Swope Health Services Employee Reviews in United States

Great Place to Work
Adult CPRP Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 17, 2015
Working for SHS is a pleasure. There is a nice balance of hard work and fun with co-workers. The management does work to improve identified areas of concern by employees.
Swope
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 29, 2015
I enjoyed working with Swope Health Services for many years. The company was easy to work for and I was promoted based on my quality of work multiple times of the 9 years working for them.
My day
Call Center Operator (Current Employee) –  Kansas city, moJune 23, 2015
I enjoy working in medical because I truly enjoy helping others.
Management is great as they are willing to work with you and help you with whatever obstacles you are facing and employees are such a great team to work with because they are a team. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping
swopeb health
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 27, 2015
room patient
prepare rooms
give injections
take money pay patients accounts
front office work
back office work
the hardest part was getting use to the patients and there specific needs.
the most enjoyable part of my job was making patients feel welcome and feel comfortable and giving them confidence in me; as a medical assistant.
Pros
making the patient comfortable
Cons
being a PRN and not full time employee
Receptionist
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 7, 2015
- Answered telephones
-Scheduled appointments
-Put together medical records
-Assisted dental assistant
-Answered patient questions
Had great Colleaggues. Fairly professionally operated
Program Manager and clinician (Former Employee) –  Eastwood Traffic Way Kansas City MissouriMarch 1, 2015
8:30 to 5:00 Saw walk ins and appointments for both substance abuse and case management services. Did 3 substance abuse groups weekly and individuals for about 8 to 16 clients at a time. The rest was homeless case management services for the chronically mostly inner city homeless population. Had 22 Shelter Plus Care clients that I case managed. Each clinician had an intake day were all we did from 8:30 to 3:30 was intakes. Had good if sparse supervision and great co-workers. We really worked well as a team.

The most difficult part was organization because we had so many different tasks that we were responsible for it was hard keeping track and organizing our schedule to get everything done in an appropriate fashion.

The most gratifying part was when we got someone housed or I saw large improvement in my substance abuse clients.
Pros
fairly generous benefits and days off.
Cons
sometimes chaotic processes
Productive and fast paced environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 19, 2015
A great place for experience and wonderful co workers. I loved it.
Love the one stop shopping
Case Manager/Hospital Diversion/DM (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 13, 2014
Has all the needed things in one place. I loved working with the people
Pros
pay
Cons
people are rude at times
Fun and productive
Medical Assistant Extern (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 9, 2014
Interviewed and took patient history and maintained medical records.
Assisted physician with examination and treatment.
Obtained Vital Signs.
Collected and processed specimens
Pros
nice patients
Cons
getting cussed out by patients
unorganized
clinic manager (Current Employee) –  Riverside, MOAugust 16, 2014
dont expect support or advocacy from these people. They also use retaliation in the workplace.
Pros
fliexible
Cons
no matter how hard you work it is not hard enough.
Need to get new management team.
CMA/Administrative Assistant Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 23, 2014
Everybody wanted to be the boss. Not enough Indians and too many chiefs. Loved my co-workers.
Pros
loved working with the public and being able to help the patients!!
Cons
everybody wanted to be the boss and no one had the knowledge really for the position!
Terrible Environment
Community Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 10, 2014
A chaotic place to be in with poor management. The client is a source of money for the company. As a CSS I have to make a required amount of billing each week. There is a high school environment of gossip and rude people. We have to clock in and clock out. If you complain you will not go far in this company. Most people that say something get fired or moved to another job. The clients aren't served the right way! The staff argue and talk about each other which is terrible. This is a dead end job.
Pros
helping some clients
Cons
the upper management make corporate level six figure salaries and the css's barely eat
poor work environment
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 6, 2014
This company doesnt offer proper training for the daily necessary tasks asked of you as an employee.
The Culture can be extremly poor alot of the time.
Co workers are unfriendly / unkind
Hardest part of this job is being likable not being educated or properly trained for daily business needs.
The most enjoyable part of this job is the catered lunch / breakfast when meeting with CEO's or higher managment/ benefits
Cons
poor work environment, no motivation, no support as team members
great environment
Case Manager/Childrens Unit (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 6, 2014
great place to work with children and staff. I would recommend anyone to work for this organization in Kansas City who love children and working with the community
its a job
Certified Pharmacy tech (Current Employee) –  kansas cityDecember 4, 2013
this was a good place to work but needs more structure, jfjkdkdlsjfjfjvnnvnjfllfjfjirojfjjfkd
Great place to work, too many changes
Community Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 5, 2013
I loved working here, but felt like they were doing too much changing and it was taking a toll on my personal life. I also felt like they were holding alot of things over their worker's heads because they gave raises and didn't really want to but knew they had to for retnetion purposes. I worked with children and families. The benefits were great for families and this company has a great amount of influence in the community.
Pros
benefits, co-workers, pay, flexibility
Cons
management
Nice work environment
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City MoMarch 19, 2013
Serve as a key member of a health care team for busy medical practices. Assist Physician in ensuring optimal patient care and smooth daily functioning of office.
Key results:
• Responsibilities cover recording vital signs on patients, performing venipunctures and lab processing on adults and children for Lab Corp and Quest Diagnostics.
• EMR and ECW.
• Triage patients determining the priority of patients treatment needs.
• Demonstrated strong leadership skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a high volume area.
• Demonstrated courteous and professional behavior and ability to use good judgment and decision making relative to all situations.
Productive fast-paced environment providing care to medically underserved population of varying ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds.
Lead Clinic Nurse, Prompt Care Clinic (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 31, 2013
With in this clinic position I developed my leadership style. I utilized department resources-both people and equipment to get the job completed. In a fast-paced environment it is a must to be an effective multi-tasker and a take charge leader that involves every member of your team utilizing their skill sets. There is also a requirement to be a perceptive individual with the ability to quickly assess patient conditions and determine the appropriate escalations. I developed astute problem solving skills. First, identifying the problem and then forming a clear view of what a good solution or outcome would like. Utilizing these skills is what made my position so enjoyable. I also like knowing that I made a difference in the lives of the patients I provided care for.
Pros
fast-paced weekday position
Cons
very few or no breaks
Fun company that shows a big family enviroment.
Medical Records Clerk/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 22, 2012
Everyone works hard to insure the patients is services to the best services and in a timely manner. All departments work together to run the clinic to the best for the community needs.
Productive and fun Workplace with a ping pong table
Counselor's Aide (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 27, 2012
Interpersonal relationship interaction, the learning process was always stay watchful and proceded with caution. the greatest joy knowing a person can and willing achived sobriety
Pros
free lunch, independently operate center
Cons
no sercurity staff on campus