Symmetry Medical Employee Reviews

Good Place
Project Management (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INJune 4, 2017
I would say they it is a good pace to work. I left due to a management issue but that particular manager is no longer there. That is a good thing for this company.
productive
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHMay 26, 2017
Learned how to work with metal and what goes in a kit for replacing a knee. I wasn't there long enough to really understand some of the job that well.
Cons
temp job, no benfits
Horrible
Machinist Operator (Former Employee) –  NhJanuary 13, 2017
When I worked at symety the management did all they could to get their bonuses and forget about anything else. This is a share holder run company that's all about profits.
They lacked in training(real training, not some rediculus class being run by a hired efficiency "expert")the programming department was horrible except for a select few people.good luck getting any support or answers on anything.
Overall, management was a joke and they loved keeping their employees bent over w/ the threat of loosing their jobs because they could "fire at will".
I'd never work for this company again. In fact, I wouldn't even recommend this as a starter job.
Pros
Bennies
Cons
Management is a freakin joke. Hostile work environment.
Very target orientated disregarding both employees and customers
Quality Director (Former Employee) –  Symmetry Medical SheffieldOctober 14, 2016
I spent over 20 years at Symmetry Medical Sheffield and most of this time we went from panic to panic. Cash was king and was the be and end all. During my last year ( I gave a years notice) I was treated very badly and ignored/ lied to. I gave my all during my employment and to be mistreated in my final year before retirement was something I found hard to accept. I should have expected this treatment as this is not unusual working for this group.
I miss the employees who worked their hearts out with little praise or reward
Pros
Employees
Cons
Targets, targets, targets
Design Supervisor/Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 17, 2016
Great place to work, good employees great team work. Good pay, boss is easy to talk to...really like this company. Customers very satisfied with our work at Symmetry. Good chance for advancement and training. Pays for schooling and has good insurance.
Pros
Work together as a team.
Cons
Our working place can be enjoyable.....yes it can be !
Tool Maker 3 / Tool Designer (Current Employee) –  New Bedford, MAFebruary 19, 2016
The people around us makes our day good or bad and we always had wonderful people working with us ......but when my BOSS have a bad day....guess what ?
After so many years working in the medical field...... The challenges are minimized by our knowledge and experiences. Working together and helping each other we learn so much ......and most importantly....
we go back home at the end of the day with a great smile. Yes, life is wonderful and we will miss the great people we have at Symmetry Medical that will be closing its doors by July 2016.
Pros
Company outings bring us together as a family and we will miss that !
Cons
We have a great workforce but weak management, that's why we are closing down.
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHJanuary 31, 2016
Very Productive great people to work with always willing to give a helping hand
They tough me how to inspect & screen print
some Management were better then others
Great people fun to work with
Pros
always had something going on for the Employees
Cons
they pay employees at different rates I was making more then some that were there a year
Symmetry Medical (out of business)
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAJanuary 25, 2016
Managed multiple calls from customers in an effort to organize their accounts.

I learned that communication is essential in the daily running of business.

Hardest part of this job was trying to get parts out of production.

Most enjoyable part of this job was speaking with customers.
I'm one of the few that loved it here.
CNC Machine Setup/Operator (Current Employee) –  New Bedford, MAJanuary 19, 2016
Was a nice place ,close to home, and people were easy to get along with.Too bad some jerk over at tecomet decided it'd be a great idea to close the place.
Cons
Its closing, enough said.
Exciting place to work.
Manufacturing Manager (Current Employee) –  New Bedford, MADecember 30, 2015
Symmetry Medical/Tecomet has been a very exciting place to work. I have had the ability to learn and grow personally and professionally.
Fantastic fitness room.
CNC Operator (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIOctober 20, 2015
Symmetry is a 6 day a week plant, but most Supervisors will try to work with you. I have enjoyed the time spent with many employees here.
Pros
Straight 8 hour work shifts.
Cons
Short 20 minute lunches
Good People
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Avilla, INOctober 18, 2015
With the impending closing of the Symmetry Medical Avilla facility, the true character of its employees has come shining through. All who have chosen to stay until the end have been truly professional and a reflection of what was once a good place to work.
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
Plant Closing
Great place to work with interaction n the community
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INOctober 14, 2015
A very nice place to work, great benefits, great people. Involvement in Relay for life and various other community events.
great benefits and friendly employees very helpfull
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHOctober 6, 2015
great benefits highly professional and great at training also lots of caliper and measuring tools also injection molding.
A great place to learn and advance
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Avilla, INAugust 12, 2015
Most likely would not leave the Avilla facility, would probably have retired from there.
But Symmetry was bought out by a larger company and are closing the facility.
Overall I was proud to be a team member and appreciate the opportunities I was given.
This was a great place to work for.
Brake Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHJuly 22, 2015
I enjoyed working for Symmetry Medical mainly because there was always opportunities for me to grow further and learn more.
Pros
All staff was amazing
Cons
It was a temporary position
Constantly changing and fast paced work environment.
Forge Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIJuly 16, 2015
A typical day for me would include meeting with the previous operator to determine what job or part was running, and what my benchers needed to work on. My cell consisted of three press' and 2-3 benchers. And a part of my job was to make sure the benchers were working on the jobs they were supposed to and that it was being done properly. All parts are processed similarly in the way we heat the parts in ovens and forge them in large a press, and do bench work in between forge operations. i would do audits and measure various aspects of the parts and make any changes to the setup if necessary to keep parts within tolerance. Between jobs i would have to changes dies and trim tooling for different parts or Operations depending on the schedule.
Pros
co-workers were great to work with and very helpful when i first started.
Cons
accountability between shifts
Tough environment
Employee (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHMay 20, 2015
Its a real challenge to succeed in an environment that is FDA regulated understaffed and overly focussed on the short term while outwardly claiming to believe in continuous improvement.
Pros
Free popcorn
Cons
Unreasonable expectations
Facility Moving in Right Direction
Engineering, Quality / Regulatory Affairs Manager (Current Employee) –  Avilla, INMay 5, 2015
People make it great. Facility show great growth over the past 2 years. Management works hard to support the employees.
Just fine
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INMarch 31, 2015
Worked on 2nd shift in manufacturing. Nice people to work with. No complaints at all. If necessary I would work there again.
Pros
free clinic
Cons
difficult to transition from off-shift to first shift