SYKES Enterprises, Incorporated

SYKES Enterprises, Incorporated Employer Reviews

Poor work environment
Agent (Former Employee), Fort Smith, ARNovember 21, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits/insurance, employee discounts, training
Cons: work environment, resources
The job focuses on customer service, while focusing on stats that offer incentives, however stats lower true customer service.

Unprofessional environment, workers, and most of the management. It is difficult to get help when needed. Dealing with other departments is as much a nightmare as dealing with upset customers.
Stress
Back Up - Team Manager *Team performance (Former Employee), San salvadorNovember 21, 2014
Cons: 10 minutes to bathroom and 45 to lunch
can get a minute late cuz its affects the bonus eventhough you have an emergency, you have to prove it either with a hospital documentation or police document. Sometimess is not fault of the management cuz they are also doing their jobs. My co workers well we need to do something in order to get threw the day so we try to make it fun.
It was a job
Customer Service Agent for AT&T (Former Employee), Kingstree, SCNovember 20, 2014
The typical work day was overloaded for the amount of pay. I learned a lot about how to do the job. I loved helping the customers. The management was not its best. The co-workers was ok. The hardest part of the job was trying to learn something you wasn't taught.
productive not very fun
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee), Langhorne, PANovember 20, 2014
Pros: bathroom breaks
Cons: benefits
a typical day at work would include answering about 60 inbound calls and data entry, making outbound calls for follow up if necessary.
very strick management team. co-worker are very helpful at times.
the hardest part of the job is when you get an irate customer. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is the outcome of solving an issue a satisfied – more... customer. – less
Good Start
Computer Support Technician (Former Employee), Hays, KSNovember 19, 2014
Pros: variable hours
Cons: management structure
On average completed 80 to 100 calls a day on a variety of computer issues.

Starting from printers learned multiple platforms and troubleshooting methods.
Large companpy, but i wouldn't recomend anyone working there
Customer Service (Former Employee), Lakeland, FlNovember 19, 2014
The training was short for the amount of information that is given, and they expect you within the first two weeks to start getting things right, minimal training on the floor, lack of coherence between managers and benefits might as well be non existent.
office setting work environment/ buisness casual
Manager (Former Employee), Bloomsburg, PANovember 19, 2014
I have learned a great deal working for Sykes. Communication and people skills, listening. My job for me was about going to work to meet and exceed job expectations for both management and my employees. I enjoyed going to work daily it was about more than just receiving a paycheck. The best part of my job daily was learning something then teaching double – more... to someone else. Mentoring is one of the most rewarding jobs to have seeing someone move in succeeding directions. – less
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Sumter, South CarolinaNovember 19, 2014
Sykes is a great job filled with lots of wonderful people. The job does require a lot of control with your mouth. Some of the customers do get out of hand with their requests. Overall Sykes can be a bit challenging for a new comer that has no experience with answer the phone lines back to back. I loved my job at Sykes.
Hard job.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Sumter, SCNovember 18, 2014
To stay with this job, you need a lot of patience, there is really no help on this job, you kind of fend for yourself.
Decent place of work
Provisioning Technical Engineer (Former Employee), Hazard, KYNovember 17, 2014
Sykes is a decent place to work, given what it is. Considered a step up from fast food or retail stores, and a step below an actual career. The job varies, for the most part, its a customer service call center for various companies.
Very demanding
Customer Service Rep, Trainer, QA (Former Employee), Morrilton, ARNovember 17, 2014
Pros: free pizza sometimes; the ability to work off points for absenteeism
Cons: low or no pay raises, stack ranking that caused terminations, very little compassion for the employees
Sykes Enterprises is very demanding of its employees.
You must follow all of the rules and there is little understanding given for personal problems. However, if you work hard and obey the rules there is room for advancement. I was very lucky and did advance at Sykes but for the last 2 years I was there I did not receive a raise because of their low – more... ceilings for pay grades. – less
Great place to work at
CSR (Former Employee), Norton, VANovember 16, 2014
Helps you to serve the men and women and their families who serve in the military. High call volume, but a great work place
It was a good job
Agent (Former Employee), Fort Smith, ARNovember 15, 2014
Answered phones all day about people calling to handle credit card debt
IF H3LL IS COLD AND IS A CALL CENTER,SYKES RUNS IT
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Allentown, PANovember 13, 2014
Pros: nothing, nothing at all!!!
Cons: everything!!
BLISTERING COLD call center, they claimed that the reason why it was so cold on the call floor was because the "thermostat was set at a certain rate for the whole building", but i knew that was just a line of BS. I kid you not, there were 3 days of the week when it was SO COLD where you could literally SEE YOUR OWN BREATH!

Besides that, the technology – more... was also OUTDATED and UNRELIABLE. We had to wait 2 WEEKS just to get NOT EVEN all of our logins for the 10 programs we had to use; to assist health insurance clients. There was two programs in particular, called "ABS integrity, and other was "ABS Pharmaceuticals", where you would look up the client's health plan info and what medications they were approved for, ANYWAYS, we DID NOT ever get the logins set up for those two VITAL programs in the short month i worked there; and we had to wait for an assistant manager to go around and log/re-log us in EVERY time a client made a request ( which is REALLY inefficient as far as buisness practices go! ).

STAY FAR, FAR, FAR AWAY FROM SYKES, ( More like Bill Sykes if you ask me...If you've ever seen the play "Oliver" ). – less
its a good place to wook
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee), Malvern, ARNovember 13, 2014
sykes has good management and amazing traing, you more than likely will work 40+ hours a week. the coworking were good as well no prombles with them. you learn to use may diffrent systems. an good csutmer service
Productive and fun workplace
Medical Schedules Representative (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLNovember 12, 2014
Pros: qa's
I enjoyed this job. it was a culture job, great customers. My typical day was in a routine, all my coworkers was great to work with. I think the hardest part of the job was when I had to quit.
Very strict and boring place to work.
Service Agent I (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCNovember 12, 2014
Pros: compensation, pot lucks.
Cons: the management was not willing to help me learn and get better.
Training provided for the first four weeks. I learned about loans and how to help members with any questions or concerns regarding their loans. The management was not really understanding and didn't show much concern for their employees. I met a lot of nice people who I still keep in contact with to this day. The hardest part of the job was learning – more... how to use the software to make changes or update loans while maintaining control of the conversation. The most enjoyable part of my job was building a rapport with the members. – less
Overall a good place to work
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Wise, VANovember 12, 2014
Pros: was great to be able to help our military
Cons: very scary handling others money
I was trained in the banking industry, however I was forced to return to California to tend to ill father and was not able to to put what I learned into action.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Vansant, VANovember 11, 2014
It was a good place to work you got to help people and the people you worked with was also very nice. The pay was great you got to work all the overtime you wanted to. Most of the customers was thankful that the system caught fraud activity on their card. you don't realize how much goes on in the world tell you work at a place like that.
Sykes review
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Wise, VANovember 10, 2014
Pros: easy job
Cons: turn over is high seems like they try to find reasons to get rid of employees
A typical day there was. Coming in about 15mins early logging in to the system and phone and then answering call helping customers with either bank account or dal support i worked on 2 different lines of business while i worked there. management worked on their team customer service quality my co-workers and i worked on making sure our customers where – more... satisfied with our support. Hardest part of the day would have had to of been high que times, and the most enjoyable part of the job would have to be the days when the company would have big cook outs. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About SYKES Enterprises, Incorporated

Sykes Enterprises provides business process outsourcing services, IT consulting and IT-enabled services, such as technical support – Read more