Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Employee Reviews

Found 1,975 reviews matching the search
never know what to expect
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Morristown, TNOctober 27, 2016
There is a changing goal daily. Push sales extremely high. Offer money to first seller for direct t.v. The stress level on employees is very high. I have seen them throw up, cry, pass out, be taken to hospital.I have learned it is not so much about helping people but pushing people into sales. Management depends on the individual type of person they are. It is a revolving door for employees here today gone tomorrow. There is always a new team being trained as the ones already trained are getting write ups so they can be pushed out the door. It's not a hard job.., but if you're not a born seller you're screwed unless a sale falls in your lap. If you don't sell you are written up after so many you can be fired, even though it's suppose to be a call center to help att customers. The most enjoyable part is getting to talk to some delightful people throughout the world.
Pros
insurance offered
Cons
too much stress
I loved working with the public and enjoyed my work in general
Training for Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLOctober 27, 2016
I had poor Union representation. After I came back from a 6 month medical leave the union people locked me out of the office. When I went to my Union official he said there was nothing I could do about it because they were union member just like me.
Pros
non
Cons
the union did not stand behind the people
Productive fun at home environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXOctober 27, 2016
I actually loved working for Sykes being at home is a great aspect of a job. The job it self was great I worked for ancestry. Com the managers are all so very helpful and your coworks as well. Its a mixed culture since it is at home. But it is a great job.
It was a good place for work.
Package Handler (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAOctober 27, 2016
With this Company I like a lot because every day I was learning different staff and the Supervisor saw all my knowledge and start training me in different department. and I had good team with co-workers.
Cons
no benefit. at that time.
unprofessional work enviorment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCOctober 26, 2016
this should be called a temp agency it pays low expectations are high and it is very very very unprofessional. the management as for very personal favors in trade of promotions. its the most unprofessional place and they pick favorites if your not a tail kisser this isn't the place for you
Pros
you get paid
Cons
unprofessional
Sykes
Mortgage Consultant (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYOctober 25, 2016
Sykes was an extremely stressful job and not because of the job itself but mainly because of the poor management that continually let its employees down with poor leadership skills, immaturity and irresponsibility.
Pros
Pay Scale
very high paced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, SCOctober 23, 2016
Training did not prepare me for the actual job. I felt as if I was learning as I went but had to pretend that I knew more than I did with customers. The management was very nice to me & were accommodating with my schedule. Overall I enjoyed working there. It's not for everyone although they hire anyone with a clean background.
Sykes
Customer Sevice (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, AROctober 21, 2016
I was moved from Team Managers a lot because they would always be taking away that TM or they would quit. The bonus where good but then they stopped those again. Just didn't like how the company was ran after a year and a half working their..
Loved it
Att phone rep (Former Employee) –  Ponca City, OKOctober 20, 2016
Loved the place I filled thos out already not sure why I have to do this all over again so if u can read my other answer thank you and wisj it was still open
Pros
Awsome staff
Cons
to short on brakes
Horrible
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wise, VAOctober 19, 2016
Horrible, worst management known possible and they could care less about how you feel or about how you work, you are never good enough and they are impossible to please and need to work on so much stuff
Work from home low pay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Work at HomeOctober 19, 2016
Ok job for college student to bring in a LITTLE extra cash. Underpaid, you take calls like a typical call center but the pay is very little hours not promised.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Low pay 9/hr, be prepard to work holidays, late nights, and weekends
Hostile work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bloomsburg, PAOctober 18, 2016
Employees can't get important information until after new accounts are already added, very poor communication skills from management to employees.
Pros
Community Events and fund raisers Sykes host
Cons
Short breaks, rushed lunches
great company
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Morganfield, KY 42437October 18, 2016
sykes was a great company to work for. Had many different growth oriented opportunities within the company. Great skills that were taught to me while I worked there.
Pros
growth oriented
Cons
na
Horrible
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCOctober 17, 2016
Worst place I have ever worked at in my life. They do not care about you, you are just a "number" they will also try to fire you if you do not come to work before your scheduled time (:
Na
Customer Care Specialist/Sales (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLOctober 16, 2016
It was a paycheck. After being there for 3 years you dont get a raise you will stay at $10.50 an hour. Sales was not hard at all. But there was always a problem with your paycheck when it came time for commission payouts.
Pros
Its a paycheck
Cons
No room for advancement
Great Company
Customer Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 14, 2016
Very professional, & efficient. Great support system & friendly leaders & coworkers. I actually really enjoyed working for this company I learned a lot from them.
The Dream experience working at playstation
Playstation Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 14, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my day would be when i got to spend a half hour or hour getting to know someone or asking what people do from other cities or countries in their towns for fun. coming from someone who lives in Vegas its hard to compare so when i got the reply just stay where you are i always laughed with them.
i never owned a PlayStation and in 4 weeks i learned how to fluently troubleshoot a PlayStation eventually with my eyes closed.the co workers i met there really gave me the positive moral in the work environment. they kept me sane right after someone was screaming at me for 20 minutes.
the hardest part of my job was not screaming back and "killing them with kindness". I always have had a lot more patience then the next person. it takes a lot to get me angry.
Pros
Incentives / Working with
Cons
Management. Please ask for more detail
Great opportunity for working from home
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 13, 2016
I enjoyed the customer service work because I enjoy being of help to people. The training for the job was not appropriate. The programs used in training were not the updated programs that I worked with, so I was a little "lost" when it came to the actual job when it began. It was hard to contact "upper management" at times due to the fact that it was through e-mail only. They did however, work well with me about my work schedule and I had a lot of help from my team leader once I hit live calls. The team leader did a lot of call listening and would have times that my calls were played back to me so that I could learn how to do a better job.
Pros
no commute time
Cons
working from home was hard sometimes. I would lose track of how long I had been inside.
Great Place to Work
Customer Service Agent - Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Eugene, OROctober 13, 2016
Great teams and team managers. Keep busy all day taking calls for our client. Everyone is always there to help when lost or need help with a customer.
Fun work environment but too much pressure for sales.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Malvern, AROctober 12, 2016
I loved the job they just expect sales and I'm not the best salesmen. Also the bonus were great but the customer could simply forget to sign a renter's agreement form and it would cost you the sale.
Pros
great chances for bonus
Cons
competitive work environment along with the pressure everyday to make all your sales

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.