Symphony Placements Employee Reviews

Job Symphony
IT Administrator Tier2/Tier (Current Employee) –  Cockeysville, MDJuly 17, 2017
Pros: Do not micro manage, work for their client, pay ontime, all the time. HR related items get addressed quickly

Cons: Not many contractual prospects, at least in higher level IT specialties, take some time respond.
Ma
Medical Assistant/OBGYN Sinai Community Care (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 13, 2017
working here was great. I wish i could've been hired permanently instead of working temporary assignments. Overall the company is great and they make sure employees are comfortable working on assignments.
No work like balance
Customer Service Representative at Maximus (Former Employee) –  Cockeysville, MD 21030June 16, 2017
I have worked in unprofessional environments. The work environment was not clean and had to deal with people stealing lunches. No work like balance. Not enough breaks.
Great Staff
Market Research/Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  VirginiaMay 22, 2017
Great company to work for. I had a face to face interview with the CEO. She was amazingly down to earth and immediately assigned me to a position. Awesome!
Nice place to work
Child Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 15, 2017
I learned alot during the time I worked there. I like the fact that I was helping people find help for their day to day life. It was rewarding to know I made difference in someone's lfe.
Pros
1 hour lunch breaks
Cons
health care
Avoid
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Cockeysville, MDApril 28, 2017
Symphony Placements is not a good place for employment. I can discuss both the internal and external aspects of this place.

External: if you are using this staffing agency to find temp work, I suggest you look elsewhere. managers make recruiters fill up their schedules even if there are no jobs in your field available. therefore, i really suggest that you look elsewhere for employment.

Internal: the turnover in this company is astounding. Everyday you fear for your job. employees either quit quickly because of the terrible management or get fired. to add, managers are down your throat every single second. there is no trust established between employees and managers. more importantly, the VP always emphasizes that she wants to retain the employees that she staffs, yet she cannot even retain her own internal employees.

there is constant shade thrown as well. if you don't wear makeup, wear old shoes, wear glasses instead of contacts, you are come down upon by manager. appearance is important do not get me wrong, but to tell one of your employees that she does not have a cute enough purse for the evening event is ridiculous.

the problem is despite it being a small company, the managers do not want to get to know their employees. they just want get ahead and use who they can until they dispose of them.

such an unprofessional and HOSTILE environment. the only reason i enjoyed going to work was because my co-workers all felt the same pain as i did.

i did nothing but put a fake smile on everyday to get through the torture. i am so happy i got out before
  more... they no longer needed me.

when employees feel scared to go to work, there is a problem.

please do no work here. avoid. avoid. avoid. they will entice you with a warm smile, but I promise, it is not genuine.
Pros
everyone suffers together so it makes it slightly easier
Cons
management, fear of firing, terrible compensation
Official response from Symphony Placements
May 3, 2017

Usually I do not address reviews that are posted from previous employees, because we understand why they lash out at us, after all they made the decision to leave or unfortunately we had to make that hard decision to let them go. However, I really feel compelled to address the issues in this email. Firstly, we offer a program for individuals who cannot find full time jobs in Human Resources, because they do not have any office experience let alone any Human Resources experience. We feel taking novices and spending a great deal of time and money for training, guidance and mentoring. We feel we are giving back to some of the new grads to give them a position with a schedule that fits their school schedule. And giving grads an opportunity to work a paid internship.
I felt the need to address your complaints since your whole history of working in temporary staffing and working in an office was less than 6 months. Management does not feel the need to discuss every conversation we have with our clients, with our staff, we are the ones who understand how many and bearing any problems when we will need a lot of acceptable candidates to send for their approval.

The only reason someone would fear for their job is when they are not doing their job. Individuals are given goals to meet. Everyone who works a job has a responsibility to be accountable for certain work to be done. Attendance, punctuality, adhering to proper professional business dress is always part of one’s responsibility and to follow our rules in our handbook. One of the toughest things a business manager has to  more... do is to tell someone their shoes are not acceptable for an office, or that their clothes need to be ironed, or countless things we see that are not acceptable. The VP is responsible for making sure the team is bringing in candidates, with the right experience and finding candidates in our database to fill multiple positions. Our industry is very competitive and our clients have learned to expect immediate response from us. We do not have the luxury of taking days to fill orders. We may need 20 different people for different companies all with different skill sets. Understanding, if we do not fill orders we do not bill, and without billing. Guess what?, we could not afford payroll or anything else.
Funny, how someone writes and portrays themselves to be such an expert in the ways of a manager after only working in an office for a very short time, learning how to recruit individuals and all of the countless items we need to teach. All employees need guidance and to make sure they are recruiting and working productively. This is always done in a professional manner. I want this response to be another life lesson to a very unexperienced young lady, this is not me lashing out, this I hope will be read, and thought will be given to the nasty, not true review, and she will learn just one thing more from Symphony Placements.

I really am taking issue with the fact that you worked in a HOSTILE environment. Was that at our outside picnics when I cook for all the staff on Fridays in the warm weather, or was that at our annual holiday luncheon, when you were opening your stocking with great stuff including a Kate Spade wallet, or was that when you were opening your Xmas bonus despite the fact you were still in college and was only working 2 days a week, or was it at the Hunt Valley Country Club when you and your date were my guests at a large holiday party. Or maybe it was when you were blowing out the candles on your cake and opening the birthday card that contained a gift card I had given you for your birthday. You will have to tell me when the atmosphere was so HOSTILE.
A worker cannot get upset, because her co-worker was terminated for missing so much time and think it is management’s fault. We have to make sure all employees are treated equally and everyone is on a level playing field. We have policies and after a year of counseling, we must eventually take a stand.
As far as your fake smile, I guess that was also on your face after you took your new job and called and begged our nasty VP to ask if you could come back to work at Symphony because after just a couple of days, you felt your new job was a mistake and you wanted to come back, I guess the fake smile was also on your face when you did not have the courtesy to answer our return calls, to tell you, despite your leaving Symphony we will be happy to take you back. You see, we really did respect you, and our smiles were genuine not fake. Our gifts of training, mentoring, and guidance were from the heart and we want you to go far. But a piece of advice I have learned after working for 54 years, you never burn a bridge. Sooner or later it will come back to haunt you. I want you to really read the nasty review. Now you have made me so sorry for giving you the opportunity to gain experience, so you could find a new job. I guess I will now tear up all the notes, from you, thanking the VP and me for teaching you so much and for giving you this opportunity. I guess that was fake too.

Temp Agency
HealthChoice Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 25, 2017
I worked here for 2 years as a temp, never knew when I might be let go. The atmosphere was good, I worked with friendly people. I was let go once and left the second time knowing that it would happen again.
Great staff
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 9, 2016
I started working for Symphony placement in November. They keep me working, everything my availability changed, they found me places that accommodated my schedule. Chad is always working to get me what I need and want in a placement and Marta sometimes took over when needed. This company is great.
Temp Agency not much to say
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 16, 2015
With a temp agency your co-workers are your co- workers only as long as the assignment lasts. I was fortunate enough to work in obstetrics, cardiology and allergy.
I enjoy patient care so I enjoyed every job.management wasnt always pleasant. I was sure I had atleast one supervisor who was racist.
Overall I enjoyed working for Symphony.
Pros
Work schedule flexibility
Cons
The pay wasnt as great as other jobs. I took a 4 dollar an hr pay cut.
Wonderful Experience
temporary employment (Current Employee) –  Gwynn Oak, MDNovember 6, 2015
I found EVERYTHING about this company pleasing. They placed me in a well paying position in my neighborhood. Someone stole money from my paycard. Symphony worked with the card company to correct the situation BEFORE I had a chance to call and tell them there was an issue! I'll be forever grateful for that. Enjoying my assignment. I look forward to a wonderful working relationship with Symphony
the indivuals I encountered always tried to fit your schedule based upon their needs, they took a personal interest in you as an eployee.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDOctober 10, 2015
This agency allowed me the opportunity to receive a wide variety of experience with working in different company, private and large healthcare facilities. Meeting and learning from the professional people that I encountered gave me a diversified view.
Pros
transportaion was not an issue; was able to work from short term contract to longer periods
Cons
work was not always consistent because it was a temp agency
Lack of work
Assist physicians and nursing staff (Former Employee) –  Cockeysville, MDJune 15, 2015
I wish I was placed at assignments that fit my personality and lifestyle more. I would make out much better finding my own job.
Pros
Patient Care
Cons
Lack of Benefits
Staff was courteous
Call Center Rep (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 3, 2015
I enjoyed working the call center; answering phones and making cold calls. I was able to make a change in some of the people contacted lives.
Maryland health connection
Tier 2 And Enrollment Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Lutherville-Timonium, MDJanuary 21, 2015
Started this job by training first. The training was great,and did help prepare for the job at hand..The job was a bit difficult at first since it was a new system,,but my co workers were great.I most enjoyed being able to help customers enroll in health care..There were moments that were a bit trying,when cutomers were just hard to please.. still you smile so it is heard in the call.
Pros
Definitly a learning experience..
Cons
many computer glitches..
Productive Place
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 15, 2015
Gather patients demographics and scan it into the system. index patients registration information. Copy and fax patients records. I loved working at this company because the people were very friendly and they always had assignments for me.
A great experience
Tier 2 and Enrollment Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Baltimore MdJuly 31, 2014
Symphony Placements is a employment agency. Several test were taken to ensure who you were as a person and if you were suitable for that company.
Was Unemployed and Happy to Be Working!
Executive Administrative Asst Medical (Current Employee) –  TowsonFebruary 10, 2014
My company had a cutback and lay off in December 2013. With my extensive administrative and clerical skills, Symphony Placements was eager to place me in a permanent position, however, I was happy to accept temporary positions until one suited my expertise. My flexibility and eagerness to find the right position aligned with the experienced Recruiter and VP in Sales allowed me to find the "right fit" and I love my new position!
Excellent Company to work for
Clerical (Current Employee) –  Woodlawn, MdJanuary 2, 2014
I have only been with Symphony Placements a short time and I have had an excellent experience so far. I have been working since my third day of being hired. I have been treated with the utmost respect and professionalism from all of the Symphony Staff. The assignment I have been placed on although not permanent has been such a blessing. I have learned so much and bonded with some great people. I want to thank Symphony for all you have done for me. I have represented this company with great pride and professionalism. Thank you thank you thank you.
Very caring and patient towards anxiety ridden clients like myself :)
Call Center (Current Employee) –  BaltimoreAugust 13, 2013
The Symphony Placement staff were very patient and caring with me as I worried about obtaining a placement in the shadow of an eviction. I found the staff understanding, warm and diligent in finding a placement for me to support my family. I am very excited about my new job in downtown Baltimore.

Also, you get what you put in, so if you are professional, flexable and humble, this is the perfect agency for you.
Please please look else where
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  MarylandAugust 6, 2013
This staffing service is extremely unprofessional, do not apply to any of there job listing because the job does not exist. The receptionist will start to act as if she's one of the recruiters, and continue to give you the run around. They'll have you come in for an interview, soooo urgently having you fill out tons of paper for there to be no job...WASTE OF TIME GO ELSE WHERE....
Cons
No jobs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Symphony Placements. Our community is ready to answer.