Synchrony Financial Employee Reviews

productive and fun place to work at, very family oriented
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJanuary 18, 2018
typical day at work would be answering bilingual calls for different clients and resolving customer's issue towards their personal needs. there's help everywhere and don't be scared to ask questions
good benefits, not so good for advancement
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 14, 2018
the culture is good but not a very good place if you have BA or MBA and looking to advanced. Its going great for advancement you were hired externally as a manager. If you have to start from the bottom like in customer service. Dont apply at Synchrony and look to advance. It will take you 10 years just to get to a salaried position.
Pros
benefit
Cons
career advancement for individuals with degree starting at a entry level postion
Very nice place to work.
Collections Representative (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHJanuary 14, 2018
Synchrony Fiancial is a great place to work.

Great management and very insightful and helpful through out the company.

Have won many awards for the Best Places To Work.

They do have ping pong tables, massage chairs, coffee bars and huge cafeteria.
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
The long commute for me.
Productive work
Senior Specialist, Recovery Operations Lead (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 12, 2018
Typical day consisted of implementing policies and procedures to ensure the team has valid resources, organize and create training for groups of 20 employees. Examine and verify legal documents to meet tight deadlines. Work with peers, sharing ideas and facilitating an exchange of best practices.
Wonderful Place to Work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Merriam, KSJanuary 9, 2018
This is the best job I have ever had!

Management is great. Easy to talk to, most managers I see on a day to day basis are friendly and personable.

Full benefits right away
Weekly pay
Paid time

Associates are friendly and nice

Company takes care of their employees
Pros
Employee Oriented, Takes Care of employees, Enjoyable Enviornment
Cons
Only con, dealing with customers who are difficult but that is everywhere.
Benefits are what keeps you in.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Shawnee, KSJanuary 8, 2018
The health care is the best I've ever seen around with a reasonable price per check. The company is all about promoting health and wellness and provide a YSA (your spending account) card to go towards copays, prescriptions, etc. FREE MONEY! That's a key to stick around. Along with almost three weeks of paid time off (vacation, floating holidays, sick time, personal business, etc.)
Managers are great but they have different answers for questions, so you have to pick and choose who you want to believe.
You have the option to work from home if you meet the right requirements, which is nice.
Pay is not something to get excited about and if you decide to go higher up on the chain, don't except an amazing raise. It may just be a couple cents added. You get the bare minimum for what the job entails.
Have thick skin because you will on the phone for the whole shift, and could be a customer's verbal punching bag.
HR doesn't seem to be too helpful and are willing to write you up or take away privileges on very small technicalities without any heads up.
Pros
Health insurance, a lot of paid time off.
Cons
Lack of pay.
Great place to work but advancement can be tough
Senior Underwriting Trainer and Quality Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 5, 2018
Overall this was a great job to have. I enjoyed the people I worked with and for, and the clients were fun to interact with. I learned many applicable skills for the workforce and in life in general.

Advancement is difficult due to the location and it is a "who you know" company. Past performance is not an indicator of if you would be considered, so networking is a must if you want to have a chance to proceed up the ladder.
Manager showed favoritism
Bilinugual Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLJanuary 5, 2018
Even thou the company provides excellent benefits the hourly rate of pay did not match the amount of work my department did. My department was recovery which means we handle charged off accounts, plus we also coded acct with bankruptcy codes and we closed acct due to acct holder begin deceased.
Benefits
Cons
Favoritism
Inside Sales/Practice Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 3, 2018
I really enjoyed my time at Synchrony Financial. The management team was great and very supportive. We had the ability to work at our own place as long as all KPIs were being met. Only moved to to get bank in to a management role.
Productive and Fun workplace
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJanuary 2, 2018
Phenomenal job, great place to work if wanting to advance in financing. Customer service at its best, with a great management system helping achieve all goals.
Great Place to Work
Document Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLJanuary 2, 2018
Great Place to work, they pay for your benefits however the pay could be better. But when you think about the fact that they are covering the majority of your health care benefits, It averages out but other than the pay rate. THis is a great place to work, they are family orientated and they care about you. You are more than just anumber at synchrony your family.
productive
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Merriam, KSDecember 28, 2017
When hired we went thru very thorough training total 6wks. Very fast-based. They do make every attempt to make it a fun place to work. Only downfall is the fact the cardholders can say anything to you and call you out of your name, and you are not to respond negatively to them. If you do you will lose points that affect your bonus
Pros
free lunches
Cons
can lose yuor bonus due to complaints from cardholders, they are usually mad because they did nit get wgat they wanted
Not as Advertised
Inbound Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Kettering, OHDecember 26, 2017
I've had a number of issues with this job. Never been able to receive a straight answer regarding the most basic of questions. Most recently I'm having my paychecks garnished to make up for accounting/payroll department error in which they've apparently been overpaying me for a shift differential. HR Department stated that this is not an error on my part but yet in still I'm being penalized for someone else's error. Seems to be the overwhelming trend amongst this company.
Call Center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDDecember 19, 2017
Synchrony Financial offers a lot of perks, and tries to make the work as comfortable as possible. For this they do an excellent job. But a call center is still a call center, and life at Synchrony is all about answering a phone and talking to customers. I worked in the installment department, and 9 out of 10 calls I handled involved customers making payments towards their installment loans. Seven of the ten phone calls also involved complaints to which the customer did in fact have valid reasons to complain. The installment department did not offer any type of online access to a customers account. The customer depended on a CSR rep to answer any and all questions pertaining to an account, since the customer could not in any way view their accounts and depended on monthly statements instead. Customer can't pay online, nor can they set up automatic withdrawals. Next to the complaints about not being able to access an account online, or make payments online, customers complained about the automated phone system, which was antiquated and touchy. It often timed out much to quickly if a customer took to long trying to enter their installment account number or their banking information. In the evening, the call volume was extreme, and there was a limited number of CSR reps available to handle the volume of calls. The work was monotonous, tedious and extremely repetitive. At times it was brutal and mind numbing because of having to do and read the same script, and say the same thing over and over and over from one caller to the next. In the end, the attractive perks weren't enough to  more... offset the negatives.  less
Pros
Attractive perks, and a comfortable environment
Cons
Repetitive and monotonous
Fun relaxing
Messaging Agent/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZDecember 18, 2017
Revana is a relaxing fun place to work. Co-workers become family we stick together to get our campaigns done. Supervisors are flexible with us as long as we complete our hours
my personal view
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHDecember 17, 2017
the company itself is wonderful but my manger was not the best i felt like she was picking on me and only the black women on the team and i could not deal with that i am to great of employee to deal with that type of situation
Very productive and a fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Merriam, KSDecember 15, 2017
A typical day a work would talking with many different people from different states and helping them to take care of their business. The management team is awesome
Pros
free lunches, raffles and snacks
Cons
Enjoyable place where you feel appreciated for your work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 13, 2017
Great new atmosphere. There are many programs and platforms to work with when you get started. Time and attendance is strictly computerized and adherence is to the minute. If you can work with all those time keeping programs, you should be fine. communication inclusion, participation as well as hard work are all encouraged and promoted in every square inch of this campus and building. I found it inspiring. If you have a question, there is someone there to answer it. I felt, If there is an obstacle to my progress there, most likely, that obstacle was in my lap. And it turned out to be so. I may re-apply.
They provide you an on campus gym, a wonderful cafe, (when I was there) weight watchers came in, the vision benefit was top level, I have worked several places here in Charlotte, and never had better benefits. The work is not strenuous. I do not understand why everyone isn't begging to work there. I could not keep up with the time keeping programs.
Pros
Help people over the phone with their accounts
Cons
Sometimes people get irrate
Very nice place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Merriam, KSDecember 13, 2017
I really liked working for Synchrony the people there were very friendly and helpful. There is opportunities to go to a higher place in the company and be successful
Pros
Lots of days off
Cons
Not a good salary
great place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE, OPERATIONS (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 11, 2017
Continued opportunity to improve customer service skills and interactions. Great opportunity to further develop communication skills with customers, clients and management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Synchrony Financial. Our community is ready to answer.