Symmetry Medical Employee Reviews

Design Supervisor/Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 17, 2016
Great place to work, good employees great team work. Good pay, boss is easy to talk to...really like this company. Customers very satisfied with our work at Symmetry. Good chance for advancement and training. Pays for schooling and has good insurance.
Pros
Work together as a team.
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHJanuary 31, 2016
Very Productive great people to work with always willing to give a helping hand
They tough me how to inspect & screen print
some Management were better then others
Great people fun to work with
Pros
always had something going on for the Employees
Cons
they pay employees at different rates I was making more then some that were there a year
Symmetry Medical (out of business)
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAJanuary 25, 2016
Managed multiple calls from customers in an effort to organize their accounts.

I learned that communication is essential in the daily running of business.

Hardest part of this job was trying to get parts out of production.

Most enjoyable part of this job was speaking with customers.
I'm one of the few that loved it here.
CNC Machine Setup/Operator (Current Employee) –  New Bedford, MAJanuary 19, 2016
Was a nice place ,close to home, and people were easy to get along with.Too bad some jerk over at tecomet decided it'd be a great idea to close the place.
Cons
Its closing, enough said.
Good People
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Avilla, INOctober 18, 2015
With the impending closing of the Symmetry Medical Avilla facility, the true character of its employees has come shining through. All who have chosen to stay until the end have been truly professional and a reflection of what was once a good place to work.
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
Plant Closing
Exciting place to work.
Manufacturing Manager (Current Employee) –  New Bedford, MADecember 30, 2015
Symmetry Medical/Tecomet has been a very exciting place to work. I have had the ability to learn and grow personally and professionally.
Fantastic fitness room.
CNC Operator (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIOctober 20, 2015
Symmetry is a 6 day a week plant, but most Supervisors will try to work with you. I have enjoyed the time spent with many employees here.
Pros
Straight 8 hour work shifts.
Cons
Short 20 minute lunches
Constantly changing and fast paced work environment.
Forge Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIJuly 16, 2015
A typical day for me would include meeting with the previous operator to determine what job or part was running, and what my benchers needed to work on. My cell consisted of three press' and 2-3 benchers. And a part of my job was to make sure the benchers were working on the jobs they were supposed to and that it was being done properly. All parts are processed similarly in the way we heat the parts in ovens and forge them in large a press, and do bench work in between forge operations. i would do audits and measure various aspects of the parts and make any changes to the setup if necessary to keep parts within tolerance. Between jobs i would have to changes dies and trim tooling for different parts or Operations depending on the schedule.
Pros
co-workers were great to work with and very helpful when i first started.
Cons
accountability between shifts
Great place to work with interaction n the community
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Warsaw, INOctober 14, 2015
A very nice place to work, great benefits, great people. Involvement in Relay for life and various other community events.
A great place to learn and advance
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Avilla, INAugust 12, 2015
Most likely would not leave the Avilla facility, would probably have retired from there.
But Symmetry was bought out by a larger company and are closing the facility.
Overall I was proud to be a team member and appreciate the opportunities I was given.
great benefits and friendly employees very helpfull
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHOctober 6, 2015
great benefits highly professional and great at training also lots of caliper and measuring tools also injection molding.
This was a great place to work for.
Brake Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHJuly 22, 2015
I enjoyed working for Symmetry Medical mainly because there was always opportunities for me to grow further and learn more.
Pros
All staff was amazing
Cons
It was a temporary position
Before being bought three or more time this was a awsome place to work.
Machinist I (Former Employee) –  Claypool, INMarch 4, 2015
In 2003-2005 this was a great place to work. Workers were well paid and advancement was fast paced. Experts were in charge of training and you had the latest information on what was going on with the company.
Pros
Cons
Company gets sold alot and the rules change every few years.
You choose, fire or frying pan
employee (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHFebruary 4, 2015
95 / 5 rule. 95% of work force works hard to make product with a lack of resources, poor training, and 5% of management has a clue. Like most places, some great people working the lines, its management that is lacking. Do not recommend. Us on the lines worked many weekends the past year, worked mothers day weekend, etc....its a place that will burn you out.
Fast paced quality detailed company
Planning Coordinator/Purchasing (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHJanuary 17, 2015
Having worked at Symmetry Medical I have had the chance to experience the growth of the company to a World Class company.
I have also been able to learn and grow in many aspects of the company from the Production Floor to Purchasing.
The Management team are hands on people and are not afraid to jump in to get done what needs to be done to achieve on time deliveries.
Safety is their number 1 priority... "All employees return home in the same condition they reported to work".
With 250 plus employees it is like a family and I have made some wonderful friendships over the yrs. People are caring and respectful of each other.
A day on the job at Symmetry is face paced and quality detailed with the end result of shipping the customers orders to their specifications.
Pros
company bar-b-ques, service awards
Cons
pay raises
Tough environment
Employee (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHMay 20, 2015
Its a real challenge to succeed in an environment that is FDA regulated understaffed and overly focussed on the short term while outwardly claiming to believe in continuous improvement.
Pros
Free popcorn
Cons
Unreasonable expectations
Stay Away
QC inspector (Former Employee) –  New Bedford MASeptember 22, 2014
Do not work for this place, I worked here for 6 years and was laid for not being in the brown nose circle. Then they have the nerve to ask me back as a temporary employee. I must of had over 10 supervisors while I was there. Very few professionals stay at this place for to long. The pay is low for the type of work I was doing and the raises were none. Every year the benefits decreased. The management there at the time was a joke, I heard it hasn't changed much since I left. Surprised they are still in business.
Pros
good people on the floor to work with
Cons
lousy management team.no advancement, bad pay raise
Lansing Branch Sucked
Surface prep tech-Parts Fitter (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJanuary 27, 2015
Lansing branch sucks to work for. Maybe because alot of the workers are protected by their "high" friends. Groups are created according favoritism. This company has been change to different owners 2 times in the last 10 yrs, which tells me that the company will not be a good company to work with. Like the old c.E.O. Of the company was talking about, "this would not be a good place to build your house".

Very unorganized, dirty, 5 s fails all day, would definitly fail osha in all aspects, upper management sucks, hr sucks, company does not worry about your health with breathing in pollutants. Overall, not recommended to work at unless your are in that "management's circle of friends". If I had 10 thumbs, all of them would be pointing down for this company.
Pros
no pros at all.
Cons
feel real bad for tecomat for buying the place, they will not be able to change the place, bad investment on your guys end, tecomat.
Factory setting making parts
Tooling Expediter (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMay 28, 2013
This job started out well. A typical day started at 7am working first shift. i learned many aspects of the manufacturing trade from start to finish. My boss treated everyone fairly as everyone was required to do their job to the best of their abilities. My fellow co-workers started out as just that, but over time became friends. Then the company lost millions of dollars in contracts over night effectively getting half of the shop including myself laid off.
Good place to work.
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Manchester, NHApril 17, 2013
I worked at Symmetry Medical for more than 14 years and enjoyed my experience in Accounts Receivable, Billing, Collections and Payroll. I was hired basically to do Accounts Receivable, but was asked to take on more responsibility doing Payroll. Accounts Receivable position is the part of my job that I enjoyed the most, as I liked deciphering where to post payments and researching account records to help customer's better understand their status of account.
I enjoyed working with customers to help serve them well.
Pros
good healthcare benefits, 401k and vacation leave time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Symmetry Medical. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8