Sycuan Casino Employee Reviews

nice environment
Cashier and Server (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CASeptember 26, 2016
• Greeting external guests in a friendly and courteous manner
• Multitasking – Able to serve more than one customer at a time and handle multiple tasks
• Cash handling, credit cards, and a cash register
• Responsible for taking the guests orders, keeping them organized, and timing the course of service for the guests
Fast Pace Work Environment
VALET (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CASeptember 9, 2016
When working at a casino the level of accuracy is key! It was very fast pace and you are constantly moving. You had to make sure that each and every people that came in and out were 100% satisfied with there experience. The team of people I worked with always looked out for one another. Especially the management, they help you when it was needed. Some of the hardest times were trying to make everyone happy, but I made it my personally goal to. I enjoyed all the people I got to meet and help everyday.
Pros
set schedule
Cons
hard to move up
good company
Server (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAAugust 12, 2016
Good company and benefits. Too bad they have poor management. Dual rates are rude and vulgar. Constant harassment goes on and nothing is done about it. And if you stick up for yourself you get canned.
benefits
Cons
no breaks, unpaid lunches, poor management, favoritism, smoking envirronment
Fun, friendly, energetic, great pay and excellent benefits, opportunities to advance, gain experience, and amazing coworkers.
Administrative assistance/payroll clerk (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CA 92019March 14, 2016
I started as a Club Sycuan Representative (guest service) in 2003. I enjoyed greeting our guest and assisting them with food comps, shows, promotions, and bingo packages. I enjoyed my job and had fun with it. Thanks to our management and supervisors, that gave us all the training and skills (tools) to do an exceptional job. Working to make people happy was something I loved. We were a great team player in my department, we all got along. I was promoted four years later to the marketing department as an Administrative assistance and payroll clerk. I was well trained by great supervisor. I eventually was managing payroll for 130 employees and the experience I grain in was valuable. Sycuan was one of my favorite jobs. Sycuan is a great company to work for.
Pros
Great pay, incentive program, free training, good personal time off package, free shuttles, good personal time off package, two 15 minutes breaks and 30 minutes lunch, discount on shows and lunches, bonuses, and you get to meet great people.
Cons
Smoking environment
Accounting Specialist (Current Employee) –  El Cajon, CAFebruary 28, 2016
Good culture, friendly environment. I like how everyone works as a team. We're all in this together and we all support each other.
It is a fast environment
Slot Supervisor (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CADecember 10, 2015
typical day of work would be starting with scheduling. I learned different skills at Sycuan, such as machines functionalities. The hardest part of the job was difficult guest at times
fast paced
Slot Technician (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CANovember 16, 2015
This location was great to work at as long as you did not get noticed. If a supervisor was threatened by anyones work ethic they would create write-ups for employees to lower conduct scores.
Pros
overnight hours, great coworkers
Cons
poor management style
Was not a healthy environment
Emergency Medical Technician/Security (Former Employee) –  CANovember 7, 2015
Was difficult working in the smoking environment. The only shift available was graveyard shift. Was nice to work in the security department doing Emergency Medical Technician work at the same time.
lots of fun
HOUSE-KEEPING/UTILITY SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAOctober 30, 2015
working with employees shoulder to shoulder train and coach and help . work to increase sale .following all my daily duties like cleaning organizing .
Slot Server (Current Employee) –  El Cajon, CaliforniaOctober 25, 2015
Sycuan Casino offers so much to their employees. Sycuan is a great casino that treats guest and their employees very well. Working at Sycuan teaches you how to talk and communicate with all kinds of people. Hard work is also recognized and praised.
Pros
Great benefits, people, staff
productive and fun
Employment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAOctober 22, 2015
always busy always hiring lot's of paperwork and high volume of calls everyday always calling to setup interviews and accepting walk-ins as much as possible
Pros
close to home
Cons
no breaks
fun place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CaAugust 30, 2015
overall good experience and enjoyable place to work. Lack of growth and politics at the top made things difficult at times.
Standard casino security
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAJuly 27, 2015
Run chip fills, protect casino assets, handle guest concerns, perform security checks both interior and exterior, provide excellent customer service
Very productive and fun atmosphere
Customer Service Operator (Current Employee) –  El Cajon, CAJuly 12, 2015
this a great place to start a career, the team members are great everyone is family and they are very welcoming, You will always find someone new that works here and also meet new guest
My first love
CAGE CASHIER (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 2, 2015
The Marriott was a very nice place to work. I started as night auditor and then went to work as there General Cashier. After about 6 months my manger came to me and asked if I was interested being a Account Receivable Clerk and I said yes. By knowing more than two or more areas of accounting I became a Senor Accounting Clerk. The work are was nice and all of us got along. The management team was always great always willing to leaned a hand.
Pros
Was able to learn alot and more up in the company.
Cons
Having to leave and go to another job.
Good place!
Valet Attendant (Current Employee) –  El CajonMay 19, 2015
They have great benefits and great pay in any department!
A ton of growth and betterment!
Helpful staff!
24 Hour operation!
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service Operator (Current Employee) –  El Cajon, CAMay 16, 2015
The Environment is great, the managers and very helpful and understanding, You meet a lot of interesting new people, theres never a dull moment
Productive and an awesome place to work at
Slot Floor Technician (Current Employee) –  El Cajon, CAMay 14, 2015
Most enjoyable part of the job is working with all the fine people and getting to meet the guest and of course the "Regulars"
Pros
Fun and Exciting
Cons
smoke enviroment
Attrition is a Beautiful Thing!
HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST (TEMPORARY) (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAMay 12, 2015
When the objective is not the business and ROI new people need to be infused. Either the "dead on the job" will come alive to compete or be replace by the new competitor who has business and ROI on their mind.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Bad Management
Productive and Fun work Environment
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAMarch 27, 2015
i would generally start my shift on the half hour, usually graveyard. My job was to maintain a cash drawer of 100,000 dollars including chips and foreign money. It was also my duty to provide excellent customer service to the guest i'm waiting on so they enjoy their visit in hopes to come back one day! My co-workers were AMAZING! we all stuck together and got what we needed to do done! The Hardest part of the job was to maintain a fast work environment and be friendly at the same time. It can be done. I really enjoyed seeing the smiles on the guest face when they hit a big jackpot, it always made me smile. They could really work on management there. i seen quiet a bit of favoritism in my time being there.
Pros
we had 2 consecutive days off and set hours
Cons
graveyard

Sycuan Casino Reviews by Location