SYKES Enterprises, Incorporated
1,032 reviews

SYKES Enterprises, Incorporated Employee Reviews

Sykes is a great place to work!
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Sumter, SCMay 21, 2015
A typical day at work would consist of me taking phone calls up to 100 or more calls a day, assisting customers with their concerns on their accounts (checking, savings, credit cards, etc). I learned the importance of working for banks and how to value the customer. I also learned that security is everything. For the most part the management was acceptable. I didn't consider anything at Sykes difficult or too hard, because I love a challenge. The most enjoyable part of the job was you get to talk with people from across the world.
Poor management, poor communications
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Florence, ALMay 19, 2015
Pros: Pay was decent
Cons: Asking you to get off work early, not informing workers properly
I was hired in as a PERMANENT full time associate and found out a week before my lay off date that I was a TEMP! Its been 4 months and i'm STILL waiting on another job offer! Don't waist you're time.
Good
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), PAMay 18, 2015
Working here was a nice place. I was able to come out of my comfort zone with speaking on the phone and being nervous. I enjoyed my coworkers as well.
ghetto
Call Center Service Agent (Former Employee), Sumter, SCMay 14, 2015
Pros: na
Cons: na
unprofessional establishment I would not go back to work there I think some of the rules are petty and the management team is very unprofessional and unorganized.
Good Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLMay 14, 2015
Pros: Extra Money
Cons: Long breaks
I really enjoyed working with people helping them with there bills and making payment arrangements. I made lots of good friends
Unorganized
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Sumter,SCMay 13, 2015
While my co-workers were great to work with, I resigned do to the Sykes being unorganized. Training was 3 weeks of talking about information. Almost everyone in my training class did not have their login information to complete the WBTs for training. The next 3 weeks consisted of us being thrown onto phone calls even if we felt we needed more informational training. I did not meet my team lead until the first day out of training. I would have like to meet her during my training period, just to get to know her.
UnprofessionalCall Center
Customer Service, Customer Service Representatives (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLMay 12, 2015
Pros: excellent pay and commission
Cons: management
When I first started at Sykes located in lakeland, in 2013 it was great I loved coming to work I looked forward going to work. The managers were great helpful, friendly, and genuine. Things changed around early 2014. The work place became very unpleasant to work in. You did not know if you would have your job or not by the end of the day. People did any and everything to become a manager or FSR and if that means getting people fired even though they did nothing wrong then that's what it took. The work place became very messy, intolerable, club-oriented, and unprofessional. I would not recommend anyone to the company until they have better management. The pay was good but Sykes could not keep employees there.
Productive and enjoy working from home
technical support (Current Employee), denver, colorado, usaMay 11, 2015
Pros: never have to leave home
Cons: hours given to work can change the night before.
Its a great thing to work from home and have your TL at your finger tips. If you need help someone is always around to give you direction.
productive fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Kingstree, SCMay 6, 2015
Pros: making my own schedule
Cons: distances
I've been with the company for five years and I learned a great deal about customer service and dealing with people with a smile. I've manage my team and also trained a class of new representatives. I love working around people..
Great Job!
Bilingual Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Kuhnsville, PAMay 6, 2015
Olan Mills was a wonderful job to have. They had good pay, plenty of hours, encouraging management, benefits and career advancement. The only bad this about this job was that they closed down.
Production and More
Work from Home Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Denver,May 5, 2015
Pros: 2 breaks and a lunch, flexiblity, awesome teams, alot of help, plenty of trainings
Cons: lack of communication, no off time during block periods
This is a awesome company. You do stay busy and this is just like any job so no being late etc.

The position and business I am under there is not much room to grow, so if you are looking for a job with that I would think about this job.
full time job
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Current Employee), Milton-Freewater, ORMay 4, 2015
a typical day taking calls all day following breaks and lunches based on schedule. managers are nice and friendly. some equipment issues recently, hard to work when tools are not working well.
Call agent
Call Center Representative (Current Employee), Morrilton, ARMay 1, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: none
It is a good place to work at, if you want this as a first job. It teaches people how to interact with customer over the phone.
Poor everything
Customer Service (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLApril 30, 2015
Pros: a very small check
With a very low staring pay of $9.50 for a call center position, i found many problems with this company. The first thing that bothered me was was the Point system. Im fine with a point system but how it works was the issue. If you call out a day sick you get three points, but it you tell your manager you will be missing a day EX: court/doctor/ or any other Situation also gives you three points. Im sorry going to the doctor with advanced notice should not be punished period! I had been there for over 3 months and no one can tell me how much vacation time/PTO time you get( anyone should be able to answer that question). VTO-voluntary time off, when we are not busy the company does not want to pay you and sends you home, they say its voluntary, but most of the time it is mandatory.When on the phone with the customer a manager will yell your name and say sell that tv! and the customer can hear it(some how they think they are professional).These are a few examples, and hands down the worst place i have ever worked( if the recruiter didn't lie about the job i would have never took it)
fun
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), greenwood scApril 29, 2015
sykes was a very hardworking job but yet its a fun place, most coworkers were fun to be around always got to smile and meet new people & they also fed us on holidays
Fun place to work but very stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Milton-Freewater, ORApril 29, 2015
I enjoyed being able to make customers happy. The hardest part of this job is when I could not give the customer what they wanted and listened to them yell and scream at me. I learned that as long as you stay calm and treat people with kindness you can usually calm them down. Every day was the same thing answering calls and documenting what I did and told the customer.
Productive work office
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Florence, SCApril 29, 2015
Working for the corporation was a great learning experience. I had the chance to meet amazing people while working for this company.
Call Center
Fraud Specialist (Current Employee), Fort Smith, ARApril 29, 2015
Pros: good incentives
Cons: I think the employees should get more frequent, smaller breaks in between calls.
Taking and receiving calls from customers who's ATM/Debit cards may have been compromised.I help people shut down their cards if we/they suspect fraud. I can also re-open cards that have been closed for security reasons.
I would be a great aspect to the company because I am a fast learner, highly dependable, and a great worker.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Greenwood, SCApril 28, 2015
Great company.
Great hours and stability job with great benefits. This was really an easy job. Will be good for someone who loves to talk on the telephone.
LOVED the workplace
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Chavies, KYApril 27, 2015
Pros: Free lunches and free drinks
Cons: sitting in a chair all day
Excellent place to work, Everyone was beyond friendly and was willing to help you out when needed. Great job and overall great experience.

1 2 3 4 5

About SYKES Enterprises, Incorporated

Sykes Enterprises provides business process outsourcing services, IT consulting and IT-enabled services, such as technical support – Read more

SYKES Enterprises, Incorporated Salaries