Symrise Employee Reviews

Good place to work, relaxed environment, clear goals
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Teterboro, NJNovember 24, 2017
I would have stayed at this job if I was able to move up in the company but was offered the other role at Fragrance resources for a large pay increase at management level, so I moved. Otherwise fine company to work for.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
no career advancement
Cool industry; similar to Firmenich
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Teterboro, NJNovember 22, 2017
I was a Consultant for ~9 months, but was familiar with the industry. Tough commute, because there are no residences in Teterboro. Management was very much like Firmenich: huge European influence.
Learning capability needed
EVALUATION Department Lab Tech (Current Employee) –  Teterboro, NJOctober 12, 2017
had great experience to work in symrise. nice work place, learn different things and something new every day, nice people and everyday new challenge , nice to work here and learned more about fragrances that i don't know before
Pros
free snack
Cons
everything balanced
Very Diversifed
Senior Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Teterboro, NJOctober 9, 2017
The company is highly diversified with employees from over 140 countries. Had a company wide ethnic day to celebrate all the different cultures. Had a lovely Christmas party.
A few good eggs, great benefits
Bulk Packaging Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 25, 2017
just as the summary says, a few good people that you can rely on and trust, and a fairly decent benefit package. Sadly it's a very cut-throat environment, with a lot of favoritism when it comes to get a promotion, and some down right shady practices, such as allowing someone to put in for a job after the deadline for applying has already passed, b/c they didn't want to hire any of the people who had applied in a timely manner.
Relaxed and quick paced but empowering environment
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Teterboro, NJAugust 13, 2017
Symrise was not only a great place to work but also a great place to learn if you kept up. Every day there is something new to learn. Best part of my environment was that it was all women.
Great place to work!
Quality Control Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Chester, NYApril 21, 2017
All co-workers got along very well, striving to send out the best product to our customers with on time delivery of a quality product! The management was very fair with all employees, very understanding of personal needs and willing to work out any issues fairly!
Competitive and friendly culture, fun people and interesting job!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chester, NYApril 20, 2017
Symise is such an interesting place to work in. You will learn many things about the fragrance business. I was lucky enough to work in one of the locations that produced the fragrances. Next time you smell something wonderful in the air....they most likely had something to do with it!
Pros
Global company, Great pay
Cons
Benefits could have been better
vary hard workplace judgemental people...
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Elyria, OHJanuary 24, 2017
working for this company was great at the beginning and turned out bad. I was let down numerous times and disliked by many.
Creative and Fun place to work
Production Planner (Current Employee) –  Chester, NYNovember 14, 2016
Symrise is a great company to work for. They promote growth for every employee in their personal as well as their career life.
Never thought Sensory could be fun
Marketing and Sensory Technician (Current Employee) –  Teterboro, NJJuly 19, 2016
I have learned so much working at Symrise.
When I started there I was just a stay at home mom working part time as a descriptive analyst for Pepsi, and then a whole world of sensory was opened up to me.
I was lucky enough to have a team that supported me and trained me to be able to handle many things. Managing the daily functions of the lab, scheduling tests, paying external panelist, helping in Marketing, being able to make simple taste solutions to making references for training external an internal panelists.

What I love most about my job is the people. There is about 300 employees and with my position I have gotten to know almost everyone.

While an exciting and challenging career, the most difficult aspect is the commute.
Pros
People I work with. Flexible work hours
Cons
Commute, no cafeteria
Fast paced enviroment with tough employees. But also have a sturdy ran management.
Loading/Unloading (Former Employee) –  Elyria, OHJune 13, 2016
Good pay, Nice long breaks. Great experience learned from supervisors and management. One hard part on the job was trying to clean up the mess of spice after a long day of work. if there was better uniforms to wear in order to not get as dirty and stressed it would be better.
Pros
Long break. College help.
Cons
Very messy job.
I want a job here a symrise I read about they're good pay
warehouse (Former Employee) –  Lorain ohioJuly 5, 2015
I want a job here at symrise I need a friendly environment like stated in other reviews. I heard that the pay is excellent but the management team were not great
Pros
heard it had good pay
Cons
advancements
Sales Management and Customer Care Director (Former Employee) –  Teterboro, NJNovember 13, 2014
Lovely place to work. Loved the people, customers and made life long friends.
Pros
Learned a lot and built my talents
Cons
reorganized too much; lost my job
productive
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Teterboro, NJNovember 10, 2014
 Manage selected food and nutrition accounts to ensure customer needs are met, customer relationship is optimized and growth strategies are achieved.
 Function as Account Manager internally and externally as needed.
 Collaborate with National Account Directors to manage Core supplier programs.
 Coordinate pricing requests and negotiations for selected accounts.
 Develop customer presentations for selected accounts.
 Assist Account Director in coordinating new business, forecasting and budget.
 Engage in the development of Key Account Plans.
 Support timely execution of flavor briefs, maintain briefs in project database and coordinate project meetings.
 Communicate regularly with Account Director, Flavorist, Application and Category Leaders, QC and Regulatory throughout project lifecycle.
 Ensure all customer requirements and timelines are met for specific projects.
 Manage customer projects from inception to close of sale.
 Function as final reviewer on project submissions to the customer.
 Collect and distribute all documentation requires by the customer and interact with all departments on critical documentation issues.
 Present up to date analysis and recommendations to sales team, senior management and client groups. For a 5.8 million dollar house account territory.
 Manage the relationship with key Supply Chain contacts including Global Purchasing and Flavor Compounding center.
 Involved on key projects and initiatives that fall within my assigned territory.
Pros
vacation time
Cons
No room for advancement
Worked Part Time
Office Administrator (Current Employee) –  Goose Creek, SCJune 10, 2014
Productive work environment - Co-workers are team players
Pros
Good Hours
Poductive
Senior Lab Tech (Current Employee) –  Teterboro, NJMay 29, 2014
A very busy workplace in a all departments. The people work well together.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Salary
ok
Production Assistant, Compounder (Former Employee) –  Branchburg, NJJuly 9, 2013
ok busy hours are long, and very physical. pay is good, managers are good
Ok place to work.
Fragrance Development Co-op (Former Employee) –  Teterboro, NJMay 25, 2013
There was not much room for advancement, but the job was enjoyable at points. The work did not pile up quickly, and the environment was pretty relaxed.
Large company with good benefits.
Customer Care / Data Processing (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 9, 2013
I was content during the year I worked there in spite of the many changes that were continual due to the acquisition of a family business I started working for, which was then absorbed by Symrise.
Pros
Very close to home
Cons
Lay off