Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Employee Reviews

Found 2,311 reviews matching the search
not good work environment
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCApril 15, 2017
unprofessional work environment, Did received good call center experience not a whole lot of feedback about job not a very profession place to work. would be better if they had part time positons
Pros
Cons
no paid vacation or time off
Enjoy helping customers to understand their services and right size them
Flex Trainer and Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 15, 2017
As a CSR and Flex trainer, I receive incoming calls from existing and potential customers who are inquiring about cable, internet and phone services and equipment offered, needing explanation of fees and descriptions on account statements, making adjustments as necessary, and performing conflict resolution. I enjoyed teaching new employees the skills and sales techniques to benefit both customer and company. It is enjoyable to take a difficult situation and have a happy customer at the close of the call.
Pros
Competitive friendly environment
Cons
Advancement
Wow and speechless
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCApril 15, 2017
There's not too many words that would describe Sykes. Awful management, horrible management, terrible management... should I say anymore?? Everyone has a different story, on work ethics, attendance, and regular system or products questions. So many agents are more qualified for the team and account managers than the ratchet ones they have who could care less not only about their agents or their actual job. It's who you are at Sykes and who's sleeping with what manager
The job itself is great but the management team leaves a lot to be desired
Medicare Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 13, 2017
While the work is enjoyable, the company does not pay enough for the job they ask you to do daily. The management team is only out for themselves and their favorites and couldn't care less if they keep their employees or not.
Pros
type of work
Cons
atmosphere
Very productive
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 13, 2017
A regular day is taking calls in queues, they encourage you to sale sale sale on each call that you are able to make a sell to. The management are very involved with the employees success. Maybe the hardest part is ensuring that you are meeting the sales goal.
Pros
Flexible
Good Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 13, 2017
There are a lot of benefits on the job, you are required to sell if you are on a sale/representative job, short breaks and lunch breaks depending on the team you are under, work around your schedule to accommodate your needs.
benefits
Cons
short breaks
Exciting workplace but new company but not organized
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Rome, GAApril 13, 2017
Great environment but all the customers complain how the company itself sucks. The company also provide some incentive only if you make the company money by selling the products
Very tough and stressful unless you are heartless
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 12, 2017
The only problem with sykes is youre required to offer home services to people who can barely pay the bills they have now, if you dont offer, you get fired
Pros
friendly people out side of the floor
Cons
stress and depression
At a calling center it a challenge but the good part is it pays good money.
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee) –  Malvern, ARApril 12, 2017
My typical day at work is talking to customers about there bill and giving them information on incentive sales in there area. I learned that for any job it has its ups and downs. Most of all we all have to do things we don't want to do or that's is out of our comfort zone. At work I manage people wireless accounts and creating new account. The workplace culture is mix culture and very friendly. The hardest part of the job is dealing with angry customers and turning a upset customer to a happy customer that's the challenging part. The most enjoyable part of the job is making the customers happy and any issues that they may have token care of.
Pros
You get prices for saleing directv products
Cons
They get on to you when customer deny you the product that we are trying to sell.
its a job that pays my bills
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 12, 2017
This is a job that pays my bills. Not really an easy place to move up in. They ask you to work and do things to help the company but yet they can not assist you.
They Get Points For Trying but...
Social Media Agent / Tier II Tech Support (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PAApril 12, 2017
I've been working at Sykes for about 5 years and they have tried to make improvements to morale, management, and communication. Sadly the have not succeeded at these efforts. I like the handful of people that I work with directly, but this can't make up for the problems I've encountered with the many more poorly trained coworkers whose mistakes I find myself correcting on a daily basis. The compensation is dismal and the health benefits are worse. Sykes is a global company and my experience is only with a single location, perhaps other locations don't have these problems. On that note, their IT and system development people seem to have organization and project management issues of their own.
Not a comapny that cares about their employees.
CSR/Sales (Former Employee) –  Hazard, KYApril 12, 2017
This company cares about numbers and the client only. They do not have any compassion or respect for the people that actually work their. They only care about how you can make them look. The site manager is one of the worst managers I have ever had. He has zero compassion for anyone.
Pros
Cons
Rude, stressful work place, not disabilty friendly
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Milton-Freewater, ORApril 11, 2017
even though you are busy on the phones assisting customers, the team is a fun bunch to work with. Management is willing to be helpful. The hours are workable,I like how the building is very secure.
Working at home
Customer Support Representative (Current Employee) –  at homeApril 11, 2017
I enjoy being able to walk from my bed to my desk and work. I like working in the comfort of my home. I save on gas and eating out. The hardest part of the job is dealing with irate customers, which is typical in my line of work. I enjoy working with people and helping people. The team I work with is very supportive and we all help each other when needed.
Pros
working from the comfort of my home
Cons
no face-to-face contact with co workers
Not a good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vansant, VAApril 10, 2017
Company received a new client and didn't provide enough training before putting employees on the phones and some of the supervisors didn't know what they were doing and was hateful with the ones on the phones. Everyday was different and would get told to do things one way and then get jumped for doing it that way, saying it was wrong. Management didn't care about there employees or their well being, if you were seriously ill, they didn't care and wanted you at work. Not able to keep employees there. When working for them before was completely different.
Full time, benefits, good enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORApril 10, 2017
Sykes is a good place to work because you'll have chance for overtime and also love the team that you work with. The only com that I'd have to say is that you get sick a lot more often.
Productive work place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Vansant, VAApril 10, 2017
Helping people with problems all day long. Being able to get people out of messes that happened with their bank card and giving them access back to their life's.
Pros
Make friends for life
Cons
Computer systems sometimes had issues
Unproductive
Account Manager Duties (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYApril 10, 2017
Terrible communication, and a tremendous lack of Employee care.
Many changes happen and usually it's done without making sure the changes are actually beneficial.
Work from home to get you started
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Work from homeApril 9, 2017
I worked from home for a while with this company. We did I think xbox support. The training was not good. It wasn't worth the time to be honest with you. They talked more about the games that were out and being released than what our platform for customers accounts would be. The training needs to be focused on what it's going to be about. Not having someone that has no clue what they are talking about.
Pros
Work from home, office quite
Cons
low pay, break schedule, high demand for agents to do overtime.
Relaxed Enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kingstree, SCApril 9, 2017
Working at Sykes was pretty fun, the management there worked with you through issues, they were really good with helping the employees and understanding personal issues.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.

Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Reviews by Location