We are currently seeking an Assistant Financial Controller for a perm position in Atlanta, GA. The Assistant Controller is a key contributor and management role that will assist US & Corporate
Accounting/Finance teams and work closely with Global Corporate Controller, Region Finance Leads and
company CFO for a growing multinational broadcasting services company. The individual will manage and
execute month end finance close, global consolidation, preparation of financial reports, accounting memos for
significant/unusual transactions, lead adhoc projects under the guidance of Corporate Controller along with the
set of responsibilities described below. The role will also require interaction with Business Operations in US
and International Regions as a key accounting/finance partner on projects from time to time. The position
requires a dynamic, qualified individual willing to adapt to changing needs and requirements of a fast growing
company with US and International operations.
- Strong work ethic with high integrity, capabilities of a leader and a doer; continuous improvement thought process is a must
- 10-15 years relevant experience
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Significant experience with ERP systems, specifically Great Plains, Databases is a plus
- Superior knowledge of GAAP accounting and SOX * Excellent computer skills including excel.
- Supervisory experience
- Accounting and/or Finance four year degree
- Public and Industry Accounting including SEC Reporting experience desirable
- Manage as well as record transactions by department, comparing costs incurred to budget and performing an analysis of profit and cost centers; capability to analyze results deeply and identify issues or financial statement improvement opportunities.
- Lead the Intercompany accounting process to ensure intercompany transactions are reconciled.
- Provide monthly and annual closing of the financial records of the company including internal and external financial reporting.
- Perform all financial reporting activities related to the preparation of annual tax return with outside CPA firm.
- Manage fixed assets system and process working with fixed asset accounting team.
- Lead and manage all indirect taxes such as Sales, Property, Use, Real Estate tax data working with the in-house and outside firms, while identifying savings opportunities.
- Responsible for accuracy, analysis and review of all accounting entries and general ledger accounts.
- Manage the general ledger and fixed asset team; train, lead, coach and manage accounting staff
- Project Manage annual audit working with all accounting areas such as AP, AR, International regions and prepare audit and tax schedules.
- Analyze variances and prepare management commentary; provide operation reports and metrics to operating team.
- Preparation of monthly financial statements and related footnotes.
- Create and post journal entries as necessary, provide monthly reconciliations.
- Create and assist in development and implementation of new templates, processes and procedures to enhance productivity of department.
- Work with finance to create the annual budget..
Indeed - 12 months ago
Synergy America, Inc. is a full service staffing company, located in Atlanta, GA. We have 20 years of staffing experience and supply skilled...