Swope Health Services Employee Reviews

Not For Me
Day Treatment Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 30, 2018
This was not a good environment for me, the hours were too long and the work too difficult. They just kept expecting more of me than I had to give, but it was a good growth experience.
supportive and passionate employees
Community Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 16, 2018
Management is very supportive and answers all questions I come up with. The employees are very passionate about what they do. The environment is welcoming and nonjudgemental.
Lile it
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 9, 2018
It's fun. I enjoy doing what I do. They appreciate your hard work. Easy to get along with other team members. Love each and every patient that I see on the daily.
Enjoyable
Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 22, 2017
This is one of the very best companies to work for, very homey environment and I love dealing with the different patients and learning each and everyday not to take a job for granted.
Great pay Great potential
Behavioral Health QMHP - Housing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 25, 2017
Swope offers great benefits and pay. There is opportunity for advancement if you are a hard worker. There are also issues with management, HR/consistency and professionalism, and unethical practices that have a negative impact on what could be a great place to work.
Love Swope Health
Registered Nurse and MSN Student (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 7, 2017
Very rewarding and fulfilling place to work. It is a Federally Qualified Health Center and offers patients a lot of great services. I recommend SHS as an employer and a health care facility.
Learning and very productive.
Medical Assistant/PSR (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 1, 2017
Getting clinic ready for patients and provider. Check all daily logs and supplies, check all fax, and referrals. Open clinic for the day to allow patient flow to start for provider.
Pros
Swope is a constant learning and teaching comapny.
Cons
Part time employes are not given any benefits after working and be dedicated to company for years.
nice place to work
LPN (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 28, 2017
Great place if you want to have diversity in your life. management does feel that they are above you and try to belittle you. doctors are good to get along with. all the good ones are gone.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
not good with taking sick time
Patient Service Representative/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 27, 2017
It is super busy all the time. It is understaffed. The managers do not care about you and have no compassion, very unfair. The patients are rude and lack patience.
Productive workplace
Community Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 28, 2017
Swope is a high paced work environment. Employees must have time-management and organizational skills. Employee must be a team player but also be able to work alone
Decent place. Consumers need much help
Clinic Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 13, 2017
A good place to learn from many aspects of the health care field. Has a plethora of clinics that one can work in, from Behavioral Health, adult med, to pediatrics.
Pros
Great learning environemnt
Cons
To many chiefs...
Swope Health Services was a very hostile enviroment to work on
Community Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 11, 2017
verbally and emotional abused by coworkers and management. When asked during meeting what concerns there were the response from management was that if employees did not like whatever the concern was that the director, her self, would state that there are a stack of applications on her desk and they were glad to show you the door.
Pros
make your own schedule
Cons
verbal abuse by managers and directors
Terrible company to work for
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 29, 2017
This company does not appreciate their employees at all. They work you to death and don't compensate you well. You could work there for 20 years and never make more than 40,000/year.
Cons
terrible management, there is always patients fighting in the lobby, the doctors don't treat patients well, and senior management is too busy fighting with eachother to notice what is going on at the clinics
Great for the Communitiy
Director - Ancillary Services (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 13, 2017
Great services to people that can't afford healthcare and need it.

Challenging in that there is not a great understanding of "best practice"

Much potential
Pros
Feel good about helping the less fortunate
Cons
Haven't kept time with current healthcare requirements
Exhausting and Over Worked
Community Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 30, 2016
I enjoyed working with my clients and their families. There is no consistency between supervisors. As a CSS you are expected to work with your client but you need to focus on getting your units because this is how SHS gets paid by Medicaid. The QMHP's will slap a diagnosis on a child to get them in the program even if they don't need to be or the child is acting out behaviorally from lack of parenting. SHS could have a great program for these kids but they just focus on the money.
Pros
Working with clients, pay.
Cons
Stressful work environment.
Loved it!!!
Patient Service Representative (PSR) (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMay 4, 2016
I still have an amazing relationship with my managers from Swope. It is an amazing company to work for. I was proud to say I worked for them and helped the people I did! They became a family to me and even 2 years after I left I still have an amazing relationship with everyone at the clinic I worked for!
Pros
Family oriented, organized, professional
Cons
Pay
Community Support Specialist
Community Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 8, 2015
Manage and advocate for 15-25 mental and physical at-risk consumers in the greater Kansas City area.
Assist Consumers with creating and achieving personal, wellness and career goals
Monitor participation in organized treatment programs
Train, coach and support daily living, hygiene and social skills to increase independence
Facilitate, Organize and assist with developing psycho-social/clinical assessments to reinforce goals and success
Organize and interpret data for presentations, Data Entry, medical billing
Create crisis intervention plans for highly intensive consumers
Cons
Everyone was overworked and had unrealistic deadlines.
Great Place to Work
Adult CPRP Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 17, 2015
Working for SHS is a pleasure. There is a nice balance of hard work and fun with co-workers. The management does work to improve identified areas of concern by employees.
Swope
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 29, 2015
I enjoyed working with Swope Health Services for many years. The company was easy to work for and I was promoted based on my quality of work multiple times of the 9 years working for them.
My day
Call Center Operator (Current Employee) –  Kansas city, moJune 23, 2015
I enjoy working in medical because I truly enjoy helping others.
Management is great as they are willing to work with you and help you with whatever obstacles you are facing and employees are such a great team to work with because they are a team. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping