Symmons Industries is seeking a Maintenance and Facilities Manager to provide daily direction to the Maintenance, Facilities and Custodial staff. Support the day to day operations of the factory and office by ensuring a professional appearance and safe and efficient working environment for all Symmons’ associates
- Monitors and inspects all buildings and equipment to ensure that utility systems are fully operational and that facility related preventative maintenance schedules are being followed.
- Maintains general office equipment and coordinates with outside service providers when necessary.
- Responsible for scheduling and coordinating work for ground maintenance activities, such as mowing lawns, trimming hedges, removing weeds, and raking and disposing of leaves and refuse.
- Responsible for scheduling and coordinating PM program for all facility and manufacturing equipment
- TPM and OEE Implementation
- Serves as the project leader for all contractor activities related to facility changes, repairs, system maintenance, and/or upgrades.
- Directs and supervises all custodial activities for all Symmons’ facilities.
- Provides direct assistance to other departments to service facility and mfg. equipment work requests.
- As required requisition tools, equipment and custodial supplies.
- Communicate job expectations to facility staff, provide training as needed, and work closely with all members of the department.
- Inspect completed facility work for conformance to drawings, specifications, and standards
- Enforce safety, security, and environmental health regulations and provide on-call service in the event of alarm calls as required.
- Suggest changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of work crew.
- Maintain and monitor work schedules to meet or better established due dates.
- Support and implement continuous improvement activities as required.
- Maintain time and facility records.
- Provide back up service to Waste Water Treatment System when necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned or as may be necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Facility Engineering, Engineering Technology or comparable work experience with a minimum of 8-10 years’ work experience in a related field.
- Demonstrated ability to interact and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with all levels of the organization.
- Must have the ability to lift 35lbs and the ability to climb and work off ladders.
- Frequently required to stand and walk on concrete surface from 4-8 hours.
- Waste Water Treatment Certified preferred
- Mechanical dexterity and ability to work with tools.
- Extensive knowledge to work with construction materials.
- Work independently and productively with other personnel.
- Self-starter, high-energy, aggressive, well-organized with the ability to handle multiple projects and priorities
- Must possess a high level of integrity and ethics when interacting with contractors and/or suppliers.
- Requires working knowledge of (MS Suite) Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.
- Ability to work evening and or weekend hours when necessary.
Symmons offers a competitive compensation package including excellent benefits and a 401k plan with a 100% match up to the first 6% of eligible wages with immediate vesting
Symmons Industries is a premier manufacturer of commercial and residential plumbing products, setting the standard for quality in plumbing fittings since 1939. From the development of our pioneering pressure balancing, anti-scald shower valve, to our expansive range of exceptional products for the kitchen and bath, we have maintained an unrivaled commitment to quality materials, superior engineering and solid workmanship. As an industry leader, Symmons continues to innovate within the custom fittings category, creating distinctive design solutions for premium hospitality and condominium projects. Pairing reliable behind the wall technology with stylish and durable products in front of the wall, Symmons is truly the smart choice in plumbing. Headquartered in Braintree, MA, Symmons is a privately-held company with regional sales offices and local representatives located throughout the United States and Canada. For more information please visit www.symmons.com
Indeed - 6 months ago
copy to clipboard