Sycuan Casino Employee Reviews

Coworker's are very friendly.
Attendant (Current Employee) –  El Cajon, CADecember 28, 2016
It's a pretty good job that has great benefits, though management could use some help. seems like employees feel stuck in their positions when they have trouble.
Pros
Free holiday food
Cons
Barely any breaks
good company
Server (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAAugust 12, 2016
Good company and benefits. Too bad they have poor management. Dual rates are rude and vulgar. Constant harassment goes on and nothing is done about it. And if you stick up for yourself you get canned.
benefits
Cons
no breaks, unpaid lunches, poor management, favoritism, smoking envirronment
Fast Pace Work Environment
VALET (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CASeptember 9, 2016
When working at a casino the level of accuracy is key! It was very fast pace and you are constantly moving. You had to make sure that each and every people that came in and out were 100% satisfied with there experience. The team of people I worked with always looked out for one another. Especially the management, they help you when it was needed. Some of the hardest times were trying to make everyone happy, but I made it my personally goal to. I enjoyed all the people I got to meet and help everyday.
Pros
set schedule
Cons
hard to move up
Fun, friendly, energetic, great pay and excellent benefits, opportunities to advance, gain experience, and amazing coworkers.
Administrative assistance/payroll clerk (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CA 92019March 14, 2016
I started as a Club Sycuan Representative (guest service) in 2003. I enjoyed greeting our guest and assisting them with food comps, shows, promotions, and bingo packages. I enjoyed my job and had fun with it. Thanks to our management and supervisors, that gave us all the training and skills (tools) to do an exceptional job. Working to make people happy was something I loved. We were a great team player in my department, we all got along. I was promoted four years later to the marketing department as an Administrative assistance and payroll clerk. I was well trained by great supervisor. I eventually was managing payroll for 130 employees and the experience I grain in was valuable. Sycuan was one of my favorite jobs. Sycuan is a great company to work for.
Pros
Great pay, incentive program, free training, good personal time off package, free shuttles, good personal time off package, two 15 minutes breaks and 30 minutes lunch, discount on shows and lunches, bonuses, and you get to meet great people.
Cons
Smoking environment
nice environment
Cashier and Server (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CASeptember 26, 2016
• Greeting external guests in a friendly and courteous manner
• Multitasking – Able to serve more than one customer at a time and handle multiple tasks
• Cash handling, credit cards, and a cash register
• Responsible for taking the guests orders, keeping them organized, and timing the course of service for the guests
Slot Server (Current Employee) –  El Cajon, CaliforniaOctober 25, 2015
Sycuan Casino offers so much to their employees. Sycuan is a great casino that treats guest and their employees very well. Working at Sycuan teaches you how to talk and communicate with all kinds of people. Hard work is also recognized and praised.
Pros
Great benefits, people, staff
Fun job, but to many games with management
Management (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 12, 2014
With over 10 years working at Sycuan, I mostly enjoyed myself. As management came in, they tried to become to "big" with out developing the right people. To many managers were put in positions they were not qualified to be in, which created resentment from others. They lack the ability to delegate, they lack the interpersonal skills, and they lack the ability to make changes that create security and positive work environment. Those that have been there forever, have lost touch with what Sycuan use to be. They are losing their market share to better ran casinos, and they are clueless what to do about it. It really is a shame because there are truly some great people there. My most fond memories in the work force.
Pros
Compensation, breaks, vacation
Cons
Poor Middle Management, favoritism, lack of leadership
Accounting Specialist (Current Employee) –  El Cajon, CAFebruary 28, 2016
Good culture, friendly environment. I like how everyone works as a team. We're all in this together and we all support each other.
It had some nice benefits but I didn't like the security management.
Security officer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 22, 2012
I liked many of the people from other departments. The vacation and overall benefits package was very good. To retain the people in security they had they would remove the supervisors frequently even if they were the best qualified.There was no company value system. Many of the people I worked with were Very funny very professional. I unfortunately had to go to unemployment court with them(I won) ( promises of reasonable accommodation that were revoked without notice or cause). Difficult management to work for. Best for me to move on.
benefits
Cons
no core values. flip flopping management for retention.
It is an ever changing environment, keeping you on your toes
Security Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Back of house in the casinoNovember 2, 2012
My position was responsible for delegating officer assignments, report writing, handling radio calls from various departments via an 8 channel console & telephone, notifying management when incidents occurred, sending counterfeit bills to the secret service as needed and assisting in administrative duties as needed
Pros
you will meet & retain many friends, as well as learn new things during your employment
Cons
sometimes things are continually changing, which make advancement hard to obtain
Productive and Fun work Environment
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAMarch 27, 2015
i would generally start my shift on the half hour, usually graveyard. My job was to maintain a cash drawer of 100,000 dollars including chips and foreign money. It was also my duty to provide excellent customer service to the guest i'm waiting on so they enjoy their visit in hopes to come back one day! My co-workers were AMAZING! we all stuck together and got what we needed to do done! The Hardest part of the job was to maintain a fast work environment and be friendly at the same time. It can be done. I really enjoyed seeing the smiles on the guest face when they hit a big jackpot, it always made me smile. They could really work on management there. i seen quiet a bit of favoritism in my time being there.
Pros
we had 2 consecutive days off and set hours
Cons
graveyard
This job is a fun enviroment to work in and great pay.
Admission Clerk (f/t) (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CANovember 5, 2012
Working for this company was a great experience. I was able to learn a lot of skills and traits that will help my be succesful in my career. The position is promising however, some managment slowely looses track of the service they used to provide. The best part is dealing with several different ethnicities and the various personalities.
Pros
discounted meals, greats benefits
Cons
n/a
Attrition is a Beautiful Thing!
HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST (TEMPORARY) (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAMay 12, 2015
When the objective is not the business and ROI new people need to be infused. Either the "dead on the job" will come alive to compete or be replace by the new competitor who has business and ROI on their mind.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Bad Management
fast paced
Slot Technician (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CANovember 16, 2015
This location was great to work at as long as you did not get noticed. If a supervisor was threatened by anyones work ethic they would create write-ups for employees to lower conduct scores.
Pros
overnight hours, great coworkers
Cons
poor management style
My first love
CAGE CASHIER (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 2, 2015
The Marriott was a very nice place to work. I started as night auditor and then went to work as there General Cashier. After about 6 months my manger came to me and asked if I was interested being a Account Receivable Clerk and I said yes. By knowing more than two or more areas of accounting I became a Senor Accounting Clerk. The work are was nice and all of us got along. The management team was always great always willing to leaned a hand.
Pros
Was able to learn alot and more up in the company.
Cons
Having to leave and go to another job.
A good place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAJanuary 27, 2013
The tribe was very good to work for, excellent benefits. I learned how
to be a good security officer, management was not really as good
as it could have been.
Pros
good personal time off package
Cons
no holidays off, walked on egg shells
fun place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CaAugust 30, 2015
overall good experience and enjoyable place to work. Lack of growth and politics at the top made things difficult at times.
Unprofessional Environment
Production cook (Former Employee) –  El CajonJune 27, 2012
After going thru the long application process I.e., background check, drug test, credit check, employment reference, and personal reference you would thing they're professional. It was the total opposite! I was was terminated for spilling milk, not exactly but practically. This place has a high turnover rate and doesn't value their employees as half as much. Don't get caught up in the hype period!
benefits
Cons
no free meal, very little job communication, and hardly any teamwork
Working in IT
IT Technical Support (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAOctober 2, 2014
Although a good experience and learning tool, Sycuan is trying to update the technology in the casino ( a good thing ). But with so many dependent systems that need to be taken offline to do so, it was hard for a 7/24 business. I will always look back at working there with fond memories and gratitude for the knowledge I gained from this company.
Pros
sponsered events, charity work, acknowlegement of skills
Cons
possible on call work, old equipment and heavy rotating management
Very productive and fun atmosphere
Customer Service Operator (Current Employee) –  El Cajon, CAJuly 12, 2015
this a great place to start a career, the team members are great everyone is family and they are very welcoming, You will always find someone new that works here and also meet new guest

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sycuan Casino. Our community is ready to answer.

Sycuan Casino Reviews by Location