Job Title: Senior Software Engineer
Location: Onsite in Mountain View, CA
Job Type: Six-month contract (with possibility of conversion to full-time employee)
Join a world-class team of user experience professionals making life easier for customers of Symantec security products.
The Trust Services User Experience (UX) group at Symantec is seeking a talented, user-focused Senior Software Engineer. As a member of the User Experience team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate directly with UX writers, designers, and user researchers to create and improve internal tools that automate and streamline UX workflows, including content management.
Required experience includes developing applications using Microsoft Visual Studio, C# 2.0, and LINQ, and experience with Java properties files, XML, HTML, and XSLT. Experience with databases and content management systems helpful.
In this role, you'll:
- Create and/or enhance one or more applications through design, programming, and testing.
- Work on multiple applications or several areas within a single application.
- Reference and understand application and system documentation to support design, testing, or programming efforts with minimal assistance.
- Aid in gathering and analyzing requirements from stakeholders.
- Test and refine applications.
- Address enhancement requests.
- Create documentation on application use.
- Apply knowledge of the users, operations, and integration needs into standards and processes.
- Provide feedback on possible improvements.
- Accountability, composure, flexibility, creativity, time management, learning agility, listening, perseverance, action oriented, innovation, problem solving
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate and work in a team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with competing deadlines.
- Proven experience and expertise developing applications with Microsoft Visual Studio, C# 2.0, and LINQ.
- Strong experience and advance knowledge of Java properties files, XML, HTML, and XSLT.
- Familiarity with content management systems and databases.
- Familiarity with SVN or similar version control tools.
- Familiarity with JIRA or similar bug tracking tools.
- Familiarity with UX design tools (such as Axure) helpful, but not required.
Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field.
4-6 years in application development positions with high-level, problem-solving experience. Comfortable with varied aspects of Microsoft Visual Studio, C# 2.0, LINQ, XML, HTML, XSLT, Java properties, and content management systems.
Experience with advanced coding concepts and the software development life cycle (SDLC).
Indeed - 21 months ago
Symantec's future seems to be secure. The company provides security, storage, and systems management software for businesses and...