Symbolic Systems, Inc. is experiencing high growth in a dynamic and challenging government environment. Position is available for a MS .NET Developer/Architect to add to a highly skilled technical team in Aberdeen, Maryland. The Developer/Architect should have strong development experience utilizing MS .NET and MS SQL Server and should be well versed in the fundamentals of the web application development on windows platforms. The candidate should be able to effectively communicate with a variety of audiences, including but not limited to team members, management, and stake holders regarding design approach and issues. The candidate should have strong leadership and problem solving skills and possess the ability to multi-task and thrive in flexible and changing environments.
Specific job functions include:
- Design, develop, test, and implement new applications and support enhancements to existing applications.
- Work with technical staff and other developers through all phases of the project development lifecycle
- Trouble-shoot & fix complex issues/bugs in existing applications.
- Contribute to technical specifications, and design documents
- Layout and design professional and polished UI.
- Provide technical expertise on systems, market trends, technology directions, and product directions as directed.
- Experience: 4-5 years web application development experience
- Database Programming: 4+ years developing data driven applications using MS SQL Server, T-SQL, Stored Procedures, and Triggers.
- Knowledge and understanding of XHTML, HTML, CSS, design patterns and cross-browser development.
- Expert understanding of Object Oriented design concepts.
- Experience with JSON based web services.
- Strong ability to multitask and effectively keep high quality as a priority
- Proven ability to work well in a technical, fast paced and challenging environment.
- Strong technical skills.
- Strong knowledge of web application development tools, technologies, and languages.
- Proven ability to develop robust, efficient code for core areas in complex projects
- Strong understanding of full development life cycle
- Ability to work in a team as well as individually as required.
Preferred Experience (a plus):
- ActionScript 3.0 is a plus
- MS SharePoint experience
- Experiencing Interfacing with MS Project Server data
- Experience with IBM WebSphere
Position is located in Aberdeen, MD. for Symbolic Systems, Inc. College Degree required. MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN due to government subcontracting and be able to pass an extensive background check (no arrests, bench warrants) and financial check (no bankruptcies, liens) and obtain a Secret Security Clearance.
A Premier Provider of Information Technology for 40+ years. Symbolic is a high growth company with five locations in the United States. www.symbolic.com
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Indeed - 20 months ago