Sycuan Casino Employee Reviews in United States

Fun, friendly, energetic, great pay and excellent benefits, opportunities to advance, gain experience, and amazing coworkers.
Administrative assistance/payroll clerk (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CA 92019March 14, 2016
I started as a Club Sycuan Representative (guest service) in 2003. I enjoyed greeting our guest and assisting them with food comps, shows, promotions, and bingo packages. I enjoyed my job and had fun with it. Thanks to our management and supervisors, that gave us all the training and skills (tools) to do an exceptional job. Working to make people happy was something I loved. We were a great team player in my department, we all got along. I was promoted four years later to the marketing department as an Administrative assistance and payroll clerk. I was well trained by great supervisor. I eventually was managing payroll for 130 employees and the experience I grain in was valuable. Sycuan was one of my favorite jobs. Sycuan is a great company to work for.
Pros
Great pay, incentive program, free training, good personal time off package, free shuttles, good personal time off package, two 15 minutes breaks and 30 minutes lunch, discount on shows and lunches, bonuses, and you get to meet great people.
Cons
Smoking environment
Slot Server (Current Employee) –  El Cajon, CaliforniaOctober 25, 2015
Sycuan Casino offers so much to their employees. Sycuan is a great casino that treats guest and their employees very well. Working at Sycuan teaches you how to talk and communicate with all kinds of people. Hard work is also recognized and praised.
Pros
Great benefits, people, staff
good company
Server (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAAugust 12, 2016
Good company and benefits. Too bad they have poor management. Dual rates are rude and vulgar. Constant harassment goes on and nothing is done about it. And if you stick up for yourself you get canned.
benefits
Cons
no breaks, unpaid lunches, poor management, favoritism, smoking envirronment
Fun job, but to many games with management
Management (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 12, 2014
With over 10 years working at Sycuan, I mostly enjoyed myself. As management came in, they tried to become to "big" with out developing the right people. To many managers were put in positions they were not qualified to be in, which created resentment from others. They lack the ability to delegate, they lack the interpersonal skills, and they lack the ability to make changes that create security and positive work environment. Those that have been there forever, have lost touch with what Sycuan use to be. They are losing their market share to better ran casinos, and they are clueless what to do about it. It really is a shame because there are truly some great people there. My most fond memories in the work force.
Pros
compensation, breaks, vacation
Cons
poor middle management, favoritism, lack of leadership
Attrition is a Beautiful Thing!
HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST (TEMPORARY) (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAMay 12, 2015
When the objective is not the business and ROI new people need to be infused. Either the "dead on the job" will come alive to compete or be replace by the new competitor who has business and ROI on their mind.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Bad Management
It had some nice benefits but I didn't like the security management.
Security officer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 22, 2012
I liked many of the people from other departments. The vacation and overall benefits package was very good. To retain the people in security they had they would remove the supervisors frequently even if they were the best qualified.There was no company value system. Many of the people I worked with were Very funny very professional. I unfortunately had to go to unemployment court with them(I won) ( promises of reasonable accommodation that were revoked without notice or cause). Difficult management to work for. Best for me to move on.
benefits
Cons
no core values. flip flopping management for retention.
Accounting Specialist (Current Employee) –  El Cajon, CAFebruary 28, 2016
Good culture, friendly environment. I like how everyone works as a team. We're all in this together and we all support each other.
Good place!
Valet Attendant (Current Employee) –  El CajonMay 19, 2015
They have great benefits and great pay in any department!
A ton of growth and betterment!
Helpful staff!
24 Hour operation!
This job is a fun enviroment to work in and great pay.
Admission Clerk (f/t) (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CANovember 5, 2012
Working for this company was a great experience. I was able to learn a lot of skills and traits that will help my be succesful in my career. The position is promising however, some managment slowely looses track of the service they used to provide. The best part is dealing with several different ethnicities and the various personalities.
Pros
discounted meals, greats benefits
Cons
n/a
Unprofessional Environment
Production cook (Former Employee) –  El CajonJune 27, 2012
After going thru the long application process I.e., background check, drug test, credit check, employment reference, and personal reference you would thing they're professional. It was the total opposite! I was was terminated for spilling milk, not exactly but practically. This place has a high turnover rate and doesn't value their employees as half as much. Don't get caught up in the hype period!
benefits
Cons
no free meal, very little job communication, and hardly any teamwork
fast paced
Slot Technician (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CANovember 16, 2015
This location was great to work at as long as you did not get noticed. If a supervisor was threatened by anyones work ethic they would create write-ups for employees to lower conduct scores.
Pros
overnight hours, great coworkers
Cons
poor management style
It is a fast environment
Slot Supervisor (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CADecember 10, 2015
typical day of work would be starting with scheduling. I learned different skills at Sycuan, such as machines functionalities. The hardest part of the job was difficult guest at times
A good place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAJanuary 27, 2013
The tribe was very good to work for, excellent benefits. I learned how
to be a good security officer, management was not really as good
as it could have been.
Pros
good personal time off package
Cons
no holidays off, walked on egg shells
My first love
CAGE CASHIER (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 2, 2015
The Marriott was a very nice place to work. I started as night auditor and then went to work as there General Cashier. After about 6 months my manger came to me and asked if I was interested being a Account Receivable Clerk and I said yes. By knowing more than two or more areas of accounting I became a Senor Accounting Clerk. The work are was nice and all of us got along. The management team was always great always willing to leaned a hand.
Pros
Was able to learn alot and more up in the company.
Cons
Having to leave and go to another job.
Was not a healthy environment
Emergency Medical Technician/Security (Former Employee) –  CANovember 7, 2015
Was difficult working in the smoking environment. The only shift available was graveyard shift. Was nice to work in the security department doing Emergency Medical Technician work at the same time.
Productive and Fun work Environment
Cage Cashier (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAMarch 27, 2015
i would generally start my shift on the half hour, usually graveyard. My job was to maintain a cash drawer of 100,000 dollars including chips and foreign money. It was also my duty to provide excellent customer service to the guest i'm waiting on so they enjoy their visit in hopes to come back one day! My co-workers were AMAZING! we all stuck together and got what we needed to do done! The Hardest part of the job was to maintain a fast work environment and be friendly at the same time. It can be done. I really enjoyed seeing the smiles on the guest face when they hit a big jackpot, it always made me smile. They could really work on management there. i seen quiet a bit of favoritism in my time being there.
Pros
we had 2 consecutive days off and set hours
Cons
graveyard
Great place to work with a pride in their service.
Slot Attendant (Current Employee) –  El Cajon, CAFebruary 12, 2012
Great place to work with a pride in their service. They genuinely taking care of the employees. Treat everyone fairly.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no free meal.
lots of fun
HOUSE-KEEPING/UTILITY SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAOctober 30, 2015
working with employees shoulder to shoulder train and coach and help . work to increase sale .following all my daily duties like cleaning organizing .
productive and fun
Employment Coordinator (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAOctober 22, 2015
always busy always hiring lot's of paperwork and high volume of calls everyday always calling to setup interviews and accepting walk-ins as much as possible
Pros
close to home
Cons
no breaks
Fun place to work, I enjoyed working there!
Shuttle Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAOctober 10, 2012
enjoyed working there, enjoyed working with the people and the customers.
Pros
breaks, and lunches, great benefits
Cons
3rd shifth.

Sycuan Casino Reviews by Location