Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Employee Reviews

Found 2,481 reviews matching the search
Overall great company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJune 24, 2017
Management does need some minor adjustments but overall the company is a great company to work for pay is great you gotta work hard to get to where you want to be at within the company.
Pros
job security, pay and atmosphere
Cons
management
Pay rate need to go up
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP-IMBOUND CALL (Current Employee) –  Kewanee, ILJune 23, 2017
Placing orders/tracking orders/refund/return&exchange/modify ship, billing & email address/product search/price adjustments/price match. I learn all of those things and very multi-task. The hardest part of the job is trying to management different task when building rapport wit customers and not leaving so much dead air. When i have nice customers that patent and understanding. So days are slow and some days be fast pace. Then their are days the have you clock out. The pay rate need to be more than $9. their part time employees complains about pay rate after a year still no raises. They don't give O.T at all. people have to support families out here in the world
Great place to get started.
INTERNET CONNECTIVITY TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Milton-Freewater, ORJune 23, 2017
This company offered tech support for Quest customers when I worked there. It taught me a lot about internet connectivity, which came in very handy later in life. The customer support training was invaluable, and was the foundation on which I continued in my future jobs. Management was not extremely devoted to my satisfaction, but did what it took to meet their quotas. Workplace culture revolved around reaching satisfactory statistics, but was not unpleasant. The hardest part of that job, was sitting in a cubicle all day, every day. The most enjoyable part of the job, was having a coworker friend.
Pros
Decent pay, workload was not overwhelming
Cons
Sitting call center job, where there is no real light, and you don't leave your cubicle.
Worst place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Nogales, AZJune 23, 2017
very stressful, unprofessional managers, the trainer didn't even know what she was doing, i didn't like this company at all, and would not ever recommended.
Pros
meeting different people
Cons
management
Push sales too much
Customer Service Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Malvern, ARJune 22, 2017
They push you for sales rather than customer service. They advertise it as customer.er service, but they reprimand you if you do not harass the customer about sales.
Fast paced enviroment
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCJune 22, 2017
Helping customers with cell phone questions, taking payments over the phone, troubleshooting cell phone problems. Also helped with tv questions as well.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Busy
Skyes
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCJune 22, 2017
I relocated after working there a short amount time. I was still searching for that perfect job with a reasonable pay. I gained a lot of experience in customer service through working with customers over the phone.
productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJune 21, 2017
great experience taught me different aspects of customer service. everyday was never the same you could have a great day and a bad one depending on the call flow.
Not too bad for telemarketing
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sterling, COJune 21, 2017
In my experience, the hardest part of the job was the breaks were not at a scheduled time and getting time off from the job was hard. some of the managers were hard to get along with.
Fast paced, poor management and staff
Customer service agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJune 21, 2017
This is a job I recommend if you're desperate. You answer call after call after call and listen to people yell at you and your co-workers come and go because the job sucks management gets away with everything and the male managers like to hit on all the women that's on their team. You make pretty good money and it's easy to get hired so I definitely recommend it if you're in a rough spot.
Pros
Breaks and lunch. Healthcare. Good pay.
Cons
It sucks
Positive Environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJune 21, 2017
Everyone who works there is always positive and friendly. You could see someone having a bad day and another person will just come up to you to see how you're doing. It is like one big family.
No good.
Fraud Account Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDJune 21, 2017
Got fired because I went into labor and had to leave. They're a nice environment call center, but the people are catty, smell weird and can be super rude.
Pros
Awesome benefits package with AFLAC
Cons
Everything else sucks
Worst Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 20, 2017
This was the most miserable place I have ever worked! The training is thorough, but it does not prepare you for the outrageous demands of the company.
Spend your day on the phone
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Vansant, VAJune 20, 2017
Like talking on the phone? Like working on a computer? Then you should work here. Working with people on the phone all day. Management was not very understanding when it came to not being able to cross the mountain due to dangerous inclement weather.
Job was stressful and would be my last option
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kingstree, SCJune 20, 2017
This would be my last option. the job was very stressful. it wasn't the customers at all. I loved the customers and would've done anything ton resolve their issues. it was the people I worked with. the environment was very unorganized.
Fun
Customer Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 20, 2017
Sykes is a great place to work, very convenient for stay at home moms and parents, or online students.
I would work a full time shift Monday through Friday, weekends off, overtime available.
Work at home environment
I learned a lot of computer skills and independence
Most enjoyable part of job working from home.
Fast paced place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 19, 2017
I leaned a lot about customer service and how to get along with others better. The hardest part of the job is when you have to deal with irate customers.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
good benefits
productive work place teamwok experience
Small Business Unit (BVOIP) Order Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingstree, SCJune 19, 2017
high call volumes, supervised others and large caseloads. management was always on their job and believed in teamwork friendly atmosphere pay vacations and time off. hardest part of job is not being able to solve the problem of customer over the phone and scheduling appointments for field technicians to go fix a physical problem
Pros
Paid time off, sick leaves, benifits
Busy call center environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJune 18, 2017
Fast paced environment, I believe training class needs to be longer than 2 weeks. To allow employees to learn system and get familiar with everything.
Pros
Room for advancement in company
Cons
Short training class
Sykes
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 17, 2017
Just a bit unprofessional at times. Overall my manager was great. She held everyone accountable and made sure we completed all tasks. Sykes just need to find dedicated team leads.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.

Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Reviews by Location