Symmetry Medical

Symmetry Medical Employer Reviews

Good company to work for
Machinist / Leader (Current Employee), Warsaw, INJanuary 4, 2014
They have good benefits and are willing to work with you if time off is needed.
Production,
Associate Worker (Former Employee), Warsaw, INNovember 26, 2013
When I started my day, I would go in find out where my assignment was. Then I would go to my area and start work, sometimes the supervisor would put me in other areas, take my breaks on time.
I learned how to polish cup backs, so that the part would get laser etched, then it went to packaging. Which was another area I did as well. Management was good – more... at what they did, The management did not make me feel like a team player. After a year there I had topped out on raises and I wouldn't be up for any raises. My co-workers was a joy at times to work with.
The hardest part of the job was making sure I didn't mess up the order and the parts.
The most enjoyable part of the job: Knowing that I was helping the surgeons make a great part and knowing that the surgeons was doing something for the patient. – less
Productive and fast-paced work environment
Product Specialist (Former Employee), Londonderry, NHNovember 14, 2013
Pros: availability for overtime
Cons: lack of opportunity for advancement
The most rewarding part of the job was assisting other team members who were not as savvy with Thermoform Plastic Parts Machining.
Disorganised&Dishonest
Engineer (Former Employee), New Bedford MANovember 9, 2013
Pros: hard working people on the floor
Cons: hr and mgrs are disrespectful to the people on the floor, and the offices are just as terrible
Avoid Symmetry Medical of New Bedford MA. if you're not in their click, you're out!
I have 19 years experience in medical devices in Warsaw Indiana.
I relocated locally to this company and I must say
This Massachusetts company is more of a "run of the mill" gossip company rather than the real purpose of what their business should be behind.If you must – more... bow down to their leaders.
There was a reduction in work force(layoff) and during their decision making of who to let go was a more of "who they like" rather than who does the job well, I know because I've sat in those 2 meetings during both layoffs in that year. I tried to keep the experienced workers but they chose the buddy system over business senses.
After one year, I resigned from the company and returned to my former employer in Warsaw. Without giving a notice Symmetry Medical of New Bedford because they deserved that much input from me!

HR and MGRs are disrespectful to the people on the floor, and the office workers are just as terrible to each other.

"AVOID SYMMETRY MEDICAL OF NEW BEDFFORD MASSACHUSETTS" – less
Good working environment, great people to work with
Orthopedic Polisher (Former Employee), Avilla, INOctober 14, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: no chance for advancements
I would recommend this company to others because they are willing to listen to new ideas. They offer a friendly work environment, and excellent benefits.
CNC Machine
CNC machinist (Former Employee), Claypool, INOctober 1, 2013
I ran a machine and the third shift just whooped me. I could not get used to it at all.
Very calm, and positive environment.
CNC machinist (Current Employee), Avilla, INSeptember 29, 2013
Pros: laid back, friendly coworkers
Cons: no raises
If you like to move around and run various machines. This is the place. Management seems to be genuinely set on letting you move around and learn all aspects of the shop. Only thing is there has been no raises for multiple years.
Relaxed Atmosphere
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Avilla, INAugust 12, 2013
This environment was easy to work in as long as you did what you were supposed to do. It was great, often did more that what I would be quoted in a day.
not a fun place to work
Service Prep Technician (Former Employee), Lansing, MichiganJuly 13, 2013
Pros: pay ok
Cons: breathed in pollutants
Dirty and oily inside. No lunch served. Only two vending machines.
Factory setting making parts
Tooling Expediter (Former Employee), Lansing, MIMay 28, 2013
This job started out well. A typical day started at 7am working first shift. i learned many aspects of the manufacturing trade from start to finish. My boss treated everyone fairly as everyone was required to do their job to the best of their abilities. My fellow co-workers started out as just that, but over time became friends. Then the company lost – more... millions of dollars in contracts over night effectively getting half of the shop including myself laid off. – less
great learning experience
Clean and pack (Former Employee), Warsaw, INMay 4, 2013
I enjoyed working for this company. The managers were all really kind and understanding to every person. I loved working with all of my co workers at this company.
Good place to work.
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee), Manchester, NHApril 17, 2013
Pros: good healthcare benefits, 401k and vacation leave time
I worked at Symmetry Medical for more than 14 years and enjoyed my experience in Accounts Receivable, Billing, Collections and Payroll. I was hired basically to do Accounts Receivable, but was asked to take on more responsibility doing Payroll. Accounts Receivable position is the part of my job that I enjoyed the most, as I liked deciphering where to – more... post payments and researching account records to help customer's better understand their status of account.
I enjoyed working with customers to help serve them well. – less
a good place to work , oppourtunity to learn, good pay and beneifits
CNC Machinist (Former Employee), Warsaw, INApril 10, 2013
Pros: good field that continually grows
Cons: must stay focused at all times at jobs at hand to maintain a exceptional quality
excellent place to work , good quality of people, workers as well as supervisors. fast paced environment and attention to detail is a must with paperwork as well as the inspection of parts.
not a fun place
machine operator (Former Employee), new bedford maJanuary 31, 2013
Pros: people
Cons: breaks were short, lunch as well
Not very pleasurable; dirty at times; not flexible with anything, ecspecailly pay
Fun and productive, onsite gym, showers.
Quality Final Audit Inspector (Former Employee), Lansing, MIOctober 23, 2012
Pros: very technical, holding tight tolerances, affordable healthcare, due to competitive wages
Cons: short breaks when we were at our peak production, dirty at times. long time employees looking down on newer.
Punch in on time many times early to prepare for the work day. Check tools of measure to ensure they are in good working order. Check with the team leader for direction on what is hot to be shipped. Verify job,and part numbers with audit sheets to be filled in with accurate measurements and readable penmanship. White out is not allowed on any audit – more... sheets, make a mistake and start over. if this occurs your production of the job falls behind. Depending on what is being audited depends on what tools will be needed to accurately measure, tools would vary from point mics, flat mics, CMM, Comparitors, height gauges, fixturing, carbon tipped calipers were the most used tool for scribbing parts at a designated length. If the tolerances are close reference of blueprints are required. Micro structure was also performed if working with titanium. Looking under a microscope to determine the structure is a pass or fail. If any part fails any part of the audit, it is marked and sent for rework, returned and rechecked. Many jobs are done with a sample size of a large quantity of parts and if the parts are failing to many areas a 100% check would have to be done on all parts within that job number. Audits of knees, hips, cups, shoulders elbows and bone plates, made of various medical grade medals; Cobalt, titanium, stainless steel, and chromium. As long as you are staying on task management was never a problem. The hardest part of the job was not making any mistakes on the audit sheets. I enjoyed knowing when i finished an audit the parts were as perfect as I could allow them to be. Co-workers could be a bit hard to understand, some liked to create drama. I was not interested in that environment and stayed clear of them. Most were very helpful and easy to talk to. – less
Massachusetts plant
Planner (Former Employee), New Bedford, MAOctober 6, 2012
I worked here for 9 months and almost every engineer that was there when I started had left for better pastures by the time I was included in the 3rd layoff during my tenure. My direct managers kept leaving and 6 months into the job, two had already left and the 3rd was exploring other opportunities. It kills me that I left a well-run company for a – more... disaster. Don't be fooled by the 'front' this place puts on for potential candidates. – less
good place to work
machinist (Former Employee), New Bedford, MASeptember 12, 2012
Pros: chefs food
Cons: needs a little more benefits
a typical day at work good people from new bedford they keep you busy which is good shortens up the day
Symmetry Medical is a good company.
Surface Prep Technician (Former Employee), Lansing, MIAugust 15, 2012
Pros: culture of inclusion
Cons: frequent layoffs
As a Surface Prep Technician, a typical day at Symmetry Medical begins with retrieving parts from furnaces, auto blasting parts, and hand-blasting parts prior to moving them to next operation. During my six years stay at Symmetry Medical I learned to manage my time in a way that enabled me to get products out of my work area on time.
Management does – more... not pressure employees but ensures employees understand what is required of them. They also make employees feel as part of the system therefore everyone works hard to get the job done. The hardest part of my job was refilling the auto-blaster with media. However I enjoyed seeing all my outputs pass quality inspection, – less
Many good people to work with.
Machinist Level II - Tooling Dept (Former Employee), Lansing, MIJuly 8, 2012
Very little direct management in fact there was no supervisor to go to for the second shift at all.
not a pleasant place to work
Value Stream Manager Machine Operations (Former Employee), Lansing, MIJune 1, 2012
I would never willingly return to working for this company.