Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Employee Reviews

Decent place to work for at home
At Home Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  at homeOctober 2, 2017
Sykes is a decent place to work for the most part. They offer several program options that you can choose from that fit your skills and desired schedule. However, few benefits because it's a work at home job.
Good comany
Customer Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 2, 2017
A regular day we usually provide all the service according to the job description. I do not really have no complain about it at all.
my recommendation
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Wise, VAOctober 2, 2017
I wouldn't recommend this job to anyone. It is to stressful of job and most of the managers play favorites and do not help everyone like they should. This is not a good place to work
Employees not valued.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Langhorne, PAOctober 1, 2017
Unfortunately I have seen people do the bare minimum get promoted, and I have seen people work their butts off and are unappreciated. The pay is not great, but the hours are okay. Not much room for advancement overall.
Pros
Decent hours.
Cons
Poor pay.
Job was good, place was not
Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  OregonOctober 1, 2017
At first it was okay, but then I saw a lot of things that shouldn't have been going on. People became all for themselves, and it was a good thing the place finally shut down. The client was good to work for though
Okay Place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCOctober 1, 2017
Management is very poor, unsupportive, selfish. No empathy when it comes to family life (i.e. sick children, doctors appointments) compensation was satisfactory
to long ago
CompuServe Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Ponca City, OKOctober 1, 2017
I do not remember anything about this job as it was several years ago and in a totally different location than where I am now. I did not work it very long.
it's fine
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Kingstree, SCSeptember 30, 2017
its fine you have to stay on people about their promises as far as management, a typical day is many calls
I learned how to advance in the work industry
workplace culture is better to stick to people you really know
hardest part of the job is the customers
enjoyable part is the schedule flexibility
Pros
advancement, raises
Cons
short lunch no snacks at the desk, nothing at all
Job is not bad, but pay could be better
Member Services Representative (Current Employee) –  work at homeSeptember 30, 2017
The job itself is not bad at all. I actually enjoy working here. Management is great and easy to get along with. The pay is not great for customer service agents though, which is the only thing I really don't like about this position
Never again!!!
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCSeptember 30, 2017
This place had the most unprofessional management and human resource department ever! As a professional, Sykes leaves much to be desired by their employees.
Pros
I met some really amazing people in my classes
Cons
The management and human resource departments were unprofessional and corrupt
Worst place ever
Customer Service (Health Net of California) (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARSeptember 30, 2017
THIS JOB SUCKS. The management is horrible you have to sit there and listen to there customers yelling cussing and threatening you. The management shows favoritism.
Sykes is a company that makes sure that the customers and the employees are satificated
customer service agent (Former Employee) –  Malvern, AR 72104September 30, 2017
a typical day at work would be u are sitting at ur desk answering phones call from at&t customers and whatever problem or complaint that customer had we solved and gave that customer a great experience on that phone call and while coming up with solutions for the customer u offered directv and if the customer wanted it u signed them up with an account and gave them the best package that fits that customer. I have learned a lot about how the systems worked in sykes cause when a call comes in u had to 5 different systems pulled up on your screen at the same time navigating back and forward threw them all. the workplace had a fun atmosphere. if u had gotten a directv sale they cheered u on as loud as they can and congraduated u for all your sell. even gave gifts to the person that made the most sells that day. I enjoyed working with my team cause we had fun and worked together as a family. the one thing I hated the most was had to deal with rude customers that would call u out your name and we were not able to release that call we had to listen to those comments and stay in a respectful tone with that customer or u was fired,
Pros
had free lunches and we had a arcade in our break room
Cons
the travel time in between clock ins and outs
unprofessional environment
Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCSeptember 29, 2017
there was a lack of leadership. no one seemed to be on the same accord. having your employment be contingent on whether or not a person over the phone could or could not have what they wanted made it very stressful
It was OK
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Malvern, ARSeptember 29, 2017
Their company benefits was really good and their payment options is decent. It was a little too fast paced and stressful for my taste, and really, REALLY challenging. I do give credit that Sykes did help me improve my problem solvings skills and management did in fact help me a lot. Pay is hourly but also you get extra for the number of sales you make.
Pros
Great benefits and nice pay with good management
Cons
Too fast paced, stressful and too competitive
Stressful
AT&T Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Malvern, ARSeptember 28, 2017
Lack o proper training during training, doesn"t prepare agents for atual computer programs they use on sales floor.

New agents left with out help when trying their best to help customers, managers, helpers non useful and give different answers if they are available to help at all!
Pros
Good Expresso in breakroom
Cons
no proper training once on sales floor
Poor Managment
Call Center Agent (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLSeptember 28, 2017
Sykes had poor management, my manager would keep going off for a hour or so at time through out the shift, every time I raised my hand, my manager would walk away from me, and not even try to answer a question I may have. There has been times my manager would ignore me, and not even come over to me. knowing my hand is raised.
I do not recommend
Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLSeptember 28, 2017
I did not enjoy my experience working at Sykes. The work itself was enjoyable however, the management team was horrible. I would not recommend working for this company to anyone.
Horrible management
Quality Assurance Monitor (Former Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PASeptember 28, 2017
I’ve worked at SYKES for almost two years before being promoted to Quality Assurance. I’ve seen people come and go. First off, the management team and HR like to talk, so when they say they have an open door policy, most times it is going to get back to your managers, especially if you said something about them. One of the team leads that just quit harassed me and many other people over the span of a couple months and management did nothing. If something went wrong in the floor, it was usually brought back to the Quality Assurance team. The agents get yelled at on their phone calls every day and they refuse to give them any sort of raise or bonus. SYKES is a huge joke and one of the worst places I’ve worked.
Cons
Everything about this job
Great Company
Mentor, Billing Consultant, and Technical Advisor (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 28, 2017
Sykes is a great company to work for. Everyone treats you like family and is always wanting to help each other. Sykes is a fantastic cooperation to be involved with and meet extraordinary people.
Pros
Support
Cons
Short Lunch
Depends on manager
Customer Service Agent - Call Center (Former Employee) –  Malvern, ARSeptember 27, 2017
Hardest part was listening to stupid people yell at you
Depending on management it would/wouldn't go smoothly
All co-workers were nice and the culture was excellent
good prizes (unless allergic to garlic)
A typical day consisted of clocking in, logging in, going to a pep rally, then start taking calls. When customers call in you greet them warmly, ask them their phone number, address, and passcode to get into their account. They describe the issue(s) they're having, and while your fixing said issue(s) you offer ATT services, such as DirecTV, internet, and phone. You MUST offer on every call unless they're only language is Spanish, then you transfer them to Spanish line. If it's an issue you can't fix, you transfer them to appropriate line, after you offer.
Pros
Benefits, rewards
Cons
Training, quota

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.