Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,795 reviews matching the search
Bad place to work
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJuly 26, 2016
Improper tools to do your job you don't hardly get any vacation time no matter how long you work there policy changes aren't properly given to the employees you only get some holidays off you do not get paid for them they will try to penalties you if you break a policy that you weren't even notified that changed pay is not great for the work that you do
Pros
Some good people to work with
Cons
Pay, benefits, work/life balance
Fun
Call Center Rep. (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCJuly 26, 2016
GREAT I had awesome time working there. The team was wonderful and I love talking with different pep.
Pros
Money
Cons
Breaks
It was a job.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  USAJuly 26, 2016
A day at work would involve setting up my pc from the comfort of my own home, speaking to customers and listening to my team leads on how none of their team was good enough to work for the company. My coworkers were wonderful, hard working people and they made the job more enjoyable and easy. Higher ups where constantly losing things such as doctors notes, paper work and would not allow people to take time off, even though we were entitled to have it. They were constantly under staffed and a lot of us where working 12 hour days. 0/10 would not work for this company again.
Pros
working from home
Cons
Long hours, under paid, constantly taking over queues without raises.
Feel go place to learn functionality
Oracle Apps Techno Functional Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 25, 2016
Good work environment, follows AIMS methodology, as a onsite lead I used to work with offshore timing to make the work done in critical situations.
Call Center
Computer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Hays, KSJuly 25, 2016
It was a great job for someone straight out of high school or someone in college. But as a fulltime, single mom, it didn't work well.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
business closed
Friendly people to work with
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJuly 21, 2016
People at Sykes are very friendly and helpful and it is a great place to work for people who love to talk on the phone. We can work individually and also in groups, which is helpful at time to get the work done quickly. We share ideas, tips, and skills with one another.
Would be a really great job if they gave more training
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 20, 2016
The training was only a few weeks and there is a lot to learn when it comes to the products and systems for AT&T. They offer so much to their customers and not that much training for employees. I was told I wasn't allowed to inform the customer that I worked from home and if they were to hear a dog bark we had to make up excuses. I really think that most people would be ok with it because a few customers asked me why I wasn't working from home like the other reps they had talked to.....How do you answer that?! The managers would tell us they had too much to teach and not enough time to tech it. The system was set up so that we can learn all we needed to know, but only while we were on the clock. If you were on the clock then you were taking calls. Then there was the customer surveys. If the customer was upset with the company it turned out that the person they spoke with got that score also. I had a few 0% willing to refer to a friend because the customer was not happy with AT&T. That's just how it worked
Pros
Fun Staff
Cons
The system was really slow and would kick us out while on the phone with a customer.
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJuly 19, 2016
typical day at work is answering 30-50 calls a day, I learned about bank accounts, the management is hard to talk about, some are very nice and others don't really seem to care about you or anything that you may have going on, the co workers there are always the good and bad in every job, the hardest part is being able to take the negative attitudes of the customers, the most enjoyable part of the job is the 45 minute lunch we get
Pros
the pros would be the 45 minute lunch, you get to request your days off
Cons
short breaks, new rules about disclosures
Turn and burn the numbers.
ISP Connectivity Technician Level 2 (Former Employee) –  Pikeville, KYJuly 19, 2016
It was a call center. I was told I was to do tier 2 network related material, ended up doing Hotmail call support.
I hated not being able to actually fix most problems.
Workers were ok, trainer I had was just a mean unhappy person. Didn't like that any computer problem i had a solution for, and insisted no one knew things like that and would call me out all the time.
churn and burn mentality. get name, number, and user account info, fix it, or flip it off to someone else.
Pros
Was a job I'd not had before
Cons
Wrong service mentality for me.
Break Room
Mortgage Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Morrilton, ARJuly 18, 2016
A typical day at work was dealing with problems on customer mortgages, learned a lot about mortgages, management was okay. Most coworkers were okay. The hardest part was dealing with difficult customers.
Pros
Paid vacations
Cons
N/A
work from home
Home Call rep (Current Employee) –  Morristown, TNJuly 17, 2016
Working from home is a plus. The rush to get calls done in under 4 minutes leaves you helping a customer in a rush and chances are they will call back as you as rushed to do 100 calls a day. The most enjoyable part of this job is the customers without a doubt. Some of the nicest people you can talk with, even when upset its always a pleasure to help them and turn their day around. Support in the company is great. Pay is not to great and could use improving
Pros
comfort, home base, never late for work because you wake up there, lol
Cons
low pay, very short 2 breaks but lunch is 30 minutes.
They dont care about you
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 17, 2016
Sykes have many clients that you can work for and I had two different positions with them and management was horrible on the first client I had was with microsoft xbox and the 2nd manager I had I did not care for at all and when I worked for another client I had my supervisor boss had a chip over her shoulder and did not care what you say
Pros
benifits
Cons
no life, short breaks, low pay
Core services for a credit card company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJuly 15, 2016
I did the customer service for Capital One credit cards. It was a full time position. I learned how to try to help somebody increase their available balance, or credit limit. I explained offers to people that wanted to cancel. Much wasn't covered in training, and help was slow, though our Customer Assistance group worked hard. My team got along quite well during our meetings. The card holders which I spoke to seemed to like speaking to me.
Pros
Overtime was available, nice place to work
Cons
The training could have been better
Great job for starters who might want to work at a bank
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sumter County, SCJuly 14, 2016
Sykes is a amazing company that challenges you to go over and beyond to meet the needs of the client. I service about 100 accounts a day and I enjoy finding the solution to the problem.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sterling, COJuly 14, 2016
Log into systems to take calls-you learn something new every day-management is always present and very supportive.
The hardest part is not being able to see what the caller is seing, not being able to be hands on.
Pros
getting to meet and work with amazing people
Cons
working virtually, you don't often get the chance to meet your co workers
i love it here
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Getzville, NYJuly 14, 2016
i do insurance claims , i help provider insure with there claims & benefits information
i love sykes where like a big happy family , my manager is awesome , ive learned alot from my mangers and coworkers
my Sykes Experience
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 14, 2016
the company in a whole was a great company to work for, some of the management were not professional, but my co workers were willing to help and polite. I learned a lot through the training. I learned all about how to assist someone with technical questions. The hardest part of the job was knowing where to find something if you didn't know the answer, they were a new office and they didn't have all there resources together. I enjoyed the people and the knowledge I received.
Pros
good environment, safe, good training
Cons
management, the pay
A nightmare
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCJuly 13, 2016
This was the first call center I had ever worked in and for being a first impression it was a bad start to a long year. A typical day started with turning on your computer and waiting for it to boot before you clocked in. Taking calls from cellular customers was a challenge for those who didn't really understand cells phones as it was. For the most part we advised people about their bills/accounts and encouraged them to add features; which for each one sold and they kept for 31 days we get an incentive. The difficulty was explaining or working with them on technology concerns from how to operate their phone to data connections. Many co-workers were supportive of each other, but there were times where you did your best because there was no one to help. Supervisors had so much on their own plate that they had little or no time to spend with their team. This was discouraging; the team often felt like we had no leader. Everyday we had a goals to meet and it was rare they stayed the same often changing before the day was done. The most enjoyable part of my job was when I was able to make my customer happy by providing service I know I'd want. What I learned from this job: to be patient, to listen, and to take time to be there for anyone: co-worker or customer.
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
communication almost none, daily goals changed frequently
horrible insurance
Agent I (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCJuly 13, 2016
This company is horrible to work for. You are not appreciated and you will be treated that way. There is a lot of favoritism and there seems to be a clique. There are quite a few things that are wrong in management and I feel as though if there is strong management everything falls into place.
Pros
great insurance and 401K
Cons
n/a
Clients are awful
Customer Service Agent - Call Center (Current Employee) –  Kingstree, SCJuly 13, 2016
calls come in nonstop with the majority seeking credit. Right now the focus is only on selling customers products. Mangers forcing their teams to sell.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.

Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Reviews by Location