Symmetry Medical Employee Reviews

This was a great place to work for.
Brake Press Operator (Former Employee), Manchester, NHJuly 22, 2015
Pros: All staff was amazing
Cons: It was a temporary position
I enjoyed working for Symmetry Medical mainly because there was always opportunities for me to grow further and learn more.
Constantly changing and fast paced work environment.
Forge Fabricator (Current Employee), Lansing, MIJuly 16, 2015
Pros: co-workers were great to work with and very helpful when i first started.
Cons: accountability between shifts
A typical day for me would include meeting with the previous operator to determine what job or part was running, and what my benchers needed to work on. My cell consisted of three press' and 2-3 benchers. And a part of my job was to make sure the benchers were working on the jobs they were supposed to and that it was being done properly. All parts are processed similarly in the way we heat the parts in ovens and forge them in large a press, and do bench work in between forge operations. i would do audits and measure various aspects of the parts and make any changes to the setup if necessary to keep parts within tolerance. Between jobs i would have to changes dies and trim tooling for different parts or Operations depending on the schedule.
Tough environment
Employee (Former Employee), Manchester, NHMay 20, 2015
Pros: Free popcorn
Cons: Unreasonable expectations
Its a real challenge to succeed in an environment that is FDA regulated understaffed and overly focussed on the short term while outwardly claiming to believe in continuous improvement.
Facility Moving in Right Direction
Engineering, Quality / Regulatory Affairs Manager (Current Employee), Avilla, INMay 5, 2015
People make it great. Facility show great growth over the past 2 years. Management works hard to support the employees.
Just fine
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee), Warsaw, INMarch 31, 2015
Pros: free clinic
Cons: difficult to transition from off-shift to first shift
Worked on 2nd shift in manufacturing. Nice people to work with. No complaints at all. If necessary I would work there again.
Before being bought three or more time this was a awsome place to work.
Machinist I (Former Employee), Claypool, INMarch 4, 2015
Pros: Everything
Cons: Company gets sold alot and the rules change every few years.
In 2003-2005 this was a great place to work. Workers were well paid and advancement was fast paced. Experts were in charge of training and you had the latest information on what was going on with the company.
You choose, fire or frying pan
employee (Former Employee), Manchester, NHFebruary 4, 2015
95 / 5 rule. 95% of work force works hard to make product with a lack of resources, poor training, and 5% of management has a clue. Like most places, some great people working the lines, its management that is lacking. Do not recommend. Us on the lines worked many weekends the past year, worked mothers day weekend, etc....its a place that will burn you out.
not worth your time
Quality Assurance Inspector (Current Employee), Warsaw, INJanuary 29, 2015
Management lies to employees before they walk into the door
Lansing Branch Sucked
Surface prep tech-Parts Fitter (Former Employee), Lansing, MIJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: no pros at all.
Cons: feel real bad for tecomat for buying the place, they will not be able to change the place, bad investment on your guys end, tecomat.
LANSING BRANCH SUCKS TO WORK FOR. MAYBE BECAUSE ALOT OF THE WORKERS ARE PROTECTED BY THEIR "HIGH" FRIENDS. GROUPS ARE CREATED ACCORDING FAVORITISM. THIS COMPANY HAS BEEN CHANGE TO DIFFERENT OWNERS 2 TIMES IN THE LAST 10 YRS, WHICH TELLS ME THAT THE COMPANY WILL NOT BE A GOOD COMPANY TO WORK WITH. LIKE THE OLD C.E.O. OF THE COMPANY WAS TALKING ABOUT, "THIS WOULD NOT BE A GOOD PLACE TO BUILD YOUR HOUSE".

VERY UNORGANIZED, DIRTY, 5 S FAILS ALL DAY, WOULD DEFINITLY FAIL OSHA IN ALL ASPECTS, UPPER MANAGEMENT SUCKS, HR SUCKS, COMPANY DOES NOT WORRY ABOUT YOUR HEALTH WITH BREATHING IN POLLUTANTS. OVERALL, NOT RECOMMENDED TO WORK AT UNLESS YOUR ARE IN THAT "MANAGEMENT'S CIRCLE OF FRIENDS". IF I HAD 10 THUMBS, ALL OF THEM WOULD BE POINTING DOWN FOR THIS COMPANY.
Fast paced quality detailed company
Planning Coordinator/Purchasing (Current Employee), Manchester, NHJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: company bar-b-ques, service awards
Cons: pay raises
Having worked at Symmetry Medical I have had the chance to experience the growth of the company to a World Class company.
I have also been able to learn and grow in many aspects of the company from the Production Floor to Purchasing.
The Management team are hands on people and are not afraid to jump in to get done what needs to be done to achieve on time deliveries.
Safety is their number 1 priority... "All employees return home in the same condition they reported to work".
With 250 plus employees it is like a family and I have made some wonderful friendships over the yrs. People are caring and respectful of each other.
A day on the job at Symmetry is face paced and quality detailed with the end result of shipping the customers orders to their specifications.
Stay Away
QC inspector (Former Employee), New Bedford MASeptember 22, 2014
Pros: good people on the floor to work with
Cons: lousy management team.no advancement, bad pay raise
Do not work for this place, I worked here for 6 years and was laid for not being in the brown nose circle. Then they have the nerve to ask me back as a temporary employee. I must of had over 10 supervisors while I was there. Very few professionals stay at this place for to long. The pay is low for the type of work I was doing and the raises were none. Every year the benefits decreased. The management there at the time was a joke, I heard it hasn't changed much since I left. Surprised they are still in business.
Former Employee, terrible place to work
Brake press op (Former Employee), Manchester, NHSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: decent benifits package
Cons: little to no breaks, lack of competitive pay, no room for advancement, no raises and barely a bonus worth mentioning
Total lack of communication between shifts and management.
Management does not listen to operators who have years of experience with machines and work procedures and force employees to do things the wrong way then blame them for not doing it right.
Absolutely no training to be had, what training you may be able to get is from people who have been in the position maybe a little more than a month.
Group leaders are rude, stubborn, and many are uneducated in work procedures and machine functions and operations.
The people who work there are awesome and very easy to get along with, management is another story completely.
The pay is substandard on almost every position, and there is little to no room for any advancement or pay raises.
work in a manufacturing setting
Manufacturing Associate (Current Employee), Warsaw, INJuly 7, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: not what my degree is in
Its a nice place to work. It is fast paced and keeps me on my toes. I am just looking for something a little more that I went to school for.
Horrible Management, Layoffs.
QA Inspector (Former Employee), Warsaw, INJanuary 11, 2014
Your pay fluctuates depending on the year and what management feels like they want to spend money on (company picnic, employee day, etc.).

No real opportunity for advancement.

You're better off using this as a "get your foot in the door" orthopedic company and moving on to a bigger and better company when you have experience.
Good company to work for
Machinist / Leader (Current Employee), Warsaw, INJanuary 4, 2014
They have good benefits and are willing to work with you if time off is needed.
Production,
Associate Worker (Former Employee), Warsaw, INNovember 26, 2013
When I started my day, I would go in find out where my assignment was. Then I would go to my area and start work, sometimes the supervisor would put me in other areas, take my breaks on time.
I learned how to polish cup backs, so that the part would get laser etched, then it went to packaging. Which was another area I did as well. Management was good at what they did, The management did not make me – more... feel like a team player. After a year there I had topped out on raises and I wouldn't be up for any raises. My co-workers was a joy at times to work with.
The hardest part of the job was making sure I didn't mess up the order and the parts.
The most enjoyable part of the job: Knowing that I was helping the surgeons make a great part and knowing that the surgeons was doing something for the patient. – less
Productive and fast-paced work environment
Product Specialist (Former Employee), Londonderry, NHNovember 14, 2013
Pros: availability for overtime
Cons: lack of opportunity for advancement
The most rewarding part of the job was assisting other team members who were not as savvy with Thermoform Plastic Parts Machining.
Disorganised&Dishonest
Engineer (Former Employee), New Bedford MANovember 9, 2013
Pros: hard working people on the floor
Cons: hr and mgrs are disrespectful to the people on the floor, and the offices are just as terrible
Avoid Symmetry Medical of New Bedford MA. if you're not in their click, you're out!
I have 19 years experience in medical devices in Warsaw Indiana.
I relocated locally to this company and I must say
This Massachusetts company is more of a "run of the mill" gossip company rather than the real purpose of what their business should be behind.If you must bow down to their leaders.
There was a reduction – more... in work force(layoff) and during their decision making of who to let go was a more of "who they like" rather than who does the job well, I know because I've sat in those 2 meetings during both layoffs in that year. I tried to keep the experienced workers but they chose the buddy system over business senses.
After one year, I resigned from the company and returned to my former employer in Warsaw. Without giving a notice Symmetry Medical of New Bedford because they deserved that much input from me!

HR and MGRs are disrespectful to the people on the floor, and the office workers are just as terrible to each other.

"AVOID SYMMETRY MEDICAL OF NEW BEDFFORD MASSACHUSETTS" – less
Good working environment, great people to work with
Orthopedic Polisher (Former Employee), Avilla, INOctober 14, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: no chance for advancements
I would recommend this company to others because they are willing to listen to new ideas. They offer a friendly work environment, and excellent benefits.
CNC Machine
CNC machinist (Former Employee), Claypool, INOctober 1, 2013
I ran a machine and the third shift just whooped me. I could not get used to it at all.