SYNERTX Employee Reviews

Small Facility and not enough to work with in gym
COTA-PRN (home health) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85021September 13, 2017
I worked at a very small facility that didn't have a good gym set up. A very small team of co-workers so I worked alone most of the time. Good company with good incentives.
Pros
Good incentives and open training
Cons
Worked alone most of the time
Small growing family owned business that's primary concern is the money and not patient care
COTA/L (Former Employee) –  Goodland, KSFebruary 28, 2017
Not a good company to work for at all. This is a small family owned company that works in rural areas all across the U.S. with their main office located in Phoenix, Arizona. Firstly, they do not take care of their therapist which in turn affects patients quality of care. They are more concerned about the money and growing their small family owned business. Secondly, they are located in Arizona and have no idea what their therapist have to go through or are exposed to in the rural areas, nor do they care. When asked if one of the people higher up in the family company would come out and see what a typical day was for their therapist they refused or ignored the requests. Thirdly, the hours are ridiculous. It can vary from 10 to 60 hours per week, given that is typical in this type of work and location, they are not willing to work with their therapist or understand their situations.
I worked full time for them for about 1 year, which was the longest someone had stayed in this position and location (very high turn over rate), and I would work in SNF and Home Health settings which they allocated as two separate entities so I could work 40 hours in each and not be reimbursed for my overtime or travel. Typically, I worked 40-60 hours per week with no overtime and putting approx. 1,500-2,000 miles on MY own personal car. So, no they do not provide a company car so you are putting lots of wear and tear into your vehicle on various roads and conditions. I ended up having to sell my car that I had just paid off for a new vehicle with AWD. They also had a situation in one location where
  more... I had reported all 4 of my patients being neglected for wound care, in which they told me to basically mind my own business and "stay within my scope of practice", later to find out from the locals that they just cannot afford or find better nursing. Very sad and unfortunate. Lastly, they let go of a perfectly competent and wonderful therapist based on race, or in their defense because they had too many people complain because of the "language barrier", however, she went to find employment with another therapy company in the same exact location and area and is doing wonderful and helping many of people in the rural areas. :) Overall, not a good company to work for unless you are desperate, which I was.  less
Organized workplace, flexible work schedule
Contract Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 12, 2016
Quality EMS system, competent, friendly and helpful support staff and coworkers. A typical day would involve assimilating patient information in order to perform PT evaluations, treatments and care plans. Patient, family and staff education performed, discharge planning and all supporting documentation and physician communication as needed completed.
Smaller contract rehab company
Physical Therapist/Rehabilitation Director (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 4, 2016
Synertx has always been a great company that has grown in the past decade. I have gone back to this company three times and would return again if they have a contract where I live.
September 20, 2016

Thank you for your feedback; we hope to partner with you again in the future and in the meantime wish you the very best! You will be missed!

Typical contract corporation for Skilled Therapy.
PTA (Current Employee) –  Alamogordo, NMSeptember 2, 2015
My immediate PT supervisor is outstanding. Great communication between therapy staff on progress of patients to better prepare for discharge from therapy.
Pros
Rehab team realistic with expectations.
Cons
Constant counting minutes of therapy provided.
September 20, 2016

Thank you for your feedback; we are so happy to hear you have enjoyed working with your team! The regulatory and reimbursement environment under which the long term care industry operates can be onerous, but we pride ourselves on putting the needs of our patients before financial results, which is why so many therapists say working for SYNERTX is like a breath of fresh air!

An Honest Company
Corporate Office (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 18, 2015
SYNERTX is a large company with a small business feel. After 10 years of home health nursing, I wanted to pursue a different avenue of health care. I found SYNERTX and could not be happier. SYNERTX offers not only job security but also a personalized dedication to each employees success and growth. They offer benefits as well as a flexible form of PTO called Choice Time.
Pros
Kind and supportive management, laid back office with a fast paced feel
Cons
None.
September 20, 2016

Thank you for your feedback; we are so happy to hear you are enjoying working with us!

Good company
Full time PTA (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZJune 17, 2015
It was a great company to work for! Strong regional and local support. Really proactive with staying up to date with all therapy/healthcare changes.
September 20, 2016

Thank you for your feedback. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the support you received, and hope to work with you again in the future!

Gossipy stagnant non creative team
Staffing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 26, 2015
Synertx does not care about their employees nor therapists, they are money driven and have high turn over besides the few people that have devoted their lives to be miserable there.

Worst work environment I have ever been in.
September 20, 2016

Thank you for your feedback. Many members of our corporate team have been with SYNERTX for over a decade and love the culture we promote. We’re sorry this environment wasn’t the right fit for you and we wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Enjoyable workplace,great staff and patients!
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Whitefield, NHMay 17, 2015
Very good company to work for. The staff and patients are great to work with. Its more about the actual patient then the money.
September 20, 2016

Thank you for your feedback. We pride ourselves on putting the needs of our patients before financial results, which is why so many therapists say working for SYNERTX is like a breath of fresh air!

Very enjoyable
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth City, NCApril 17, 2015
I thoroughly enjoyed my employment with this company. Management was very good and genuinely concerned and active in the working environment. Patients were cared for well.
September 20, 2016

Thank you for your feedback. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed working with us and hope to partner with you again in the future!

Few hours, 90-95% productivity, meaningless notes, manager in another state
Physical Therapy (Former Employee) –  KalispellNovember 15, 2014
Expect 1-4 hours work, possibly per week or a few times a week, at 90-95% productivity. Expect to be called in for work by someone in Arizona. A local coordinator is overworked. If you are under 90%, expect robotic emails stating their requirement of 90+% productivity. Pt notes are meaningless and done with the patient. Look elsewhere unless desperate.
Pros
Wonderful patients. Position would suit a volunteer.
Cons
few hours, 90-95% productivity, manager in another state, nothingness notes
September 20, 2016

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate everything our PRN therapists do for us, including stepping in when caseloads are high or when our primary staff is out on vacation or ill. It’s hard to predict how often we can book our PRN staff, but are grateful for every minute they work! Our productivity expectation is 85% for PTs, which is among the most reasonable in the industry. We hope to work with you again in the future!

Great company to work for
PTA/Interm Rehab corrdinator (Current Employee) –  Stillwater, MNAugust 3, 2014
I work with great therapist. We have a good team of therapist, nurses, NP and doctors.
Pros
flexable schedule
Cons
high productivity standards
August 30, 2016

Thank you for your feedback. We are so happy you enjoy the team at your facility, and working for SYNERTX!

No Advancement Opportunities
Scheduling Coordinator / Client Services (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 23, 2014
Upon interviewing, I was told there was plenty of room for advancement and that they appreciated someone able to balance person life with work. Once I worked there, I quickly learned that neither of these two things applied. Not only is the company completely family run, thus offering only family members room to climb the corporate latter, but as a remote scheduler, you are expected to be working from am until 10 pm 7 days a week. The pay sounded great at first, but this being the expectations, was completely unreasonable. Lastly, there was no sense of community in the workplace. Employees and managers alike, didn't recognize each-other in the office or outside of it. Absolutely no feeling of being part of a Team.
August 30, 2016

Thank you for your feedback. I agree that working in a 365 days-a-year industry like healthcare is difficult, and requires some of our employees to be on call outside of office hours. Thank you for all the hard work you did!

Positive environment that provides quality care
PRN COTA (Current Employee) –  Phoenix/ScottsdaleJuly 14, 2014
Synertx Rehab and the facilities they work for are very professional, organized facilities that provide quality care to all their patients.
August 30, 2016

Thank you for your feedback. We strive to foster an environment where our ethics drive everything else.

Supportive upper management
Rehab Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 9, 2014
Great therapists to work with. Corporate always keeping therapists in the loop as it pertains to recent Medicare changes, decent benefits.
September 20, 2016

Thank you for your feedback; we are so happy to hear you are enjoying working with SYNERTX!

Sometimes the grass is greener. . . .
COTA/L (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 22, 2013
I have worked PRN for this company in Phx and have enjoyed the change from my full time position, the productivity is reasonable, the therapist are always helpful. I get the feeling this company actually cares ( at least a lot more than the rest ) compared to some greedy therapy companies that only care about rug levels and money.
August 30, 2016

Thank you for your feedback. We pride ourself on putting the needs of our patients before financial results, which is why so many therapists say working for SYNERTX is like a breath of fresh air!

Nice place to work, celebrated our Birthdays monthly, and bought us lunch when we reached our goals for the week.
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ.August 11, 2013
Day consisted primarily of coming in, and spending the rest of the day mostly on the phone making home and facility calls. I enjoyed having my own desk and computer that I never had to share with anyone else. The co-workers were great, management was good.
August 30, 2016

Thank you for your feedback. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us and hope to work with you again in the future!

Inconsistent Staffing
therapist (Current Employee) –  new hampshireMarch 22, 2013
Love working with the facilities but after having a consistent schedule for 2 and a 1/2 years and covering on weekends as needed for others they just stopped calling and gave my regular hours to another part time person. Now they only call when they can't find someone - went from 4 to 5 hours a week to nothing for several months. Now that they need help as others have left they are calling again. In the time I have been with them, they have changed coordinators/contacts so many times I can't keep up. So, if you want consistency and loyalty, this would not be the company you want to join. They pay well and the computer system is pretty easy to understand once you are trained.
Pros
pay and computer documentation system
Cons
lack of loyalty
August 30, 2016

Thank you for your feedback. The coverage provided by our PRN staff is invaluable, and we thank you for all your help!

So few hours that it is hardly worth the bother of showing up.
pt (Former Employee) –  montanaJanuary 17, 2013
Definitely not ever going to be full time but rather 2-3 hours per day. Not worth the time to show up. One would be better off working a full time job in another field than to work here.
Pros
little paper work
Cons
little work and little pay
August 17, 2016

Thank you for your feedback. Working in long term care, caseloads can sometimes fluctuate wildly - it’s one of the hardest things we have to manage! We’re sorry this industry wasn’t the right fit for you and we wish you the best in your future endeavors.

good work environment
Rehab Technician (Former Employee) –  Concord, NHJanuary 11, 2013
My workday was enjoyable, and fast paced. I loved working with the team, and felt like a valued member of that team.

My 'in house' manager was amazing.
August 29, 2016

Thank you for your feedback; we are so happy to hear you are enjoyed working with us!

August 30, 2016

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SYNERTX. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6