Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated Employee Reviews

Not for me.
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARSeptember 24, 2017
If you can handle people screaming at you and being incredibly rude, then go for it. I won't say that it is a terrible place to work. It just wasn't the job for me.
If you need money to get by.....
CUSTOMER SERVICE /TECHNICAL REP (Current Employee) –  Provo, UTSeptember 24, 2017
This has the potential to be an amazing job, sadly it lacks in communication and job advancement. You don't get raises when promised and you are expected to jump through whatever hoops they put in front of you. If you just need something to pay the bills today this is a good job. However if you stay more than a few months you will probably develop an ulcer.
Pros
decent pay, fun people
Cons
benifits are expensive, work can change day to day, communication between mangement and workers is awful.
Manager, Global Finance - Treasury Services (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 23, 2017
This was a wonderful company to work for. Great place to advance, if you're qualified and willing to work hard. No negatives. From what I see online, Sykes continues to grow and everyone seems very happy. Almost sorry I left.
Pros
Cons
nothing
Fun coworkers, excellent pay, hour long lunch
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARSeptember 23, 2017
It was overal an okay place to work. The job itself was NOT fun. You are on the phone all day. Some calls were stressful and it would seem like you are dealing with difficult customers all day. But some days were smooth. Your Team managers work with you one on one if you are struggling in some areas so after you get used to the computer system your calls are a breeze!
Training class was very fun but ALOT of information to learn. Once you are on the floor for a certain amount of time you get pay advancement. When I left I was working $12 an hour. So it made the long days worth it
Pros
Long lunches, day goes by faster after lunch
Cons
Stressful job itself because of the demanding customers
Sykes provides basic training and nothing more
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 22, 2017
Typical day at work very stressful, candidates are always upset about the bill, the conditions for waiting to be serviced. I learned how to trouble shoot cable problems with Dtv. Hardest part of the job was to disconnect service, and looking for a manager to help assist with unknown issues. The most enjoyable part of the job was to go home and not hear complaints of the company
Pros
be very courteous
Cons
lying about status of bill
High paced environment that went from fun to serious
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 22, 2017
I really enjoyed my work day during the first month and a half. After that, it became cut throat and the company was nothing like what they said they were.
Pros
set days
Cons
short breaks
Fun place and nice people.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Milton-Freewater, ORSeptember 22, 2017
The customers can be stressful but management works hard to try and ease that stress by creating a fun work environment. I personally wouldvery liked to stay if they had provided part time positions
I liked having the experience of the call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Raeford, NCSeptember 22, 2017
I only wished they could have allowed me to continue to work doing something else because of an injury that I had outside of work. Instead of sending me back and forth to get papers signed.
A nice enviroment to work at
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLSeptember 22, 2017
The work place was durable .... I was able o get the job done.
I enjoyed my time while I was there. They were able to assist me if I needed time off and the mangers were very helpful
Pros
No complaints
Cons
No complaints
I wasn't cut out for it
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WISeptember 21, 2017
Working from home is great, but answering call after call can be mentally and emotionally exhausting. I had some co workers who loved it and some who did not. If you don't mind call centers then this is a great place to work.
low wages no chance for advancement
Customer Service/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLSeptember 21, 2017
low wages no raise in 4 yrs corp. said can't afford it don't care for employees problems, no day care not our problem car broke down leave early and walk. thats sykes from the inside
N/a
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 21, 2017
It wasnt a pleasant experience and after working there over a year i didnt get a raise. If I had a way to explain it quickly it would be you never know where you stand.
productive
CUSTOMER SERVICE CARE REPRESENTATIVE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Kingstree, SCSeptember 21, 2017
Delivering exceptional customer care service and resolving issues over the phone in a timely friendly manner. Collaborated with other team members on special projects and events. Assisting customers on the sales floor while still learning and advancing in other areas of the business. Helping out with pricing, credit coordinating, sales, installs, special ordered products, etc.
The people there are are very kind
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sykes InternationalSeptember 21, 2017
Sykes is a great company you can learn a lot about the work at home field. They are pretty straight forward with the expectations from the employees and they have no problem paying you. I just something with a more flexible schedule.
Very nice job
Agent (Former Employee) –  Kingstree, SCSeptember 20, 2017
Sykes is fast paced and a little stressful at times, but it has a family atmosphere. The hardest part of the job is dealing with some of the customers that prefer getting nasty on the phone.
Cons
Distance
it was okay just a few things here and there
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Kingstree, SCSeptember 20, 2017
It was a good job to make fast money but the place it self need to be fixed and the employees that were there were not professional . Over all the job was good and there was a couple of friendly people out there.
sykes
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PASeptember 20, 2017
busy fast paced
insurance Medicare ppo hmo plain
management helped when needed
dealing with customers could be mean
working with people and helping customers
Pros
learn alot about insuance
Cons
hard work
Fun and Stressful at the same time
AT&T Agent (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCSeptember 20, 2017
The job is pretty much easy. The only problem is that when a customer doesn't want much done to their account and the time is less than 5 min on the phone, it hurts your score at the end of the day because the company has a specific time frame that they want you to keep customers on the line, etc. Management is alright but a lot of discrimination goes on at this job. I learned how to interact with customers, help them identify specific phones or issues that they have or want to discuss. The hardest part of the job is being able to notate the accounts before they get off of the lines with you.
Unorganized and immature
Call representative (Former Employee) –  Morristown, TNSeptember 20, 2017
Every day someone's job was being threatened for unnecessary reasons and nothing was ever good enough. Everyone always had issues with their pay (it not being enough or not being correct)
Pros
Hour lunches
Cons
Everything else.
Gone by training
Online Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLSeptember 20, 2017
Selectivity of candidates made me ask myself, "They must take anyone." They took me, but, I have three degrees. The rules were stiff and not even the trainers minded them. No cell phones, but everyone was on them. The trainer went on vacation after the first week, was good, but then I got Miss Attitude who summed up the computer training, "I can't teach navigation, you have to just figure it out." It took two weeks, still was unknown as to getting a sign on... which is hard when you are supposed to be online learning the software, and came and went before I ever got an employee number. But, the Aflac man made it.

Overall, they must have a hard time hiring qualified articulate people, perhaps because of low pay offering.

Nice facilities, but way too many attitudes, unkept security rules, tattoos, piercings and language for me to stay.
Pros
facility
Cons
culture

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.