Symantec

Symantec Employer Reviews

Call center with wonderful coworkers
Associate Authentication Analyst (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAJuly 9, 2014
Pros: nice cowerkers
Cons: staggering lunch break which make it hard if one likes to have companion throughout the lunch hour
The job requires a big learning curve, but all the people on the floor were quite helpful as new hires integrated into the team. When I was there the management was changing, for the better, though it was toward the end of my time there. The hardest part of the job was definitely the learning curve as well as constant requirements change which made – more... it more difficult as one tried to understand the principal. The most enjoyable part was definitely the helpful coworkers. – less
Exciting and challenging organization.
Sr. Order and Business Ops Admin Services Manager (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAJuly 9, 2014
Pros: great training program
Cons: short breaks
I enjoyed and loved my work. I was challenged, impovered, and delivered superior results.
Localization Team Manager (Former Employee), San Luis Obispo, CAJuly 7, 2014
I learned a lot about localization with Symantec. Management eventually closed our offices to save $$$.
Great people, very dedicated to their careers.
Sr Principal SQL DBA
Sr. Principal Database Administrator (Current Employee), Herndon, VAJune 18, 2014
Pros: flexibility in hours
Cons: too frequent organization changes
Day to day activity to maintain existing database systems.
Coworkers were knowledgeable and passionate about their work.
I learned architecture design and hardware while I was there.
Walking on a razor blade with a great view
Systems Storage Engineer -- Business Critical (Former Employee), Remote USAJune 17, 2014
Pros: great when you are on the "in"
Cons: so easy to fall out
Working for Symantec was always a precarious day to day affair where you would be praised one day and could be on the street the next. The 80/20 rule applies to the staff and colleagues. Twenty percent great people and 80% climbers that have little commitment to anything but making themselves look better than the competition.

Endless changes in management – more... where you can never really get a handle on a direction.

Not much better or worse than most of the big IT outfits but they spend and inordinate amount of time trying to convince you they are so much better than the rest.

When you are in the "in" crowd, you can do no wrong. One slip, and you are not with the "in" crowd and you are on your way out the door. – less
Good legacy but qustanable future
Sr. SQA Engineer (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAJune 16, 2014
Pros: good historic productline
Cons: what's in the future?? and will the management surview to implement any plan it has?
Still continues to be one of the biggest names in the security but not sure of the future.
Already the focus on innovation and new organic growth was missing and now The constant changes in management are making it even worse.
Overall good company to work for
Product Marketing Specialist (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAMay 23, 2014
This place is a great place to start your career if you are a paralegal or office assistant.
Productive and Fun working place
IT Manager (Current Employee), Mountain View, CAMay 20, 2014
Great Co-workers
Excellent Work Life Balance
Good management
Great office
Great place to work , sorry about the products
Sales Systems Engineer (Former Employee), MexicoMay 19, 2014
Pros: great management, great benefits, growth opportunities
Cons: product portfolio
Symantec is a great place to work , highly organized as a company , but the products are going downhill. Outside of that everything is really great, the management, the teams , the sales org.
Fantastic Management and Technical Teams
Senior Program manager (Former Employee), Redwood City, CAMay 9, 2014
Good work-life balance. Get to work with very talented people.
productive and enjoyable place to work
Associate expense reporting representative (Former Employee), Eugene,OregonMay 1, 2014
Pros: i learned something different than i had ever done, they had a great work place
Cons: this was only a temporary job, and although they extended my time there a couple of times the need for a temp was finished
a typical day was sorting and delivering the expense reports to the person that was responsible for processing them, and doing what ever they needed me to do .
I learned how expense reports are processed and the importance of the team effort to get the people paid.
Management was great and they spent a lot of time with team building functions and rewards.
The – more... co-workers were very friendly and accepted me into their work place.
The hardest part of the job was just learning a total new process than I had ever done before
The most enjoyable part was being able to learn and function in a different job. My co-workers liked to laugh and kept the atmosphere very enjoyable – less
Summary
SOC Manager (Current Employee), VAApril 27, 2014
A great company to learn Network Security. You will travel and meet other people with all types of back rounds.
Fun working in Symantec.
DISSERTATION AND INTERNSHIP (Current Employee), PuneApril 20, 2014
People are very nice, helpful and hardworking. Culture is just so awesome.
Just horrible
Enablement Specialist (Ops) (Former Employee), Springfield, ORApril 17, 2014
Pros: on site cafeteria and gym
Cons: the work environment
It's sad because when I first started at Symantec I loved it there. I mean to the point of "I really get to do this for a living?"

Reality is the only good thing about Symantec is the people. I met some great people working there, a few are still with the company but most are gone.

The company doesn't give raises, managers play favorites, you never – more... know when you're job duties will change and in what way. I was hired for a specific job but over the years it morphed into something for which I never would have applied. The processes at Symantec are so convoluted they create stress where there should be next to none.

Symantec has the capability of being a great place to work but goes out of Its way to be horrible instead. As I said, it's sad. – less
Good Work/ Life Balance
Director, Solution Architecture (Current Employee), Mountain View, CaApril 16, 2014
Highly paying organization with good work/ life balance. Leadership is having strategy challenges which is impacting the overall business.
Great place to work for 15+ years
Manager, Content Programs, Global Sales Enablement (Former Employee), Remote, OregonApril 14, 2014
Pros: great teams of people
Cons: new leadership, a lot of change
A lot of change to manage in this company - great, hard working people that want to make a difference. Leadership team is new and still working out kinks. I worked remotely as part of a global team - loved the independence of working alone but enjoyed the team aspect and was engaged with people via conference calls and team meetings the majority of – more... my days. I worked autonomously and loved it! – less
A security supermarket
Senior Manager, Product Management (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAApril 1, 2014
It is a lot of work but it never seems like you are making progress.
Change
Accounting (Current Employee), Mountain View, CaMarch 31, 2014
Pros: never a dull moment
Cons: never a dull moment. your head will spin
The company is going through a lot of changes right now. New CFO, CAO and CEO. It is difficult to understand the direction that management is taking the Company.
Senior ETL Developer (Former Employee), Mountain View, CAMarch 24, 2014
Nice Environment
Encouraging Management
nice Co-workers
Offshore Coordination
Quality People
Senior IT Manager, Platform Engineering (Former Employee), Cupertino, CAMarch 18, 2014
I worked for Veritas when it was acquired by Symantec. Loved my time with Veritas, not so much with Symantec. We lost our focus and vision when the acquisition happened. We tried to combine to compnaies with very different cultures.

1 2 3 4 5

About Symantec

Symantec's future seems to be secure. The company provides security, storage, and systems management software for businesses and – Read more