SYKES Enterprises, Incorporated
1,004 reviews

SYKES Enterprises, Incorporated United States Employee Reviews

oplacek
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Greenwood, SCApril 23, 2015
depending on what you looking for when you go work theecould be ok to some but could be bad to some you just never know what to exspect when you go to work far as the people and the customers you could have all types of moodswhen working there
Fast paced yet fun and energizing working as a team while meeting or exceeding personal goals.
Xbox program customer care representative (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 23, 2015
Pros: Ability to earn points for products, Discounts
Cons: very short breaks
I enjoyed working via a virtual call center. I had wonderful Lead team supervisors that were able to make meetings fun and goal orienting.

Though fast paced, account and customer service was the most enjoyable part of the Gaming company program at Sykes. I enjoyed successfully troubleshooting a customers internet connection or account issue the first call. Being able to assist the customer while typing notes, juggling between multiple windows and keeping up a rapport was the most difficult part of the job.

In the hardware team it was much slower with a smaller chance of first call resolution due to need of shipping items or being unable to help due to lack of warranty or other issue. Although I enjoyed assisting customers with troubleshooting the console or other connectable devices I did not enjoy the extremely slow periods between calls.

I enjoyed being able to assist co-workers via the adobe connect room and team chat group. Instead of just having to rely on team leads and supervisors for answers to new problems or problems not readily accessible within the archives of the system we were able to help each other and provide support as a whole team.

I enjoyed being able to assist customers on multiple products the same company offered, the hardware as well as virtual products, as it gave me a well rounded sense of what I was doing for Sykes and the gaming company.
Enjoyed this job alot,training was exceptional.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Wise, VAApril 23, 2015
Pros: co-workers and environment
Cons: none
The hardest part of the job was the time management, but improved greatly. Enjoyed the challenges of solving customers issues without supervisors input if at all possible.
workplace
Customer Service representative (Former Employee), Greenwood, SCApril 21, 2015
Pros: can work as long as i needed
Cons: bad management
so not professional at all
learned how to help people and more about devices and saving money as well.
was an indirect center was okay to work for.
n/a
Wells Fargo Home Mortgage Customer Service (Current Employee), MorriltonApril 20, 2015
Take mortgagors calls
Help with accounts
Take mortgage payments
Offer credit cards and accounts to mortgagors
Transfer calls when needed
easy going people
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee), amherst, new yorkApril 18, 2015
Pros: free food/desserts
Cons: down time
I learned how to document in the computer system they have, as well as learning new things about diabetes. The hardest thing about working at Sykes was hearing the sad stories over the phone and trying to hold back the tears. Everybody their was like family and very easy going.
Good job environment! Overall one of my favorite job experiences, with good people, in a positive environment.
Sales and Service Representative (Former Employee), Eugene, ORApril 16, 2015
Pros: Great work environment, Free Coffee!, Downtown location easily accessible, Flexibility in Training, Great Team Management, Compensation for disabilities
Cons: Reduced hours due to call volume, If you have to leave for any reason, there is a 12 month rehire policy.
SYKES Enterprises was a really good company to work for, in my opinion. I had a lot of fun working with the subject matter, learning about our client, AT&T, and being able to communicate with not only our client, but with their customers as well. The training was a lot of fun, and by the end of the five weeks, my class, though half of what it started with, were all very good friends and comrades. The team I was put on all were very nice and accepted me through the whole time I was there. My trainer placed me with a Team Manager that suited my style of work, and made sure I was accommodated for my needs. Honestly up until the end they were a great company to work for, with the exception of hours getting cut due to low call volumes. I would work there again, if it weren't for their 12 month till rehire policy.
I learned so much at this company as well. I found my strengths in the escalated calls that no one else would take, being able to de-escalate upset customers. Once I had a handle on the wide variety of tasks I needed to be able to perform, and with help from my Team Manager who gave really great advice, I was very confident about every phone call I took.
My favorite part of the job was talking to the customers. Being able to help people is one of my strong suits, and at Sykes I was more than able and encouraged to do that.
The only part of the job that was hard to handle was the reduced call times. We normally had hour long lunches, but more often than not it was increased to mandatory hour and a half lunches, which ate into our paid hours worked.
Sykes is not a comoany that I would recommend to anyone.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Sumter, SCApril 15, 2015
Pros: Lack of knowledge from training, hours, managers etc
Cons: NONE
Sykes is very unorganized. The training is not precise and clear to beginners. The management is awful and there are not raises given no matter how excellent of an employer you may be. The work hours are unnecessary.
Friendly atmosphere and incentives
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCApril 14, 2015
Pros: Cheerful members
Cons: Inferior benefits
I answered calls from members of USAA, regarding their checking savings and debit cards. I reviewed their accounts and explained the statements. I order new debit cards for members.
A bit fishy
Customer Service and Sales Representative (Current Employee), Eugene, ORApril 14, 2015
Pros: Free coffee, opportunity for commision, great training
Cons: Unrealistic expectations for being honest, not flexible with school, higher management makes promises to client that agents can't keep for them
Sykes is a third party customer service provider for a major cellphone service provider. It's not a really bad job, it would actually be great if there wasn't a quota for sales. Often, representatives are encouraged by their managers to lie in order to make sales, which creates unhappy customers, therein providing horrible customer service. If there were the opportunity for sales without the pressure this would be a much better place to work, and their retention rate would probably be much higher.
great place to work, a wonderful environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee), Greenwood, SCApril 14, 2015
Pros: getting promoted and earning extra money
Cons: long hours of the night and short breaks
whenever customers called in concerning their cellular devices, no matter what it was i always worked hard to get the issued solved even if i could i always got someone who could, you really have to have self control to work at Sykes because all customers aren't nice and its not your job to be rude to them because at the end of the day they're the ones that's going determine your paycheck so that's why i always tried my best to please the customers even when you know that some customers are hard to please, i don't know them and they don't know me so what they say to me does not dignify the kind of person i am, i know who i am.
Friendly workplace with unrealistic expectations and poor compensation.
Sales and Service Agent (Former Employee), Eugene, ORApril 8, 2015
Pros: Friendly work environment, long lunches, free parking/bus passes, *potential* for good pay and advancement.
Cons: Dishonest business practices, care more about making money than their employees or customers, constant meticulous scrutinization, poor compensation.
Sykes takes pride in being open and friendly to all of its employees, but cares more about sales than the customers they claim to be helping. They offer discounted health insurance and advertised other benefits that were never offered when I actually got the job. They have a very relaxed dress code, and a nice, clean, typically friendly work environment. There is also plenty of room for advancement in the company, but the raise in pay does NOT make up for the added responsibility, and if you are the kind of salesperson they want you to be, you will actually end up making less money if you accept the first "promotion." They give free parking/bus passes, and have a generous 1-hour lunch period. Each and every employee is constantly and meticulously scrutinized; every call and everything you do on or off the phones is recorded. If you do not use branded statements or offer products to customers on EVERY call, they will see that, and they will coach you on it. If you ever have to go the bathroom outside of your breaks or lunch period they will track that, and coach you on it. They pay $10/hour, which is nowhere near enough for the job being performed. However, they do offer "incentives" for getting sales. The problem is that you are required to have a minimum number of sales in each sales category to benefit at all, and you need a lot of sales to make an impact on the paycheck. I surround the word "incentives" with quotes because you do NOT have the option to not sell anything, even though they advertise that you do. The reason for this is that the Team Managers bonus based on the – more... sales of their team, and if someone on their team isn't selling, the Team Manager will try to persuade them to sell and try to teach them to be a better salesperson. If that person continues to not get sales, they will eventually be terminated. In the event of a low call volume, they sometimes need to send people home early (in which case they will not be paid for the time they were supposed to work), and they almost always choose the worst salespeople to go home first. – less
Sales
Telesales Rep (Former Employee), Louisville, KYApril 7, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: N/A
Sale to customers. Working on a computer speaking to different people was the most enjoyable part of the job. Working long hours and sometimes dealing with Irate people was the hardest part.
Great company to work for
Project Consultant (Current Employee), Tampa, FLApril 7, 2015
Sykes Enterprises has an outstanding company culture. I look forward to working with my team members every day. The challenges are many, but everybody is working hard and enjoys what they are doing.
Very long days...
Account Manager, Program Director (Former Employee), Chavies, KYApril 4, 2015
I worked very long days at Sykes, but that was on my own volition. The client at the time was very demanding, and the work had to be done.
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee), San Diego, CAApril 2, 2015
Pros: Being to work from home. I have less expenses.
Cons: Sometimes just reaching out for help.
Since working at Sykes, I am able to work from my home. My training was very thoroough. I get to communicate with co-workers via chat and email. I enjoy not having to travel everyday to my job. The hardest part is when I need to contact someone about an issue. It takes several minutes to get them. But they are always very helpful
I did not truly enjoy this place to work for.
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), Milton-Freewater, ORApril 1, 2015
Pros: large break area to eat with vending machines.
Cons: HR seemed to be more concerned with the development of the company rather than personell
It was a just a job that seemed to offer nothing to anyone there. Management would always downplay people and did not know how to use soft skills to communicate with reps. The environment seemed like I was back in highschool again. I did enjoy the steady work pace and workload.
Would have been better without having 6 bosses breathing down my neck
Customer Service Representitive (Former Employee), Eugene, ORApril 1, 2015
Pros: Free bus pass.
Cons: Everything else. Cheap skates wouldn't even provide cups for water or coffee.
Unless you enjoy micromanaging to the nth degree this place was awful to work for. Way too much pressure and a terrible sales environment.
Does not care about employees
Customer Service (Former Employee), Sumter, SCApril 1, 2015
Pros: co-workers were very nice
Cons: short breaks, poor management, policies prove that they do not care about employees
Sykes in Sumter does not care about their employees. There is very high turn over, in fact many employees are currently searching for other jobs. They even specify that if you have another job, a school schedule OR children who need caring for then this is NOT the place for you. They could not have said it better. The place is like a huge high school/fashion show. The "managers" constantly abuse their power and never want to assist you when needed. What I enjoyed most was some of the co-workers who make the day go by just a little better. This place is not worth the stress and lack of JOB SECURITY
colorful, very big, nice people
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), lakeland, flMarch 31, 2015
Sykes is a good job to work at if you need a job while finishing
school or just starting to work. I learned a lot of keys thing to be successful,

1 2 3 4 5

About SYKES Enterprises, Incorporated

Sykes Enterprises provides business process outsourcing services, IT consulting and IT-enabled services, such as technical support – Read more

SYKES Enterprises, Incorporated Salaries