Sylvan Crossings Assisted Living and Memory Care Employee Reviews

underwent several different mangements.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waunakee, WINovember 14, 2017
The management didn't care about it employees and honestly didn't seem to care about the residents. There was always call ins and you had to do more than just your job. For example cooking in the kitchen and doing house keeping because we were so short staffed. It effected the employees and the residents.
unorganized, untrustworthy, and huge turnover
Employee (Former Employee) –  Waunakee, WIJuly 8, 2017
There are a lot of employees that are very unreliable and have poor attitudes. There is a huge turnover rate for employees, most quitting due to poor attendance requiring them to be mandated into 16 hour shift. It is hard to believe anything that is said/promised to you.
Pros
pleasant residents
Cons
too many to list
Lets speak the truth!
Facility Nurse (Former Employee) –  Waunakee, WIMarch 11, 2017
This company gives employees a chance for a drawing for a weekend away if you put in a positive review about working for them. The truth is the residents are not well cared for! Staff is under appreciated! Management is horrible.
Most unprofessional facility
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 15, 2017
Most unprofessional management I've ever worked for. They did not properly train their employees. Management is very lazy and give excuses why they can not do something. Very unorganized!! My second day training on the job I was left alone to run a shift by myself! Myself and many other employees have also worked countless nights By ourselves! The facility has the most unbelievable turn around with their employees. The management favorites certain employees. Horrible benifits. Save yourself the stress and do no work here!
Small and Family Friendly Company
Health Care Intern (Current Employee) –  Health Care InternJanuary 17, 2017
This a small and family friendly company that targets al the needs of the employees and their residents. They are passionate about giving the best care possible. They are great about looking out for their employees and taking care of all their staff members.
Pros
Getting to know all kinds of different people, meeting new residents, enjoying the time with everyone that works here, having a positive and supporting work environment, Free food during mealtimes
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cudahy, WIJanuary 10, 2017
I have worked for Sylvan crossings for almost a year now and I love my job. You get to work so closely with the residents and get to know them on a individual level. Flexible hours, great benefits, and a feeling of community.
Pros
Compassionate care
Rewarding
Life Enrichment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Cudahy, WIJanuary 9, 2017
I have been with Sylvan Crossings (Cudahy) for 11 years. I love the residents and families. It is very humbling and rewarding to care for someone's loved one. I can honestly say that the staff and administrator are like family. Sylvan also paid for me to obtain my CNA which secures the fact that they truly do care about their staff and quality of care for the residents.
Pros
The residents
Cons
Can't think of anything
One of the best!
Team lead (Current Employee) –  Cudahy, WIJanuary 6, 2017
This is a great place with great people. The atmosphere is rich and cozy, which makes it very easy to ensure the best quality for our residents. I appreciate the experience .
Great Place to Work!
Director (Current Employee) –  Waunakee, WIDecember 12, 2016
Sylvan Crossings is a great company to work for. The residents, families and staff are what really make my job so rewarding. Sylvan Crossings is always finding ways to help make our daily routines easier for us. We all work very well as a team for the common goal and that is our residents' happiness and safety.
Work envoirnment
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Jefferson, WIJuly 13, 2016
I believe that at subway the work environment was very pleasant and peaceful. Everyone for the most part was very well organized and easy to get along with. I learned about how to give proper customer service and learned how to handle hard and sticky situations. The hardest part of the job was getting very busy and being understaffed. I really enjoyed being able to do different things most days because nothing was ever the same with all different customers.
Pros
Free lunches, flexible with schedule
Cons
very short and little breaks
Sylvan
Head Cook/Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIApril 11, 2016
Cooking Breakfast... Lunch and Dinner. Menu planning, Shopping
co-workers were great.Management was okay.
Hardest part changing the management.... a lot.
I enjoyed the residents and co workers.
Pros
residents and co workers.
Cons
changing the management.
This is truly a home that cares about their residents
direct (Current Employee) –  Stevens Point, WIMarch 30, 2015
I have worked for this company for several years, I am so pleased to be part of this team. I see residents and their families so happy with the care they receive, this is known by the smiles from hour residents, and the satisfaction survey's that are shared within our team. This home has a cook that provides superb home cooked meals that shares the smells and aroma's to everyone. There is also an LEC who provides activities 7 days per week. Many CBRF's only provide activities Monday thru Friday, this home really cares about the residents and values keeping them fulfilled with daily enjoyment. I would recommend this home as an opportunity to be a part of the team.
Pros
Clean environmet, happy residents, families, and staff
Cons
I truly can't think of any
Excellent Place to Work
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 26, 2015
This is an excellent place to work! The managers are nice, they are caring towards the residents and there are a lot of internal promotional opportunities available if you would like to move up. We have a lot of students that are working for us that go into nursing, social work, medical school and physician assistant programs. I like that I work with such dedicated professionals that care about my co-workers and residents. The residents are amazing and have so much wisdom to share too.
Pros
Paid time off! Flexible schedules
Cons
Seeing residents pass away, but it's part of the job
care giving
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cudahy, WIMarch 6, 2015
cleaning
laundry
toileting rounds
med passing
getting people dressed
taking care of residents
the hardest part was the lifting
the easiest part was working with others
Nice facility, Lots of gossip, Hardly any activities going on that the residents like
Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 8, 2013
Very nice facility, Some staff are great to work with and actually will work with you as a team, The gossip is the worst as far as where i have ever worked. Management well lets just say why are they there? To do the schedual and just cut your hours without warning? They are not very professional. The residents are awesome, love them so much as if they were my own family. The hardest part of the job is when some of the residents are two assist and you ask for help but never get it. I love being able to make the residents smile and laugh on my shift. I enjoy doing the charting on the residents, answering the phones, and also taking messages for managment when they are at a meeting or out for the day.
Pros
residents
Cons
gossip, hours never stay the same, hours get cut without warning.
Nice place to work.
Food Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Beaver Dam, WIDecember 15, 2012
Friendly people. Nice place to work. The staff cares about the residents.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sylvan Crossings Assisted Living and Memory Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9