SYNERGY HOME CARE

SYNERGY HOME CARE United States Employee Reviews

Capable of learning new things everday
Caregiver (Current Employee), Vancouver, WAJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: no benefits
A typical day at work was usually never the same tasks every day. There was the same chores, but every day had it's advantages to learn something new. I enjoyed working with my clients and learning their individual needs, likes and dislikes. At times it became difficult to do everything I needed to get done in my scheduled shift, but I made sure that I prioritized everything. I have very little to say when it comes to management. Synergy is a great company to work for, but management could be a little more organized. The hardest part of my job would have to be keeping it as professional as possible. When you spend every day with someone and get to know them it can become difficult to not have somewhat of a personal relationship with them. I love being a caregiver and would love nothing more to excel in this field. I enjoyed getting to know each one of my clients and helping them their daily activities. There's nothing like helping someone feel like they are not alone in this world.
Generally not a good place to work.
Human Resources Director (Former Employee), Denver, CODecember 10, 2014
Cons: no benefits
Management at this company was difficult to work with. We had a fundamental disagreement about hiring people. Mainly, I was not allowed to pay anyone more than $10/hour. I was also not allowed to hire teenagers, who are about the only group who can afford to make $10/hour. Then he would complain that we didn't have any quality employees. Well, if you want quality employees, you have to pay quality money. The owner admitted to me that he himself could never live on $10/hour. I loved my co-workers however. The hardest part of the job was that we were dealing with people who for whatever reason, would sometimes not show up to their scheduled shifts. Then we would be scrambling trying to find someone else to cover the shift. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and delivering orientation.
Love it..very flexible and understandable
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYDecember 10, 2014
Pros: alot of placements
Cons: not many hourly cases
i have been working for this company for about 6mnths now.. im still with the case they gave me when i first applied.. the couple that im staffedwith are very nice people.. the agency is very helpful and also finds cases thats kinda close to home, and that too is a good thing.
A healthy environment and fun place to work
Home Care Specialist (Current Employee), Parsippany, NJDecember 7, 2014
Pros: provides services to destinations
Cons: short breaks
assisting clients as and aid in home
providing clients with their basic needs
worked alone and if questions refer to a supervisor
the most enjoyable part is taking care of the clients
the hardest part of the job is staying overnight with the clients
na
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCOctober 27, 2014
It was great. Management was excellent. co-workers were excellent. it wasn't any hard parts. Everything was enjoyable.
Unprofessionalism
Caregiver (Former Employee), Mesa, AZOctober 20, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: a typical day at work was cleaning, that is all
Horrible company. Horrible management.
I worked for this company for only 2 weeks and in that time I repeatedly asked them to tell me what my pay rate was and they said they would call me and never did. The jobs they sent me on were not light housekeeping. They were heavy cleaning jobs. I myself am elderly and suffer from arthritis and wringing out industrial sized mops with my bare hands for 4 hours was very painful. Their training was ludicrous, with a 15 minute CPR class that they charged me $55 for. They never did train on how to transfer a client without hurting myself and or the client which several clients need. They also charged me $35 for a TB test without telling me I could get one from the Health Dept for $15. I told them I could only work 15 hours a week or I would lose my Social Security and they tried to schedule me for a 35 hour a week job. They would schedule 2 caregivers for the same client.
They never followed through on anything they said they would do.
WATCH OUT!!! Go somewhere else.
Flexability
CNA/HHA (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GASeptember 26, 2014
Pros: traveling
Cons: traffic
A typical work day would be to cook, clean, give medication, assist in personal care.
I learned patience.
Management was friendly.
The hardest part of the job was to leave clients that lived alone.
The most enjoyable part was to be able to help.
Caregiver
Caregiver (Former Employee), Pennington, NJAugust 26, 2014
assist the consumer when needed
help with feeding
cooking
bathing
taking them to the store when needed
help the complete their tasks
Not so great
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), Phoenixville, PAAugust 2, 2014
Pros: helping the people you work with
Cons: no breaks, very low pay, no overtime, no benefits or 401 k
At Synergy, there isn't any room for advancement and the pay is really low for the job performed. When required to work overtime, management refuses to pay what the State requires by law. They pay straight time and if you make a stink about it maybe you can receive an additional dollar per hour for the overtime worked. All in all Synergy is okay for a temporary job until you can find something better.
Great Company
Caregiver (Current Employee), Upland, CAAugust 2, 2014
This is a great agency to work for, the owners/ management really care about their employees.
Unprofessionalism
Data Entry (Former Employee), Shreveport, LAJuly 10, 2014
Pros: getting to meet with all the differnet reps that would come in from different companies
Cons: favortisum
I did data entry here and enjoyed my job and felt secure until the Office Manager decided to bring in her friends from another job. There was a lot of lazy people that worked at this home health. A lot of unprofessionalism within the office. The DON at the time would go thru the office yelling and cussing at his RN's and would never get in trouble for that. If you were not in good with Branch Manager or the DON you were not going to get promoted in any way, but if you were brought in as a friend of the Office Managers you would get promoted all day! The hardest part of this job was keeping up with the recerts for the RN's every week. I got along with my co-workers, had a niece and great friend that worked there with me.
great place to get experience.
Caregiver (Current Employee), Broomall, PAJune 13, 2014
Pros: the opportunity to help others
Cons: n/a
Typically at work i help my clients in the morning with dressing, bathing, meal prep and light house keeping. I enjoy talking to my clients about activities and favorite shows. I try to help them remember how important life is, remind them to push harder and look at the positive in everything.
summary
Home Health aide (Current Employee), Farmington Hills, MIMay 18, 2014
Pros: work always around my area
Cons: want full time hours
a typical day at work usually busy and i learn that i love my job working with patients. great but i needed a more set hours. teamworker was very important roll made the job smooth. is getting attach to patients. I love my job
caregiving
Caretaker (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 12, 2014
Pros: --
Cons: no healthcare, short hours
I would go to clients home and talk with them. Ask what they wolud be needing for the day, such as cleaning, cooking, help bathing and gardening. Sometimes I would be asked to drive client to appointments or to do shopping,which would be okayed by a scheduler.
The management of this company was a bit of a mess, I would occasionally have my schedule mixed up with another caretaker, or I would have a problem with getting in contact with anybody from the office at times.
The best part of the job would be the clients, they always seemed happy that I was there and would tell stories of their past.
going into homes and taking care of clients
Caregiver (Former Employee), Chelsea, MIMay 6, 2014
This field takes a very special person to be able to handle the hardships. This schedule fluctuates. Clients pass away, or drop out of the company. There is no set schedule, that is the only downfall. I enjoyed helping clients with dementia, and helping their families.
Excellent Customer Service & Communication with Employee's
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 22, 2014
Pros: always had work, open communicatation with manager & staff
Cons: was never able to meet other co-workers
I absolutely LOVED working for this company! I surely do miss them and my clients. My typical day would begin at 5 am. My first client was a 12 year old boy, diagnosed with Muscular Atrophy. Always so positive, cheerful and smiling. Aside from the Hoyer Lifts, Breathing machine, and chest compression machine, I had assistance from a home nurse. This patient was such a joy to work for. I had a split shift with him M,W & Friday. Morning consisted of getting him ready for school & maybe some homework. Evening shift was at 4pm. I would prep food for dinner, give him a bath. He is brilliant and want's to be a Video Game Designer. He has already created a Video game on Apple Phone's called " Monkey Rush" that the Make a Wish foundation helped crate for him.

I also had a full time client M-Friday 9am- 6pm. Advanced Alzheimer's Patient. She always had a smile for me and got used to seeing me everyday. We really had a great working relationship, she was like a grandmother to me. I also had a wonderful relationship with her Daughter. Never a dull moment with her. Although she might become combative or scared...not knowing her surroundings, she would always call for me or reach out to me. My best memory was taking this client to Butterfly World. I had never seen her smile so much and look so ALIVE. Laughing and giggles when the butterflies landed on her. Was glad to share this experience with her. I had lost my mother in 1991, she loved butterflies. So to share this with my client was extra Special & a beautiful lunch day with her.
Client base always change going on
Program Coordinator (Current Employee), Mesa, AZApril 19, 2014
Pros: happy clients
Cons: no healthcare
Scheduling, working with clients, talking to case managers, working with DDD families and clients.
Very rewarding job
LPN-Home Health Nursing Full Time (Former Employee), Plaquemine, LAMarch 31, 2014
Pros: benefits and flexibility
Cons: no raises
A typical day at work would be out doing home visits seeing patients. All of the staff worked well together to coordinate care for our patients. The hardest part of the job was traveling and the most enjoyable part of the job was caring for the patients.
Synergy Home care
Care Giver (Current Employee), Sun City, AZFebruary 22, 2014
Pros: friendly enviroment
Cons: better pay
A very good company to work for. THEY TAKES CARE OF THE EMPLOYEE.
a typical day at work was cleaning
Attendant (Former Employee), mesa azJanuary 7, 2014
a typical day at work was cleaning, that is all, never really spoke with management, did not ever see co workers

1 2 3