The Trust Services team delivers rich, dynamic interfaces for Symantec business units. We work on mobile, e-commerce, small-business, and enterprise markets.
This position is contract to hire.
- Write and edit accurate, concise, and intuitive UI content for Web-based security applications.
- Work with product management and marketing to create content for promotions of e-commerce security products.
- Define content tasks for each product release.
- Work with interaction and visual designers to ensure that content placement and user interface designs meet the needs of our users.
- Work with the global content manager to ensure that content is developed to meet the information architecture and localization plan.
- Work with other members of the User Experience team to develop prototypes for usability testing.
- Create and edit XML and HTML to incorporate content that has been developed.
- Ensure that content standards are defined and followed across all products.
- BA/BS in English, Journalism, Communications, Advertising, Creative Writing, Human Computer Interaction or related technical field.
- 5+ years of experience writing UI content (this position requires a good balance of technical writing and Web-based product writing and content strategy).
- Strong analytical skills to synthesize highly complex subject matter into concise, accessible, understandable, creative, snappy, fun, hip web content.
- Strong experience and advanced knowledge of creating, maintaining, debugging and editing XML and HTML.
- Experience with XMLSpy or similar XML editors, Dreamweaver, Microsoft Word, and Adobe PDF.
- Expert understanding and advocacy for Web user experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and collaborate with all departments in the organization.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines.
Please submit a short cover letter that describes your qualifications for this position along with your resume.