Symmons Industries is seeking an Industrial Designer who will be responsible for design creation and support of all activities in the custom design division at Symmons.
- Creation of custom design plumbing fixtures as requested by the Design Studio (DS) sales consultants and customers. This includes anywhere from a ground up design from scratch to designing new configurations using existing components.
- The timeframe from start to finish is very short on DS projects and the candidate must be able to juggle numerous projects at once delivering designs on time and with high quality.
- The output of these designs sent out to our customers is called an A&D: a technical drawing package with a realistic visual rendering included. Dozens of A&D’s will need to be created and released each week.
- This person will work closely with other designers and account managers in understanding timing and project details and will also have frequent interaction with Sales, Engineering and Marketing team members.
- The designer must be proficient at Solidworks since the majority of files used here are native Solidworks files. Having knowledge of other CAD packages can be helpful since we deal with many files times we receive from our vendors/ partners.
- Daily activities will be part, assembly and drawing creations and having surfacing skills will be beneficial since some designs can be limiting to model with only solid modeling skills knowledge.
- Ideation Gallery maintenance: This web based database storing all past Custom design projects conducted at Symmons will need to be kept up to date with all of the accurate content and images.
- Prototype creation: Operate and maintain the Z Corp and Stratasys machine. Also work closely with Engineering/ Model shop staff members in the creation of additional SLA’s and Metal Chrome models.
- Additional Marketing activities: Since this is a dynamic work place, required activities can change. A willingness to help out with anything to improve the marketing group and Symmons will be necessary.
- A degree in Industrial Design, Product Design, Mechanical Engineering or CAD/ technical school.
- 0 ~ 3 years of experience in Design is preferred
- Recent graduates are also encouraged to apply if meeting all of the listed requirements.
- Proficiency in Solidworks 2010 or higher
- You must be comfortable in creating Parts, Assembly and Drawings and must have an understanding of Surface modeling.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Adobe CS (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Knowledge of Rhino 3D and Keyshot is a plus.
Please e-mail your resume and a sample of your work (under 5MB)/ or a link to your online portfolio. Your application will not be reviewed without a portfolio.
Please note: Due to the high volume of applications that come in, we cannot respond to everyone. Your application will be reviewed and you will be contacted if you are chosen to move forward in our hiring process.
Symmons offers a competitive compensation package including excellent benefits and a 401k plan with a 100% match up to the first 6% of eligible wages with immediate vesting
Symmons Industries is a premier manufacturer of commercial and residential plumbing products, setting the standard for quality in plumbing fittings since 1939. From the development of our pioneering pressure balancing, anti-scald shower valve, to our expansive range of exceptional products for the kitchen and bath, we have maintained an unrivaled commitment to quality materials, superior engineering and solid workmanship. As an industry leader, Symmons continues to innovate within the custom fittings category, creating distinctive design solutions for premium hospitality and condominium projects. Pairing reliable behind the wall technology with stylish and durable products in front of the wall, Symmons is truly the smart choice in plumbing. Headquartered in Braintree, MA, Symmons is a privately-held company with regional sales offices and local representatives located throughout the United States and Canada. For more information please visit www.symmons.com
NOTE: International candidates must hold a valid US working permit in order to apply.