Sycuan Casino Employee Reviews

Love it there
Slot Tech (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 13, 2017
Everyone that works there is nice and customers u tend to are easy going. Team leaders are very responsive to situations.great environment to work.great place
Fun place to work.
Slot Server (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 5, 2017
Always your typical day at work.
Not at all challenging.
Management wasn't very helpful.
Hardest part of my job was not having the tools I needed.
Your opinion didn't matter.
Has potential to be fun. Good management, low pay
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  El Cajon, CAApril 5, 2017
In general, the people and job can be fun. They hire anyone to fill vacancies whether they do the job or not. Pay is very low for the work that you do and sometimes the people that are encountered and dealt with.
Pros
Employees for the most part
Cons
Very low pay
Great work opportunities
Surveillance Investigator (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAApril 3, 2017
This company has many areas any one can work in.
Competitive benefits package.
The hardest part is when you are working on the front line and in the smoke.
It will be great in a couple of years when the expansion and hotel at built. More opportunities.
productive and fun workplace
Banquet Captain (Current Employee) –  El Cajon, CAMarch 27, 2017
the small property allows me to work in different departments and getting to know all aspects of the business. Department is small so its like a family, everyone knows everyone.
Pros
free parking, discounted golfing
Cons
not enough hours
No complaints
Production Cook (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 25, 2017
This a great place to work and would recommend anyone to work here.The benefits are fantastic and people are very helpful...........a great place to be.
work
Food & Beverage Utility Busser and Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CA 92019March 9, 2017
typical day at work is standing all day repeatedly assemblying shocks for off road racing vehicles putting together 100 plus shocks together a day 10 hour shifts
Worked at the Resort
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 22, 2017
100 room hotel with small team. Perfect place to learn if you want to learn about the hotel industry with a golf course and small banquet space.
Disconnected
Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  El Cajon, CAFebruary 21, 2017
The Hr people are living in a different world than the managers and the managers are constantly ignoring valid complaints from workers. work/life is near impossible at sycuan.
Pros
Good co workers, free water
Cons
too many to list. once they smell that you can work, beware they will work you to the bone.
Management kept moral up and advancement possible
Revenue Audit Clerk (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAFebruary 1, 2017
Management was good about offering educational classes, training and informational packets. They were flexible regarding schedules and were open to suggestions and encouraged employees to find new and better ways to do daily tasks.

The culture at Sycuan was very warm and friendly. Departments worked at communicating effectively and it was a nice place to work.

The hardest part of the job was during an audit and pulling files in a huge warehouse. That could be a needle in a haystack as files were being moved as operations expanded.

I was asked to participate in committees including being a part of the team that created the Ethics Policy for Sycuan Casino and gave a speech at the mandatory Town Hall meeting for all employees 4 years in a row.
Pros
Knowledgeable and personable coworkers and management.
Cons
Unexpected long hours or moving heavy equipment.
Coworker's are very friendly.
Attendant (Current Employee) –  El Cajon, CADecember 28, 2016
It's a pretty good job that has great benefits, though management could use some help. seems like employees feel stuck in their positions when they have trouble.
Pros
Free holiday food
Cons
Barely any breaks
nice environment
Cashier and Server (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CASeptember 26, 2016
• Greeting external guests in a friendly and courteous manner
• Multitasking – Able to serve more than one customer at a time and handle multiple tasks
• Cash handling, credit cards, and a cash register
• Responsible for taking the guests orders, keeping them organized, and timing the course of service for the guests
Fast Pace Work Environment
VALET (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CASeptember 9, 2016
When working at a casino the level of accuracy is key! It was very fast pace and you are constantly moving. You had to make sure that each and every people that came in and out were 100% satisfied with there experience. The team of people I worked with always looked out for one another. Especially the management, they help you when it was needed. Some of the hardest times were trying to make everyone happy, but I made it my personally goal to. I enjoyed all the people I got to meet and help everyday.
Pros
set schedule
Cons
hard to move up
good company
Server (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAAugust 12, 2016
Good company and benefits. Too bad they have poor management. Dual rates are rude and vulgar. Constant harassment goes on and nothing is done about it. And if you stick up for yourself you get canned.
benefits
Cons
no breaks, unpaid lunches, poor management, favoritism, smoking envirronment
Fun, friendly, energetic, great pay and excellent benefits, opportunities to advance, gain experience, and amazing coworkers.
Administrative assistance/payroll clerk (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CA 92019March 14, 2016
I started as a Club Sycuan Representative (guest service) in 2003. I enjoyed greeting our guest and assisting them with food comps, shows, promotions, and bingo packages. I enjoyed my job and had fun with it. Thanks to our management and supervisors, that gave us all the training and skills (tools) to do an exceptional job. Working to make people happy was something I loved. We were a great team player in my department, we all got along. I was promoted four years later to the marketing department as an Administrative assistance and payroll clerk. I was well trained by great supervisor. I eventually was managing payroll for 130 employees and the experience I grain in was valuable. Sycuan was one of my favorite jobs. Sycuan is a great company to work for.
Pros
Great pay, incentive program, free training, good personal time off package, free shuttles, good personal time off package, two 15 minutes breaks and 30 minutes lunch, discount on shows and lunches, bonuses, and you get to meet great people.
Cons
Smoking environment
Accounting Specialist (Current Employee) –  El Cajon, CAFebruary 28, 2016
Good culture, friendly environment. I like how everyone works as a team. We're all in this together and we all support each other.
It is a fast environment
Slot Supervisor (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CADecember 10, 2015
typical day of work would be starting with scheduling. I learned different skills at Sycuan, such as machines functionalities. The hardest part of the job was difficult guest at times
fast paced
Slot Technician (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CANovember 16, 2015
This location was great to work at as long as you did not get noticed. If a supervisor was threatened by anyones work ethic they would create write-ups for employees to lower conduct scores.
Pros
overnight hours, great coworkers
Cons
poor management style
Was not a healthy environment
Emergency Medical Technician/Security (Former Employee) –  CANovember 7, 2015
Was difficult working in the smoking environment. The only shift available was graveyard shift. Was nice to work in the security department doing Emergency Medical Technician work at the same time.
lots of fun
HOUSE-KEEPING/UTILITY SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAOctober 30, 2015
working with employees shoulder to shoulder train and coach and help . work to increase sale .following all my daily duties like cleaning organizing .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sycuan Casino. Our community is ready to answer.

Sycuan Casino Reviews by Location