Sylvan Crossings Assisted Living and Memory Care Employee Reviews

Very poor place to work overall
Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fitchburg, WI-Chapel ValleyJanuary 21, 2017
The job itself is okay, but the training for it is awfully conducted and not all staff are properly trained. Communication is horrible from management to staff and nothing is ever resolved; just put on a back burner. The pay is somewhat okay, but the benefits are awful, as are the incentives, which are hardly achievable. As for advancement opportunities, you will probably get demoted or fired before getting promoted. Management definitely has their favorites, and it is easily noticeable in the scheduling. It's hard to work for a place that goes through both management and other staff every other month. The only thing that kept me there as long as I did was the residents and the very few hard working staff members. You can tell the company is focused on making money, as they cut positions left and right, putting extra stress on everyone in their communities.
Pros
Residents are awesome, as are most staff
Cons
Everything else
Absolutely. terrible place to work or train
CNA (Former Employee) –  Waunakee, WIMay 10, 2016
Management is terrible, don't do anything.about issues, such as having a cook who doesn't cook good, been abusive to Res but is still there. There is staff that work hard to care for them the correct way, who try to do things the way they should, but the following day its a mess again and management lets it go. They do not support the staff that tryunless your in their little"click" managementies so much to cover up screw ups and reflects on staff. This is not what a training facility should be like.
Pros
you can come to work and do nothing and its ok
Cons
no advancement possible, poor management, no leadership values
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cudahy, WIJanuary 10, 2017
I have worked for Sylvan crossings for almost a year now and I love my job. You get to work so closely with the residents and get to know them on a individual level. Flexible hours, great benefits, and a feeling of community.
Pros
Compassionate care
Small and Family Friendly Company
Health Care Intern (Current Employee) –  Health Care InternJanuary 17, 2017
This a small and family friendly company that targets al the needs of the employees and their residents. They are passionate about giving the best care possible. They are great about looking out for their employees and taking care of all their staff members.
Pros
Getting to know all kinds of different people, meeting new residents, enjoying the time with everyone that works here, having a positive and supporting work environment, Free food during mealtimes
Rewarding
Life Enrichment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cudahy, WIJanuary 9, 2017
I have been with Sylvan Crossings (Cudahy) for 11 years. I love the residents and families. It is very humbling and rewarding to care for someone's loved one. I can honestly say that the staff and administrator are like family. Sylvan also paid for me to obtain my CNA which secures the fact that they truly do care about their staff and quality of care for the residents.
Pros
The residents
Cons
Can't think of anything
Great Place to Work!
Director (Current Employee) –  Waunakee, WIDecember 12, 2016
Sylvan Crossings is a great company to work for. The residents, families and staff are what really make my job so rewarding. Sylvan Crossings is always finding ways to help make our daily routines easier for us. We all work very well as a team for the common goal and that is our residents' happiness and safety.
Work envoirnment
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Jefferson, WIJuly 13, 2016
I believe that at subway the work environment was very pleasant and peaceful. Everyone for the most part was very well organized and easy to get along with. I learned about how to give proper customer service and learned how to handle hard and sticky situations. The hardest part of the job was getting very busy and being understaffed. I really enjoyed being able to do different things most days because nothing was ever the same with all different customers.
Pros
Free lunches, flexible with schedule
Cons
very short and little breaks
One of the best!
Team lead (Current Employee) –  Cudahy, WIJanuary 6, 2017
This is a great place with great people. The atmosphere is rich and cozy, which makes it very easy to ensure the best quality for our residents. I appreciate the experience .
Sylvan
Head Cook/Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIApril 11, 2016
Cooking Breakfast... Lunch and Dinner. Menu planning, Shopping
co-workers were great.Management was okay.
Hardest part changing the management.... a lot.
I enjoyed the residents and co workers.
Pros
residents and co workers.
Cons
changing the management.
Nice facility, Lots of gossip, Hardly any activities going on that the residents like
Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 8, 2013
Very nice facility, Some staff are great to work with and actually will work with you as a team, The gossip is the worst as far as where i have ever worked. Management well lets just say why are they there? To do the schedual and just cut your hours without warning? They are not very professional. The residents are awesome, love them so much as if they were my own family. The hardest part of the job is when some of the residents are two assist and you ask for help but never get it. I love being able to make the residents smile and laugh on my shift. I enjoy doing the charting on the residents, answering the phones, and also taking messages for managment when they are at a meeting or out for the day.
Pros
residents
Cons
gossip, hours never stay the same, hours get cut without warning.
Excellent Place to Work
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 26, 2015
This is an excellent place to work! The managers are nice, they are caring towards the residents and there are a lot of internal promotional opportunities available if you would like to move up. We have a lot of students that are working for us that go into nursing, social work, medical school and physician assistant programs. I like that I work with such dedicated professionals that care about my co-workers and residents. The residents are amazing and have so much wisdom to share too.
Pros
Paid time off! Flexible schedules
Cons
Seeing residents pass away, but it's part of the job
This is truly a home that cares about their residents
direct (Current Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIMarch 30, 2015
I have worked for this company for several years, I am so pleased to be part of this team. I see residents and their families so happy with the care they receive, this is known by the smiles from hour residents, and the satisfaction survey's that are shared within our team. This home has a cook that provides superb home cooked meals that shares the smells and aroma's to everyone. There is also an LEC who provides activities 7 days per week. Many CBRF's only provide activities Monday thru Friday, this home really cares about the residents and values keeping them fulfilled with daily enjoyment. I would recommend this home as an opportunity to be a part of the team.
Pros
Clean environmet, happy residents, families, and staff
Cons
I truly can't think of any
care giving
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cudahy, WIMarch 6, 2015
cleaning
laundry
toileting rounds
med passing
getting people dressed
taking care of residents
the hardest part was the lifting
the easiest part was working with others
Nice place to work.
Food Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Beaver Dam, WIDecember 15, 2012
Friendly people. Nice place to work. The staff cares about the residents.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sylvan Crossings Assisted Living and Memory Care. Our community is ready to answer.

Sylvan Crossings Assisted Living and Memory Care Reviews by Job Title