SYKES Enterprises, Incorporated

SYKES Enterprises, Incorporated Employer Reviews

Horrible Job!
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee), Greenwood, SCJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
You take calls all day long for angry at&t customers who have an outrageous phone bill. Training is 8 weeks of playing games and not learning what you need to learn. When you get out on the call floor, the "red hats" purposely tell you the incorrect information to tell to customers and it gets you in trouble. Oh and the wait to get someone to come over and help you if you have a question is ridiculous. They want your talk times to be low and you to bs the customer's needs. I would not recommend this company of job to anyone!
great place to work laid back but enough to keep you busy.
customer service representative (Former Employee), Morrilton, ARJanuary 22, 2015
I loved this job the only thing i hated is the fact that i had managers that didnt want to anything but get a paycheck. They never wanted to help you or do there part of the work.
Productive,Fun,Really a great job.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Vansant,VaJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: good pay, and great hours
Cons: angry customers.
While I worked at Sykes I really enjoyed the job and my co-workers. My team leader was the best. He was always there for me no matter what. Working at Sykes is a VERY stressful job. you get cussed out on a daily basis but overall I loved my job,the people and the money!
Work from home and professional environment; anexcellent opportunity
Customer Care Representative I (Former Employee), Denver, COJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: the ability to be independent and complete duties working from home
Cons: sometimes team leaders were not easy to contact in times of need
A typical day at work was handling a various amount of calls for AT&T and providing effacing customer service and knowledge of the services provided. I learned a lot about wireless devices and how to use basic troubleshooting tips to keep the device working properly. I also learned how to move through the appropriate systems used to handle a call efficiently. My management team and team leaders were very professional and helpful. Since I worked from home it was a complete virtual environment, but most of my co-workers were also professional and helpful. The hardest part of the job was irate and impatient customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was ending a call with a satisfied caller.
Close to home
Call Center Trainer (Current Employee), Fort Smith, ARJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: people, location
Cons: compensation, benefits
A typical day at work consists of looking over upates for training material. Checking emails and responding. Keeping track of trainees time, access to computers, and up training. New training classes happen every month. Administration documents have to be printed and ready for signing by the new hires. During my time, I have learned professionalism, time management, and key components of the credit card business. The management staff is caring and helpful. Co-workers are knowledgable and innovative. The hardest part of the job is not getting attached to the trainees as they come through the training class. The most enjoyable part of the job is the ever changing material and meeting new people.
Nice place t work
Paralegal (Former Employee), Virginia Beach VAJanuary 19, 2015
It was a nice place to work. I learned a lot at this law firm. The co-workers work as a team.
It was a great job.
Call Center Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Bardstown, KYJanuary 18, 2015
I was trained very well, caught on quick and enjoyed my job very much. I never missed work and worked a lot of overtime not because I needed the money but because I enjoyed my job.
call center environment
Customer Service Representitve (Current Employee), Fayetteville, NCJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: advancement
Cons: benefits, pay, management
8-10 hour work days. Back to back calls. Management is ok, not really willing to work with outside schedules.
Fast paced call agency
Call Agent (Current Employee), Fort Smith ARJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: it was paid for the work i did and made a few good friends while working there.
Cons: lack of caring for employees and how disorganized management was.
A normal day at work was taking back to back calls until the shift ended, I learned how to manage and relay information about credit card holders accounts in a manner that they could understand, which varied from card holder to card holder.

The management team was all over the place and not in a good way, day by day was really fly by the seat of your pants, often training segments in our schedules would lead us to empty class rooms where we would have to track down the manager who was responsible, who naturally had no idea they were supposed to train us.

The hardest part of the job was how disorganized it was and the lack of appreciation for the workers.

The most enjoyable part of the job was that I was actually able to help people understand how their credit card work, and explain how best to build their credit in a way they could understand and then utilize on a daily basis and helping them to be able to understand the dangers of credit cards as well.

I personally enjoyed getting irate card holders calling about an issue with the card. After I had walked them through their account not only were they gracious for the help and understanding I helped them reach but also the ability to apply in future situations where as not to make mistakes and or use the card to its full potential. It was a very good feeling knowing I made a difference in peoples lives on a financial level, more so when its people who really needed the help, it's a very humbling feeling.
Fun productive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Eugene, ORJanuary 9, 2015
Fun place to work, trainers were competent and amazing. Hour were a bit crazy, but that's understandable. I learned a lot about the company.
Call Center Work Environment
Computer Service Technician (Former Employee), Wise, VAJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: good work environment, management
Cons: no benefits
I enjoyed working there. I was laid off of work because they had to get rid of some employee due to having too many. There were no benefits. I dealt with phone service on a daily basis. I loved helping people resolving their computer problems. My co workers were good for the most part and management was nice. I learned a lot about communicating with people and solving problems.
Don't waste your time
Customer Service (Former Employee), Lakeland FloridaJanuary 6, 2015
Training was terrible. Systems were not user friendly at all. Furthermore, it was a very unprofessional environment. It also has a very high turn over rate and the call center is virtually empty.
Loved the agents that I managed
Account/Team Manager (Former Employee), Sterling, COJanuary 5, 2015
When I started with this company they were amazing at reward and recognition of their people but over the years it decreased and it seemed to be built on favoritism was the only way to get ahead and they have lost a lot of great people that way.
Unproductive
Retention Floor Support Supervisor (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: most of the time we have free lunch to appreciates the agent.
Cons: we have 15 minutes break every 2 hrs.. health insurance and incentives per customers we saved.
It"s very challenging and interesting job, because I have to deal with all the escalated call of how am I going to make the right decision or the right word for the customer to calm down and not to put more fire and to convince the customer to stay with AT&T,not canceling the account. What I've learned about this job is to extended my patients and be broad minded, customers are calling and angry because of the issue they were having like billing, technical support not getting enough service thru their wireless and etc.... I never get offended, the customer are angry because of the issue or the experienced and not with me. The most enjoyable part is when you reach your goal, and your team got the prized, you will push your team to reach that goal not because of me to be a better leader. I want my team to be a better agent and move up like I did.
so - so
Provisioning Technical Engineer (Former Employee), Chavies, KYJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: i learned quite a bit.
Cons: no job security
I loved the job itself but there was too much "political" stuff going on with management. Also, It doesn't help when the job is sent overseas.
No moving up
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), NCJanuary 1, 2015
There was no moving up unless you were liked by certain people
Great customer service experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Fort Smith ArkansasDecember 31, 2014
Pros: great customer service experience
Cons: lots of angry customers
This was a fun job but i had taken it as a temporary position until the job was posted for Advantage Direct.
good place to work overall
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Morrilton, ARDecember 28, 2014
Pros: laid back work environment
Cons: management and not so flexible in daily life schedule or emergencies
typical days work will be on the phones assisting customers with personal acct info. In some cases this may result in a few upset customers and if new employee can probably give a little stress as call help is mainly received by your peers next to you.
Management there is okay alot of times from my experience you would feel mislead and I received multiple different answers on things.
Co-workers there are good for a working environment get along with everyone and most seem very friendly and helpful to you.
At Home
Customer Care Professional (Current Employee), Eugene, ORDecember 24, 2014
As a Customer Care Professional with Alpine Access (SYKES Home) I was charged with answering incoming phone calls regarding customer orders, questions and concerns. I was also charged with answering emails from customers.

The Supervisors for the program are not very friendly. Only two or three of them are there to help. The rest are there to work and get paid and nothing more.

One Team Captain is great, the other has taken a hatred towards me because I won't let her walk all over me an give me an attitude. The other is pretty friendly.

The Team Leader and Account Manager don't really seem to care. They are rude to everybody and just want to be done for the day.
Nice co-workers.
Customer Service Agent I (Former Employee), Sumter, SCDecember 20, 2014
Challenging job in two ways...difficult customers 50% of the time; and weekly reviews (coaching) where job performance is reviewed and scrutinized. Incentive payouts were nice and unexpected, which however are based on your performance and stats.

1 2 3 4 5

About SYKES Enterprises, Incorporated

Sykes Enterprises provides business process outsourcing services, IT consulting and IT-enabled services, such as technical support – Read more