Switchboard Employee Reviews in United States

Sucessful business with a different than usual style workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Easton, MDJuly 6, 2015
A very laid back successful small to medium size company with many benefits to offer if you fit the criteria that they are looking for.
Pros
Free lunches, bonuses, early summer schedule
Cons
Assement of education, skills, and abilities a little strange for trying to advance
Sonic Review
Team Member (Former Employee) –  White Lake, MIMarch 6, 2016
Sonic was a decent job to work at, working the cash register, making drinks for guests working as a barista, and daily cleaning duties. The employees were nice as well.
Beautiful location, Mgmt works well when need time off
Club Accountant Assistant (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, TXJune 17, 2012
Balancing daily sales, opening and sorting mail. Coding Accounts Payable invoices, reconcile vendor statements, helping members and vendors. Hardest part of the job is trying to keep members happy when others fail. The most enjoyable is helping the members see what great benefits they have. Also working with the department heads accomplish their goals. Management has always been good at making me feel valuable. What have I learned? Keep smiling, listen and try to stay calm when things get hectic.
Pros
discounted meals, golf, tennis, workout room, pool and access to 150 other clubs
Cons
continues cut backs
Never a dull momment at WEBB
Data Entry/ Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NHDecember 12, 2013
Working at F.W. WEBB I've learned a lot about time management and Meeting deadlines. The people there are amazing, the very first day I started everyone was very welcoming. Like a lot of companies we have our slow days but for a majority of the time it's very fast paced and busy. It's a great company with great benefits. If I were to change anything it would be to have someone in human resources in the facility and to have at least one female in their management team.
Pros
profit sharing once a year
Cons
management
Good job
Administrative Assistant, Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Carbondale, ILJuly 26, 2013
Enjoy working with this population. Able to advance my training to switchboard. All the employees were great to work with. We handled calls through switchboard totaling 200 per day. Crisis call were routed to the appropriate person. Consumers came to see Nursing staff and Doctors daily. I was responsible for patient flow for nursing staff of 4 and 1 Doctor daily, while running switchboard and handling all traffic through the front desk. Loved it, Left to open business of my own.
Pros
good staff, benefits, customer service
Cons
crisis situations, bomb threats, meetings
Workplace answering phones and taking messages.
Customer Service/Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCNovember 1, 2012
I enjoyed talking to clients and helping them. I had to call technicians for propane services or apartment complexes. I had to fill out death call sheets for funeral homes and call the funeral director on call. Other clients I would have to email or fax information. I loved this job. The hardest part of the job was being there on 12 hour shifts alone but I did it. The most enjoyable part was knowing I was doing an important sevice for so many client.
Pros
dinners
Cons
no health benefits and only paid minimum wage.
great place to work
Per Diem Operator/ Switchboard/Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Mason, VAOctober 1, 2015
Working at Virginia Mason was a great experience. I loved talking with and assisting patients with questions and concerns. The management was always very supportive.
Pros
great place
Cons
Enjoyed working at the switchboard
District Level Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLSeptember 24, 2015
Checked messages, answered multiphone lines, assisted customers coming into the district office, placed faxes in dept mail boxes. Most enjoyable part of the job was meeting people and talking to people. My co workers were outstanding and loved working with each of them. I learned how to work a switchboard very quickly!
Cons
Only part time position
educational
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Trevose,PaAugust 4, 2014
started out in warehouse as a temp. and they bought my contract and employeed me to Parent Headquarters, was respected and welcomed to family functions and treated as family.Great people to work for.
Pros
got benifits and extras
Cons
had to leave due to divorce issues and child care
Fun work place/ Family
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Hoffman EstatesJuly 29, 2015
I was an awesome place to work at. Just wish the pay was there.
Everyone was willing to help out each other.
Even Management
Productive and Nice Place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Covington, KYJuly 18, 2012
Enjoyed working there while I went to school for be a Dental Assistant. Good benefits and nice employees.
Pros
nice place to work
Cons
lay offs were in place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Austin, TexasAugust 14, 2012
Good company to work for. Great benefits, great people, etc.
Pros
good company to work for
Cons
drive time
Crisis counselor
CRISIS COUNSELOR (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 2, 2015
It gave me great pleasure to help the people in their darkest moments. I helped them to create a safety plan together and if they refused I just listened to them.
Pros
I worked from home and gave me the freedom to be more comfortable.
Cons
You had to be very focused, alert before you wrote anything to client.
New Mexico Jr College was a wonderful place to work.
Mail room Clerk/ Switchboard (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, New MexicoFebruary 20, 2015
Answering phones and directing them to the desired dept., also was a mail room for the campus. So I processed all incoming and out going mail.

I learned both phone and mailing skills

Management was wonderful.

Co-workers were wonderful.

No hard part to this job just learning where calls went.

Most enjoyable part of job was working with the people and students.
Pros
people
Productive and easy going workplace
STUDENT ASSISTANT MAILROOM (Current Employee) –  HIMay 12, 2015
A typical day at work includes answering multiple phone lines and transferring calls, as well as typical office duties. I've learned a lot, such as how to post mark, organize, & distribute mail, and how to operate a switchboard system. It's a comfortable and fun atmosphere, I have great coworkers, and I really enjoy working here.
productive
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  aurora ilMay 7, 2015
I worked independently and reported back to my supervisor probably 3 or 4 times a day for more work or questions. The most enjoyable part of my job was working events down town at the RiverEdge Park.
Very good job in general just not the right company for me
TELLER (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ArMay 30, 2014
Went into work at 7:50am worked at switchboard until 12:00pm has a two break, went over to the train branch at 2:00pm worked there as a teller in the drive thru until close which was 6:00pm but I never left until about 6:30 depending on the day. My morning shift I didn't really work with anyone, it was just me at my desk. My job as a teller I enjoyed much more because I was able to talk and connect with people and work side by side with my co-workers. The most enjoyable part of my job was being a teller in the evening, I love talking and helping people.
Pros
busy branch
Cons
morning shift being alone at my desk
Ricoh - Copy, Mail, and Reception
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 17, 2015
Security Badge, Answer Phones, Great Guest, Electronic Invoicing, Records Management, update Site Procedure Guides.
Bayhealth Medical Center
Answering Service Operator (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEMay 27, 2013
My typical day as a switchboard operator consisted of answering phones, paging doctors and hospital staff, working with the supervisor on employee schedules and training and taking care of pager issues.

From my supervisor I learned my supervisory skills. How to be firm but fair and how sometimes employees have to be let go. I learned to really be a part of a team and not think so much of individual accomplishments. I also learned to be more outgoing.

My co-workers are all wonderful people. They are very supportive of each other. Management was not always available. They believed more in micro-managing. I have always felt management needs to be hands on more often to really know what is going on in their dept.

The hardest part of my job was when patients call the answering service and would get upset with us that their doctor was not on call. I have had patients beg and plead with me and even curse at me because we could not page their doctor. Sometimes we would get yelled at by a doctor for breaking his protocol but unfortunately sometimes it was necessary.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to get a patient to their doctor or another doctor who could help them.
Exciting
Financial Secretary /Appointment Secretary (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYFebruary 20, 2015
Posting payments, answering switchboard. Cover different practice locations. AR. Obtain referrals from PCP to us. Scheduling appointment and checking people out once their visit was completed with doctor.

4.2