Synechron is looking for a “Quality Analysis – Energy/Electricity and Gad Trading”.
This a long term role. It is based in Houston, TX.
Synechron is a recognized leader and expert in building business value for global financial services and Fortune 500 companies. With offices in USA, Canada, UK, The Netherlands, UAE, India, Singapore, Hong Kong and Japan, we provide strategy, architecture, BPM, design solutions and professional services for the implementation of enterprise level data warehouses, data delivery and transactional systems. Our clients include JP Morgan, Bank of America - Merrill Lynch, Deutsche Bank, Morgan Stanley, Bank of New York Mellon, Royal Bank of Scotland, Barclays, ING, Credit Suisse, AIG, American Express, TIAA, Citigroup, GE, BP, CIBC, and Goldman Sachs, to name a few. Our staff of 4000+ employees includes industry-recognized and published experts in Enterprise Architecture, Information Management, Data Warehousing, Integration Architecture, Web Services and Business Intelligence
The Quality Assurance Analyst will play a key role in the Program Delivery and Change Management organization. Primary responsibilities include liaising with project teams to plan & execute testing from small product enhancements to large scale projects. QA is responsible for requirement testing, component testing, SIT, performance testing and UAT whenever it’s required. The QA role will work closely with project management, development and BA teams to design implement and deliver product quality based on our SDLC methodology.
· Liaises with business analysts, software developers, end-users, and other subject matter experts to understand, plan and execute testing activities.
· Develop, document and maintain functional test cases and other test artifacts like the test data, data validation, harness scripts and automated scripts.
· Executes and evaluates test cases and reports test results.
· Holds and facilitates test plan/case reviews with cross-functional team members.
· Ensures that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements.
· Isolates, replicates, and reports defects and verifies defect fixes.
· Effectively communicates relevant project information to project manager and key stakeholders
· Possesses general understanding in the areas of application programming, database and system design
· Understands the wholesale gas and power trading business. Risk Management experience is a plus
· Experience working with ETRM systems is a plus
· Manages deliverables against an approved scope of work
· Ability to multi-task, QA’s may work several projects at a time
· Excellent Leader, motivator, mentor
· Remains on the forefront of emerging industry practices
· Develops lasting relationships with business partners
· Communicates effectively with Business partners to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions
· Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen partner relationships
· Builds a knowledge base of each client's business, organization and objectives
· Ensures and helps to enforce standard policies and procedures for Compliance with IT Controls
Skills & Qualifications:
· 5-7 years of experience in financial or energy trading projects
· Experience working with Cross-dimensional teams and engagement of business partners in multiple locations
· Demonstrated ownership of High Project Quality
· Exceptional analytical skills, science or engineering degree is a plus.
· Experience with test management tools, HP Quality Center is a plus.
· Experience with backend testing, basic sql knowledge is required.
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Self-motivated with the ability to quickly learn a complex large market
· Detail oriented and able to produce accurate work products
· Able to work and interface effectively with various retail, wholesale and risk groups
· Able to handle multiple priority tasks, work well under pressure, and meet tight deadlines when necessary
· Knowledge of U.S. natural gas & power markets is a plus
· Prior experience working with energy trading, risk and analytical systems is a plus
Thanks & Regards,
- 4,000+ professionals globally.
- USA | Canada | UK | The Netherlands | UAE | India | Singapore | Hong Kong | Japan