Sylvan Learning is the industry leader in providing supplemental education to children in pre-kindergarten through 12th grade. With nearly 30 successful years in the business, we guarantee positive educational results every step of the way. Our passionate instructors are certified, and our expert approach is personal and prescriptive, with each individual child’s needs in mind.
Our talented employees experience daily the impact they make. We’re an organization that prides itself in instilling knowledge and confidence in each customer we benefit! Join us, and be inspired!
As a Director, you will utilize your talents to manage the day-to-day operations of a Sylvan Learning Center, including responsibility over P&L controls, hiring staff, and optimizing the sales process, the curriculum delivery, and the marketing activities to schools and your surrounding community.
As a successful Director, you will:
Grow the Center:
- Direct the sales process of new and potential enrollments, including successfully handling initial inquiries from parents as well as consultations and conferences with parents.
- Engage in marketing activities to increase awareness of Sylvan Learning in your region.
- Monitor and track Center performance, revenues, expenses, and fee collection.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with teachers, educational specialists and other school administrators and parent/teacher organizations.
- Keep Mom & Dad informed on program progress.
- Make recommendations to alter program prescriptions or offer additional programs.
Manage & Train:
- Select, train, and manage Center employees (instructors, Director(s) , and other Center staff).
- Effectively lead center staff meetings with all FT employees; motivate and continually develop Center staff.
- Demonstrate and uphold a high level of staff morale and spirit; ensure the professional appearance of your Center.
- Select, hire, train & motivate all certified instructors, teachers and educational staff
- Contribute to center profitability by controlling labor budget through managing instructor staffing levels and schedules
- Provide oversight to staff related to all educational policies and procedures
- Partner with the Center Director to run operations
Ensure Educational Integrity:
- Motivate and develop staff through ongoing trainings and workshops
- Administer Sylvan Skills Assessments; analyze and interpret results
- Write and recommend goal-based programs for Sylvan Students as well as monitor programs for performance.
- Establish relationships and communications with students’ teachers for insights on school progress
- Create positive learning environment by modeling motivational behavior in the center for staff, students and parents, during all phases of the instructional program.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years teaching experience
- State level teaching certification (current or expired)
- Five + years of related experience (sales and marketing), with a strong focus on customer service
- Excellent verbal communication and persuasive skills, and the ability to build relationships
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts, analyze/interpret business reports and statistics, and write reports and business correspondence.
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work some evening hours, and some Saturdays.
- A Bachelor’s degree and Teaching certificate and/or experience in the education field.
What you get in return:
As a Sylvan team member, you’ll work in a fast-paced environment and make an impact on our business, watching your Learning Center grow! Our total rewards package includes:
- Base salary
- Lucrative incentives for meeting company objectives
- Medical benefits for full time employees
- Additionally, through on-the-job training and learning opportunities, you can develop your career
at Sylvan and succeed with us in future roles!
If you want to be a part of an inspired organization that believes in fostering knowledge and confidence in children, improving the lives of thousands of families every day - apply today, and don’t let this opportunity pass you by!
Position pays $40,000-$45,000 as a base with the possibility of monthly bonuses.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.