was a wonderful place to work.
Mail room Clerk/ Switchboard (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, New MexicoFebruary 20, 2015
Answering phones and directing them to the desired dept., also was a mail room for the campus. So I processed all incoming and out going mail.

I learned both phone and mailing skills

Management was wonderful.

Co-workers were wonderful.

No hard part to this job just learning where calls went.

Most enjoyable part of job was working with the people and students.
Pros
People
Exciting
Financial Secretary /Appointment Secretary (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYFebruary 20, 2015
Posting payments, answering switchboard. Cover different practice locations. AR. Obtain referrals from PCP to us. Scheduling appointment and checking people out once their visit was completed with doctor.
Ricoh - Copy, Mail, and Reception
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 17, 2015
Security Badge, Answer Phones, Great Guest, Electronic Invoicing, Records Management, update Site Procedure Guides.
Very easy
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Allen, TXJanuary 7, 2015
Working in switchboard is the most easy work in the world. but also very monotonous and youre gonna need a book because they dont let you on the internet. You answer the incoming call (one or 500) and see what their needs are, transfer, or help as much as you can.
Good Company to work for
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Nelsonville, OHDecember 13, 2014
Great work atmosphere, friendly co-workers. Enjoy customer service.
Pros
Discounted products
Cons
Part-time
Full of open opportunity/
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOSeptember 20, 2014
I have had a wonderful time as a operator. I had the chance of entertaining and indulging with people from all over the world.
Pros
Fun enviroment.
Cons
No health care.
Pleasant workplace.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCAugust 19, 2014
Very busy and fast past switchboard. Keeping up with the doctors call schedule was essential to their daily appointments.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Switchboard. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2