Synaptic Digital Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
In the middle of a reinvention
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 12, 2013
Even though it was a nice work environment. There was no communication between the employees and management making for a bad work foundation. I believe that is why they are always reinventing. until they do not understand how management together with the employees can make the it work, it wont!
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
inept management
Nice place to work
Global Head of IT (Former Employee) –  NY NYMarch 6, 2013
While the company was solvent, it was a nice place to work. I headed up all IT Ops.
Trying times with a company trying to reinvent itself
Vice President, Client Solutions, Midwest Bureau (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 20, 2012
The company I formerly worked with, Medialink, was renamed "Synaptic Digital." Medialink as bought by a group of venture capitalists knowing nothing about the business we're in. It was a trying experience as the new owners fumbled around with the management of the company while trying to learn our business.

Typical day at work included sales calls, emails, 2-3 presentations per eek, travel, managing my sales team.

I learned that excellence in one business arena does not mean one will excel in another unknown sector. Management disassembled too many useful parts of Medialink and instituted bad reforms once the company was reformed as Synaptic Digital.

The most enjoyable part of my work was interacting with clients and sales staff.
Pros
learning about the venture capital end of business
Cons
inept management