Switchboard Employee Reviews

Sucessful business with a different than usual style workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee), Easton, MDJuly 6, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, bonuses, early summer schedule
Cons: Assement of education, skills, and abilities a little strange for trying to advance
A very laid back successful small to medium size company with many benefits to offer if you fit the criteria that they are looking for.
Crisis counselor
CRISIS COUNSELOR (Current Employee), Miami, FLJuly 2, 2015
Pros: I worked from home and gave me the freedom to be more comfortable.
Cons: You had to be very focused, alert before you wrote anything to client.
It gave me great pleasure to help the people in their darkest moments. I helped them to create a safety plan together and if they refused I just listened to them.
Productive and easy going workplace
STUDENT ASSISTANT MAILROOM (Current Employee), HIMay 12, 2015
A typical day at work includes answering multiple phone lines and transferring calls, as well as typical office duties. I've learned a lot, such as how to post mark, organize, & distribute mail, and how to operate a switchboard system. It's a comfortable and fun atmosphere, I have great coworkers, and I really enjoy working here.
productive
Data Entry (Former Employee), aurora ilMay 7, 2015
I worked independently and reported back to my supervisor probably 3 or 4 times a day for more work or questions. The most enjoyable part of my job was working events down town at the RiverEdge Park.
New Mexico Jr College was a wonderful place to work.
Mail room Clerk/ Switchboard (Former Employee), Hobbs, New MexicoFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: people
Answering phones and directing them to the desired dept., also was a mail room for the campus. So I processed all incoming and out going mail.

I learned both phone and mailing skills

Management was wonderful.

Co-workers were wonderful.

No hard part to this job just learning where calls went.

Most enjoyable part of job was working with the people and students.
Exciting
Financial Secretary /Appointment Secretary (Former Employee), Williamsville, NYFebruary 20, 2015
Posting payments, answering switchboard. Cover different practice locations. AR. Obtain referrals from PCP to us. Scheduling appointment and checking people out once their visit was completed with doctor.
Ricoh - Copy, Mail, and Reception
Receptionist (Current Employee), Madison, WIFebruary 17, 2015
Security Badge, Answer Phones, Great Guest, Electronic Invoicing, Records Management, update Site Procedure Guides.
Very easy
Cashier (Former Employee), Allen, TXJanuary 7, 2015
Working in switchboard is the most easy work in the world. but also very monotonous and youre gonna need a book because they dont let you on the internet. You answer the incoming call (one or 500) and see what their needs are, transfer, or help as much as you can.
Good Company to work for
Receptionist (Current Employee), Nelsonville, OHDecember 13, 2014
Pros: discounted products
Cons: part-time
Great work atmosphere, friendly co-workers. Enjoy customer service.
Full of open opportunity/
Customer Service (Former Employee), Columbia, MOSeptember 20, 2014
Pros: fun enviroment.
Cons: no health care.
I have had a wonderful time as a operator. I had the chance of entertaining and indulging with people from all over the world.
Pleasant workplace.
Operator (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCAugust 19, 2014
Very busy and fast past switchboard. Keeping up with the doctors call schedule was essential to their daily appointments.
educational
Receptionist (Former Employee), Trevose,PaAugust 4, 2014
Pros: got benifits and extras
Cons: had to leave due to divorce issues and child care
started out in warehouse as a temp. and they bought my contract and employeed me to Parent Headquarters, was respected and welcomed to family functions and treated as family.Great people to work for.
Very good job in general just not the right company for me
TELLER (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ArMay 30, 2014
Pros: busy branch
Cons: morning shift being alone at my desk
Went into work at 7:50am worked at switchboard until 12:00pm has a two break, went over to the train branch at 2:00pm worked there as a teller in the drive thru until close which was 6:00pm but I never left until about 6:30 depending on the day. My morning shift I didn't really work with anyone, it was just me at my desk. My job as a teller I enjoyed much more because I was able to talk and connect with people and work side by side with my co-workers. The most enjoyable part of my job was being a teller in the evening, I love talking and helping people.
very laid back and willing to work with you if you needed off
Shelby Medical Associates (Former Employee), Shelby NCApril 5, 2014
Pros: free lunch, bonuses
Cons: sitting for long period of times
A normal day would be answering phones and scheduling appointments for about 8 to 10 doctors. Taking messages. The hardest part of the job was trying to make everyone happy, the patient, the nurses and the doctors. I enjoyed talking to the patients and had a great working relationship with the employees.
Never a dull momment at WEBB
Data Entry/ Receiving Clerk (Current Employee), Amherst, NHDecember 12, 2013
Pros: profit sharing once a year
Cons: management
Working at F.W. WEBB I've learned a lot about time management and Meeting deadlines. The people there are amazing, the very first day I started everyone was very welcoming. Like a lot of companies we have our slow days but for a majority of the time it's very fast paced and busy. It's a great company with great benefits. If I were to change anything it would be to have someone in human resources in the facility and to have at least one female in their management team.
Workplace
Tranfer client calls to eligibility workers (Former Employee), Greenville, MSOctober 16, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
A typical day at work is maintaining a positive attitude and tone of voice. I learned how to ignore clients negative attitude, and bad language when they can not seem to catch their worker in his/her office. The co- workers were all respectful and friendly. The hardest part of the job is getting clients to understand that the switchboard only transfer calls and can not access any part of their records for any information. The most enjoyable part of the job is being more and more professional in the workplace, because you have to remain positive and smile.
Novell was a good place to work. good money and benefits
Customer Service Operator/Travel expense reports (Former Employee), Provo, UTOctober 7, 2013
Pros: good money and growth with company
Cons: nothing
Novell good place to work and to grow with company. I liked it a lot
but after 2 years new i needed to be home with my young children back then.
Interesting
Appointment Clerk (Former Employee), Tupelo, MSSeptember 4, 2013
Cardiology Associates
the hardest part of the job & the most enjoyable part of the job is working with the public
Good job
Administrative Assistant, Records Clerk (Former Employee), Carbondale, ILJuly 26, 2013
Pros: good staff, benefits, customer service
Cons: crisis situations, bomb threats, meetings
Enjoy working with this population. Able to advance my training to switchboard. All the employees were great to work with. We handled calls through switchboard totaling 200 per day. Crisis call were routed to the appropriate person. Consumers came to see Nursing staff and Doctors daily. I was responsible for patient flow for nursing staff of 4 and 1 Doctor daily, while running switchboard and handling all traffic through the front desk. Loved it, Left to open business of my own.
Switchboard