SYCUAN CASINO

SYCUAN CASINO Employer Reviews

productive work place.
Slot Attendant (Former Employee), El Cajon, CAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: hour brake, good pay, fun environment.
Cons: slow on moving up in the company .
Sycuan casino is a grate work place , if you like casino atmosphere an like weird hours this is the place . Working at syucan your able to have room to grow.
line cook for employee dining room
Production Cook (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: discounted meals, friendly co-workers
Cons: micromanaged, no positive reinforcement, no communication
Responsible for feeding 300 employees daily. preparing product for the line, entrees, and deserts. Exceeded in appearance of food presentation.
just a job
Retail Cashier (Current Employee), El Cajon, CAJanuary 25, 2015
Everyday was the same, this job was not a challenge for me, I felt trapped and needed more meaning
Fun job, but to many games with management
Management (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 12, 2014
Pros: compensation, breaks, vacation
Cons: poor middle management, favoritism, lack of leadership
With over 10 years working at Sycuan, I mostly enjoyed myself. As management came in, they tried to become to "big" with out developing the right people. To many managers were put in positions they were not qualified to be in, which created resentment from others. They lack the ability to delegate, they lack the interpersonal skills, and they lack the ability to make changes that create security and positive work environment. Those that have been there forever, have lost touch with what Sycuan use to be. They are losing their market share to better ran casinos, and they are clueless what to do about it. It really is a shame because there are truly some great people there. My most fond memories in the work force.
Head cashier/ waitress
Head Cashier/Waitress (Former Employee), El Cajon, CAOctober 14, 2014
Pros: great company to work for.
Cons: none.
I greeted and seated customers took orders, served meals, checked out the customers. Dealt with negative and positive relations and addressed major concerns to maintain a professional work environment.
Working in IT
IT Technical Support (Former Employee), El Cajon, CAOctober 2, 2014
Pros: sponsered events, charity work, acknowlegement of skills
Cons: possible on call work, old equipment and heavy rotating management
Although a good experience and learning tool, Sycuan is trying to update the technology in the casino ( a good thing ). But with so many dependent systems that need to be taken offline to do so, it was hard for a 7/24 business. I will always look back at working there with fond memories and gratitude for the knowledge I gained from this company.
FUN AND FAST PACED JOB
Food Server/Cashier (Former Employee), El Cajon, CAAugust 27, 2014
SYCUAN TAUGHT ME EVERYTHING I KNOW ABOUT FOOD SERVICE. THERE IS MANY OPPORTUNITIES TO ADVANCE IN THE COMPANY. WORKING CLOSE WITH PEOPLE TO MAKE THEM HAPPY IS SOMETHING I ENJOY.
Productive and fast paced environmentl
Deli Attendant (Former Employee), El cajon, CAAugust 19, 2014
The typical work day consisted of either making sandwiches for the orders that guests placed, or cashiering; assisting guests with their orders. Also, we had to prep daily. We prepped ready to eat foods, as well as portioning out the meats that we used for the sandwiches. No one goes into a job knowing whats what So i took my prior knowledge of what i learned in my previous job and applied it to Sycuans work I learned how to compose myself in a different environment, I also practiced more on the art of customer service. The management team was well organized, was always there when we needed help. My coworkers as well were organized, they stuck with me when it was time for rushes and I was just a brand new employee. They were pleasant, a great team to work with. The hardest part of the job was always having to deny people for not being able to use their benefit casino comps when they couldn't provide an ID. They'd always get frustrated, but I'd always be patient and attend the guest with a smile. The most enjoyable part of the Deli was how well we all worked as a team. We went through rushes in no time, we all helped one another at the same time attending to the guests needs.
productive and fun work place
painter (Former Employee), san Diego caAugust 15, 2014
Having a easy safe work day
Helping and friendly co-workers
Painting at vary high levels
Great environment
GUEST RELATIONS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 26, 2014
helped me deal with customers on a one to one basis. Gained experience in the casino field.
Too much barrier between management and employees
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee), El Cajon, CAMay 23, 2014
Always tried to enjoy my working day by connecting with co-workers but there was too compartmental.
good place
Security Officer (Former Employee), El Cajon, CAMay 20, 2014
nice place to work just very unorganizd and not to fair to there employees
not a fun place because of the smoke
Slot Attendant (Former Employee), El Cajon, CAMay 13, 2014
Pros: could take our breaks together like 45 min.and 15 min
Cons: health care very good
very busy,most of the time hectic people making line to get change maintain smile always, having a very good team members and management made it ease, responding to the customer light when they need it help and not been able to get to them and a timely manner because stop by other customers the hardest was to be in smoke environment.
and having a radio 8 hrs a day in my ear.
Great workplace on the Casino floor for students while attending school, not so great of a workplace for Administrative employees.
Benefits Coordinator (Former Employee), El Cajon, CaMay 8, 2014
Pros: fun place to work, discounted lunches, friendly employees
Cons: bad management
My typical day at work began with reviewing hours worked for Human Resources department for the prior day. Then I would review documents for benefit changes (adding/dropping dependents, new enrollments, cancelations), then approve changes and send to third party administrator. I would conduct the insurance portion of new hire orientation and assist with benefits enrollments. I would run reports for health insurance, employee assistance program, and life insurance bills, audit, and assure payments were made in a timely manner to appropriate companies. I would coordinate vendor visits and schedules and assure they were paid accordingly and in a timely manner. I would answer all employee questions regarding benefits, life insurance, and 401(k). I would do data entry for all enrollments and changes for 401(k) and Met Life Home/Auto/Pet Insurance changes. I would coordinate annual open enrollment period for all benefits offered. I would coordinate and make arrangements for annual employee recognition events. I did a lot of my previous supervisors job along with everything on my job description.

I had amazing co-workers for the most part.

There really wasn't anything hard about my job duties other that dealing with a supervisor who didn't supervise or give any relevant feedback.

The most enjoyable part of my job was being extremely reliable and providing excellent service to the employees and departments I dealt with on a daily basis.
Ehh
Internal Auditor (Former Employee), El Cajon, CAApril 3, 2014
Graveyard shift is rough and the management team is not willing to accommodate the needs of employees.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Gender
Project Technician (Former Employee), El Cajon, CAMarch 17, 2014
Pros: equal opportunity employer
Cons: smoke environment
Offerd me the opportunity to work as a Project Technician.It was a department mostly operated my males. They trained me and I was able to successfully complete the three month probationary period.
Great job should be recognized
Bingo Server (Current Employee), El Cajon, CAFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: free shutttle
Cons: part time
I like to work there and i been there for 8 months now as a part time worker, I just sometimes don't like the way the management works for some employees.
Sycuan Casino
PBX Operator (Former Employee), El Cajon, CASeptember 24, 2013
Customer Service. Operates switchboard to relay incoming, outgoing and interoffice calls. Provides excellent customer service by answering calls efficiently and professionally along with an exceptional phone etiquette. Excellent communication skills with two-way radio, telephone, computer systems and paging systems. Screens telephone calls for Team Members according to guidelines. Follows up guest requests with a call back to assure that the request was completed to the guest's satisfaction.
xx
Waitress (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 1, 2013
Pros: xx
Cons: x
Great working with the guests. I enjoyed working in an entertainment environment.
It was tough on your feet all day, running to get drinks because we did not have a bar tender and it was hard working in smoke.
Good communication among co-workers
Utility Worker (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJune 24, 2013
Whenever a holiday coming, Sycuan Casino is always busy. I learned to improve my communication skills. I manage the ice delivering and stocking water to all of the stations in Sycuan. My co-workers and I got along very well. The hardest part of the job was probably doing the task in a safe, careful and correct way.