SYKES Enterprises, Incorporated

SYKES Enterprises, Incorporated Employer Reviews

Productive Environment
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Current Employee), Wise, VADecember 17, 2014
Sykes Enterprises provides ample opportunities for one to advance their career in a fast paced environment. Most days are pleasant because Sykes really knows how to treat their employees well and make them feel valued. The Management at Sykes is dedicated to providing employees with correct information to excel in your performance. The most enjoyable – more... part of my job is the people I work with. The people are personable and easy to get along with. They make the work day go by so much faster. – less
Good Starting Telecommunications job
Call Center agent (Former Employee), Fort Smith, ARDecember 17, 2014
Pros: competitive pay, large breakroom
Cons: expensive breakroom vending machines, horrible insurance, favoritism in promotion
A good job for someone who's just starting in a call center, but unless you suck up to management you have no opportunity for advancement; and the insurance is TERRIBLE.
cashier
Seasonal Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLDecember 14, 2014
 Processed customer bills through cash and credit transactions
 Held accountable for the contents of the cash drawer throughout the shift to ensure a discrepancy does not occur.
 Provided excellent customer service while handling complaints from dissatisfied customers and/or frustrated customers
 Stocked napkin and condiment dispensers.
 During – more... down time performed myriad cleaning duties, heavy lifting, parking lot maintenance or even taking out the trash. – less
Only good for resume
Scheduling (Former Employee), Allentown, PADecember 10, 2014
Get in get out! The company seems great on paper but it's actually not that great to work for. Benefits are a joke as well as pay. Holidays are not paid unless you complete an entire year.
Lots of empty promises and no follow up
Customer service agent (Former Employee), Eugene, ORDecember 8, 2014
Pros: paid training
Cons: no additional training, poor work ethics
Training was good. Was told would get additional coaching. Was given a little bit but then stopped. There is a lot of favoritism in the site. If you aren't a favored employee there is no advancement or additional coaching. Way to much fratonization going on. Managers and Account managers dating reps. You get a warning one day then told you can either – more... quit or be fired the next due to noone following through with anything. If you can sell bottled air to an idiot than you can make it there or if you keep your nose so far up a managers behind you will do great. The insurance sucks. Customer Service went out the window just push for sales. All about numbers not what really matters when a customer calls in. – less
enjoyable understanding empolyer
customer service (Current Employee), Fort Smith, ARDecember 5, 2014
A typical day includes back to back calls, angry customers, happy customers, you get them all. I learned a lot about banking and balancing phone with computer. Talk and Doc.! the most enjoyable part of my job is when I have helped someone understand something that confused and/or angered them and they get off the phone happy
Bad job security
Agent/Customer Service (Current Employee), Eugene, ORDecember 5, 2014
Pros: free food when they make you work longer
Cons: everything! that place is ran like a zoo!
When I was hired, they told me it was a customer service job. After a month, it turned into a "shove this service down their throats" sales job. They push internet, tv and phone service on people who cant even afford a cell phone bill. I was always super stressed out about being fired. They changed a "set" schedule a few times. It was a unstable job – more... setting.They would make customer surveys apart of losing your job. meaning if the surveys were low and you did they best you could, they didnt care. Wouldnt go back if it was the last job on earth! – less
Good company but unfair
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Wise, VADecember 4, 2014
This job was a little unfair. I had complications with my pregnancy and instead of letting me go on medical leave I was forced to resign. I was the top 3 sales agents they had. I had my own office and everything. So they are good company as far as pay, but only look out for themselves and not their employees.
No Management Support
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Allentown, PADecember 2, 2014
Pros: helping customers
Cons: no team support
I enjoy helping people out and making sure they have the best customer support possible. I do not like the lack of team work and floor support they have to offer, i feel the customer is suffering for this mishap.
Employment increase stress levels.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NCDecember 1, 2014
The work environment needs to improve in training employees, provide information before changes take place. No room for coaching for improvement for employees to improve on job performances.
Very productive and nice place to work.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Chavies, KentuckyNovember 25, 2014
Pros: i can eat anything i want at any time!!!!
Cons: there are only 10 minute breaks. that''s not really enough time to actually do anything.
I thoroughly enjoyed worked at Sykes Enterprises. The managers are very informative and willing to help and guide employees at any given time. My co-workers were awesome. I have met some life long friends working at Sykes. In my opinion, there is nothing really hard about this job. I am working from home at this time and enjoy it so much. I don't have – more... to worry about getting to work on time due o bad weather or traffic jams. I save quite an amount in gas not having to travel to and from the call center.

I would highly recommend working for Sykes at Home to everyone!!!!

I absolutely love it and couldn't be happier!!!! – less
Great place to start out.
Call Center Representative (Current Employee), Lakeland, Fl.November 22, 2014
Pros: breaks, teams, incentives
Cons: constant change, micromanagers
Good employer to hep gain experience and build resume. Not great as far as advancing or stability. Many staff and policy changes happen frequently. Typical day at work is taking inbound calls all day, most of the calls are easy but even the hard ones have a solution. The coworkers are great. Hardest part of the job is I've had 6 different managers in – more... the 6 months Ive worked there so there's no consistency and rules and policies are constantly changing. Most enjoyable part of the job is it is an overall fun atmosphere, the people are nice and you get to talk to many different kinds of people throughout the day. – less
Poor work environment
Agent (Former Employee), Fort Smith, ARNovember 21, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits/insurance, employee discounts, training
Cons: work environment, resources
The job focuses on customer service, while focusing on stats that offer incentives, however stats lower true customer service.

Unprofessional environment, workers, and most of the management. It is difficult to get help when needed. Dealing with other departments is as much a nightmare as dealing with upset customers.
Stress
Back Up - Team Manager *Team performance (Former Employee), San salvadorNovember 21, 2014
Cons: 10 minutes to bathroom and 45 to lunch
can get a minute late cuz its affects the bonus eventhough you have an emergency, you have to prove it either with a hospital documentation or police document. Sometimess is not fault of the management cuz they are also doing their jobs. My co workers well we need to do something in order to get threw the day so we try to make it fun.
It was a job
Customer Service Agent for AT&T (Former Employee), Kingstree, SCNovember 20, 2014
The typical work day was overloaded for the amount of pay. I learned a lot about how to do the job. I loved helping the customers. The management was not its best. The co-workers was ok. The hardest part of the job was trying to learn something you wasn't taught.
productive not very fun
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee), Langhorne, PANovember 20, 2014
Pros: bathroom breaks
Cons: benefits
a typical day at work would include answering about 60 inbound calls and data entry, making outbound calls for follow up if necessary.
very strick management team. co-worker are very helpful at times.
the hardest part of the job is when you get an irate customer. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is the outcome of solving an issue a satisfied – more... customer. – less
Good Start
Computer Support Technician (Former Employee), Hays, KSNovember 19, 2014
Pros: variable hours
Cons: management structure
On average completed 80 to 100 calls a day on a variety of computer issues.

Starting from printers learned multiple platforms and troubleshooting methods.
Large companpy, but i wouldn't recomend anyone working there
Customer Service (Former Employee), Lakeland, FlNovember 19, 2014
The training was short for the amount of information that is given, and they expect you within the first two weeks to start getting things right, minimal training on the floor, lack of coherence between managers and benefits might as well be non existent.
office setting work environment/ buisness casual
Manager (Former Employee), Bloomsburg, PANovember 19, 2014
I have learned a great deal working for Sykes. Communication and people skills, listening. My job for me was about going to work to meet and exceed job expectations for both management and my employees. I enjoyed going to work daily it was about more than just receiving a paycheck. The best part of my job daily was learning something then teaching double – more... to someone else. Mentoring is one of the most rewarding jobs to have seeing someone move in succeeding directions. – less
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Sumter, South CarolinaNovember 19, 2014
Sykes is a great job filled with lots of wonderful people. The job does require a lot of control with your mouth. Some of the customers do get out of hand with their requests. Overall Sykes can be a bit challenging for a new comer that has no experience with answer the phone lines back to back. I loved my job at Sykes.

1 2 3 4 5

About SYKES Enterprises, Incorporated

Sykes Enterprises provides business process outsourcing services, IT consulting and IT-enabled services, such as technical support – Read more