Symphony IRI Group Employee Reviews

The Company that expanded my knowledge
Commercial Director (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRAugust 31, 2017
IRI is what developed the professional I am today, it provided the guiding principle for my work ethic, provide a global market place for me to explore. IRI has truly exposed me to International markets such as Argentina, Chile, Dominican Republic, Peru among others enhancing my knowledge of the cultural and organizational behavior of both companies and consumers.
FSR Field Service Representative worked over 10 years
FSR (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 21, 2017
Collected data from stores.Started at an hourly for time to scan store. Company changed policy on how they calculate your hourly rate, which is now based on data collected key stokes and scans. Number of stores to collect each week change due to special project..Some projects were paid a flat rate and some were paid by scan rate, This decreased how much i earned by almost half, so actual pay close to minimum wage. You have stores that are assigned that you that you do every week and special project that are add to the weekly assigned store Projects may be in you assigned store or in a totally different store. You are expected to collect data from all stores they assigned to you each week. Supervisor changes often and problem contacting them with questions about projects or problems with projects or equipment,. Work has to be collect on specific day of week, Management doesn't care about employees.
Pros
Flexibility of time to go into store to collect data on days they need to be collected.
Cons
No job security/ low pay/ no raises/ no advancement
My experience
Field Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 23, 2014
I enjoyed this job. I enjoyed being out and about, going from store to store. The hardest part of this job was the old equipment.
Pros
Working on my own
Cons
Old equipment
High level of job freedom
Field Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKApril 22, 2014
Great job. Worked home for 15 years. Loved the freedom to work alone. Enjoyed the type of work.
Pros
Job Freedom to succeed
Cons
Job Security
Productive and enjoyable environment.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 9, 2014
For me a typical work day would include lots of walking, bending and reaching.
I have learned many things. One of the most important things I've learned is accuracy, and time management.
Management is very helpful and informative.
Because I work independently I have no coworkers.
The hardest part of the job is juggling sites to meet deadlines.
The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people.
Pros
The pros are flexability, and working independantly.
Cons
No benifits.
No Growth & Poor Management
Item Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 30, 2014
IRi is a company that doesn't value its employees. There is no growth opportunity for those who work hard, only for those who are favored. Salary is poor and when one requests a pay raise they will find every reason not to grant it.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Low Salary, Poor Management
Ideal for college students or semi-retired person.
Field Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 5, 2013
There is not medical or dental benefits and no full-time work, only part-time. You basically work on your own going to stores and scanning the upc code on products. The company has 6 weeks of paid on the job training. The 1st two weeks you may work 4 hours, 6 after the 3rd or 4th week and then 8 by the end of the 5th or 6th week.
The hardest part of the job is that you do not know what your pay check will be because it is not hourly, but there is a lot of flexibility. For example if you are to visit two stores in one day, and for some reason you cannot go to both that same day, you can visit the 2nd store the next day.
After some 3 or 4 months they may give you more hours to work depending on the needs of the company. For example if you were hired to work 10 to 20 hours per week, you might start working at other stores if someone is out that day or week. So you may not work 20 hours per week until there is a need for it.
The title of the job is Field Service Representative.
Pros
you can get a discount with a phone company or gym.
Cons
no formal lunch. you eat when it is convinient.
Good on paper...
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 17, 2012
Pros:
Established name in the industry
Pretty decent work/life balance
Lots of smart people

Cons:
Outdated systems
Little room for advancement
Unclear roles/responsibilities
Very Unstable
Director (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 28, 2012
Management is non-existent and they don't understand the concept of establishing a process and letting it take hold. Constant change of direction, and upper management cannot stay on a path long enough to achieve stability or success. An absolute disconnect. Health benefits are great as they have BC/BS.
Good Place to Work
Customization Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 1, 2012
Good Place to Work. Be prepared to work nights and weekends with the amount of internal change SIG is undergoing.
IRI field-rep position review
Field Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 14, 2012
Great where being on own as a field-rep is concerned but they also knocked hours down to eight or less, plus I was the only field-rep in the area and they never hired any back-up if I happened to get ill, and when I went to leave the field-manager said he did not want to come and hire anyone else and was very, very nasty about the fact that the job also wasn't meeting financial needs, plus that I wasn't happy. I did learn alot about marketing after coming into that with no knowledge however.
Pros
great where setting own schedules is concerned
Cons
people that can be quite difficult, as well as low, low hours.
Great group of people at IRI
Manager (Former Employee) –  Frito Lay Customer Team - Plano, TXJanuary 16, 2012
This is a great company to work and learn about data analysis in the CPG industry.