Underwriter Trainee - Workers’ Compensation Risk Underwriter
Synergy Comp Insurance Company- Sharon, Pennsylvania
Are you looking for more challenge and satisfaction in your career? Does the chance to really make an impact energize you? What if you could apply your leadership abilities to take a business to the next level?
Synergy's philosophy is to create a long term relationship with our clients that enables them to realize substantial ROI on their workers' compensation dollars. We do so by combining innovative claims resolution, risk management, and loss prevention strategies into the most effective workers' compensation solutions available today and by helping them create a company culture that embraces safety as a core operating principle.
Located in downtown Sharon, PA in a beautifully renovated landmark building, Synergy Comp's unique and innovative way it does business is positioning the company for future growth.
Synergy is looking for a dynamic individual to join the team as its Underwriter Trainee.
Desired Skills & Experience
No underwriting experience necessary. Insurance claims adjudication and/or loss prevention experience desired, but not required. Four year college degree in Mathematics or related subject field with emphasis on computer and office management skills. 0-2 years experience in clerical/administrative support function.
Workers' compensation underwriting involves understanding the business needs of highly diverse commercial customers. Networking and building relationships with insurance agents. Analyzing customer data to prepare account proposals.
This position is responsible for risk selection and risk allocation, as well as pricing of accounts to make the company profitable, keep acceptable renewal ratio, and meet company new business goals. Responsibilities will also include role as coordinator with all other company departments; claims, loss prevention, and operations, and to report through proper channels of management.
- Four year college degree in Mathematics or related subject field with emphasis on computer and office management skills.
- 0-2 years experience in clerical/administrative support function.
- Proficient computer skills, including word-processing, spreadsheets and e-mail software.
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize daily assignments to maximize productivity.
- Energetic team player with excellent telephone, customer service and communication skills.
- Highly organized with ability to handle multiple tasks and to meet timelines.
- Strong attention to detail with quick thinking and strong problem-solving/follow-through skills.
The successful candidate, as Underwriter Trainee, responsibilities include:
- Input all initial Risk data within the Loss and Exposure analysis and generate the initial underwriting packet thru the proposal completion for assigned accounts.
- Completion of all Loss and Exposure Analysis for new business and renewal submissions; including the creation of the Strategic Partnership Plan for both fully and self insured clients.
- Work with actuary to develop pricing models and database for the company and develop as needed.
- Develop the loss pick pricing model /database for Synergy for current pricing system and those as they are developed.
- Scheduling of all Loss Prevention walk thru visits, proposals and Executive Reviews for assigned accounts.
- Participate in the business development of new accounts from agency meetings to account proposals and agency/agent training and development. Be aware of company goals and trends and manage and build territory accordingly.
$30,000+ salary to start based on experience and bonus potential with performance.
Synergy Comp Insurance Company (www.synergyinsurance.com) is located in a pleasant, family-oriented environment. With good schools, low crime, a premier health-care system, and a short distance from Pittsburgh and Cleveland, the location could not be better. Our location provides a comfortable atmosphere without the big city hassle, with great scenery and a reasonable cost of living.
We offer an excellent work environment, a "Wellness Program", a full range of benefits, including medical, 401K, and vacation.