- Experience building client side web applications (single page web apps, RIA)
- Experience with single page web app design / frameworks
- Cross browser development techniques
- Test driven development
- Experience designing asynchronous APIs
- Solid understanding of debugging techniques
- Cross browser HTML/CSS development
Nice to have:
- Experience with third-party JS development (3PJS, OPPJS)
- Familiar with cross-domain techniques
- Open-source project contributions
- MongoDB Experience
- Backend development in Java or Ruby on Rails
- NodeJS / NPM
Tools we use:
- The opportunity to stretch and be awesome.
- A top-notch product organization with great people you can learn from.
- Cheap stock options in a growing startup with a very experienced team. We have a dozen startups under our belts with many big exits.
- Competitive salary and full benefits.
- The best workstation setup you’ve seen: top-of-the-line Mac, triple monitors, height-adjustable desk, Embody chair.
- Help relocating to the Boston area.
What we look for in everyone:
- Ambition to make things awesome, not just good enough.
- Positive attitude and desire to work with great people.
- A hunger to learn and grow.
Work at Swoop
We are a small team in a well-funded startup changing the way advertising affects 100+M people every week. We are looking for passionate people who love startup life and care about user experience, customer development, working with a diverse group of smart & experienced people, and having fun every day.
Online advertising powers the free Web. On average, it sucks but it doesn't have to. At Swoop we value user experience, which is why we have created search-centric programmatic advertising that consumers enjoy engaging with. We value results, which is why we significantly outperform traditional advertising alternatives. We also value simplicity, which makes us very easy to do business with.
We've mastered the Feng Shui of our workspace: whiteboards everywhere, natural light with no glare, height-adjustable desks, triple monitors and the fastest MacBooks money can buy. We didn’t want to spend our time commuting so we picked an office location that’s very easy to get to. We are next to the Alewife stop on the red line and an easy drive on Route 2. There are many restaurants in the area and our building has the best cafeteria we know of, short of the one at the Googleplex. It's run by Whole Foods. Stop by. The burritos are on us.