Symphony Placements Employee Reviews

Great staff
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 9, 2016
I started working for Symphony placement in November. They keep me working, everything my availability changed, they found me places that accommodated my schedule. Chad is always working to get me what I need and want in a placement and Marta sometimes took over when needed. This company is great.
Wonderful Experience
temporary employment (Current Employee) –  Gwynn Oak, MDNovember 6, 2015
I found EVERYTHING about this company pleasing. They placed me in a well paying position in my neighborhood. Someone stole money from my paycard. Symphony worked with the card company to correct the situation BEFORE I had a chance to call and tell them there was an issue! I'll be forever grateful for that. Enjoying my assignment. I look forward to a wonderful working relationship with Symphony
the indivuals I encountered always tried to fit your schedule based upon their needs, they took a personal interest in you as an eployee.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDOctober 10, 2015
This agency allowed me the opportunity to receive a wide variety of experience with working in different company, private and large healthcare facilities. Meeting and learning from the professional people that I encountered gave me a diversified view.
Pros
transportaion was not an issue; was able to work from short term contract to longer periods
Cons
work was not always consistent because it was a temp agency
Lack of work
Assist physicians and nursing staff (Former Employee) –  Cockeysville, MDJune 15, 2015
I wish I was placed at assignments that fit my personality and lifestyle more. I would make out much better finding my own job.
Pros
Patient Care
Cons
Lack of Benefits
Staff was courteous
Call Center Rep (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 3, 2015
I enjoyed working the call center; answering phones and making cold calls. I was able to make a change in some of the people contacted lives.
Maryland health connection
Tier 2 And Enrollment Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Lutherville-Timonium, MDJanuary 21, 2015
Started this job by training first. The training was great,and did help prepare for the job at hand..The job was a bit difficult at first since it was a new system,,but my co workers were great.I most enjoyed being able to help customers enroll in health care..There were moments that were a bit trying,when cutomers were just hard to please.. still you smile so it is heard in the call.
Pros
definitly a learning experience..
Cons
many computer glitches..
Productive Place
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 15, 2015
Gather patients demographics and scan it into the system. index patients registration information. Copy and fax patients records. I loved working at this company because the people were very friendly and they always had assignments for me.
A great experience
Tier 2 and Enrollment Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Baltimore MdJuly 31, 2014
Symphony Placements is a employment agency. Several test were taken to ensure who you were as a person and if you were suitable for that company.
Was Unemployed and Happy to Be Working!
Executive Administrative Asst Medical (Current Employee) –  TowsonFebruary 10, 2014
My company had a cutback and lay off in December 2013. With my extensive administrative and clerical skills, Symphony Placements was eager to place me in a permanent position, however, I was happy to accept temporary positions until one suited my expertise. My flexibility and eagerness to find the right position aligned with the experienced Recruiter and VP in Sales allowed me to find the "right fit" and I love my new position!
Excellent Company to work for
Clerical (Current Employee) –  Woodlawn, MdJanuary 2, 2014
I have only been with Symphony Placements a short time and I have had an excellent experience so far. I have been working since my third day of being hired. I have been treated with the utmost respect and professionalism from all of the Symphony Staff. The assignment I have been placed on although not permanent has been such a blessing. I have learned so much and bonded with some great people. I want to thank Symphony for all you have done for me. I have represented this company with great pride and professionalism. Thank you thank you thank you.
Very caring and patient towards anxiety ridden clients like myself :)
Call Center (Current Employee) –  BaltimoreAugust 13, 2013
The Symphony Placement staff were very patient and caring with me as I worried about obtaining a placement in the shadow of an eviction. I found the staff understanding, warm and diligent in finding a placement for me to support my family. I am very excited about my new job in downtown Baltimore.

Also, you get what you put in, so if you are professional, flexable and humble, this is the perfect agency for you.
Please please look else where
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  MarylandAugust 6, 2013
This staffing service is extremely unprofessional, do not apply to any of there job listing because the job does not exist. The receptionist will start to act as if she's one of the recruiters, and continue to give you the run around. They'll have you come in for an interview, soooo urgently having you fill out tons of paper for there to be no job...WASTE OF TIME GO ELSE WHERE....
Cons
no jobs
Symphony placements
Job Placement Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MarylandMay 31, 2013
I just received the best job that I have obtained since moving to Baltimore City. I recommend everyone who is struggling to find employment to contact Symphony Placements. The opportunities are endless. The recruitment coordinators are nice, generous, and kind hearted. I am thankful for being a part of Symphony Placements. Thanks Symphony Placements
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  TimoniumMay 27, 2013
I got a job at Symphony Placements right out of college, and I am very happy about my decision to work there/my overall experience. The management is very knowledgable about the staffing industry and helped me a great deal along the way. I also learned a lot about the medical field in general, as that is Symphony's specialty. A typical day at work consisted of screening applicants, reaching out to them over phone or email, and then bringing them in in order to help them find a career that is well-suited for their current needs. I really enjoyed helping people attain employment; knowing that I was able to help candidates improve so many aspects of their lives was extremely gratifying. I would highly recommend working at Symphony Placements.
Pros
free lunches, helpful staff
Cons
a bit hectic at times
Overall great place to work
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Timonium MDDecember 19, 2012
Symphony Placements is my first real job after graduating from college and I could not be more grateful for the opportunity I was given. From my very first day, I knew this was the place I belonged. The staff here is absolutely wonderful and will do anything for their employees. My boss would never admit this, but I watched her buy clothes for an individual that didn't have enough money for a nice blouse. Customer service to not only our clients, but also the employees is a top priority here, and it really is evident. I would not have traded this opportunity for the world and am so thankful to have this company on my resume.
Great Place To Work
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Timonium, MDDecember 19, 2012
I really like working here. I had no experience in this type of work and I was taken in and taught everything. I have worked here for a few months and I really think this is something I am going to stick with for a long time. I love talking to canidates, telling applicants that they got a job, giving applicants tips on how to improve there resume and interview skills, and I just love helping people! Everyone I work with is great to work with. The owner is a very generous person/ boss and really cares about all of her employees (permanent and temporary)! This is honestly the best company that I have worked for and will probably be here for a very long time!
Pros
room for growth, caring boss, rewarding
Do no work or use this company
Receptionist at Symphony Placements (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDNovember 20, 2012
The owner talks about the clients in crude ways to the employees. The so called "office manager" is a hostel person who when asked a question screams profanities in your face. The turn around for employees is ONE year. NO stability. The owner is always talking about how the company is broke but then spends thousands of dollars on office furniture. NO consistency. Punishes employees for leaving 5 minutes early but then leave at 3 to get her nails done. The owner says she'll buy lunch every so often for cleaning the office, but it was not done the whole time was there.
Small Company That is Building
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  TimoniumSeptember 14, 2012
I worked for this company for over a year and enjoyed my time there. It is a small company so everyone occassionally has to wear other hats and there needs to be some flexibility with their employees. I enjoyed this aspect but there were times that other employees would refuse which could make life difficult. Fortunatly, these members of the staff would be replaced. It is a wonderful place to learn. This was a job I never had to worry about losing. If you work hard there is job security that is scarice in todays world.
Pros
good work environment, plenty to learn, birthday and christmas gifts, christmas bonus
Cons
small company
Not much room for advancement
Recruiter/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDFebruary 27, 2012
I worked for Symphony Placements for just over a month. I went from receptionist duties to recruiter duties quickly and the owner was generous with compensation. I loved my job and the staffing industry, but I quickly discovered this company was not for me due to how the company went through internal employees rather quickly. There also wasn't much room for advancement because the highest position you can hold is staffing coordinator, which is a step above recruiter.
Pros
schedule flexibility, free lunches every so often, general enthusiasm
Cons
no room for growth, employment overturn
Take it of your resume!
Receptionist/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Lutherville-Timonium, MDNovember 17, 2011
Symphony Placements is by far the worst job I have ever held and I am confident that no job will ever be worse.
Reasons you do not want to work at Symphony Placements: hostile work environment (screaming, cursing, grabbing things out of your hands, etc), they discriminate against age, race, and gender, they expect you to pick up on things without proper training, they constantly talk negatively about former employees (even if they left on good terms), they expect you to stay at the office for your lunch break and answer the phones during your lunch break, and they get frustrated with you for things that are out of your control amongst many other things. I would rather have a gap in my employment history than have this company on my resume because 1) I don't know what kind of reference I will get and 2) it is an embarrassment to show that I have worked for this company.